BERSERK

What do you think of Berserk for PS4, Holla Forums? I think they did a fucking perfect job.

Other urls found in this thread:

igg-games.com/berserk-and-the-band-of-the-hawk-free-download.html
thepiratebay.org/torrent/17164164/BERSERK_and_the_Band_of_the_Hawk-HI2U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's pretty fun, probably one of the only reasons to get a PS4

I love how they squeezed the anime in the cutscenes.

Fuck, you can feel the power of dragonslayer when Guts transitions from a simple longsword to that fucking hunk of iron though

It's a piece of shit with less content than the first musou game.

It's not even the best KT game on the PS4

Fuck I had so much hope for this game. 8 fucking character, 9 if you count Berserk armor as a different character and even that isn't that special.

Wheres Farnese, wheres Skull Knight, Where's Isidro. Fuck, why not have fucking Puck playable as a joke character.

It's pretty fucking obvious that the game follows the same development as all of their franchise development games. The first one is shit, but if it succeeds or sells enough, the sequel will probably be amazing and way more flushed out.

I love musou games, and I'm enjoying this game, but it clearly fucking bare bones and leaves a lot to be desired.

ha ha

It's the same thing they did with Arslan, more focused on story than the gameplay or characters.

Movies. Not the current anime series. The current series is dog shit.

It was the same with Gundam Musou, One Piece Musou, and Fist of the North Star too.

Hell in Gundam we were forced back to using a maximum of 4 normal attacks and 3 charges. By that point 6 hit combos and 5 charges were extremely common

haha

Nah man they're just sticking to the formula, all other Berserk media except the manga is trash, except the dreamcast game…

Well, if we're talking formula, it would be their musou formula:

Here's your fucking (you).

Holla Forums truly houses some of the worst thrash of this planet

I'm inclined to agree. As far as Musou games go, this is one of the weakest musous I've ever played. No fun to be had honestly, I was pretty disappointed with it. I'm just gonna pick back up where I left off in the manga.

And it sucks too. Doesn't that just beat all?

I would play a Precure musou only for the fact that some of my favorite artist are obsessed with Precure so I end up fapping to them anyway even though I have never watched the show.

Just give up, the manga will never be completed and we already know the ending anyway

It is considered good only because most of you kiddies were introduced to berserk through it to begin with.
It's super standard 90s toned down manga adaptation that doesn't do anything special or outstanding, while censoring most brutal/explicit shit just like the rest of them.
So yeah, compared to manga it's based on it's pretty bad.

New Kuroyuki Precure harem comic when?

And with that attitude you never will. It's only 600+ episodes fam.

This sounds edgy as fuck

You do know the first musou was a 1v1 fighting game?

He clearly means shinsangoku musou series.
Dynasty Warriors 1 was sangoku musou, i.e. not really the same series.

And yes DW1 had 10 characters and 6 bosses.
So his point still stands.

CURE BLACK FIRST AND BEST CURE

Most anime shows tone down the manga one way for another.
Your argument that the anime is bad because it isn't as explicit as the manga is as retarded as saying paintings of landscapes suck ass because photographs are more accurate.

I won't accept that. I refuse.

Cure Black might be a goofy yet cute and lovable girl who does her best, but Cure White is love.

We can't agree, but we can still be friends.

(checked)
The kind of people who have polar opposite beliefs can sometimes make the best of friends. It's all good as long as we strengthen our bond by marble screwing together.

Except in berserk nudity and gore is an essential part of characterization and world building.
The fact that
doesn't make it any more acceptable. I bet you're fine with censorship in games too, since that's what most companies are doing.

I still like it and don't really care if it flusters your fanny.

It's pretty good, if you are new to musou games. Which otherwise, are a lifeless genre for autistic weebs. Muh hundreds of non reactive npcs to mow down, kek.

Just be aware there's a vast disparity in presentation between the 2 halves of the game. They just didn't have anime cutscenes to rip off, in the 2nd half of the story, and that makes the later parts of the game feel more rushed and low cost.

Buy it with a discount and then pirate the inevitably better version that's bound to be released in 2 years.

You weren't even born when the 90s adaptation came out. Don't try acting like a purist when all you do is imitating another generation, for whom Berserk actually mattered. No one cares about what the neighbour's kid thinks.

Japan TV is stricter with violence and laxer with sex, compared to the West. The censorship is present, but not game-breaking. It limits the extent of what can be shown: while the censors of our time seek to do more, as in changing the story itself or stopping the product being sold.

Hello Mr. Marketer

Cry more, bitch nigger.

Basically what happened with Hokuto Musou, right? Except I remember HM1 being pretty decent.

kill yourself

Thats not what happened there at all

Wanting a musou of a franchise you like will only bring you pain

>>>/NeoFag/
>>>/cuckchan/

Are you shitting me? The grasses do nothing.
Everything is wong. Look at this shit.

that seems a little retarded
KT has laughable cut-scenes in their musous

i was looking forward to this, but all the gameplay footage i've seen looks stale as fuck.

please convince me otherwise.

looks like a stripped down dynasty warriors game like dragon quest heroes. except with even less content. and i couldnt even make it through dqh…

Holy shit, this fucking board

How much does being a shill pay? The thing that makes it really obvious besides the fact that you don't participate in the thread is that I own this game on PC and there is no reason to single out the PS4 version unless you don't want pirates :^)

Excuse me, I forgot to sage.

do you know how sage works?

I hope the manga just dies out. I don't want to see the shitty conclusion.

Do you?

user all sage does is make your post not add to the bump count
really its meant for off-topic posts like this

I know, which is why it wouldn't hurt just including an extra post if I saged it.
You, on the other hand…

This really says it all.

It'll never happen now that the new cure's don't even punch and kick anymore.

Watch Heartcatch, it's pretty great, Princess GO is good too.

Goddamn that shit looks scrump as HELL. I'm still on Pretty Cure Max Heart (about to finish it up), but that fight scenes gives me hope for the future. Not to imply like I'm not liking Futari ha, but the fighting usually leaves much to be desired. Marble Screw is fucking cool though.

That's Princess, right?

It was decent
nothing to write home about, but nothing terrible, boss battles were fun

Way overpriced though

Why are you watching girl shows?

Yeah, that's from Princess.

That's the biggest, most blatant case of shilling i saw since the overwatch announcement.
I take you guys are not getting a lot of sales to be that desperate eh?

let's share the game then so others can join in to discuss it
igg-games.com/berserk-and-the-band-of-the-hawk-free-download.html
I don't have a magnet, can someone else post it?

Best character isn't playable. This game never had a chance at being good.

Basically what happened with all of them. HM1 was good, but it was still only half of the story, only a fraction of all the characters up to that point in the story were playable and the levels were obnoxiously long. HM2 was leagues ahead of HM1

Yes.

Would you a Jojo character mosuo in Berzerk world?

What the fuck am I reading

But it's on PC as well? Why would you bother with a PS4?

There's already a proper game on the PS2 and it's fully translated by fans, instead of this musou braindead shit.

This is called a "shill thread," Alice. It's where companies try to sell you things you don't want.

Now put on your sage and let's go talk about good video games.

Holy shit, this looks so much better than this crap.

It's truly impressive how the enemies look more generic than the Warriors Orochi ones

You should also check out Berserk: Guts Rage for Dreamcast. The gameplay is a bit clunky but it features an original story by Miura and an amazing soundtrack by Hirasawa.

Oh shit nigger what the fuck is wrong with you?

you can just say whatever, even if you know yo're full of shit, aye.

doesn't mean you have to though

Considering the massive love for Berserk on this site, people would talk about it regardless of a shill or not. Are you well?

>Haha, you goyim are delusional, who would actually shill in a place like this?
How to spot a shill 101.

Anyone who could praise this trash game has to be a shill. Even the braindead retards who usually eat up musous don't like this shit. The icing on the cake is his implication that the PS4 version is the only version.

"don't attribute to evil that which can be equally attributed to stupidity"

maybe he's just retarded user

Temper that feeling. Fights vary on the season. My personal top five:

Heartcatch - Hands down, unarguable. The best action sequences in the franchise.

Yes!5 - Efficient and neat display of teamwork in an animated setup.

Splash Star - Easily in a high spot because it's one of the few seasons where bad guys die, and bad guys are actually fucking metal (literally in Kintolesky's case. Watch this one if you're not burned on Max Heart)

Fresh - Frequent Kaiju fights. Badly-animated, but charming and entertaining nonetheless.

Futari Wa - Does a lot of things right and things that don't get repeated ever again because apparently there were a lot of bleack/hard themes with this one. Still a goodie. inb4 what did you say about honoka

They could easily print money from a Precure Musou. All the other Musou cards have been filled arleady (Fate, Berserk, etc etc). Reminder that Japan VOTED Precure Musou as a #1 draft pic for anime=>game titles.

Gas yourself you contrarian faggot.

if you would play the game, you'll realize there's a lot to it other than just hacking and slashing. It has a lot of cool shit.

So my first jump into Berserk was this game. I know blah blah blah. Why is this advertised about Demons and what not when demons only appear once every 200ish years or so and in the game they only appear to 2 people who are branded. It's not like a real person problem. Just people who were branded right? On another Note what do people consider bad? I keep hearing people saying current Berserk is shit. I didn't finish the game due in part of boredom but I got vastly more interested during the Black Swordsman Arc after Griffith Sacrificed everyone. Does the arc just annoy people? I also hear it's not even fuckin finished? Whats to hate? Should I just go to /a/?

Oh yes, definitely go to /a/. They'll love you too.

Your enthusiasm scares and intrigues me.

Tell em we sent ya.

Already making the thread.

Don't worry, I plan on watching all Precure since I'm an anime fiend that likes it all. I'm going at a rate of 3 episodes a day, usually, so I figure I'll be done sometime by the end of the year. I'd do more, but this is about all I can handle on top of watching whatever I'm watching of the current season.

I can only really comment on the first two since that's about all I've watched so far (and I'm not even fully done with Max Heart), but what do you mean by the bleak/hard themes in Futari ha?

It hasn't been all that adult so far. The worst thing that's ever really happened was Kiriha (the Dark kid that Honoka liked) dying/disappearing. That was a fucked up situation I definitely didn't expect out of the shows tone. Even then, he was given a moment near the end to reconcile with Pretty Cure and show that he totally super isn't dead.

Wew laddy you're in for a wild ride. Just shut up and read the manga man. Also, never go to /a/. I wouldn't recommend a single person on this entire site going to /a/, except leftypol.

I'm not exactly a purist. I don't mind anime changes but more to the truth i'd much rather watch than read these days. Is the anime that much more trash?

Thankfully the meidos keep trash like you where it belongs. On Holla Forums.

Wow, you really did it.

I'm already fucking banned. Apparently they're all fucking college majors and I didn't use correct punctuation.

Uh, yeah, mhhmm. Fucking dorks…

Yes. Not only does it simply not cover the vast majority of the manga, but the recent ventures are almost entirely garbage CGI. You should only watch them as a supplement to the manga once you've read and internalized the pain. Also the art is 99999999999999% better in the manga, letting you truly feel the sheer metal brutality of it. At least before it becomes JRPG Berserk.

Thankfully the gestapo rarely lets you garbage outside of your designated shitholes. Back to /a/ - hurry now - before the hotpockets meidos find out and erase you for unwanted "contamination" with other boards.

No, that is just the excuse they use to ban anyone they think is crossboarding. Despite them all being crossboarders themselves as this thread shows.

I didn't know I had to be a fucking purist to use another board. I just wanted answers about Berserk anime. oh well. People tell me just to read the manga. I'll just put aside a few 100$ and buy a collection or some shit when I get a chance. Sucks but I guess that's most of life.

So they literally don't want anyone who uses their board to frequent other boards?

Just look up the BakaBT torrent.

thank you

No problem.

You aren't missing much. It's mostly waifufaggotry and threads about whatever interchangeable and forgettable slice of life is running. The vols are retarded and have a utterly incorrect idea of what /a/ culture was and enforce it with a iron fist.

That is their hypocritical policy, yes.

I will describe for you the exact poster that our current /a/ wants.

You must be exactly what a modern-day chan culture historian revisionist thinks /a/ was like, circa 2006/2007, back when "/a/ was good." Nevermind if you actually were there and know how it was, because the mods sure as fuck weren't.

They'll aggressively ban anyone and anything that goes against this fictional version of /a/ that exists only in their minds, behind the thin veneer of "keeping out crossboarding shitposters."

huh sounds shitty. How are people supposed to learn and enjoy your fucking content when they can't even post without being banned or enjoy a day in. Fucking retarded but I take being banned from anything more to heart than I should anyways. Just annoying is all. Some guy hooked me up though. I just found out the golden age wasn't even in some of the manga's I guess. It was prequel shit. Hard to believe with how well it's prepared.

Seems very extreme and silly, like to the point of absurdity.

It hurts to have some barely twenty newfag tell you how the board you went to for almost a decade really was like and that you are cancer for not nodding along with his fairy tales, doesn't it?

Welcome to 8/a/.

Yep, it is. /a/ is, without a doubt, the worst board in the top 25. Personally, I think it's the worst board on-site, but hey, whatever. Anyways, don't mind one fucking bit about being banned from /a/. Everyone gets banned on /a/, especially if you do literally anything besides post in the most milquetoast manner possible.

Just chill and get your anime kicks elsewhere. Fuck, if you can find a thread about anime on any other board on the entire site, it's guaranteed to be better than an /a/ equivalent.

I liked the game and I can tell you're a marketer.

It went from being a dark and gory revenge story about a man overcoming insurmountable odds to a typical RPG party cast trying to save a retarded girl while they learn magic xDDDDDD shitpost-style.

found the retard

Ahhhh ok. People didn't like the direction. Did it change artist?

come on man. there's a limit to newness.

Seems conflicting, unless your favorite bits were just the first three volumes and the parts during and immediately after the Eclipse.

you are correct. I'm completely new. I read manga as something to do in class. Not as a hobby. Battle Royal, Battle Angel Aileta i think it spelled and tons of Trigun. Also tons of Dragon Ball.

The berserk anime still had gore and nudity. The rape scene wasn't censored at all for instance.
That's a nice implication

Literal cuckoldry

They also seem to be obsessed with traps and moeshit for some reason. Now, there are some genuinely good moeshit where the moe is secondary to a good story and pacing, but they seem to think that being moeshit automatically classifies an animu as the best thing ever.

Pretty much this, Wylad is a playable character but Skull Knight isn't? Where's the logic there?

That and the lazy re-use of the Golden Age movies for cutscenes, making the later half of the game stilted and boring due to lack of decent-ish animation to use for cutscenes

Wow, you are probably older than half of this board and /a/ for that matter.

It's a shit genre that can be slapped any coat of paint on top. 99% of he time you'll be hacking and slashing like a braindead retarded. If Koei was serious about adding dept to the gameplay instead of superfluous shit that can be unlocked through sheer repetition they could have started by adding some kind of planning stage before the levels or the ability of direct command your soldiers, or maybe, you know, make the game remotely challenging.

Yeah i think they did a great job

GRIFFITH DID NOTHING WRONG!

(you)

Above-average bait

Has there been any word of DLC yet? I imagine this game would get DLC characters out the ass and the inevitable sequel/goty edition with all DLC.

Just scenarios, horses, and costumes.

get out

Does anyone have a torrent for the new game?

Say ahhh!

thepiratebay.org/torrent/17164164/BERSERK_and_the_Band_of_the_Hawk-HI2U

So… he became Fento, then got reincarnated again at that festival and came back down to the world.
So… is he still Fento? Or is the Egg the new Griffith? Is the old one even alive anymore? Can someone tell me what's going on, because I'm a bit lost.

He did a lot wrong if you actually read the material. What's right and wrong isn't subjective, Grifith is a bad man and berzerk is a bad series post conviction.

So Griffith became Fento and Egg became fake Griffith. I think.

Or they're one and the same and the S.O.B got lucky with reincarnation and still has his OP plz nerf powers.
Wonder if Guts will ever get his vengeance.

It's abnormal for a musou game, because I'm actually impressed with a lot of the mechanical gameplay improvements they've made.

But for some reason, they dropped the ball on a lot of Musou standard, like the amount of characters (which can be attributed to it being a berserkgame), the difficulty scaling (It takes very little time for a character to reach a level to easily beat the hardest) but the biggest problem in this game is that the mission you play are shit. Musou games were all ready pretty repetetive, but in this game, every mission is just "Fight your way from point A to B" or "Kill X Enemies." I can remember 3 missions that were fun to play, and only one of them actually existed in the story of Berserk, the others were padding. Beserk itself doesn't make a very good musou game, but the developers seem to have put a lot of love into it for this game, despite that.

I agree. Why the FUCK isn't Bazuso playable?

Real talk, how the fuck does anyone find this fun?
Like I'm a fuckwit who can spend 14+ hours on a fucking MMO but I couldn't stand an hour of this and immediately refunded it
At least with MMOs there's that sense of progress and reward

Does this game feature Lost Children?

That's a common problem with Musou games. Seems to me like they should expand on the optional side missions, what you refer to as "padding." It's important in Musou games to have some variety in objectives, since you spend 99% of the time sweeping away hundreds of grunts. I've only played the first couple of missions in this game so far, but first battle was good. Not much wandering, clear objectives that take an appropriate amount of time. Capture bases, kill officers, destroy catapult, escape trap, capped off with a pretty good boss fight. It's par for the course in Musous, but the main thing is keeping you engaged in actively contributing to the battle, otherwise you end up slaughtering grunts by the thousands out of boredom. The only thing they could add is retrieval or escort, which both kind of suck.

I'm hoping there's a hard mode after finishing the game, because so far it's laughably easy. The enemies take a good amount of damage to kill, so I'm not ragdolling dozens of footsoldiers per swing yet, but they inflict virtually no damage to me despite my extremely careless playing. Still early though, maybe it ramps up a bit.

I feel like I'd be enjoying this more if I already read Berserk or at least watched the movies. But I'm still having fun in short bursts with it.

The problem is they have no "excitement" to a lot of the battles. While in every Musou game you could (usually) win the battle by just plowing through to the other side of the level fast enough, there's basically no surprises. No trap, sieges (except for maybe 4 total missions),, and in 90% of the missions in the game, you don't even have an army at your back to fight along side. Basocally, they picked a shitty IP to make into a musou game, because Guts rarely fights amies. And when he does, his jobis just to slaughter with no regard for strategy.

I saw the 90s anime, and because of that I hated playing through the Golden Age arc. I was really interested in seeing what happens after. If you don't know about Beserk's plot you're gonna be in for a wild ride

Fuck off, disingenuous fag

Newfag from reddit or shill, get out.

Needs more Lu Bu. Or similar obstacles. I think they tried to do this with some of the low-tier officers that get atk or def boosts at low health, but it's not enough to matter at all. That's what the Musou spinoffs are missing, things that actually create a problem for you to solve. You should get a bit beat up on the way to the big bad boss instead of getting there after 10 minutes of weak attack cruise control. I think that's something that made Dynasty Warriors work, there were times when an opponent like Lu Bu or Guan Yu or Zhang Liao showed up and pushed your shit in.

Maybe that ties in to the lack of characters, though. I'd have been fine with them going a little off-script, making random nobodies a bit tougher, for the sake of making this game a little more challenging.

Kek it's actually a shill.
Into the gas chambers you go, schlomo.