Was this the last good Tales of game?

Was this the last good Tales of game?

No, and it wasn't even the best.

That would be Graces F

You mean it?

Probably the last anons can actually agree on, for the most part. As far as the entries after it, I've enjoyed Graces f and both Xillia games myself for what they're worth, but people are more than a bit divided on those. Wish Namco had kept 8-4 on a tighter leash with Hearts R; it's like they just didn't give a fuck about ensuring that a portable game they didn't want to bring over anyhow would get a good translation.

Reminder that the extended PS3 version of Vesperia has a complete fan-translation patch for those with a CFW system.

Says the guy that called both it and Abyss "meme games" in a prior thread.

Berseria is pretty good too.

They are meme games. Just as Symphonia is as well. Do note that doesn't necessarily impart any judgment on them. Though it should, since they committed the grave sin of not being as good as Graces.

Tales of the Arabian Nights from '96

He's been trying to shill some idea that Graces f is absolutely perfect to the point any complaints to be had with it should not be tolerated in pretty much any Tales thread for a while now. The combat is indeed fun (as well as rewarding those that play well) and the skits in it are definitely entertaining, but the plot writing itself was pretty mediocre, even by Tales' standards, and Asbel and Cheria are really boring as main boy and girl (I personally found Malik and Pascal to be the most enjoyable).

Again, Graces f isn't bad, but the writing itself drags the game down somewhat. I've honestly been left wondering if they had a guest writer or something for the game.

You remind me of the faggot that used to go "Suikoden I and II being good is just a meme" pretty much anytime either got brought up in a positive light.

I only played Abyss and Tear is best girl.
What else would you recommend and in which order?

You're sounding mighty triggered there, friendo.

Symphonia is a meme game. It's brought up in literally every single thread as "babbies first". Abyss is a meme game. It's brought up in literally every single thread as "a good Tales game with a more compelling story, love it or hate it yada yada." Vesperia is a meme game. It's brought up in literally every single thread as "the best (subjectively) Tales." They are meme games. If some garbage is flying by the thread and lets that descriptor alone turn them off playing them without even giving it an iota of thought, then I'm confident in saying there's no real loss to the community.

Also, eat shit. If you're lowering your evaluation of Graces because 'the story is bad', then you're a fucking dumbass. Every Tales game, with perhaps the sole exception of Abyss, has a dogshit story. You don't play them for the story. You play them for characters, skits, combat, gimmick system, etc etc. All of which Graces flies heads and shoulders above the competition with.

Graces is the best.

You're all wrong.
Best Tales game is none of them because they're all equally shit.

Prove me wrong.

Are you saying Tales Of Berseria wasn't good?

Anyone thinks tales has too much customization? And too many skills? It's a bit overwhelming.

they need to pad it out with something to not be called the simple jrpgs they are

Berseria was excellent in every topic except one thing. The levels and world in general were very big and it was a hassle to go through in comparison to Symphonia/Abyss/Vesperia and even Xillia, who had normal sized dungeons. I fucking hate what Zestiria has done to the series. Zestiria has been anything but good and nothing should be copied from that abomination.

Berseria has excellent combat, a deconstructive story, a nice MC, a nice party. Bienfu was shoehorned in but still fine. The problem is every single fucking dungeon is an empty room a la dragon quest 8 with sprinkled enemies. I'm glad they added the Geoboard. That's probably people that didn't work on Zestiria saying "this will fix this retardation". Even then the Geoboard should be faster.

Berseria was better than Graces f and i probably enjoyed it more than Xillia due to a more compelling story and more fluid gameplay, but it doesn't reach the level of good as Symphonia/Abyss/Vesperia and the three Team Symphonia Tales games

Berseria shits all over Graces f in everything but dungeons and maps. And that's just because Berseria really tried to copy Zestiria's giant empty world bullshit.

Although I must admit I enjoyed the combat being EXACTLY where you are standing was a nice little thing in Berseria. If you're in a hallway you can bottleneck, and if theres a ramp you can go above it. That was cool.

ye

That's pretty good man. I'll give it a solid 6/10. Maybe add in a few references to how it's even better than Vesperia to hit a wider base and it'll easily be a solid 8 or 9.

of all the shit games this franchise has. graces is the worst

Graces F had the best gameplay and combat system. This makes it the best by default.

I still have my copy laying around, what i remember about this game is that it was one of the first P2W console games since you could buy in-game currency and items with real money as DLC. Never finished it tho.

Ever heard of Tales of the Tempest? Proof that even if it's a shit series, they have a game so shitty that they had to call it a "side-game" to keep it from shitting up the rest of the franchise.

menwhile graces is main line title a main title and its shit and sold poorly. the direction the frranchise went after graces was reasons xillia games were shit, zestiria was shit and berseria is alright. and is damaging the franchise's image.
you just like shit, mate. stop comparing a early DS title to a full blown wii game that got ported PS3 (because it floped on wii). since graces they started caring less about the game and more about fujoshit and the fujo bait festival

No it's team Symphonia garbage, play a real Tales game.

Geez, you sure you got all of that pent-up frustration out with that? Will you need to yell some more?

He's talking about Tempest.

My bad.

it's a few more than one to me. Terrible and bland dungeons and World( nothing will really catch your eye like in Xenoblade), Combat is far too easy, the OST is mediocre at best(There is not ONE great song in it), but the worst thing to me is the Shota shit that i didn't care at first since it was like a Brother/Sister thing, but damn it gets a lot worse by the end, especially after you learn more about the Shota, frankly it's quite a shame since he is a excellent character, it's not over the top but it did bother me a lot.

Are you frustrated?