What are some good RPG games that can be emulated on the PC?

What are some good RPG games that can be emulated on the PC?

The main features I'm looking for are physical character customization and an interesting story, but I'm willing to try other stuff as well. Haven't touched a console/handheld in years so when it comes to games on there I'm totally out of the loop. Last non-PC game I played was DQ 9, which I enjoyed a lot.

pls

Does it have to be emulation? You could look at the PSP's library, it has a ton of weebshit and emulation with PPSSPP.

You sure you want rpgs and not bethesda-like garbage?

I'm asking about emulation because I'd like to see what consoles/handhelds have to offer since I haven't had one in years. I figure that there are probably a couple good ones that I missed.

I'm not looking for Bethesda type stuff, I just like changing my character's appearance. Like I said in the OP, Dragon Quest 9 was pretty enjoyable and allowed you to customize your character.

Morrowind

I've already played Morrowind, it was pretty good. I've actually played or at least looked at a ton of games on the PC, which is why I'm asking about games that need to be emulated, since that's the stuff I wouldn't normally be able to access.

Way of the Samurai 4. Learn to do the trick that gives you a shit ton of customization points in 15 minutes and horde them. After that make your dream character and be a lazy piece of shit ronin.

I hear Golden Sun is pretty good. You could always just play Dragon Quest or something. If you want a 3D game, try Phantasy Star Online on GCN. It's probably better than you remember. I don't know. I'm drunk.

Oh cool, thanks. I'll check these out.

All the good RPGs are already on PC, unless you one of those retards that think a game is an RPG if you can level up.

Nah I understand there's more to it than that. I just am stuck with a shitty computer right now so I figured the best games to look into would be emulated handhelds and the like, since those could run on my laptop. Pic related, is my specs.

Not even sure you can run PPSSPP m8.

my fucking phone emulates psp games well, why wouldn't a laptop

Well your phone has more processing power than that.

that is funny to me

I've run it on worse

Well assuming I actually manage to get it running, what PSP rpgs would you recommend? I'm currently downloading Phantasy Star Portable 2, but any further suggestions would be swell.

That's like the best non turn-based shit you can get on PSP.

Oh, cool. But what about turn-based shit? Anything worthwhile in there? My benchmark for that sorta stuff would be Dragon Quest 9. I'm sure there are better turn-based games out there, but I played that completely blind and it was my first introduction to proper JRPGs.

>good RPG games that can be emulated on the PC
i'll tell you a secret
they are all good
because you can emulate them on pc

W-well which ones would you recommend?