River City Ransom Underground

I feel like its probably a bad idea to make another thread since the last one devolved into utter shit but I'm really enjoying this game so far and I figured I would give it another go. What I'm really enjoying so far:

What I'm not enjoying so far:

But despite the flaws I'm really having fun with the game so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/onilux
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I played it with my brother for a few hours and refunded it Not because i didnt like it, but because we were coming up to the two hours, and i dont know if he woulda stuck with it, with me

Because the game is new theres no wiki up. What characters are good at what?

What is it about this game that attracts shitposters? The black characters?

The nigger bitch has a cool looking moveset. You cant change her skin color to white :(

Its so new and there's so few people playing it that there's also no walkthroughs or anything pertaining to guides save for like the first few hours of gameplay. I wanna know how to unlock the last two optional characters but fuck me I guess.

One of the extra characters is available right from the start - most people will miss him because the game now hits you over the head with "OH LOOK AT THAT VENT!!!!", but if you go into the cafeteria and defeat all the enemies, you unlock an extra character.

I'm not talking about mike or Rudy, there's exactly 10 playable characters according to the steam page. So I'm missing two people.

Yes.

They plan to have mod support eventually.

I want to be able to play as the Roids. I also want a fucking taunt button.

Paul is best character.

Well this thread is probably going to die so whatever

Is this on Steam only?

A lot of my problems come from them trying to make things balanced and what have you.
The sheboon doesn't help though.

Sadly it is, but I feel it follows the source material better than River City Tokyo Rumble

Have the bugs been fixed?
Last I played it, it was a buggy piece of shit that put Bethesda's titles to a shame.

But Tokyo Rumble's source material is Nekketsu Koha Kunio-kun while River City Ransom Underground's source material is River City Ransom

River City Ransom EX is probably the best River City Ransom experience. I'd recommend that if you were really jonesing for it.
If you must try Underground and don't like it, please remember you can refund games on Steam. Piracy is fine too.

I'm being retarded, you're right, as silly as it sounds both are completely different despite RCR being a port of NKK.
What I mean is in RCRTR you just go to a screen and don't fight gangs, you just go to a place and the boss is there.
Also no running into walls

Have you played Downtown Special for the NES?
Its a japan only "sequel" to RCR and adds shit ton of things in the game.

Like what?

I haven't, but I'll check it out when I get home. Is there anything special of note? I remember one of the SNES ones, but it was basically a generic beat 'em up.

Why the fuck does multiplayer suck dick and not let me save the moves and money i earned?

Its an NES game nigger
Just download the ROM and see for yourself

Liking it so far. I'm still chipping away with each of the characters to get a better feel for them, really liking Paul and Provie. It just sucks having to figure out what food raises which stats, as my Provie has maxed defense but seems weak, despite being a few levels higher than Paul, who I've managed to better distribute his skills. It would be nice to have a manual of some form in the game as it's easy to accidentally skip the tutorial messages and the moves list doesn't do a very good job describing some maneuvers or executions. Enemies are typically not too difficult to deal with, but grapples are slow and leave you open if you miss, which you most likely will as enemies don't go near you unless they have an attack ready. The grappler characters Mike and Rudy are incredibly difficult to use early on, so there's no shame in not picking them up at the beginning (you can revisit the school and pick them up when you want). I'm pretty conflicted with the music; on one hand, it's all original for the game and has a couple of catchy tracks. On the other, it doesn't sound fully committed to the 50s swing style it wants to recreate, and some songs sort of tease you by almost sounding like one of the classic themes before turning into its own thing. Setbacks aside, they aren't dealbreakers to m, so I'd recommend.

Me and bros actually just got together to stream it for the night, if anyone would like to watch some beaners get drunkā€¦
twitch.tv/onilux

I'm waiting till they release the engine source to buy it.

Not too far into it myself, but I'm having fun with it. Mainly tried out Paul, Ryan, and Alex so far. Looking for a good spot to try everyone out at level 1 and up their stats a bit.

I'm surprised by the boss fights so far. Sometimes I feel like they overdo it with the special moves, but it's a vast improvement over RCR's 'normal dude but stronger' bosses.

Slick is hands down my favorite boss. I don't think I would put him on the level of Dante from Devil May Cry 4 but he's damn close.

It took me 5 tries before I finally beat him but it was satisfying as all hell when I finished him off with an 18 hit combo.

Huh, I never got enemies showing up in the middle of my boss battles. Odd.

that's because there's only a few boss battles that have generic enemies fighting along side them. the only two bosses that do that off the top of my head are Slick, and Adam when you're on the night club roof.

That character is ugly as sin
Not because she's a nigger, but because they couldn't have picked a worst color and detail combination if they wanted to

Paul and provie are the two best all around characters in the game, everyone else is irrelevant
Some tips from someone with 15 hours in the game:

- Enemies come at you one at a time, just keep everyone on one side and they will come at you dragonball style, bosses don't follow this rule.
- Defense is your best bet against everything, let them come and hit you once, defend and counter with a two hit simple combo and grab them, Glen, Provie and Paul has infinite grab attacks so you can kill EVERY SINGLE enemy in the game with this strategy, coupled with tip number one, the game becomes absurdly easy.
- Against bosses (forest boss not withstanding) you will probably want to hit then once or twice and use a close special, again, Provie is the best character at that (she is by far the best character in the entire game, and also the most boring one)
- ATK raises you special attacks (grab attack counts as special), STR ups your normal attacks, AGI only makes you get out of helpless states faster.
- When you get to the fucking milk run, go through the subway, is the fastest and safest route, just put the milk down and backs away immediately after getting to every new area, then kill everyone and proceed, have in mind that the metro fight has a timer, so kill everyone be the end of it (two hit combo grab = dead enemy) there are only 4 of them inside it.
- Willpower is useless don't bother with it.
- Stamina, Energy and defense are you best bets in stats to raise first, after you get to a point where you are not dying three areas in, you can think about raising ATK and STR.
- The street with the first SPA is the best place in the beginning to get some stats, you start you characters all start like fucking shit, raise them to a competent level before trying something else, unless you're playing in 2+ people
- The best gang to farm money from at the start is the warlocks, they drop 5 silver coins each, just remember to defend and counter always, also, if they back away and jump in the air, just move out the way, their ranged attack has a very iffy hitbox and will hit you while you're defending 60% of the time.
- Every character has his own level and money, so you can't make it easier to level them if you leveled another char first, also, enemies get thougher as you progress in the story (even the ones on the starting areas, they get better AI too) so use the start of the game to see which character you like most and stick with it, if you like to change characters a lot then level everyone enough so you can buy every move for everyone from the first 2 dojos

Good shit, I'm on it. Glad there's a translation.

Give us a download for the pirated version or fuck off.

Ever since Kickass torrents got taken down I actually haven't pirated anything except for things off of the share threads, and I know that private trackers exist but all of the ones I've seen look shady as fuck and I don't trust them a single lick. I mean, personally I would love to give all my friends a download link because this game has LAN connectivity and because they're all poor as fuck.

Feels bad.

Kickass came back.
Y'arr.

Y'arr, mateys, this be the sweetest pot o' honey this side of PMITA prison!