Mother 4 Rebranded

nintendowire.com/news/2017/03/02/mother-4-fangame-rebrand-removing-mother-elements-development/

Mother 4 changed its name and removed all references to the rest of the series to avoid a DMCA threat that didn't actually exist.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/IcYOK#selection-1793.0-1799.40
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's going to be shit anyway

It was bound to happen because of Jewtendo. I guess they didn't want to get to a week away from release and be hit by a DMCA by kikes.

Holy shit they're fucking learning.

Shit dev
Attention faggot
Ignore like AM2R

All footage shown points to the contrary. I do wonder how Starmen.net is taking this though considering what a hive of autism the place is and M4's devs being Starmen.net trawlers themselves.

AM2R actually released before it was DMCA'd, though.

AM2R was never DMCA'd
It was a PR stunt.

Are you autistic? If not, please provide some proof to the contrary

Nah, shit's dead. Go fuck yourselves, faggots devs.

Any proof of that? I recall it going out with a whimper, not to mention being the first widely-known instance of a fangame getting DMCA'd. Unless Pokemon Prism or whatever it was called was a PR stunt too.

The DMCA form isn't congruent with the official template for DMCA's filed by nintendo.

Oh well that's good. It would have happened eventually and everyone would have been shocked for some fucking reason.

But now what will autists complain about?

Lying can only make you look worse on the internet user.

It's a shame they didn't do this to all the shitty Mario Rom hacks out there. It would haved Youtube from the faggotry Proton Jon caused with Super Mario TKO or whatever that sjw-goon faggot lp'd a while back.

It's a good thing. No only all mother games barely connect to each other, but also shit like REFERENCES don't make good game or continuity. Well all FF games have chocobos in them, so what, that doesn't mean shit.

This.

3 zelda threads at a time and mods doing nothing about that sure make random ass user look like a lying fuck huh?

This thing has been a project for how long now?

You know when we first moved here there was none of this pointless console war bullshit baiting.

Please fucking kill yourself you goddamn outsider.

You're the reason jews keep perpetuating the garbage that is copyright law. As long as they don't sell it, there shouldn't be an issue with fangames.

So, it's just gonna be like Citizen's of Earth then? Might as well have done that from the start.

On a way this is good, now the game has the chance of standing up on its own without the fangame stigma

Why don't you fucking screw a drill up your dickhole instead?
Fucking worthless 1st post shitposter, do you think you are clever?

I don't give two shits about copyright law m8. One thing is making better game than some shitty company ever did, another is making some autistic fanwank that has nothing to do with the original, but still slap original's name on top because autism.
I'd rather have indie devs making original content than trying to grab attention by making shitty sequels/remakes that have zero creative or entertainment value.

Why don't you kill yourself? Your opinions are not your own, you are just fishing for (You)s while actively throwing the quality of a board down the drain.

Nice going Holla Forums

Even nicer.

Oh, was the le epin spacing meme filtered out again?

You're trying way too hard to fit in here.

You are just furtherly proving my point while not directly aknowledging it by just making an ass out of yourself, nobody looks at your posts and thinks "wow, this guy makes some valid points", you just look like a shitposting moron.

its seems thats the case japan, fan games there seems to go much less shit then here

I see you're enjoying yourself here?

You looked at my post hard enough to be booty bothered though.

You could answer the question instead of continuing to sperg out about Reddit.

Citizens of Earth was kinda shit though.

Do you guys want new images of Mother 4/Mothra 4/Meme 4?

Also

Does it matter? They are both shit things to have happen to a project.

>Mother 4 changed its name and removed all references to the rest of the series to avoid a DMCA threat that didn't actually exist.

Are you sure you haven't been living in a box the last few years? Nintendo's lawyers need to waste a set amount of hours a year or else they lose bonus or some shit like that.

They throw DMCA's at children hospitals on 20+ year old hardware and shut down anything that even looks like it uses sound bytes from Mario games on jewtube.

Well for starters C&D letters are not legally binding and only retards listen to them. Secondly DMCA takedown notices, while sorta legally binding, can be filed by anybody, not legal representatives of a company.

A DMCA request has to be made for the threat to exist. There was no takedown notice since the game wasn't released yet.

This fucking sucks, although I'm not too sad since the devs said they weren't going to reference past games despite the whole allure of playing a "MOTHER 4" was exactly that.

No, if it did that shit it'd enter fanfic territory. You can't just have a cameo from Porky or Giygas for no reason, even if it fits the story. Not even the MOTHER games did that. If something appeared in multiple games, it had legitimate reason. Mother 4 wasn't intended to be a follow-up to any of the MOTHER games, in fact it's set before MOTHER 1 even happened. So it'd make next to no sense to put in more than a Mr. Saturn anyway.

Yes, the fact that I know more about the game than the general public. Coupled with the fact that it's set in the 1970's and I'm sure that's no secret.

Post proof, faggot.

Could they be trying to get it released on console digital distribution platforms and earn money from it? Or is it programmed in something like Game Maker where that isn't possible?

Sure thing.

It's in C# and they aren't going to be charging for it or putting it on consoles. It's only for computers.

Not good enough.

Will two screenshots do it?

How about you post some actual in-game dialog, menus, status screens?

They probably could eventually, but as of now, probably not, according to this.
archive.is/IcYOK#selection-1793.0-1799.40

You'd be better off just posting a webm whether or not you add sound is up to you.

I don't have any screenshots of that. I'm not in the team, I just have a few screenshots from a friend who is. This is the last image I have that the public hasn't seen. You either take this as proof and can ask me some questions or don't believe me.

Sit down and really think about what you're saying. If this is bait, well good job, because I cringed.

Welcome to neo-Holla Forums

Sprites and BGs look neato
Are you the same user who dropped an unreleased song a while back?

Wow, thank you, Mr. "I know more than the general public, but all I have is three screenshots from a friend who is"

You remember that? I am that user, in fact. I wish I could post more but I don't have any goodies like that this time. Last time I said I wouldn't comment on the storyline but this time I don't give a fuck anymore, I'll spoil what I know if people ask me.

What's the game actually about and who is the bad guy

Calling it. How much you want to bed he's going to change his mind and sell it now.

On a scale of NEVER EVER to Soon™, where's general progress?

>Nintendo property based free fan project gets taken down/modified due to the DMCA nigger
Kill yourself you brand loyal fucking nigger, don't try to use the rules in your favour when you don't even know shit about them
Top tier quality imageboard with free speech, sorry I hurt you and your retarded brand loyal fanbase which you protect personally you dumbass kike
Every legion of Steamcucks/Sonyggers/Nintentoddlers brand loyal cocksuckers is trash and your censorship bullshit won't stop me from calling them out what they are.
CALLING OUT THE DRONES OF A FANBASE IS NOT CONSOLE WARS
CALLING OUT A FANBASE IS NOT CONSOLE WARS

Nobody cares, fuck off.

pro tip nintendo can't dmca if you're not getting cash for it in any way.
Expect them to shit out a donation button soon(if they haven't already)

You cared enough to reply

Flibbity floo here's your (You)

Renee is the name of the "bad guy".

Basic summary from what I know would be that there are aliens. They aren't from Giygas's army or anything, though. The thing is, the US government is working with the aliens to keep everything in check. The government is getting mad that the aliens are sucking up Earth's "energy" with their fucked up beacon things (Seen in the attract mode video). It wasn't a part of the "deal" they had with the aliens. So Earth is being sucked dry of it's natural energy, which could fuck up the magnetic field or something like that, which could wipe out life on Earth if it happens. So the government gets more aggressive with the aliens, which causes the aliens to fuck with the minds of the top government officials (using radio waves), that's where the radio shit first started happening I guess, who knows. Renee is a greedy fuck and helps the aliens do what they want in exchange for cash, power, and immortality… PSI is now VOX, it's like a radio power. People are born with VOX power, and realize their power by how they start hearing radio waves from the aliens, coupled with the fact that if they concentrate they can tune a radio in their head to hear music anywhere anytime. Only "receivers" are the people with VOX powers that can be affected by these radio waves, because "transmitters" are the people who transmit the mind control signals to the government officials in the first place to mind control them. That's basically all I know about the story line. In the AMA, they said that Travis was a receiver, so I'm guessing he gets fucked up by the aliens and mind controlled at some point in the game, since it only makes sense.

I sincerely doubt they will charge cash for the game.

They are doing cutscenes and dialogue and making the world feel full of stuff. Basically all of the music, sound effects, enemy designs, and story are done and in their final form, aside from stuff they are changing for the rebranding. They don't have a new name yet.

Also, I forgot to mention, the images I posted will likely be in a blog update that is being posted soon, like before the end of this week. Also, there's going to be music released soon that won't be used because it was MOTHER compositions, like Pollyanna and Snowman, etc…

10/10 argument, mate.

It doesn't sound very original but the dialogue and characters will hopefully make up for it

I don't give a shit about your argument meme, i just say what i want.

Well, that's better progress than I was expecting. Thx user.
Shame about the Mother music that won't be used.
Hopefully it releases this year. IS WHAT I SAID TWO YEARS AGO

Like anyone really gives a shit about nintendo, sony or whatever.

Brand loyalty is something only ceos care about. People just want to discuss games here, and you psuedo racial slurs are a stupid pointless waste of fucking space.

low level "trolling" is a fucking nuisance. We left "I was just pretending to be retarded" on halfchan.

Baseless one liner posts are fucking stupid shitposts that should be eradicated. Say something of fucking value if you're going to post here or get the fuck out.

I can't say I was expecting a response like that

I hate to break it to you, but at the rate that the devs do shit, I'm expecting it to release near the start of next year. The artist I have connections to is always talking about how the composers and artists finish shit fast and then it takes a good chunk of time for the devs to add shit to the game.

Simple solution, just silently release a patch after release that alters the content to include MOTHER references.

Seems easy to me. How can the team do anything about "fans" making their own mods? *wink wink*

oh

Do you have brain damage OP?

Infinity was the deathbed of this fucking board.

Jesus Christ, you're fresh off the cuckchan boat aren't you?

Tying it down as a Nintendo fan game was holding them back. There is too many expectations that you can not deviate from. Now they are free to develop in any direction they choose and even expand on what they've created while still giving fans of those other games something they will enjoy.

By start of next year I mean like, around this time in 2018.
Another thing that pisses even me off is how only Pastel (lead guy) can make posts on the blog. The other team members write their own posts when they need to, but only he can actually post their shit. And he doesn't like doing that frequently for some reason.

Can you really not think of a single way the creator could benefit from that? Here I'll list a few.

Internet sympathy points (attention).
Easier way of getting his name out there if he ever wants to go legit/join a real company.
Spreading bad will of the original company.

No one is praising nintendo for DMCA, people are praising the devs for not being idiots and changing their shit so they don't get dmca'd because that shit is an inevitable fact of life because lawyers need to get paid.

But your reading comprehension is so fucking shit that you cant divine that simple fucking information from the above text. Kill. Yourself.

You are not very bright, are you? It feels like you were reading a different post from the one i was.

See

Am I missing the subtle meanings on these posts?
You truly are a genius of abstraction and/or psychology

Oh those aren't nintendofags. Those are just your regular garden variety fags.

I auto ignore posts like that because they are also one liner nothing shitposts that contribute nothing to the thread.

The difference between them and you, is that in some feeble way you are actually thinking, and I thank you for that.

OP, you're lucky I care enough to be baited to give clicks in the first place.

It's kind of ironic. I hear all about legal trouble when people make fan-translations or fan-sequels or fan-remakes, but I don't think anyone ever really had the balls to straight up use the next number like "4" in their fan-game like it's the real sequel, which really rustled my jimmies about the game, no matter how nice it looked. The fact that they're pulling out of that before even getting hit assuming they're just not allowed to say that they've been hit already proves how tense they were for using it as the title in the first place.

You literally have nothing to argue for, you're the one being the autistic fuck here.

Everything you posted.
Holy shit, you reek of reddit. You STENCH of it.
You're not from around here are you? At the very least you'd be a halfchan newbie.

Really can't blame them for removing it.

Undertale 2.

More like faggot smells the Undertale shekels and rebrands his shit so he can sell it tbh

The reason they called it Mother 4 was Itoi himself said he wasn't making any new Mother game and if fans wanted a new one, they should make one themselves.

I doubt they were being arrogant.

I would have believed you if we were still living in 2010, but a lot has changes since then.

explain

A lot of reviewers people who wanted to seem cool kept referring to Undertale as being "like earthbound". If they take away all of the Mother/Earthbound branding, it's no longer a Mother fangame, but a game that is also "like earthbound" that they can sell because they have all of the rights to now.

Oh. Well fuck, I didn't know that everything that played like Earthbound is just Undertale.
and I thought this shit was going to be free.

It could still very well be free, but it's kind of odd that they were public about this for so long, had no trouble with Nintendo, and only just now decided to change the name/remove identifiable Mother characters.

Taking a huge crap into the thread like you did is not giving clicks for OP.

Pretty odd indeed. Makes you wonder if they are still doing it for free or not. The reviewer who made the Undertale-Earthbound connections are dipshits.

Look who finally showed up

There. Just solved 99% of all fan game issues.

God I love that manga

Oh no, I was happy that Mother 3 had stayed away from the hipsters for so long.

It's great, isn't it?

As I understand it, Mr. Saturns were going to be around and there were to be a bunch of musical references, and that was pretty much the extent they were going to go, as to not step too hard on the toes of the rest of the series.

WELL FUCK

Well, it's not like they are gonna take longer than they already have, just one million years more at most

see, was that so hard to figure out?

Good. I wish more indie devs making fangames would realize that they're being lazy and unoriginal. They're doing all that fucking work on the code, art, writing, and everything else, and they decide to shoot themselves in the foot by using somebody else's IP instead of just going the extra step to make their own story.

That's still illegal being a romhack. You can't use somebody's code without their permission. Romhacks are fine the way they are, given that it's just somebody fucking with a game for fun.

Nah, I'm just slightly pissed that the devs decided after all that time and hype and whatnot to completely shit on their audience the way they did. I don't want to play just any "quirky" pixel indie shit game, I wanted to play the "quirky" pixel indie shit game that was supposed to be the next in the series that inspired "quirky" pixel indie shit games.

Hey guys i'm fluent in PR bullshit, allow me to translate

that's it, they were never going to get a C&D for a game that used entirely original assets. The reason AM2R got fucko'd was because they were using copy-written assets from metroid. Assuming these mongoloids didn't rip assets or music then they had absolutely nothing to worry about. They didn't need to change psi to vox, it's not fucking coyp-written. Even the name MOTHER 4 isn't under copywrite, the logo maybe but you'd have to directly rip it to get fucked.

I sincerely doubt there was any issue, they probably just created this "problem" to make it look like they were busy when in fact they aren't even near completion even though they said it was going to be release 3 fucking years ago. Maybe i'm just a cynical asshole or an entitled baby but when you put a release date on something you better fucking deliver or you better have a damn good excuse. After the 3rd release date came and went I gave up on them. If your game isn't fucking done then don't put a release date on it, this is development 101, your planned release date isn't the FINAL one and you should never publish that date.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time I see it I think it's John Flynn (Briann Wu) on a bunch of steriod or something because their face is so fucking fat. Is that what it is or are there a hole punch of people that look like world of tank's John Wu?

I mean John Flynn's (Brianna Wu) husband John Wu.
Fucking hell these SSRIs fuck up my focus so bad I can barely read or typle.

On the one hand it's upsetting to hear since they went this far without any mention of legal takedowns, but on the other it might end up being better now that it has no limits or restrictions of being within the Mother universe

I hope they release all the Mother-related assets they had though, preferably close to or after the game releases fully

Why are there almost never any good Porky fanart?

C-C-C-CUCKS

Now it's just a shitty indie game.

It has more effort put into it than most indie games.

Maybe, but now they've burned years of work and asset creation by multiple teams. The game they made will always be associated with this backdown, because they were too afraid to face down a C&D.
The only reason they're likely doing this is to ensure that they can charge money for it.

Now this is the part where the nintendo fans slowly stop caring until the time of it's release when it gets downloaded but around 100 people actually beat the game. It will be fun to see how long they can ride the "It's mother but…" coattails? It can't be much longer than lisa. :^)

Are you 13?

Are you willfully ignoring the valid points I made to make a snarky comeback?
Indie games will be indie games, and this one just lost all it had to differentiate it from the pack. Now it's just more shit on the pile.

What points and how are they valid. All you's done was post hearsay and diatribe.

Fuck I feel old
Glad there still doing shit like The Fat Albert Kah wanza special though

Artist is solopipB. Doujin name is Master Recruitment.

It was total shit, not just kinda. The 3DS version crashed every 10 minutes, it was ugly and sounded like shit and was straight up retarded in a not interesting way.

well thats okay, in some ways the idea of something 'new' is more exciting.

literally what does this change, it's going to be the same fucking game.

If this ends up like the Wonder Boy / Adventure Island situation then I don't see how this will be a problem.

Because half the people who talk about Earthbound have never played the game and just know it as "le hippie quirky rpg"

Itoi should be mad

That's great and all but could they please just FINISH the fucking game already? I've been waiting so long for it. If they happen to make a better game than Mother 3 good fucking luck then I will shit my pants.

Unless you mean he should be mad they try to rebrand it, no.

This matters why? No one cares about shitty self insert trying to con the fuck out of earthbound fans.

For fuck sake I could make a far better Mother 4 that I'm positive I can get Itoi to recognize, and I'm crazy enough to do it one man action plan.

I swear, half the anons shitposting Mother 4 threads are stuck in 2012.

Shut up, you don't.

So is it going to be called daddy now?

They said they won't go for anything obvious like Father or ____Bound

PlanetDad?

how many Jews you reckon there are in japan relative to the USA?

It's good, man. I try to avoid SSRIs since I already have hypertension and had anemia recently.

Mother 3 is a good end to the series and I think it gave it justice. Going into sequels would get it into MGS territory and we all know how that turned out. I don't mind this. I'm satisfied with the third game.

The game hasn't been a self insert since 2009. They kicked the dude that was doing that shit off the team all the way back then.

The original author of the subject has been working on his own rebrand in secret for a long time already.

Game not subject.

With the renaming of PSI, I bet it'll be called something like Vox Populi

They don't have a name yet, but it will probably have something to do with radio terms.

Source to the manga?

Jesus fucking christ I haven't seen this much corporate dick sucking since the announcement of the PS4.

Why did the quality of Holla Forums see a noticeable drop in the past few months? I'm seeing threads where people are shitting on New Vegas and Vampire Masquerade now. What happened?

Someone else already mentioned the title in this very thread so start reading, but for fuck's sake nigger the title is in the fucking image.

I wanna test the filter.

Reddit spacing. Redditspacing.

i think you need a maymay errow

This.
But you're not really going to accomplish anything while we have a disowned jew for a board owner.

can't wait for lewds

Exactly this. Companies have to fight to protect their copyright, they'll lose it if they don't fight for it. The laws are completely out of control about how they were originally intended to be.

I hope they call it Father.

Aren't they going to have to redo the entire soundtrack now? It samples the Mother 2 soundtrack a lot

If it wasn't a blatant copy like how earthbound sounded very similar to beatles music, they might be able to get away with it.

==THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR RAN OFF WITH THE ORIGINAL STORY AND IS ALREADY REBRANDING. LOOK AT ZEPHYS' TWITTER. THE MOTHER 4 REBRAND IS UNRELATED TO THE GAME ANNOUNCED ON STARMEN.

WE'RE GETTING TWO REBRANDS==

Oh so nothing important to the game. Good to know.
Well obviously removing all references to previous completely not related game series isn't a problem.

You mean that faggot, Chase? If it's him, I don't really care, since whatever story centered around a literal self-insert couldn't have been good.

I wanna try out that streets of rage remake.
But from what I looked up, the people behind it got told to stop with no download link on their website.

It's the dude that had Chase removed from the team.

There you go Holla Forums

They stopped called it mother 4.

Happy?

Probably, but like mentions if it isn't directly using melodies then it's fine. Instrumentation being directly lifted from the game (ie the SNES' in-game synthesized instruments) is also fine when used in a tracker program or other music maker like FL Studio.

I'm confused, clarify what's going on.

Those shitposters probably don't even remember they were crying about muh Itoi disrespect at one point.

Anons here finally grew up, that's all.

I'm a hopeless mother fan so I've been lurking their shit.

Tl:dr Chase announced a shitty fangame and the dude he hired to help him with the story took over the project. Then out of nowhere the team introduced another new project lead, along with graphical redesigns and statements like "the story was way too long so we cut it down".

I don't know what actually happened but Zephys the writer guy reskinned his Twitter shortly after. My theory is that he realized the whole team was cucked and decided to make his own vidya with the old story. His twatter says he's working on something but doesn't say what.

Most of it (Earthbound) sounds like japanese rock music by Keiichi Suzuki from The Moonriders who was heavily involved with the soundtrack of the game, his music was in turn heavily influenced by bands like the Beatles. If any song was too strikingly similar to a Beatles song then int was obviously intentional since M1&2 have countless references to 20th century western culture like the distorted sample of the Monty Python intro during the character naming screen, so its not really copying as it is a homage because that kind of stuff was what Itoi grew up with. Hope that clears things up.

Wait, Mark filtered
?
I think the redditspacing thing is a little stupid, given the size of the quick reply box and reply box on phones but a filter's even more fucking stupid.

I'm gonna try it out.

Wow, Mark's such a fag.

I remember back on cuckchan faggots defending these retards and it's great to see this shit bite them in the ass

Fixed. Calling it MOTHER 4 was always fucking arrogant and autistic, like Mother fans themselves.

3/10, made me reply.

testing
Reddit Spacing
redditspacing

lol mothercucks

GOD-FUCKING-DAMN IT, MARK, YOU CAKE-EATING JEW

normalfag
normalfag

normalfag

normalfag

(you) wouldn't have just come from cuckchan recently, per chance?

I've been saying they should do this for years. The game contains all original characters, artwork, and music. It's stupid for them to risk getting shut down just over the hubris of "we want to make a real Mother game".

The problem is that they don't really have any risk of being shut down. The only things truly lifted from Nintendo properties are a few melodies, recurring characters like the Mr. Saturns, and the IP/name, everything else being totally original. If they actually did do it sheerly to avoid getting a C&D, they're smoking crack and wearing a tin-foil hat.

user, Nintendo didn't C&D AM2R because it used a lot of assets from them, they did it because it was competition for Federation Force and thought it would hurt sales.
Nintendo's stuck in the past and are the corporate embodiment of Tall Poppy syndrome

Notice I said 4 years ago. I remember these cucks shilling their unoriginal fangame on cuckchan and calling them on their shit.

Nigger that's more than enough shit to get Nintendo's lawyers knocking on their door. The fact that had the fucking IP put them in danger enough.

Their insistance on treating it like an official entry in the series always rubbed me the wrong way anyway. I'm glad it's being rebranded as it's own thing, even if there's no threat.

Why are you cucks downboating the thread? Is actually arguing about shit hard?

Why are you so stupid?

not an argument

I have it. It's pretty good.

But all people play here now is weeb shit. How is that "grown up"?
Unless you mean they all left.

Holy shit, did you just get off the boat?