Wolfenstein was an amazing game. One of the best of its time

Wolfenstein was an amazing game. One of the best of its time.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/games/wolfram
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FUCK YOU KIKE THE NAZIS WERE THE GOOD GUYS, ONCE DADDY TRUMP STARTS THE 4TH REICH, YOU WILL BE THE FIRST IN THE GAS CHAMBER

I always found Wolfenstein really boring. The levels all feel samey and you lose interest really quickly.
dunno, kinda gay

The secret levels in Doom 2 were pretty terrible and left no room for level variety. Maybe the actual game is better but it didn't give me any desire to go and play it. Heretic is pretty damn fun though.

t.shitskin

How old are you? This game is dated as fuck but your post reeks of underage.

I'll take "games that could not be talked about were they release today" for $200 dollars.

I'm 25.

That explains it

Is under 30 the new underage?

Your post describes Castle Wolfenstein and Beyond Castle Wolfenstein better than Wolfenstein 3D. iD Software had already made Hovertank 3D and Catacomb 3-D, so it wasn't exactly innovative or pioneering aside from the nice aesthetics and engine.

And? from the faces of Holla Forums threads the majority of the posters there are shitskins like you. Those fags were (((civic nationalists))) from halfchan so no one here actually liked them, that's why the threads were banned.

The levels are repetitive and pathfinding is hard due to the samey looking walls and overcomplicated level design. Being old isn't an excuse because Ultima Underground had more variety and better design.

I don't have that much problem with mutts, but why is Holla Forums consisted by a bunch of nu-males?

Ayy

Congratulations Holla Forums, you managed to fuck up something as simple as a Wolfenstein thread just so you could push your Reddit-tier ideologies onto a video game board.

Not really, you newfags probably got the wrong idea that Wolfenstein was an incredible revelation from some youtuber.

It was an interesting concept amidst many others, but lacked the punch and flair to break through. In the end it didn't feel like playing a new genre with a life of its own. Doom on the other hand, blew our mind: the very starting area before the first door felt like a liberation, another sense being unlocked in your mind.

The go-to trash game that hipsters spout about because doom is too mainstream and good.

They are legitimately retarded if they think Holla Forums out of all place would support ideologies which don't value private property

Mods, it's time to ban leftypol of Holla Forums
Look at leftypol slide and destroy Holla Forums and leftypol is trying to destroy other boards on Holla Forums

Leftypol is not welcome in Holla Forums, and nobody likes them, they have thousands of shit websites full of trash like them outside of Holla Forums.

Leftypol try to put the worse left retards of reddit in leftypol since is a dead garbage.

Don't let leftypol go outside of their containment board and derail and slide other boards.

Yes shitskin, people will totally believe this is a legitimate post and come to Holla Forums's aid because you pretended to be retarded.

Doom has worse gunplay than Wolfenstein 3D. Guns in Wolf 3D have infinitely better sound effects, animation, and damage. Doom's guns feel floaty and weak.

Reported for Holla Forums vs Holla Forums bait

As of 2017, yes.

Wolfenstein shouldn't be put against Doom.

What the hell is this post.
Why are you talking about Wolf3D as some magical experience. It was great for its time but was soon superceded by games like Doom, Duke and Quake.

Why not?

Because it's one of it's predecessors and not it's peer. Saying that is better than Doom is factually wrong but shitting on it when comparing it to Doom makes you look retarded.

Disappointing.

moddb.com/games/wolfram

I think it's still pretty good. Not as good as Doom or Quake, but still better than the majority of first-person shooters, if only because of how fast you can move compared to them.

Is that 4/pol/ or ours?>This game is dated as fuck

Future Shock > Quake

Alright, what's your argument? Wolfenstein 3D's is objectively better than Doom in Gunplay department.

They wouldn't be wrong. Jazz is nigger music and Cowboy Memebop is shit

I do not understand your reasoning. Should I then not compare Doom and Doom 3, because it's one of its predecessors and not its peer?
Is it wrong to compare Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Wolf 3D? or either with Wolfenstein, the remake?

and off we go!

Wolf3d was the COD of its time: not very good but simple and pleb-friendly.
Ultima Underworld was better in pretty much every way possible.

Why do i have to explain everything to you faggots as if i were talking to children just in case that you might misunderstand me or something? There is no room for casual subtlety anymore, you are expected to be as specific as a cooking book with your posts, getting fucking tired of this shit.
You are just a shitposter.

It depends on the context. Saying Wolfenstein 3D's place in videogaming history was overrated because DOOM was better only makes you look retarded because DOOM built on top of Wolfenstein 3D's work to become what it is. Those games were made by the same people, even.

Not really. I just liked Wolfenstein and it was my first FPS.

I don't know why you guys are losing your minds.

Quake was also made by the same people, for that matter. Duke Nukem 3D was not, though, but it was clearly influenced by preexisting shooters.

It's a nazi-killing game. Add a little bit of bait and Holla Forums flips out. Some of it is intentional shitposting to make sides look retarded, but they are still colossal shitposters.

Top Cuck.

I wish the NuWolfenstein wasn't so trash.

Jazz blows dogs for quarters. Not because it was made by blacks but because it is just terrible. Fucking vaporwave has more merit and vaporwave has no merit.

Yeah, I hope they brought back classic level design. New Doom, new Wolfenstein, new Shadow Warrior, they're all ruined by the shitty CoD level design. They have great graphics, great gunplay, but I hope they weren't so linear.

I think you're a kind of deaf you know.

If all they want to do is shitpost they should go to >>>/shitpost/

Such as?

Exactly, it's about what started what and which came first.

I'm sorry you have no ability to feel feels from your surroundings and have notoriously shit taste in music.

You're right. Sorry.

This thread in the first post leftypol make this subtle but he was already prepared to post fast projecting in his second post with his shitty memes who they try to copy from Holla Forums

I played wolfstein, but leftypol make the possible to projecting some retarded shit in their threads to slide and create some shilling against Holla Forums or projecting in Holla Forums in hope to create a envirovment and userbase against Holla Forums on Holla Forums and other boards.

They are trying to be subversive, they are the ones who create more off topic threads, they are the ones who derail and slide more the threads.

Be aware of them.

There is no need to be upset faggot

I understand its historical value, but saying that it's amazing even today is kind of pushing it. Just because it indeed was a pioneer of its time doesn't mean there weren't plenty of better games made afterwards.
I just disagree with calling it amazing, is all.

Your post was just really weird with shit like
I'm sorry for shitting on your thread OP.

Are you under the impression that the only people who could find Holla Forums shit annoying are Holla Forums users?

Because you're really, really wrong there.

Are you being fucking retarded on purpose? Everything you described is way fucking better in Doom. You're one of the hipsters that is describing. I like Wolf 3D but it's literally boring trash compared to Doom.

What's the fucking point?

fun

I was hyperbolic regarding the animation (although Wolf 3D's pistol feels better than most of Doom's guns), but I wasn't lying regarding the sound effects and damage. In Wolf 3D, you can clean up a room in an eyeblink with your minigun. In Doom, minigun is a pansy ass weapon with slow fire rate and pistol damage. And yes, guns sound more powerful in Wolf 3D. I actually hate the guns of Doom, save for the plasma weaponry.

Oh, sorry OP. But…
You made your thread at the wrong place, at wrong time OP. The past few days on a butch of threads had a lot of Holla Forumsmmies trying to shit those said threads up with there "muh not true communism" or something like that and it got really bad on those threads. Sorry for jumping the gun to early OP, I thought. Call me a faggot if you want, I deserve it.

Every time I see Holla Forums nonsense being posted here I go on their board and shitpost to vent my frustration. I just want to talk about video games.

Anyway, do you guys think id was actually good at level design or was it a lucky coincidence that all of the technological advancements in their engine lended themselves to good levels? I have a sneaking suspicion it was the latter because the only good id games are Doom 1 and Quake 1, both made with new game tech in mind.

shit taste confirmed

Hahahaha

Those are the nu-Holla Forumsacks I was talking about.

Have you tried project brutality? Not a fair comparison to vanilla wolf, but the weapons feel great.

They don't sound as great as the original tbh.

I like the simplicity of the levels in Wolfendoom, but that's the extent of my experience with Wolfenstein.

I think they sound great, but that could be because I turn my woofers way the fuck up when I'm playing to the point where I can feel the gunshots vibrating my chest. For all I know they could sound like shit to headphone users.

Those are just loud. Wolf 3D has that beautiful echoing gunfire noise that sounds like it's something from a 60's WW2 movie.

Now I'm intrigued. What is the best wolf3d source port?

nice b8
Commander Keen
Doom
Doom 2
Doom 64
Hexen
Quake II

The ones that fix the samey looking walls and crappy level design. Either way, I just play the gog version.

ECWolf

Grabbed ECWolf as recommended.

The sound isn't bad for 92 I guess, but I'm not getting that whole "beautiful echoing gunfire" thing. Even with my roofers cranked there's just no punch to it.

Woofers. Fuck I'm tired.

Where the fuck do hipsters like you come from anyway? I remember playing Wolfenstein 3D as a kid. It was good shit.

I'm hoping the reason you are shitting on Wolfenstein 3D isn't some subtle compulsion to downplay nazi-killing shooters just because you're a Holla Forumsack.

Good luck with that. I'm pretty sure most of Holla Forums's Holla Forums boogeymen aren't actually from Holla Forums.

Is this a token attempt to stay thread-relevant or are you seriously this retarded. (It's probably both, isn't it?)
A) It was good level design.
B) There were a lot more good iD games than that, you stupid fuck. See

Holy shit

Whatchu talking about? That sounds pretty. You don't need a good speaker to hear that. You're just looking for loud noise with lots of bass, not pretty sound.

I thought Raven Software made Hexen, not Id. Probably had some help from Id but I don't think you can credit them for the level design.

It's ok. The thing is, at that time it wasn't about gameplay. It was about pushing the hardware. That's why you can't compare Wolfenstein with Doom. The hardware dictated what could be done. After a certain point though, i.e. D3 for this thread, all processing barriers were down. You could make massive levels, enemies with complex behaviors, etc. That's why we can and should compare D with D4. The latter has a much broader hardware lead, yet if fails at some the basics that made the first great.

I actually agree that it sounds better than the pistol in Doom which is kind of a muffled mess, but to me it doesn't compared to Project Brutality which is really close to an actual gunshot.
Probably, yeah. I love my weapon sounds to have a lot of punch.

But it doesn't sound good compared to*

Yep, officially too tired for this shit, goodnight lads.

Here's your (you) though.

I'm a Holla Forumsack and yet I never took myself too seriously that I couldn't enjoy Wolf 3D. Most of Holla Forums either have the same mindset or don't even play games at all. Those pretending to be Holla Forums on Holla Forums of all places just so they can shit on the game are the actual kikes, like always.

I remember that it was very fun to play when I was younger, but Wolf3D unfortunately aged very poorly. I can't play it for more than an hour even with sourceports that include automap.

you're cancer is what you are. Get lost

Doom's sound design was the weakest aspect of the game.

Keep in mind that sound was added almost before release. All of the beta / alpha versions didn't have sound.

That's why the weapon sounds aren't very inspired and many monsters make the same noises.

The monsters making the same noises was part of the art and vision bro

Are there any other games where you fight hitler directly because this is the only game I can think of in existence where you fight him 1-on-1. I always found it funny even the other wolfenstein games hardly mention the fuhrer.

Bionic Commando

sorry, it was just published by id

That's because the series became mainstream and normalfags can't handle references to Hitler and Nazis despite the fact that they are a part of history.

I'm 31.

That was the first time I really talked back to my parents like a smart ass.

And I remember playing it in college. Those of you who were still kids, or not even born yet, should learn your history from people who actually were there. Instead of improvised historians like the sjws from Hardcore Gaming.

It's like trying to explain normalfags that the holocaust didn't happen. Just because you've read about it from kosher websites, it doesn't mean it's what happened.

I want a new Wolfenstein where you can punch nazis

Railshooters at the arcade. A common way to explain Wolf and Doom to your friends, was saying "it's like Operation Wolf, but you can move around".

Too bad Holla Forums is mostly horrendous newfags who aren't even aware that before the mid 90s, videogames were mostly played collectively at the arcade and not in autistic solitude on a console.

Wolfenstein 3D and Catacomb 3D aren't even the first FPS games. The true FPS pioneers are Midi Maze and pic related.

I wouldn't mind the linearity if the combat wasn't so fucking shit. Weapons feel like they do nothing and every enemy is a damn sponge. Some reactions would be nice!

I remember playing this game and being too afraid of fighting any of the enemies, so I just explored every nook and cranny of the first couple of rooms.

Normalfags werent at the arcades you turbo nigger.

Aren't all the enemies just different types of "soldier with hitscan weapon" and all the guns are just "hitscan gun with different rates of fire"?

Nice bait faggot.
Kill yourself.

Wolfenstein 3D, alongside Manhunt, pisses Gamergate off terribly because you get to kill their heroes.

Fucking nazi goobergaters.

They just got terribly thin skin if that's the case.

gee, ya think, DiNozzo?

Yeah, gamergate was totally going to start in 2007 over a then-unsubstantiated rumour.

That's a lotta words just to say "I just know better than you" and boast how you're a genuine holocaust-denying Holla Forumsack. Also some retardation about how everyone who disagrees with you must have formed their perceptions from SJWs.

There's not an ounce of rationality in your post there. You're just being cancer.

Don't conflate gamergate with Holla Forums. There's definitely been overlap, but even the Holla Forums back when shit got started wasn't the same as Holla Forums now.

Polite sage.