What are some autistic life sim games? Examples would be stuff like Elona, Unreal World, Dwarf Fortress...

What are some autistic life sim games? Examples would be stuff like Elona, Unreal World, Dwarf Fortress, and Skyrim with a ton of mods. Ideally you control a single character and there's combat/a risk of death/harm.
Super ideally, you can have NPC buddies follow you around.

Pic tangentially related

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/warfare
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's called minecraft. It's incredibly autistic, you control a single character and there's combat and a risk of death/ harm. You can also tame NPC wolves and have them follow you around.

You're welcome OP

You could try Call of Chernobyl with ironman on (I'd also get STCoP and DoctorX's questline addon). Not exactly a simulator but it's good fun.

I'll check it out. Haven't played in ages. I remember stopping when the Millenaire mod stopped updating, since that was the main reason I enjoyed playing.

What about Clear Skies with the factions mod?

I was just shitposting about minecraft but if you actually want to play it. I've head good things about Terrafirmacraft which makes survival a lot more difficult. Haven't played it but I've heard good things and it might be comfy

Survival seems fun but I'm most interested in games that allow for lots of different interactions between the player and NPCs. Which is why I liked Millenaire so much, it had civilizations that would harvest resources and build new buildings, and you could even persuade them to go to war if they liked you enough.

Well CoC lets you take a squad around already and it has a Warfare mod that nobody understands does a lot of similar things to the factions mod.

Oooh I'll have to check that out then. Do you have a link to the warfare mod?

But none of those examples you gave are autistic life sims.
The only true life sim is My Summer Car. That's got some top-tier autism.

Oh I've heard of that. The automobile part seems super complicated, but I'd be willing to give it a try for sure.

Saints row 3

I remember playing that game a year ago, it was pretty fun. I just wish that the gangs took territory from each other and the player instead of just the player doing everything.

Go purge your machine of that tumblrshit, then invest in Dorf Fortress like your instincts are telling you.

I-it was just a meme image

Anyway I do want to keep playing dorf fort, but the upcoming new update has me trapped in a cycle of

Ah, well wait for that, and get some autismblocks. Whenever I have some time to kill/a weekend to lose I build a stone dick that shoots lava. Also spelunking.

I'll have to try that out then.

On another note, I've found two other games that kinda scratch my life sim itch, but they're early access. Kenshi and Man O' War: Corsair. They seem pretty fun but I dunno if I should support them.

New Vegas has hardcore mode which is just basic needs like sleep, water, food

kenshi is dead

I wish it had something like Skyrim's Radiant Spawn Engine mod as well, but the hardcore mode sounds fun enough by itself.

Fuck, really? That's disappointing.

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/warfare

Though again I think just rolling with DoctorX's questlines is more fun than warfare.

Thanks, and while I understand how you'd think that, I find that I get the most fun out of a game when I know that stuff is going on that I have no control over. Something like a faction war, for instance. Its great just knowing that somewhere, significant events are happening that don't require me to finish a quest in order to trigger.

Go for it then. You'll also need CoC and I'd suggest getting STCoP for weapons.

All right, will do that.

This, and when you get impossibly good at it, go play Aurora

Spore

i want to play that now
im sorry

Never forget.

IT'S CALLED FUCKING "CLEAR SKY" NOT CLEAR SKIES! IT'S THE NAME OF THE FACTION YOU SHIT-FOR-BRAINS!

I don't think he meant this but there is a CS mod called Clear Skies.

Starbound if you're willing to do autistic fetch quests and spend many hours collecting the stuff to make a bunch of specific builds to get particular NPCs you want to move in.

I've considered Starbound, but the NPC interactions just seem so basic. I'd be more willing to play it if your bases got invaded or there were defined factions that would fight each other like in Mount and Blade.

Yeah, Starbound is only a "maybe" for this kind of thing imo and I'm the guy who proposed it. You can interact with your NPCs in terraria but only 25 people

Dwarf Fortress adventure mode. Doesn't get much more autistic than singlehandedly killing an entire civilisation. Just become a werebeast so you can heal crippling injuries every full moon.

I can't remember that life sim that in which could die at age 0 from abortion. There was a thread on it about a year ago.

*in which you could

I've never played the game but I think you might mean real lives 2010. The educational one.

Kenshi is alive and well, though the development is a little slow, half of the new map has been released, just need to wait for the other half.

t. have 228 hours on Kenshi

Oh I play DF adventure mode a lot as well, but is happening.

Yep, I think that's it. Thanks.