Camelot ehehehehe

Let's talk about games by Camelot

When are they going to make something other than a Mario sports title again?

Starting Shining Force III, what should I know?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/454410/
store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/341870/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Never.

WHO HYPED FOR MARIO HORSE RIDING NEXT WEEK!?!?

Their sports games aren't even fun anymore since they killed RPG mode.

Mario Tennis for the GBA is the tightest shit, i deeply regret selling my cartridge.

Hopefully never.

When Nintendo eats you I don't think you have to do anything until they want you to do something to sell hardware. Camelot will make a sports game for the Switch while Monolith makes 2 JRPGs then Nintendo themselves will produce the next console which will make the process repeat itself.

Never ever.
And that's sad. Very sad.

How do I save in Shining Force 3?

Shining the Holy Ark is their magnum opus. Golden Sun is overrated by Nintendildos.

OK, it's save point based not save anywhere.

I got stuck in an NPC trying to find the priest and have to watch the intro again.

Nope.

wew

fire emblem went casual too.

a Waluigi game

SF3 isn't that great, tbh. It's fun, but it's not as good as SF2. Maybe I'm just biased because the animations feel like they take forever.

I mean, it's a great game, don't get me wrong. But Golden Sun just has a little more polish and is a nice JRPG swan song for Camelot before they exclusively made sports games and ruined everything with Dark Dawn.

I am unironically excited for this, Camelot sports games are my favorite Mario Sports games. Also don't remember any horse riding games really and my family has horses so it's neat.

Are you playing on original hardware or emulating?

Think of it as giving some other user the chance to enjoy the game.

Emulating. Going to suffer the missing graphics in Mednafen because SSF is hell to work with.

How well does it work, aside from the graphical issues you noted? Fullspeed emulation? I ran it in Yabause of all fucking things recently and I was shocked that only the sound seemed to be off. I had it working in SSF a while ago but I can't be arsed to get it back up and running. I know it's not actually hard mounting isos and running it but Yabause was so much simpler and FOSS so it's easily accessible to me.

Also you can just use savestates, can't you?

No idea, but the emulation general told me it's missing some battle effects.

Mednafen doesn't support savestates, tells me they aren't support when I try (not sure if it's the system or game based on the error's wording)

Probably a Saturn core bug, it's not the most mature core in Mednafen.

The title theme to Golden Sun is probably going to make me feel, just remembering it makes me happy. Motoi Sakuraba did pretty well with the GBA's sound chip.

Fuck, I want to replay Golden Sun. There's so many games available to me, why can't I get motivated to play them?

Broken Seal really doesn't hold up to be honest. Replayed it last year and

The Lost Age holds up pretty well though.

Now that's the only one I don't remember a lot of. I know it's far more westernized than being a literal translation or otherwise, but I don't remember it being bad. I do remember there being a lot of text and not being bothered by it the first time because I was really interested in the lore and set up.

Also just started SF3 in Yabause again, looks pretty good and sound doesn't seem messed up with a real BIOS.

Golden sun is overrated

and this is coming from a person who enjoyed Golden Sun and Golden Sun: the lost age

i enjoyed the series thoroughly but they need to really work on proper writing and elaborate on their gameplay

It's something that's apparent when comparing the scripts, not when playing the English version on its own

On that last bit, one of the Treehouse SJWs said it was his first game (forget which one. Would remember the name if I saw it.) and the text had to be divided up because there was so much. That would go a long way to explaining how inconsistent it is and some of the basic mistakes.

By contrast TLA for the most part just loses some detail in the writing and continues Broken Seal's changes for consistency (not a good translation, but acceptable)

I was following you and was like "Well, that's not optimal but at least the main point sticks" but what.

Jesus Christ, why does everything they touch have to be a fucking mess?

Unfortunately, the writing probably won't get any better if DD was anything to go by. The gameplay was slightly improved to make you want to use physical strikes more to power up weapons you already had. Otherwise I got to the end of DD at like level 49 or something and almost beat the boss. I realized I was underleveled when I beat a random encounter and gained a level almost every time. That game was just too easy unless you started running from fights and then the boss fights became a decent challenge of item and PP management and knowing when to set your djinni.

I should say it's also stylistically inconsistent (how is ___ translated) and misses some basic techniques for maintaining speaking styles ect.

For what it's worth, The Wise One being suddenly called a Philosopher's stone in Dark Dawn is a translation issue, but one well beyond the fault of the translators. The Wise One's (who remember, is a stone.) Japanese name is a pun on the Japanese name of the Philosopher's stone. The Wise One is actually a pretty good way to maintain the feel of calling something "Wiseman" without being as ackward to English natives otherwise (another point in the translation being inconsistent in quality).

When did you niggers become so casual?

Probably never. Shigeru has them locked in the dungeon along with pic related.

Yeah golden sun is shounen trash.

Is there something wrong with you?

The wiki says SSF only works with shit tier mounting software.

Didn't GameFreak release a non-Pokemon title for the DS or mobile or something fairly recently like a couple years ago? Either way, GF has had less influence on the Pokemon Franchise after The Pokemon Company /Creatures Inc. branched out and took over so they surely must have more to do than design lead titles nowadays.

you mean this? store.steampowered.com/app/454410/

Yes that one, damn I forgot they actually released the game for Steam of all things. Seems like Nintendos leash on GameFreak might be a lot longer than it seems

Yeah, having a proper terminology/speech style set goes a long way for consistency if you're having to split up the script (instead of just having one or two people work together on it). I have to wonder if that issue was what happened with Suikoden II, where if memory serves, the English version couldn't seem to decide how it canonically wanted to spell the name of Jowy, or whatever.

Also this one.
store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/341870/

I just want Gamefreak to retire so Atlus & Genius Sonority can make the final game in the Orre trilogy
Or Namco & GS, doesn't matter
I want Gamefreak to make these weird games, maybe stretch their creative muscles and help with Metroid, Harmoknight or F-Zero, or something not pokemon

Never. Shining force is run by a thin skinned Jap who thinks the west is out to troll him and Golden Sun died after Dark Dawn.

No, it's pretty much Mario Tennis and Mario Golf from here on out, MAYBE a golf game that doesn't have mario on it, if you're lucky, but that's about it.

Reminder that Camelot only did the Tennis and Golf parts of the game, everything else is Bamco.

Better question: When are we going to get another Mario Sports game with a fucking amazing RPG mode like Mario Tennis on gbc and Mario Golf on gba?

They hate making anything other than sports games. The newest GS was obviously a big fuck you.

That's patently false. If you can mount the iso in a virtual drive, SSF will be able to see that drive. SSF just doesn't have good scaling so it preserves muh jaggies. I also believe that SSF has some input lag if you use a controller and the developer knows about that bug and refuses to fix it.

My dreams have been shattered. Thanks.

It also says Alcohol 120% is the best mounting software, which you can torrent in 5 minutes. If you can't do that then stop using a computer.

Should I start the shining force games, Are they finished? Better said, do they finish on a better fashion than golden sun's?

SF3 was an epic. If you played through it all you would see it that way too. It brought everything to the table and we above and beyond every tactics game but FEIV and Berwick Saga.

Shining Force 1 had one of the best 16Bit Soundtracks of all time.

when was the last time they added Waluigi's laugh when doing a presentation?

If mounting images is too much for you, just burn the games to a CD-R(at a speed no higher than 16) and then boot the disk in SSF like it's a regular console. That's all you have to do.

Sakuraba did his best work on Genisis, I don't know why people say the PS2 games he did were the best.

Back in the day I liked both Golden Suns enough to explore every nook and cranny and to collect every Djinn or neat item. I even linked GBAs to transfer my data to Lost Age.
1. Is Dark Dawn worth playing?
2. If not are any other Camelot games worth playing?
3. What happened after that cliffhanger ending in Lost Age?

Already played Shining Force III btw.

No.
What cliffhanger? They returned home despite Mt. Aleph destroying their village and leaving everyone there homeless.

Dark Dawn tries to go with a "second generation" gimmick, and threw in a major plot device, but forgot all about it until the end of the game.

Dark Dawn is better than the first game, but nowhere near the second, provided you keep a list of the points of no return.

The one where Alex is on top of the mountain that falls into the earth.
Why say that line if they weren't hinting at future plotlines where Alex is involved?

What you confused about, bitch?

Giga Wrecker is coming to Xbone later in the year in early access and then PS4 when it's finished as well. No mention of Switch version.

Gamefreak aren't really getting along with Nintendo these days. There was a rumor around the time Tembo came out that they were rattling sabers with Nintendo and dropped the Wii U version just to show they have negotiating power and can ship without them. While Nintendo was preparing Intelligent Systems to take over the full Pokemon series if relations totally broke down and Sun/Moon was the final Pokemon Gamefreak wanted to do. Gamefreak seem like they just want to be a more independent developer now and don't want to be a Pokemon factory which is why they are putting out all these experimental and small games.

As for Camelot. They burned their bridges with Sony and Sega hardcore back in the day (Sony tried to jew them hardcore on Everybody's Golf regarding patents Camelot made for the Swing/aftertouch system and Camelot jumped ship immediately) and don't want to ship on any console other than Nintendo. Which is why they have stayed Nintendo only. Which also means Nintendo just has them make the same old sports games. They made their bed.

kek what? I thought the series just became borderline ecchi/waifubait like nu-emblem did.

I've always used Daemon Tools with SSF maybe user considers that "shit-tier", but it's easy to use and works great for me.

Play enough games with Sakuraba OST's and all of his post PS2 stuff starts to blend together and just sound like variations of the same song over and over again.

Is Tembo any good? Is it worth playing?

Here's my upload folder if anyone is interested. It has all parts of shining force 3 patched in english along with shining the holy ark and shining wisdom.Also some other saturn games including panzer dragoon saga

https: //mega.nz/#F!OYNiyJaR!ZDsO3ShqIMK5qTdra7ywrQ

Out of curiosity, what does that "premium disc" for Shining Force 3 do?

The premium disc was given away for free (only in Japan) if you bought all 3 scenarios of shining force 3.You sent away for the disc with the code you got with each game.

It's basically a fan disc that features extra dungeons with bosses from previous shining games -you use your characters from your save data to fight them. It also has some videos, music test and other stuff.

Oh, so it's basically bonus materials of a sort, kind of like how .hack//G.U. had the Terminal Disc?

yeah, it's a similar type of thing, I think (not finished hack//G.U yet)
.It would be nice to see companies do more things like this, but nowadays they'd just sell it as DLC.

THIS
Fuck, I'd like a new Tennis RPG for the 3DS

Holy shit thanks user, I only knew about the youtube takedowns hadn't heard the full story. Fucking hilarious and sad.

They hate the shit out of Camelot? Is it because they kindly created and designed Mario characters around the late 90s?

Not entirely sure what the Drama is, but if you mount the SF3 Games and look through the files, you'll come across a diary of sorts called ABSTRACT.txt. Supposedly in the later parts and the premium disc, it features a camelot employee bitching about how SEGA dumped their ass for the dreamcast so they had to finish up the games themselves.

Like the tetris 64 guy? Something similar happened to Treasure and later they developed a Wario game during the GCN era..

Kinda, only immediately after the last SF3 game shipped they went straight to nintendo. Clearly that must have been the last straw, apparently they were never all that chummy in the past either, SEGA apparently kept giving them the absolute bare minimum for budget even when they were making Shining Force 2 and if they couldn't make it work, they'd be shitcanned.

And moreover, camelot was testing the waters years before they moved to nintendo, for example slightly before SF3 they made the first Hotshots Golf for example.

Ever took the horse cock?

Stick to wincdemu. It's free, open source, has no bloat and works better than anything else.

hit me right in the nostalgia.

I might be wrong (I haven't had that much experience with Sega's stuff, to be honest), but I think the series changed hands after Camelot left to do their own thing, and the guy currently in charge thinks the "SOS campaign" to have been a motion from westerners of "this series sucks now" and took it as an insult, rather than "we just want the games we didn't get brought west."

Yeah, or they'd just leave it to video uploads if you meant it has "making of" sort of things. Proper internet connection in consoles and handhelds did more damage that it did improving things, if you ask me.