Nintendo CFW + Homebrew Thread - First Edition

INSTALLATION GUIDE
3ds.guide/
WARNING
Modifying your system can result in a brick. However, if you follow instructions exactly, bricking is almost impossible. Every step is necessary unless the guide tells you otherwise.

FAQ
ghostbin.com/paste/edhgf

ROMS WHERE/Downloads
Freeshop: freeshop.pw (direct download from nintendo's servers, Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan) 3dsiso.com/, 3dschaos.com/, 3ds.titlekeys.com/ (completion rate: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now))
3DSISO/3DSChaos Account: eightvee:veeeightbunker
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools,
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
Luma3DS GitHub: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
Virtual Console Injectors: pastebin.com/QtAQVH5T

Misc
Discord Invite Code: ccecErB
Current OP Pasta: ghostbin.com/paste/hz2rh
Last 3DS Thread: archive.fo/R1SsA

—thread merge—

CFW INSTALLATION GUIDE
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Wii U on 5.5.1 firmware (latest firmware as of this post)
SD card (At least 16 GB, the bigger the better)
A USB storage device such as an external HDD
(A SD card + USB Adapter also works for storing games). It's all explained in the guide. i haven't personally tried it

LOAD GAMES FROM SD (NO CFW)
If you don't want to dick around with CFW and/or only have an SD card, there is also Loadiine which lets you load games straight from a SD card with no modding of the Wii U.
Just format the card to fat32 (with 64k allocation size since it speeds up loading in a few games). You might need a 3rd party program to do this, depending on SD card size.
Get the Homebrew Launcher with these instructions:
gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-launcher-for-wiiu.416905/
Get Loadiine
github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/v0.2
Place your Loadiine game folders under SD:\wiiu\games
Go to loadiine.ovh on your Wii U web browser
Launch Homebew Menu
Launch Loadiine
Play game

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-launcher-for-wiiu.416905/
github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/v0.2)
archive.is/czfK4
archive.is/XJVke
gbatemp.net/threads/wup-installer-title-installer-firmware-spoofing-3-x-5-4-0.397053/
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5xd3ul/how_to_format_a_64gb_or_higher_sd_card_to_work/
3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
pastebin.com/QtAQVH5T
wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader
mega.co.nz/#F!WRcEybiS!XkS89zjkXlgscw9AJjXwrQ
gbatemp.net/threads/release-utikdownloadhelper.446125/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-snes-forwarder-maker-for-3ds.460895/
t
mega.nz/#!iphjCLpb!-r4INdwoSrfSBpuuGNKnHah4BnWZRsY9kKxRJdnZfRg
ghostbin.com/paste/kmj8q
ghostbin.com/paste/vb6g2
ghostbin.com/paste/7mjcy
gbatemp.net/threads/xcxgecko-xenoblade-chronicles-x-trainer-gui-using-pygecko.406442/
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer
3ds.guide/troubleshooting#gw_fbi
wololo.net/2017/03/11/nintendo-switch-already-hacked-known-vulnerability/
archive.fo/hLt81
mega.nz/#F!CBwVQTRJ!4aOJv7JV3_3-57LTNknKUw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ANY WII U VERSION INSTALLATION GUIDE

LOAD GAMES WITHOUT CFW

Install the Homebrew Launcher: gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-launcher-for-wiiu.416905/
Then place the Loadiine game folders (github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/v0.2) in the SD:\wiiu\games folder
Visit loadiine.ovh on the Wii U Web Browser
Launch the Homebrew Menu then launch Loadiine and start playing!
Misc
Last Thread: archive.is/czfK4

No, there isn't a CFW for the Switch yet.

archive.is/XJVke
As a heads up, Switch runs a modified version of FreeBSD (like with PS4), and has no browser for hackers to exploit like with 3DS and Wii U.

Forgot pic related

Should merge the first two posts. They fit into one and otherwise, you can't use the search function in the catalog to find "Wii U".

Remove the Freeshop section about downloading the enctitlekeys manually as it's outdated and inferior.
You don't really need the Luma3DS git as 3ds.guide points to the latest version and you should have LumaUpdater installed on the system instead of doing it manually, which can be fucked up by people not listening.

The Ghostbin with current pasta is outdated. Remake it with both 3DS and Wii U.

For the Wii U section, remove the line break before the tutorial. Remove the line break after "LOAD GAMES WITHOUT CFW". Change those capslock lines to greentext or redtext, to break it up for better visibility.

3DS didn't ship with a browser.
They'd be insane not to add one as most people would use it for something like a walkthrough or shit like that.

So the dream is dead? Switch CFW never ever?

Maybe no CFW for this console, but we could still run homebrew and somehow custom roms!

PS4 was hacked without a browser, the browser just makes it easier.
Switch "backups" and some form of homebrew within 18 months is my guess. That's about the timeline for all consoles to have modifications made.

Oh, and remove the 3DS pastebin with CIAs. A bunch of the links are dead and all of those games are either on Freeshop of can be VC injected.

Not necessarily. From what I've heard, the Vita is/was using FreeBSD as well, and that's been getting a lot of shit done on the homebrew side lately. I haven't been paying too much attention but I think they're getting close to a CFW. Not so sure about PS4, but remember that the PS4 is an underpowered laptop in all but functionality.

Thanks for reviewing it, I just pulled the copypasta from the user who put it up in GhostBin.

PS4 uses modified FreeBSD 9 called Orbis OS.
Vita uses FreeBSD and NetBSD as a base.
PS4 is Unix-like, PSVita is Unix-based.

Seeing as both of those have homebrew/CFW, there's no reason to assume the Switch won't.
I heard rumours that the Switch would be Android OS so it worked with the Tegra X1 better, but I guess that's no longer the case.

Everybody told you combining the WiiU and 3DS CFW threads was a shitty idea and you do it anyways

The 3DS threads alone always have enough posters to fill. Why would you do this?

Furthermore most people find these by searching '3DS' or 'WiiU' in the catalog and the thread subject has neither

Delete this waste of server space you self-imported piece of shit.

this tbh. There wasn't a need, knowledge of one system doesn't apply to the other, and it's ultimately not necessary.

Double agreed. The OP just copied and pasted the 3DS OP and made it the OP for all nintendo products. They aren't the same, and they have different issues.

MODS DELETE THIS OP!

How do i play wiiu games from a usb? I have Mocha cfw without Haxchi/ redNAND. I already have botw playing from loadiine but the load times are 10-15 minutes when fast traveling or starting up, pretty much whenever the games has o reload everything. And then it has random 2-3 minute freezes whilst exploring so it can load new shit. It's damn near unplayable.

pls help.

Both of you are autistic, kill yourselves. Not to mention A. searching in the catalog would pull up this thread by searching "3DS" or "Wii U" and B. 8ch doesn't have mods.

you gotta download WUP installer and use it to install the games in your USB

just google WUP installer and you'll get what you need

Unless I'm not understanding something WUP installer only works with sd cards. Also can't i brick your wiiu if you use a game from another region?

It won't brick, it will just refuse to boot the game.

Could i get a guide for retards write-up please? I'm really not too sure about how to do this.

There should be a guide in the second post. If not, here is a link to the offical GBATemp thread.
gbatemp.net/threads/wup-installer-title-installer-firmware-spoofing-3-x-5-4-0.397053/
Scroll down a little and you should see a setup guide.

FreeBSD is pretty well made, however the companies that base their stuff on it generally are shit at what they do.
Also, the switch will most likely have a web browser at some point. It's basic funcionality everyone expects nowadays, and nintendo has shown they do release consoles without a web browser and add it in soon after with the 3DS.

How are you supposed to put games bigger than 4 gigs on a fat32 sd card?

No, you fucking retard

There is a recent reddit post that tells you how to do it.
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5xd3ul/how_to_format_a_64gb_or_higher_sd_card_to_work/

Do you not know how sd cards work? Just get a 32gig or more card and format it to fat32.

If not through browsers, then everything just has to be installed through the sd card. Honestly the only way to truly stop piracy would be to not have external storage like sd cards for starters, and that would kill their console anyway.

Do you not know how fat32 works?

Do you not know how file formats work? You can't have files bigger than 4 GB in a fat32 filesystem.

Funny coming from the guy who is asking such a basic ass question. And to answer it: split up the files, dumbass

Oh wait yeah. Ive never hacked any of my consoles before and i just assumed the games would just be in one iso file or something.

Hey, I'm at section IV of this guide: 3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

I get to step 13, but whenever I try to launch Homebrew Launcher, it loads, goes to the black screen with basic text and stops on "the homemenu ropbin is ready." than boots me out and the N3DS gives the "error has occurred" screen. I followed the steps verbatim, even tho there were some times where what it said and what was happening didn't line up completely, but nothing to out of the ordinary. Any idea what I did wrong or how to fix?

Section IV doesn't talk about the homebrew launcher, so I will just assume that you mean Section VI.
Are you connect to Wi-Fi? Whenever you select the Homebrew Launcher cia, it downloads a payload to use and runs it. If you aren't connected to Wi-Fi or it doesn't work, just launch the Homebrew Launcher from Soundhax. It will work the same.
Also make sure you didn't delete the boot.3dsx on accident.

Yes, Section VI, I am not smart. I did not think of those ways, but tried, and learned I am connected to Wi-Fi, have boot.3dsx, and the soundhax way doesn't work either. Please save me

Do you have the updated CIA installed? The last version would crash on 11.3 due to Nintendo blocking the title or something.

What do you mean SoundHax doesn't work? Are you using the correct payload? Remember it needs a different file for each region and each firmware iteration. Check system settings and make sure you've got the right one.
If you're lazy, download and install the Homebrewlauncher.cia from Yellow8's github and run that.

We didn't hit 300 replies on the 3DS thread for a week+, and the Wii U would take even longer, or just slide off because no one posted to bump.

Combining the two was sensible and the vast majority agreed in the 3DS thread and the discord.

11.3 is fixed for the CIA and SoundHax can only achieve Userland on 11.3.

Where is my JP BotW. Shit's been out for 35 hours.

Can I transfer USB data to another drive? Base game barely fit, so need to get a bigger one for the DLC/patches.

A data transfer would work as long as there isn't any hidden partitions like redNAND

Know what's even worse than the JP version not being on the titlekeys site?
The patch is.

I was just as annoyed by that.

Everything I downloaded for this was done today, from that guide, so I assume so

I mean, SoundHax gave the same error Homebrew Launcher did. I even just swapped out my otherapp.bin for a new one of the updated firmware I updated to. Just stops at "the homemenu ropbin is ready." and boots back to the 3DS menu saying "an error has occurred please reboot blah blah", so I don't know what's going on with that.

What region is your N3DS from? Some regions like China and Korea don't work so well

USA

Sounds to me like you need the ropbin not the otherapp. Get it from Smea's website.

No, it's just a message that pops up. It doesn't distinguish between otherapp and ropbin.

Did the Homebrew Launcher work before you did the CTRTransfer?
(Saging for double post.)

I'm sure there were problems fixed by using the other one, but if you say so.

Yes, it did

Using a pre-downloaded payload bin doesn't work since the CIA has one already included inside.

Try re-downloading and replacing the starter pack, that could help.

Oh, I got lost in the conversation. I thought we were still trying for SoundHax.
I'll stop """helping""" :^)

This is a dubs thread user, there is no such thing as help :^)

The guide in the second post no longer covers a usb method as that write-up is from reddit and they are faggots.

Also I mostly have it figured out now but my wiiu won't recognize my usb. Guess I'll need to buy a y-cable after all.

replaced starter pack and still the same error. I appreciate the help

Too bad you missed them
:^)

What is your USB formatted to? Use it on a computer and right click > properties (Windows) or > get info (OS X). It should mention the format of the drive.

Some first impressions after dicking around the starter area for a bit:
1. Combat is surprisingly hard as fuck. Enemies will kick your shit in pretty quick if you're not careful and they will attack in groups. Best strategies are usually to pick them off from a distance before they can swarm you.
2. The world is surprisingly comfy. There are times when I was simply content to just mess around and gather up apples and shit while cutting down trees for supplies. Not many games help me feel this relaxed.
3. There's a temperature mechanic. This surprised me, because I went climbing for a bit but suddenly started taking damage because Link got too cold. Don't know if I particularly like this mechanic yet since it artificially blocks off certain areas unless you either make some warm clothes or bring a shit ton of healing items, but it's still a pretty cool touch.
4. Weapons break all the time. The weapons are disposable and the game even incentivizes you to keep switching them out because the weaker weapons are flimsy as fuck and will break in about three or four hits. I thought I would hate this, but I've warmed up to it a little since the game throws a new weapon at you every time you kill an enemy or do one of those shrine trials.

Well, you can still continue through the guide, although some applications will crash due to no DSP.

Check again :^)

You've gotten lost on your way to the BotW/Switch thread. Have fun with your video game.

I renamed the Discord chat. It would be nice if it wasn't the same 4 anons that speak :^)

g-guys? my riot chat is still here… #nintendohax:matrix.org

>Virtual Console Injectors: pastebin.com/QtAQVH5T
FUCKING HELL, I JUST WANT TO PLAY THESE GAMES WITHOUT AUDIO OR EMULATION ISSUES

RetroArch just werks.

Wew. I remember when Holla Forums was shilling that for everything, then people just settled on Tox, then gave up and kept using the boards.

okokokokok, I think I figured out what went wrong, I had the N3DS CPU clock+L2 selected, which brakes homebrew on 11.3, so I turned that off and tried going to homebrew, but now the DSP dump is gone. I looked at this after re-injecting hs.app, so I don't know if i'm fucked out of that or is that just something I can put back on the SD?

You should be able to put it back on the SD. Place it in the /3ds/ folder.

I heard Snes9x works well.

It was formatted to ntfs i just formatted it to fat32. I'm testing it now.

Cool, that worked, thank you for your help!

It doesn't work either. The tablet just say says "Checking usb storage device…" Gotta wait till tomorrow to buy that damn cable.

cook up some peppers to resist cold temps or use a lit torch.
lmao xd

Hehe

Wii U question: Do I actually need redNAND or Haxchi to run games, or can I run the homebrew installer through loadiine, install the games onto a USB drive through WUPinstaller, then play them through Mocha?

After I did the whole homebrew thing, I've noticed strange question mark icons pop up on both the normal and mocha system menus. Are these normal, and is there a way to get rid of them?

You can just run loadiine through homebrew to play games, but it only works for sd cards. Mocha has support for external USB devices.

There aren't any. The largest cartridges are 4GB and none of them use the entire space.

Tox isn't an imageboard replacement.

You can do that without Haxchi, yes.

No, we were talking about a Discord-like group.

Whats the difference between a game thats loadline ready and one thats not?

Does changing your dns server block the eshop as well?

I have 2 quick questions:

1- I finished installing all the games I wanted on Mocha + Rednand on my WiiU. I wanna know if I can go online with them without getting banned. So, can I go online using Rednand + Mocha with pirated games? If I just log in with my Splatoon or Mario Kart downloaded with WiiU USB Helper, will they work? I'm asking this because, while I do own the discs, I wanted to sell them while they are still worth something in market.

2- I had a bogus install on my Rednand. Now this half install shows up as a "???" and when I try to uninstall, it locks up my console and I have to hard reset it. What do I do? Just ignore it? If I go online with it, can Nintendo know it is there and flag me for a ban? I presume reinstalling Rednand would get rid of it, but I don't wanna do that now that I just finished setting up my WiiU.

Yes. Remove it if you ever need to go to the eshop, and then put it back.

Thanks for the help, installing to a USB drive worked fine.

Apparently Loadiine games have to be decrypted first, they have directories in them instead of a bunch of random files.

Is there Switch CFW yet?

Well, it is impossible to get banned due to no online support for "backed up" games.
Just like the 3DS, you cannot be banned for having redNAND because Nintendo doesn't care. I think that you can change your nnid, if you do get banned.

What do you mean? What will happen if I try to log online with a Mario Maker eshop title downloaded with WiiU USB Helper and run with CFW?

Also, if that isn't possible, is there any way to play online without the actual game discs?

You can log into the eshop, but you won't get banned.
The only way to play online without the discs is to have the digital download instead. The Wii U homebrew team haven't found a way to enable online play yet.

But aren't the ones we get from the WiiU USB Helper digital downloads retrieved directly from Nintendo's servers?

From the Homebrew/Loadiine tutorial:
I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that

As I understand, on a Wii U using Mocha CFW, eShop-only titles (like Virtual Console games) downloaded via uTik cannot be installed via the common method, as they require a forged ticket.
A quick search implies that one needs to tamper with the Wii U's sysNAND in order to install FakeSign titles, but is that the only way? If so, is that way covered in FlimFlam's guide?

Where does it say that?

It should be under "Installing HaxchiFW"

This is if you want the Homebrew Channel, not to run Homebrew.

Yeah, after a few minutes I figured I must be retarded and read the wrong instructions

That sounds like bullshit. CFWs patch out any signature checking, WUPInstaller will install shit with fake sigs if you run it from under CFW.

Is there a convenient mega for WiiWare .wads? Specifically looking for Mega Man 9 + DLC and La Mulana.

Loadiine runs without any CFW, just from HBL. Or at least it used to. In any case, running CFW is a simple as selecting "MochaCFW" in HBL.

There is an old Windows application that downloads Wii Wads.
wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader

soundhax still work for the latest 3ds firmware version?

It should work for 11.3.

See, that's what I thought. I've installed Haxchi, but still, every package with "FakeSign" in the folder name fails to install. I thought it was just a misunderstanding on my part, but I've done the step that mentioned…

It does, but since you can't get kernel level access on 11.3 you won't be able to install a CFW.

Did you install Mocha as well? It should be step 4 in the guide.

I thought the guide still takes you through the downgrading process to get access and install a9lh.

Where are you even getting these packages from? Anything I download using WiiU USB Helper installs just fine, and I'm using Haxchi/CBHC. Mocha isn't even necessary, HaxchiFW has sig/region patches already.
What error are you getting?

The guide doesn't have anything for 11.3 I think, the "Get Started" page just has a blank space in the table for it.

It's 11.2 only. You might have to wait for sighax or another kernel exploit.

Alright thanks then, just checking. I have an o3ds already with a9lh but I like to keep up to date on this thing should I decide to get the n3dsxl eventually.

I'm using the uTikDownloader as described in the guide before it was purged, and the WUP installer to install them to an external drive connected to the Wii U.

I didn't use the redNAND method. Is that necessary?

Got it fuckers
mega.co.nz/#F!WRcEybiS!XkS89zjkXlgscw9AJjXwrQ

Which version of WUPInstaller? Versions older than Y Mod might not work. Do you mean this thing? gbatemp.net/threads/release-utikdownloadhelper.446125/ Might as well use the guishit I mentioned, it auto-downloads tickets if you give it a link to wiiu.titlekeys.com.
redNAND is never necessary.

Wew I got Zeldo on mocha but today when I turned it on it says I cant play without an update. Am I fucked?

The update was leaked in the last Wii U thread.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:15774FD2557D983CF3F8D061125738A0AD52E52E

Thanks. I just wasn't sure if the update was an anti-piracy update that I should have not downloaded

Was a thread merge really necessary?

No, confuses the fuck out of me that one happened at all. I don't remember there being any need for it and if the catalog-clutter argument comes up then there's so many dead or stagnant threads that catalog clutter isn't at all a worry.

Not really, but it doesn't make a difference and speeds the thread up a bit.

can I update my 3DS?
I did the hacking about a month ago, following the guide

If you have a9lh and luma, it's safe to update.

alright so i installed mocha but how do i use it to play games? Where do i put them?

Got a >32GB USB drive?

Activate mocha via Homebrew, since mocha software only works when you're in mocha. Then go to homebrew app store and get WUP Installer Gx2 or a similar program. Put the game you want on your SD card In a folder called Install/mygame, then go to WUPinstaller and use it to install the game. You have to put the whole game folder, not just the files inside that folder. If you're using this for Zelda, you have to install Zelda and the update with WUPinstaller. Also before you do that, in mocha, when you launch it, make sure to enable redNAND as well as both redirection options under the tab. If you haven't enabled redNAND yet, it will give you the option to reformat your SD and create a redNAND partition. This is necessary and will wipe your SD card, so you will have to put mocha back on it, but next time you run it, with redNAND, you won't have to reformat.

Why would you need redNAND?

Signed, someone who just installed Nintendo Land on USB as a test game.

Something about not every game working without it. I'm not really sure to be honest

So i need rednand to play zelda? Even if i have mocha? Has anyone here got it too work without rednand?

Also do i have to be in mocha to play the games ive installed using wupinstaller?

Haven't tried. Only one way to find out

If you wupinstall the game while in mocha, the game wont appear until you enter mocha, so yes. Plus, mocha unlocks the game's region

Just one more question Do i have to use haxchi to use rednand?

FAT32 sucks ass. This explains the black screen I kept getting while launching mocha.

A 64k block size seems to cause a lot of problems for this card, a MicroSD 32GB class 10.

No. Haxchi allows you to install mocha, homebrew, etc on your system and boot it up without needing internet to navigate to an access point, but it's not required

Oh ok so i would just turn on rednand in the mocha menu then right? Its just because the guide mentions using haxchi when and the rednand in the same part.

Yeah, just turn on rednand. also turn on seeprom and otp redirection. I dunno what to do about haxchi because I never got it

Is a wiiu even worth buying to hack and play games on? Does it have anything worth playing other than zelda?

Take a look at its library and see what you think.

I'm trying to use Loadiine to play Zelda, but it just sits on a white screen after the light flare in the opening. Is loadiine just really slow or is it a problem on my end?

Some user said he took 15-20 minutes to load between areas, so yes. It is that slow

These are not installed updates. Press the home button and go to the download manager.
There you can delete them.

Or if you had a preloaded update (mine was for MarioMaker) you can install it and it's gone too.

Don't attempt to delete these ??? via the system settings.

Also the DNS Servers from the Guide didn't worked for me. I deleted the internet connection completly and i'm currently waiting for more mocha updates.

Update: this card is defective. WUP Installer was smart enough to check that data before it finished installing, thank god.

There you can delete them.

Different user here - I tried doing that and deleted everything in my download management queue, but the "?" icon is still there. I tried deleting it from the system menu, but it crashes the WiiU with an error message and forces me to turn it off. SHould I just leave it there and ignore it, then? It's not on my sysnand, thankfully its only on the rednand.

I got zelda to work without rednand. So far it seems to be working correctly. But is there a way to stop the wii u from checking for an update for the game each time i want to play it? Obviously the update is blocked but its still annoying.

I delete my internet connection before starting the game

Try using the new SNES forwarder Maker
It uses the Snes9x Retroarch Core instead of the Virtual Console Emulator. I know it at least should support SMW Call of Cthulhu

gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-snes-forwarder-maker-for-3ds.460895/

The dev said that it will even support "Snes9X for O3DS" on the future, so you can play your injects on an Old 3DS/2DS

Don't lie to him, nigger. The current 11.3 update has been shown to slow down some games. There is no reason to ever update.

Could somebody upload his "Ultimate NES VC Injector for 3DS" somewhere? I've downloaded it three times from the official MEGA link, but the files are corrupted (the .zip file size is 6.6MB but the extracted .exe's size is more than 150MB. When I click on it it says "This is not a valid Win32 program")

I just want to make some VC injects for some romhacks I like

But he didn't lie nigger. He's absolutely right about the fact that's safe to update the console if you have al9h and luma.

t witter.com/smealum/status/832782763396730880

Also, fuck off, newfag. Reported.

I'm pretty sure it's ONLY OoT3D and even then it's only sometimes in Hyrule Field or when usng the Sheikiah Stone for hints.

wew

I downloaded, extracted, ran it successfully off the relevant gbatemp thread. Dunno what to tell you. Try using another extractor, maybe 7zip? Clear browser cache before redownloading?

It was this:
mega.nz/#!iphjCLpb!-r4INdwoSrfSBpuuGNKnHah4BnWZRsY9kKxRJdnZfRg

Thank you SO much, user!

(nice)
I'm glad I helped, user.
Enjoy your games!

Dunno what to tell you either, pics related.
I'll try another tool

Here's the hash for the zip, if that might help

Thanks user. I'll give it a try

Thanks!

After trying the PocketSNES base emulator, I'm a little torn. It works without any major lag, but the framerate takes a huge hit. Audio issues are still there, but it's playable…

I've been reading through a few guides on WiiU before I get one and I was wondering if there really is any reason to use CFW for playing backups when uTikDownloadHelper exists and you can just play games directly this way. It seems like you can play online with this method, whereas it doesn't work using install with CFW.

I just started looking into this stuff, so correct me if I'm wrong.

What happens if I try to install Smash Bros UUUU DLC if I have the disc and some DLC (on internal memory)? And can I still go online with it?

Is it based on PocketSnes (now Snes9x2002)?
Is there an option to use Snes9X2005 instead?

In the end I was finally able to get it to work, but I'm quite dissapointed about the NES VC quality, as the Nestopia Core for Retroarch usually gives me better results.

Thanks for your help, user.

Noob question here. What would I need to install on my backup SD card in order to use it to ctr transfer?

That's the default one.

There's PocketSNES, CATSFC, CATSFC+, and Snes9x Next (the one with RetroArch, not the cia emulator that works with O3DS), all running RetroArch. Currently gonna try Snes9x Next as the base.

I don't think you need any software, just move your NANDmin.bin onto your backup SD

that doesnt seem to be the case. It still says no usable file found. Is my only choice to find an SD card with more than 4 gb?

Or hang on, better question. Am I able to delete certain save files for certain games? For instance, I don't really need my XY or Mystery Dungeon saves anymore.

Sure, just make sure you do it from System Settings unless you know what you are doing with FBI or JKSM.

Thanks for spoonfeeding me. I'm not dumb, just really cautious.

Jesus, these hackers work fast.

And MP4

Not surprised, tbh.
Nedwill and Smea were already working on exploits with the Webkit.

Not much can be done with this, yet, but assuming they can't patch it out, there's a chance you can use the webkit to gain homebrew access.

If you have a Switch like a good goy, don't update it unless you really want multiplayer.

I injected FBI successfully (or so I was told), but whenever I launch Health and Safety, I am not brought to the FBI menu. I've never used gateway. What's going on?

No, if anything it turns the tread into a fucking mess, because people are talking about two completely different systems and issues.

I moved them to the last side and they were gone after a while. So i never thought about them again.

That's quite simple, it's literally just redirecting a webpage to a webpage. You could do that in any device that supports changing DNS and there's no proper way anyone could fix it.
Now if someone manages to break into the operating system of the switch and do the kind of stuff people like smealum did with the 3ds through the web browser, that's something.

It's something because the Switch doesn't have a web browser, at least not yet, and they're a big juicy target for hacks. This gives them a way to access that wonky part for trying to get code to run, and hopefully escalation to more critical parts of the system.

It has potential, should they find an exploit that they can activate through the browser.
Perhaps, since Nintendo don't want users to have a normal browser, they didn't do as thorough security checks on it.

I don't know why someone even wrote a guide for this, it's literally the most basic networking.

So how do I use freeshop to download free games? From what I gather, I have to find titlekeys? How do I do that?

Usually CATSFC (Now called "Snes9x 2005") works the best for me in terms of performance and fidelity (although it fucks the music in some games)

Wish you the best of luck, dear user.

On the bottom screen of Freeshop, select the gear icon. From there, select the Update tag. Make sure "auto-update title keys from URL" is checked and scan this QR code with the titlekey selector.

So, I have the latest NTR and the latest BootNTR, is it possible to use the plug-ins?

Thanks for the critique. I`l go and update it now.

There's a chart with worthwhile Wii U games?

Changes applied: ghostbin.com/paste/kmj8q

Alright, I have a XL with the version 9.0.0-20U, and I'm using the Soundhax guide, but it seems that I keep getting stuck. Because I don't see all the bird tips (only 2), and I keep getting red-screened when I load the music file. should I just keep trying or go for another method?

I made an alternate guide that disregards rednand and haxchi for easier set up

ghostbin.com/paste/vb6g2

Unfortnately it will very likely execede the OP character limit. However it is now included in the one that will defintly fit. Also made the last threads more obvious. ghostbin.com/paste/7mjcy

I've never been able to get Saviine or Cafiine to work. I used the correct IP, I did things in the correct order, I gave the server a firewall exception, I disabled antivirus, I opened the port in the router, I tried using multiple PCs with different Operating Systems, I did all this, yet absolutely nothing will be dumped or injected through the network. I have hosted exploit files over the network before & it worked, but anything related to Cafiine or Saviine won't do a goddamn thing through the network. Try to dump saves? Nothing happens. Try to inject saves? Nothing happens. Try to run cheats? Nothing happens.

It's total bullshit that we have configurable firmware on the Wii U now, yet we can't even dump/inject save files or manipulate information in running memory for cheats on the Wii U itself. All of this should be possible by now without networking with a PC.

I figured, just thought maybe the link to it could go in the OP since the current guide in OP revolves around on Rednand/coldbooting which aren't necessary. Putting a link in to it in that pastebin is good though thanks.

smh tbh

bruh

Here's a better list with description
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Wii_U

I saw the self hosting thing and bailed. I just want a completed save of Windwaker HD so I can shitpost with bottle messages.

Also, is it safe to go back online now that BOTW is released? Even If my console is NA but my game is EUR? Shame BOTW has no Miiverse thing (AFAIK) like the bottle messages in WW.

Pretty sure you can play online with USB installed games. I've only done it with games with legit tickets so far (Splatoon) so I'm not sure about games where you need CFW. Pretty sure you still can, but just not sure if it can be detected and get you banned.
polite sage for quadruple post

only xenoblade x, the others are the usual old nintendo ips garbage

Except Fast Racing Neo is listed, as a title even. It's download only, user.

getting: 005-8034/009-6106 when trying to update pokemons
wat do

Is there anyone who can get the Japanese version of Xenoblade Chronicles X make avatarmakedata file that has the first female face and max tit size?

Holy shit I fucked up on that sentence. Serves me right for rushing.

Alright.
So both the Japanese, European and US versions of Xenoblade Chronicles X save character presets in a file called avatarmakedata. The files are compatible between versions which means that characters created in the Japanese version; which has the tit slider, can be saved and exported into US and European versions of the game.
Normally I would just do this myself however I use Cemu and it would seem that the Japanese version of Xenoblade Chronicles X wont go past the main menu in Cemu. Though the avatarmakedata file will hold onto the breast slider bar data they are locked to the face that was chosen during the face base selection screen in the character creator, and unfortunately while there is a working version of the third face variant with 5 different sizes there currently isn't a working file for the first face. Somebody claimed to have uploaded a set of 5 for each face but only some of the files have 5 different sizes, all of the breasts for it are at the lowest size.

Pic related if the results of the working file for the third face type

No information about this?

Could you upload/link the files of the face you want and the other one with different sizes? I wanna take a look at it and see how hard it'd be to edit manually.

Did the fat 40k cake eating kike buy a Switch?

No.
His dad bought it for him.

I'll try but its going to take me a bit to make sure that all the other variables are, to the best of my ability identical. So i got to adjust the Height and several colors to match the working 5 size for face 3 and get a set of near identical default size face 3 and finally a face 1 set at default size.

The audacity of this kike.

Also worth mentioning that there is a gecko based cheat tool that allows for editing the values gbatemp.net/threads/xcxgecko-xenoblade-chronicles-x-trainer-gui-using-pygecko.406442/

Oh boy.

Its on volafile.io/r/HF33Go as avatarmakedata folder.rar

Should I buy a WiiU? I can get one almost new for about $270CAD. It worth it?

Man, so much shit is different in those two Face3 files. Is this really supposed to be the same character with bigger boobs? I expected to see a tiny bit of red text for that difference, not most of the file being different.

Are there at least 4 games for it you want to play? I'm not sure if $270 CAD is a lot in leafland but it converts to being pretty cheap for 4 games, and the more of them you like the cheaper it becomes per game.

Managed to fix the first part, but now I ran into another problem. Mainly with the FBI injecting.
I can't seem to get this to work, I did the Hourglass9 Health&Safety Dump and Inject, but it doesn't load the FBI screen, and when I looked through the files in GodMode9, there were no files that had capitalized extensions.

What should I do now?

Did you use the FBI injectable from the torrent?

I used the one that was in the guide, it was from github. Where's the torrent?

The torrent is in the guide, it should say "fbi-injectable-v2.x.x" It has a magnet next to it.

Well, I got those already, they're in the files9 folder.
I'm stuck on this part of the guide: 3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer Which then directed me to this part: 3ds.guide/troubleshooting#gw_fbi

Using a 3DS 9.0.0-20U.

If you have an CFW like Mocha and redNAND you should be ok. I updated and nothing changed. It was a really small system update.

Just found the issue, so it's no problem now.

So I just got back into wii u shit and it seems like things have changed significantly, especially since we have CFW on it. So if I understand correctly there's a better way to get games for it, but all I know is the loadiine way. I've been seeing tickets and shit, but where do I find them and how do I install them? It would be nice to play my wii u again

Does anyone have the Update for the US version of BotW?
I downloaded but it seems to be for the EUR version.

Does anyone have Toushin Toshi for the 3DS? THe link in the pastebin doesn't work anymore.

The latest system update has been 5.5.1 for a while now, isn't it still 5.5.1?. I don't use redNAND but I use CFW of course since my console is NA and my BOTW is EUR. I just want to know if I can go online again and not be banned for playing EUR BOTW. Maybe even shitpost on the BOTW Miiverse community. Then again, I'd assume if people got banned there would be dozens of people crying about it like with Pokemon Moon.

I'd wager there is unnecessary info in it like the order in which the save slot is chosen or data from prior saves or variables related to game version. I'm going to make another version of Face 1 at default size from scratch rather then saving over an existing file. If they turn out different then it might be related to number hidden and obscure variables.

On second though I'll make one of face 3 at default size as well.

Also what program is that? I'll probably give it a shot myself.
On volafile.io/r/HF33Go under avatarmakedata folder 2.rar

What format does an external hard drive need to be in with CFW? Im buying a system expressly for the purpose of doing CFW with it.

The system will offer to format your drive when you connect it. It uses its own format.

Are there any good places to torrent .wux files? Everywhere I look only has .wud or loadiine ready archives and I'm way to lazy to convert that shit.

Why aren't the chaos games links showing up in the post? For some reason there's no like button to get those damn messages to appear.

anyone know any ways to get around this?

No idea, the AC adapter is unique AFAIK. Maybe a 3DS one would fit though not sure. You can also navigate with a Wiimote

dont have a 3ds and I cant do anything without the gamepad. looks like im waiting.

wait or see if a store sells one

tell us you fucking cuck, some autist 5 years from now might want the answer, and is browsing this very thread for information

Still 5.5.1 E Botw still runs on mine but i have the EU game on and EU console

don't post anymore xp's the nostalgia will overwhelm me.

tbh lads is there a way to downgrade, I have 11.3 but I haven't ever installed homebrew, and looking at the guides, well.

As of now, no. Honestly, you deserve it if you updated and expected entry points to be left alone.

mods need to fucking learn to separate by header

most were broken sure but at least keep the part where you can search for CIAs

I was about to ask if CPU was cet to clock+L2

remember that you can get a .cia for PSX if you search for it in the FBI
PCSX-rearmed

Bruh.
Clearly you haven't paid a single bit of attention to the WiiU's lineup. While it admittedly doesn't have much compared to literally anything else, what it does have is good.

My ZBotW EUR version wants to update even though software updating is disabled on the Wii U. I set Wii U to an offline connection, but I'm still being nagged to update ZBotW every time I launch it. I already installed it on February 28th with the update & it works fine so I don't want to fuck with it.

Is that actually good? I've heard little to nothing about it even when it was released on other consoles.

For a survival horror game it's passable, worth trying if you want something new to play. Nothing special though.

It's update v33, you can get it with WiiU USB Helper. You probably don't need it though.

nm, fixed it by killing the tickets with fbi and then reinstalling the cia.
also: getting blackscreen/errors in some out of region games, what do?

At this point you could just outright mod it back into western version along with fixing dialogue volume.

I thought it was weird too, I seriously didn't expect to enjoy it but I did. The game basically plays like GTA mixed with the humor of the original Lego Star Wars games. It's nothing spectacular, but it's pretty fun.

If you haven't modded your Wii U at this point, Nintendo played you like a fiddle.

It's me waiting for them to update ZombiU after, I paid 60 bucks for that shit.

It's lame but if you catch it on Steam Sale, it's worth the 5~10 dollars. It's nowhere near worth what I paid for it originally.

Why mod when you can emulate?

halp pls, gbatemp is mute about this shit and i don't want to go to plebbit

Maybe it's my inner buyfag, but the least I can do is give the makers of the hardware some shekels.

Fair enough, I'm sorta the same way. So far I've only emulated the WiiU games I own.

Is it normal that opening my N3DS doesn't feel smooth? I got it recently but haven't had the time to properly use it. Just unpacked it this morning.

So the first (I`m playing through the second one,it's not bad overall but having ammo rather than overheating sucks and the cut explication sucks personally).

Is it currently safe to update the 3DS with A9LH? I've not touched mine or read anything about it in ages so I'm completely out of the loop.

I have a cfw 3ds that's on 11.3

what do I need to do to emulate a 3ds game on my pc?
I know you need a decrypted cci/3ds file but how do I go about doing that with the cia files I have? I heard of xorpads and stuff but I don't know how that shit works

So I am finally on spring break and can pick up my Luma 3ds. Is there anything I should be aware of? Will they ever remove the eShop?

Recently bought pic related because my end goal is having a comfortable emulating machine to play in bed.
The only other consoles I ever had were a gba, a ds lite and a hacked psp 3000 so all the online functionalities of the 3ds are a bit overwhelming.
Is accessing the SD data without removing it secure? Depending on a wifi connection just seems a bit hazardous.
Seeing I can't remove the SD without turning off the console first I was wondering if it was okay to do so.
The guide says near the beginning sleep mode can fuck things up and the 3DS seems to enter into sleep mode before I can turn it off.
Does the 3DS need to have its cover on to function or is it merely there to protect the battery? Because if I have to screw and unscrew that thing over and over every time I need to change something in the sd card as per the guide's instructions it's gonna be tedious.

The sleep thing is just closing the console at a certain point in the hacking process that lasts maybe 10 minutes when you're on 2.whatever. The back cover is just for the battery. Wireless file transfer is safe.

So as long as I'm not in that particular step (or in the middle of another step for that matter) is it okay to turn off the console between steps?

Yeah, you can turn it off whenever as long as it's not doing anything.

Anyone know if there is a translation of Nobunaga's Ambition for the 3DS?

if i install splatoon through cfw can i safely play online?

You should be able to, I did. If you got the game from Wii U USB Helper, you should be able to play without even using CFW. I would still use CFW for the install though.

Buy one now, or never buy one at all.

Etrian Odyssey V NA release never ever

Must be where you live. I found my n3ds XL for $200 and I'm still finding some for that price

Here we go again…

wololo.net/2017/03/11/nintendo-switch-already-hacked-known-vulnerability/
archive.fo/hLt81

Is there a freeshop for the Wii U, a wireless game installer (not the one that wirelessly transfers files to the SD), or a way to install "parts" of a game one at a time? I don't have a big SD and I want to get BotW to hold me off till I get a Switch.

no, no and no

also

You could start a translation yourself.

I think it'll be a good investment.
Also

Has anyone recently bought a new 3ds xl and got 11.3 firmware?

Has anyone made an undub for BOTW yet?

Can a .cia I got from 3dsiso fuck up my 3ds?

I'm going to pick one up soon and hold onto it for a few days without opening it so I can confirm the serial is 11.2 if it's not I can just return it.

$200 is US price, $240+ is syrup nigger price

this, but we should also just post our serials/versions should we buy new ones even if they aren't 11.3

Probably not. But you should just be using Freeshop

I would if I could, but there are some gaems I want that aren't there.

I used to get mine from 3dsiso before freeshop was a thing and never had any issues, just make sure to read the thread if you don't recognize the OP and see what other people have to say about the upload.

And by read I mean skim because well over half the posters are underage buttbabies that can barely speak English.

Downloaded it, and got a .3ds instead of what I was promised.

Not a kernel exploit faggot.

Has anyone switched from EUR BOTW to NA BOTW? I'm guessing I need to delete every BOTW file, install NA version and inject my saviine save with the folder name changed. I'm assuming the NA version can't work with the EUR save unless I do this, correct?

Anyone knows a way to check if a micro sd card is MBR or GPT? I got one (32GB, empty only 29.3GB usable) FAT32 partitioned but windows's disk management isn't showing any information about the partition style.

Should I just start the whole thing over?

one of the problems is people dont know how to put the game back together again after opening it up and translating.

Blaster Master Zero is well worth a play. the jap region .cia version worked on my O3DS, I couldn't find any others out as of yesterday

Fuck it, I'm trying it. Here are the steps in case anyone wants to as well.

tl;dr for me if Switch is hacked yet

Not yet. However, a webkit exploit has been found, since the Switch uses Safari for it's hidden and shitty browser.This could lead to information that could give us Kernel access.

Also, some hackers (namely plutoo) on Twitter say that it's the next iteration of 3DS kernel, which could lead to an easy exploit.

I, like many other people, have no clue how long it will be till we actually get cfw on the switch, but it could be in the near future if things go smoothly, just don't get your hopes up just yet.

Either A) gparted`s information sub menu or B) (both easier and potentialy quicker) try to create more than four primary (default style) partitions.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I may not be able to make any use of it.
The screws on my N3DS aren't coming out. I managed to turn them counterclock wise as the instruction manual stated but they aren't coming out so I'm screwed since the guide requires using an SD reader at some point where wirelessly accessing the micro SD is not possible..

They won't come out all the way, they just come out of the unit and not the cover.

That's useful. But mine aren't coming out at all. I can make them turn and turn but there's no visible progress.

I got the update. I think it adds a DLC option to the menu so I pirated the DLC too.
The only DLC right now adds 3 underwhelming chests to The Plateau

If they were gonna add a lore-breaking Nintendo Switch shirt I figured it would be platform-specific & there would be a Wii U shirt on the Wii U version, but there is no Wii U shirt.

They're really small, so it just looks like you aren't making any progress. They have thin little washers keeping them on the back cover. Just pop the hinges and open it.

By hinges I mean the part of the cover closest to the hinges. The part where it's indented.

I'm selling it instantly.

Yeah, baffling.
The game was supposed to be for Wii U, in development for ages for Wii U, ported to Switch (and not ported very well, from what I've heard) yet now they've used the opportunity of additional content to essentially shove a Nintendo Switch advert into the Wii U version. Gay as fuck.

Throw it in lava

console is 11.3 and im trying to update to 11.4 but it says console is up to date, what gives?

11.4 isn't even out yet, you're fine. At least, I think 11.4 isn't out. Bully me if I'm wrong.

How can one bully those digits?

Anyone got Mario Sports Superstar?

Excuse me if I'm being massively fucking retarded, but how do we *know* it's hacked? For all we know that faggot made a shitty HTML page saying 'done' and loaded it with the Switch browser. Does he have a history of finding exploits for other consoles?

As faggoty as Smea and his crew are, at least we know they can put their money where their mouth is. Who's this "all" guy and why should we trust him?

k, I've got a 32 GB card set up and I wanna upgrade to 64 Gb. I've reformatted the 64gig card as per , and I copied the files directly from the 32 into the 64, but when I turn on the 3ds, nothing happens.

I don't get the "Cannot detect an SD card" message I got when I tried this before formatting to FAT32, instead I just get nothing.

I input the 32 gig into the 3DS and it picks up everything else fine, but when I put back in the 64, it stutters a bit like its reading the card, but doesn't actually load any of the homebrew apps or games that are on it. oddly, if I remove the 64gig while the 3ds is in operation, it does give me the warning not to remove an sd card while the unit is on.

which suggests that it IS reading the card and is happy with its formating, but won't recognize that there's anything on the microsd to load.

I don't know what step I'm missing. again, the files on the 64gig are an exact copy of whats on the 32gig.

i could have sworn it was out, need to get my head checked just like your digits

well looks like i fucked up, i was going to do a nand backup but ended up doing a nand restore, now im back to 9.2 and lost my shit. is there anyway to get back my games and specially my saves?

mega.nz/#F!CBwVQTRJ!4aOJv7JV3_3-57LTNknKUw
Have some NES Virtual Console Injects, lads.

Quick question if anyone knows: I have a previous update for BotW installed, and I downloaded the newest update+dlc. Can I just install the newest update over the last one, or should I delete the update data first?

well I tried to nigger it up and put my old folder with all my shit in my new folder but nothing appears and data management asked to delete everything because it was corrupt. is there any hope left? like somehow being able to create an emunand with this?(so i can back it up and then restore it)

Is there a group or a user dedicated of having all the .CIA files for all the 3ds games and eShop games in case Nintendo shuts down eShop early?

I'm trying to make a VC inject of the Project Naga beta 7 translation of Fire Emblem 4 for my friend, but it keeps saying the ROM doesn't have a header or doesn't use HiROM or LoROM even though it doesn't give any issues when I try the unpatched game. Anyone know what could be wrong?

try doing the process again. i remember having the same issue.

I tried to update sysnand after like 6 months of not touching my 3ds and I can no longer boot into sysnand. Am I clear to just format my sd and do Arm9LoaderHax? I was on rxtools if that might help I was too lazy to ever switch off it after installing it last january

Shit didn't mean sysnand. The other one. I forgot the name

Fuck, Nintendo's region kikery infuriate me. I bought my Wii U in the states, but have since moved to Canada. I'm trying to buy Brain Age to install HaxchiFW, and need to add funds to my eShop account, but can't do it because I don't have a US debit card. So I try to switch the region settings to Canada, and it tells me that if I do I'll lose access to anything requiring a NNID, including eShop. Why the fuck are they making it so hard for me to buy their shitty product?

Also, I just bought a 128gb USB stick intending to use it as a storage device for Wii U games, but I don't actually know how much space each one takes up. What's the average size for a single Wii U game (or BotW in particular, since that's the first one I'm looking at)? Also, I know the guide says so which means I pretty much already know the answer, but I've only got a 32gb SD card that I've already went through the effort of getting the starter pack set up on. The guide says that for a black Wii U (which I've got) it needs at least a 64gb card to install redNAND. Am I really just going to have to shell out the dosh for a new card? I know I can just copy the starter pack over from the first, but the money's still a pain. Or is there a way I can pirate these games without redNAND? It seems like the guide and most comments here imply that redNAND's a necessity for BotW at the very least.