The last Remant

I remember Holla Forums talking about this game months back so I picked it up to see if Holla Forums was just over hyping this game what I played was something fucking else how the fuck do you manage to even play something this complex?! Seriously getting all the endings to fucking Drakengard 1 is easier then this fucking game so Holla Forums can one of you anons tell me what the fuck I'm doing in this game?

You're playing The Last Remnant, faggot. Get used to it.

I'm embarrassed for you.

You clearly weren't here at because if you were you would know that you need to be a Class S Autist to play Last Remnant.

TLR being good is a meme. It's an over-complicated mess.

TLR could be good if it didn't require bashing your head against the wall to figure out absolutely everything. You need the wiki. It is perfectly valid if you think the game is shit because of this.

Would you say it's the Dark Souls of its genre?

No its just insanely complex and seems that grinding makes your life a living hell.

I dropped this game mostly because I was bored and couldn't really understand the mechanics.
Doesn't help that I dislike JRPGs in generals.
I mean from what I played it wasn't THAT hard, I followed Holla Forums's advice and never grinded, I don't think I went too deep in the story but still, to me it felt like those JRPGs who are incredibly complicated but you can finish without really understanding what's going on.
A bit like E.Y.E., maybe more confusing though.

Game was pretty fun, but wasnt nearly as hard as people say. Just explore your options and really focus on building a good team. Remember certain side quests unlock very powerful guys/formations for you to use. In addition, make sure to only use combat/magic arts depending on the character to maximize their effectiveness with their respective art.

But the waifus are worth the 200 hours of autism though. I even played it in Japanese for the S+ autism rank.

Should you have balanced teams for focused teams? Like a team of all macive users or a couple of magics with some fighters?

you need to grind OP, trust me im a lawyer.

The Last Remnant is not something you can play and actually fully understand without a good deal of outside research on the games mechanics.

That doesn't mean you can't play it. I myself played it a while ago, long, long ago, and I had no idea what it was, I just wanted a JRPG. I made it a good chunk of the way through the game, up to The Gates of Hell I think it was called.

It's just that you won't fully understand what the fuck is going on, or why something is a certain way, or why it shows up in some circumstances and not in others, etc. It's extremely convoluted, the Dorf Fort of RPGs. Dorf Fort isn't difficult to figure out, it's just that its UI and organization is a completely mess, and this game is even worse, which makes trying to fully understand everything an exercise in frustration. If you play this game, you are required to read the wiki if you don't want to fuck yourself over as in, get to a certain point in the game beyond which you cannot fucking progress because you played the game "wrong," and you're stuck there, and you'll need to restart from square 1

One final note
DO NOT FUCKING GRIND

Bullshit, I 100%ed the 360 version at launch without a guide and a high BR. PC version is more lenient with BR yet people still bitch about having to avoid fighting because muh BR.

That's bullshit though and stems from retards on the 360 version having one save file and getting stuck on Gates of Hell because once you enter that area you can't get back out, though they changed that in the PC version because of all the bitching. Gates of Hell is almost the half way mark story wise.

Only thing you need the wiki for is making sure you get all the side quests before advancing the story which is nothing unique to TLR.

I respect your power level for instructing these fags on why TLR wasn't the bogeyman it was memed to be but I have to dock you a couple of points for that one,

I don't know anything about the difference between versions. I barely remember anything about my playthrough. I do know for certain that 1) I played it on PC 2) I couldn't beat him no matter what I did, I spent hours on it, either my party was too weak or GoH was too powerful, and 3) When I got to GoH I couldn't go back.

I played it on PC and GoH was a point of no return, period, full stop, I know that for a fact. It's pretty much the only thing I can clearly remember about the game. It might be different now, but there was no way out when I played. I know that I had something like various saves (maybe autosaves? don't remember if it has those) but all of them were beyond wherever the point of no return was. I think it was the start of some cave, but my memory is extremely fuzzy.

The point being I was forced to start the game anew, and decided it wasn't worth it, especially after spending a few hours trying to dig my way out of that hole.

Just checked and you're right. They did add a warning letting you know you won't be able to leave in the PC version.

Why are you getting triggered over that?

this is why the game is poor

The Last Remnant was a good game but hampered by a couple of design flaws. It's biggest sin however, was that the devs once again made the mistake of trying to pander to western audience and the burgers in particular with the main villain. The Conqueror was designed specifically to appeal to Western tastes and to no ones surprise he was probably the worst character in the game design and characterization wise. A stoic blank slate who tanks all attacks effortlessly and kills a good character (Emma) just to show how ebin badass he is. No real development outside of silent badass ever really occurs and he is only beaten by a cut scene sacrifice at the end. A horrible main antagonist and it completely undercuts a otherwise interesting setting and lore. I pray for the day that the Japanese realize that westerners(burgers in particular) are the cancer of the hobby and trying to pander to them hurts their games every time. Don't even get me started on them taking advice from western devs who have never created a good game in the history of the industry.

tldr; Western panders hurts otherwise good JRPG. Japanese games should not be translated. Learn Japanese and import or gtfo of the hobby

the entire game was a design flaw. not saying it wasn't fun to play but that's about it

Aye, I always considered that the harder fight.

Yeah because JRPGs are known for their great, well written villains.

This is what you consider pandering to the west? I take it you don't read/watch much animu/mango, shounen in particular. Autism.

I disagree. With a few tweaks it could have really been something special.

There are multiple articles and interviews discussing the intentional design choices to appeal to western audiences. Shonen is trash and it's appeal to the tasteless is no surprise. You stink of the typical burger this game was trying to appeal to.

Your weebish elitism is fucking blinding you to the flaws of the game if you seriously think the main villain is the cornerstone of the game's failure.

Not that someone like yourself could ever fucking admit you're wrong, your ego doesn't allow for it. And before you commit to the stereotypical assumption of thinking I don't have a good deal of history with animu/mango/JRPGs in general simply because I called out your weeb elitism for what it is, you'd be fucking wrong there, too.

Opinion dismissed.

That's funny seeing as I'm not a burger you fucking autistic weeb.

And you single out the fucking conqueror, something that's a staple in animu/mango. Do you get all your opinions from articles on sankaku complex? I bet you play Nep shit and here you are acting like an elitest, wew.

Opinion discarded.

You have the shit taste and ignorance of one. You don't even know what a weeb is or deliberately use it incorrectly and your ignorance of anime and manga is palpable. I regret coming to Holla Forumseddit already.

I know what a weaboo is and the reason I use it is that you stink of one which I why mentioned a weeaboo site. I'd assume you'd get that unless you're a newfag that thinks watching/playing Jap shit makes you a weeb.

Fuck off back to M/a/L then faggot.

Weeaboos were a short-lived product of the late 90s-mid to late 00s anime and manga craze and little has been heard from them since, even as everyone and their dog is constantly screaming their heads off about them in a fit of paranoid psychosis. For all intents and purposes they no longer exist. Maybe if you go out your way to look for them you'll find some. You may not be a actual burger but your aggressive stupidity and utter lack of anything resembling taste while ineffectively attempting to portray anyone who points out your obvious deficiencies as a elitist or boogeyman shows you have the ugly soul of the average Americlap. /a/ is a excellent board and your animosity towards it is unsurprising. You wouldn't last five seconds there.

Will you two just fuck already

Weaboos were Joots rebranding of Wapanese you fucking faggot and they very fucking much still exist. G/a/ia is crawling with the filth so I'm not surprised you're an /a/utist.

WEW

You're right because it stopped being my main board in 08 when your ilk became a very visible minority.

The origin of the word was not what was in discussion. The definition was and your incorrect usage of it. "Weeaboo" does not mean "anyone who likes Japanese culture, anime, and manga", it means "I am not Japanese but I desperately wish I was and make an ass of myself trying to roleplay as Japanese". These people barely exist anymore and /a/ is not a place where the few that do convene.

Between your goalpost moving on the origin of the term and your laughable attempts to gain "oldfag" cred to try to bolster your weak arguments I'm just going to suggest that perhaps you should return to Encyclopedia Dramatica or Know Your Meme. You don't fit in here and you are embarrassing yourself.

When I played I grind so hard, I was devastated

Don't grind, link more battles. Also carefully plan what direction you want your characters to grow. Disable skills if you dont want them to use it and expand on it

Get to a point where your armies just spam Whiteout and Blackout over and over again, and then just do that forever.

I played for about 4 hours and then got stuck for two because I couldn't figure out where the fuck to go because literally every path was roped off to me and I kept going back to the castle but the leader had nothing to say

I then looked up a faq and found out I needed to literally go talk to some random fucking shop keeper and I instantly uninstalled

The game is shit

Who doesnt talk to every NPC they see in RPG's?

Because I had talked to that NPC beforehand, and the game then decided he was essential afterwards and it gave me no indication of such

The game is shit

And if you think I'm going to go back to every single area with NPC's and start talking to every single one over and over again after every mission just to find the next step you are out of your fucking mind

Bumping for gitgud

Easy or not it's just not a very good game. It looks pretty and has some interesting systems but a ton of poorly implemented mechanics. It was easily one of the biggest purchase regrets I made.

I found grinding to be actually beneficial. Played on PC version. Of course I linked every battle I went into.

that's shit's fuckin' metal looking as fuck dude

gates of hell is kinda intimidating but is not much harder than other bosses up to that point, now for the real carnage look at this guy you can clearly see four party members standing, another one half dying in the corner and two more dead, what you can't see is the other eleven ones that are equally as fucked as the ones in the picture, it doesn't help either that this fucker has a turn limit making ramboing the most viable tactic

The gates of hell are before or after the first fight against the conqueror? I remember goh to be a pain in the ass reviving and manipulating your characters, but i think i got past it. I stop shortly after the mercenary group cutscene iirc.

I beat the fallen too, without a character that knew that 1hko spear thing. And without the brothers synergy. There was a trick to do it. Forcing him to use only melee with hexes perhaps i don't remember.
Anyway, I grinded, meaning I always killed all the enemies in a map, and most of those special monsters you have to wait to spawn (an autism you can't imagine) It opens more possibilities and abilities.