ARMA thread

Just got ARMA 3 from the bundle. Playing single player and have to ask: Is there a way to change the color of task markers? I'm colorblind so the default one blends into the green grass too much.

Other urls found in this thread:

armaholic.com/page.php?id=10621
dev.arma3.com/post/oprep-64-bit-executables
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No there isn't because color blind people can't be in the military

/thread

Yes they can, just can't be pilots.

Any mods you guys would recommend?

RHS mods, maybe sound mods. Did you get apex too? BI kinda jewed out and came out with APEX not long ago, something I won't bother getting until they stop being jews and it goes on sale again

so you are telling me soldiers wouldn't shoot their own teammates even though they get blue and red mixed up?

I don't know that feel, fam. But here is a solution to your problem anyways.
-Options
–Game
—Colours

Also: Bohemia is a shit company that failed to take the biggest oportunity they ever had: make a new fucking engine for ArmA III.

None of which allow changing these markers.

Thankfully playing further in the campaign these markers barely get used, and never under any time stress.

How do I rename Dynamic Universal War System - Rebirth for use with custom maps?

Color blind people were used as Spotters on helicopters due to their ability to see camouflaged people really fucking easy.

You can change the colors of your hud display so I dont see why not.

Just what the hell did you think "HUD" meant, user?

Most common is red/green.

Really? That's neat. Can I get a source on that

I hope every one of you dies. You dont deserve to play ARMA

Why is ARMA 3 so CPU intensive?

I bet none of you are tactical at all and don't even understand how to use the stances properly. Watch Jester and then maybe you kids will know how to shit up multiplayer less

Haven't tried multiple and don't really intend to.

What more is there to stances than stand when speed is important, crouch when you have cover or will be still or a bit and prone when you aren't going to be moving (plus intermediate stances only useful for cover)?

Did you migrate from COD?

cod is way more tactical than this shit game anyway. i bet it doesnt even have iron sites

Jagged Alliance 2 and its many derivatives.

How easy is to setup coop in arma 3? I want to play with a friend on steam. Will I be able to host a private match and have him join or would we be limited to public servers?

Its not hard and the DLC story can even be coop'd 4 player. If you can host a server in say like gmod you can host an Arma server.

First learned it when my dad was talking about it (he's color blind) and saying he thought the camouflage tests were a joke when they were telling his platoon that they've hidden men in a treeline and he could clearly see them.

Basically it's a difference in texture vs color. A colorblind person learns quickly to detect differences in texture while normal people don't develop this skill as easily. If you can't detect the differences in the patterns anyway, you can't use patterns to try to hide something for the colorblind.

This was best used during the Vietnam war with spotters being able to easily see gooks hidden to the normal eye in the jungles. There was also a case in WW2 where a color blind person got through the color blind screening and ended up "saving" a mission because he was able to spot what everyone else in his flight had missed.

2302 is the only port you need to open, should be easy-peasy.

what exactly is an arma. why is it fun, if you consider it fun?

Military sim

I enjoy autistic military simulators, I don't know what else people play it for

Kart racing?

50 people just as autistic as me participating in combined arms when we have all taken the time to git gud.
If you haven't been in a good clan the best way I can describe it is imagine taking the top 5 players from 10 FPS servers and having them fight a much stronger force.

Brilliant, Bohemia! Thanks!

More like you are just killing AI that float between gods and brainless idiots because the AI is still shit. PvP is where it is at though. Ain't nothing better than having a group of 10 people roaming around the map destroying people because your group uses a drone to scout.

Are you playing on a server or are you doing singleplayer? I had no trouble getting 60fps on high with my 780 ti in singleplayer, its on servers where the fps can be dogshit depending on how often it restarts and what all it is running.

Yeah, I hope they unfuck that in the next game. My machine maxed out the Phantom Pain but chugs shit to the point that I don't even like playing sp in arma anymore.

How about this one? They deserve to go tits up if they dont.
They are working on 64bit version atleast.

Anyway to pirate this and still play on servers? Or host one?

Pretty sure you can do it in the options with the rest of the HUD colour shit.

DAC nigga, once you get use to using it it's great and combined with ACE makes the AI much more intelligent. Still nothing like fighting people but pub servers are full of casuals and I like combined arms which takes large numbers on both sides.
armaholic.com/page.php?id=10621

what are some tricks to get a better frame rate? i turned all the settings to nothing but it didnt make much of a difference. maybe it has nothing to do with my gpu. is the game ram and cpu heavy?

I had no trouble running the game on my old 780ti and i7 4770k

Currently it's only 32-bit so it can only use 3.5gb of RAM and is very CPU intensive on just 1 or 2 cores.
There isn't much you can do but the 64-bit exe is on the dev branch right now and should see public branch release in the next two months.

While BI fucked up hard with the AMRA 3 engine I'll give them credit for putting in much more effort than other devs to fix their shit.
dev.arma3.com/post/oprep-64-bit-executables

Git gud in King of the Hill then find a clan if you want large scale MP fun. If you are new to the series it's probably worth watching a basics video as tactics make all the difference in the world.

that sounds really groovy

You're a pretty tricky son of a bitch you know that user

there was a ARMA tread some time ago, asking for players to get together and join a server some user set up to remove some kebab as russian forces, any one know if thats still going?

Don't be a pussy mate, even the saltiest milsimfag is willing to teach if you just shut up and listen.

Man we used to have a Holla Forums arma clan back at half chan and that was a hoot and a half. But then some fucking "oh so random" facebook fag became an admin and fucked the whole thing up.

I'm sorry

Colorblindness is in 1 of 10 men because it's useful for hunting as you pointed out. It's pretty rare in women because women have no need for it as they maintained settlements. In fact, there are some cases where women have an extra cone in their eyes that allow them to see a wider variety of reds.

I find it interesting that most women with the extra cones have no idea they see the world different to everyone else as there is no way to know what other people are seeing.

That ratio is not true its 1 in 12 and the reason why women don't have it is because it is linked to the X chromosome which men only get one of and women get two and considering it is a recessive gene it is more likely for a woman to be a carrier, but not present with the symptoms of colorblindess. Men get fucked when it comes to dealing with x chromosomal defects because they only get an X and a Y chromosome.