Terraria

So I only *pirated* this game a week or two ago and I can say I'm enjoying it. Thought I would make a thread for discussion.

Post houses.

What about yours user?

I made this and stopped playing. That was about a month ago. It's not great, but it's comfy.

Soon Eventually.

It it was cluttered up a bit and is the materials weren't as compartmentalized it would be a pretty solid little house.

any worthwile mods?
I need something to spice it up a bit

O was waiting for this thread to show up the new shit I've done. Also, the game ran at 30fps with normal lights so I set it to funky lights to run it at 60fps. Shit looks way better like that.
Big screenshots are pain

Yeah, it's not really finished. I do want to fix it up a bit once I get back into the mood to play it. Some boss trophies would be nice, plus the topmost rooms really need furniture. I'd like to make a few houses in other biomes as well.
Have some saved pics.

calamity mod

Bump because I sort of want to see what everybody has been building lately.

Anybody got any good creations using marble? Just found a marble biome and I want to make sort of a Roman Empire type city by using it.

Terraria 2/Otherworld never

if you like it you should consider buying it

That last one doesn't actually have any marble in it but it's still notable and it might give you some ideas.
White and gray paint is your friend in this endeavor.

You got any of some granite stuff too? I haven't found any granite, but I'm curious if it looks good.

And I found another faux granite build.

I meant faux marble.

U P D A T E W H E N

I found some more but they're a bit mixed.

Could someone post the building guides and furniture/wall shit?

whoa that lion is cool as hell

Still a wip, however I'm making progress.

Don't get me wrong, it's great game, but once you done with it, any massive updates will most likely only help burning out process, since you're likely needed to start from scratch to not miss new shit.
At least that's what happened for me.

You have a nice eye for macro-shapes, user.

Thanks, still takes me a bit to do all the fine detail though.

gg no re

Why?

Anybody else prefer Corruption to Crimson?

Crimson is easier to contain

thematically yeah including the music, and the pits are more fun to explore.
but the hard mode corruption enemies arent as dangerous i think. which i consider a downside, those pregnant ghosts can come out of nowhere, and they dont glow or make a sound.
the corruptors can be unpleasant to deal with, but its fun because its dangerous. i wonder why crimson doesnt get a similar monster.

Crimson is too red for me so yeah.

I like more of the aesthetics of the corruption and it's associated materials than those of the crimson. They seem to have much broader utility than the crimson. Flesh blocks are great but they're pretty niche. And I don't care for crimtane bricks at all. Bits and pieces of the shadewood stuff are nice though.

I've updated that furniture list a few times now, but never felt the need to post it.

Here's the latest screenshot, although it's a bit blurry for some reason.

Oh I see it now, I made it wider because of the ropes. Terraria has this annoying way to squish the images if they're too big. I guess I'll need to manually combine 2 parts from now on.

You can disable image packing and piece the image together.

Also I meant to ask did you ever add the new blocks to the second pic here ?

I'll try that next time. Looks like next update adds at least 1 column of furniture to the left.

I didn't make that one.

Pic related is my block list and I don't update it anymore because I no longer have Photoshop and it's the only program that can handle this file painlessly.

I didn't realize there were two anons making block lists. Though that would explain why there was a little bit of a variation in the style.

kill yourself, you're either poor or underage

make sure you get the latest patch so you can get access to the apaches

Personally the worst part is not playing the game again but re-making all those interesting building you did.
I could restart a thousands character but I can't spend hours trying to build something different than what I had everytime.

Just make a little house user. Then in a couple of days make another. And then another. Before you know it then you'll have a whole village.
Don't set yourself up to make one grand complex structure if you don't feel like it. Terraria does comfy better than grand anyway.

Need some extreme comfy houses for inspiration. If anybody could provide, it would be appreciated.

What kind of comfy are you looking for?

8/10

I've got more asian stuff collected.