Cancelled Games and Cut Content

ITT: Post cancelled games and cut content

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/Mafia_II
acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children
archive.is/RlpS3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh. NOW the clothes make sense.

Its well known at this point but Dark Souls has some amazing cut content.

Ultimately, Oscar would become an antagonist near the end of the game, choosing to follow the opposite path from the primordial serpent the player confides in:

Oh, right, all that sweet ass shit in San Andreas.

FUCK YOU, VAMPIRE

Forgot embed

Good. I'd go insane if there was that much game to suffer through.

Second disc of xenogears. Like tears in the rain.

tried to find it, but not going through all that just for whats probably just one post link it or it doesnt exist.

The thing is cut content doesn't appear anywhere in either Saturn or PSP version, unless you cont a bunch of corridors that were used in Saturn one to connect to some shitty OC levels made by porting team.
There should have been a whole separate fork with maria going vampire and you having to fight her evil form and actual bad ending following it, rather than just "kill richter and nuke castlevania".

Tomb Raider '13 was meant to be a lot more open with survival mechanics. I think it was originally described as a Arkham Asylum sized map, but with the usual (sorry for saying this) Metroidvania approach of acquiring new gear to access new places. It also had a lot more supernatural elements and enemies, instead of being very late into the game. Very Japanese with its aesthetic.

Then there is the original plan for Dishonored. You were a witch hunter around the times of the Salem witch hunts. I imagine a bunch of mechanics were changed and dropped due to Zenimax/Bethesda Jewry. I also seem to remember something about the magic. I think the original concept was using magic or not determined your ending, not how many you kill or don't kill.

I'm still a bit sad over what could have been with FF15. Ten fucking years of being strung along with that dope-ass premise, only to inevitably get that sack of shit?

Such a thing.

Prey 2

I remembered this video.

tcrf.net/Mafia_II

read and weep

This is a good thing, you mentally ill faggot:

acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children

when is starcraft ghost expected to launch?

Someone post the images from the dragons dogma cut content
It breaks my heart

what a fucking homo

Completed KOTOR 2 never ever

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown was suppose to have an updated version of Quest Mode with new fighter data, but it was cut because Microsoft's 2 GB limit for XBLA games.

There really needs to be a remake of KOTOR 2 or even a KOTOR 3.

Not by Bioware mind you. They would throw in a tranny wookiee.

Not by Obsidian either though. I would be content just to get the completed game

I prefer Oscar dying a noble death to be honest.

oh don't you know? they remade that into shadow of mordor instead

fuck, looked much better

Right in my fucking soul

Could you explain? I haven't heard about content being cut from NWN

The keyblade armour is sexy as hell, I really do miss the capes from that initial teaser.

I'm convinced that game would be garbage regardless of style.

LucasArts also killed Imperial Commando, never fucking forgetting that one. Vode An, motherfucker.

Every medical professional within the last 4000 years of human civilization disagrees with you, but fuck it. Wank away, you disgusting individual.

Never forget it was Lucas himself who ordered that and we got the turd Force Unleashed instead

The first Deus Ex game was originally going to have a branching storyline, where you could choose to either side with your brother or stay with UNATCO.

There's also a lot of cut content from the end of the game, including a White House level and a secret Illuminati moon base level.

Rock man online

Is the quest mode in the PSN version? It's not, is it?

It was a dumb idea. A fucking Mega Man game with hotkey abilities?

Now Mega Man Unlimited…
It may have had bad visuals but it literally was Mario maker for Mega Man.

Let's admit Crapcom would fuck up Resident Evil, regardless of which version of RE4 was released.

Valve still hasn't elaborated on why they cut down one of their story's most important characters to three lines, and it's been six fuckin' years.

She was talking about Mr Johnson's "Johnson"

Giving David Cage free reign wouldn't have helped it much.

This game started me down this route I'm in. So much promise, wasted like water down the drain.

shes meant to be a shallow character that cave plays off of.

Seriously, that Buckley tier wall of text Chrono and gang throw at you just before the last boss could easily have been an extra disc worth of game.

I never heard any positive feedback about the Huxley beta

God! I still haven't healed from that absurd ending of the game!

Oh Jesus. I actually liked episode 1, but he is a horrible person.

Friendly bump
While on the subject of Resident Evil, there was a scraped version of RE0 for the N64. It was canned because of cartage size limits.
There was also a cancelled PSP game that was supposed to be an entirely new game, but I think it turned into one of the 3DS games.

its funny how that is almost silent hill yet they did a 180 and went the action route in the end. I'd love for this to be leaked one day if it is in a playable form.

There's a fangame titled "Resident Evil: Code Madman" in the works that looks good.

I feel like I want to cry

These 2 games are based on comic books.
The storyline is finished there.

if that's BF3 it's very much alive thanks to an user leaking it here.

I didn't want to be reminded of this. Fuck you.

I don't believe you

Shut up, fag.

some user did indeed leak some shit and I heard talk of community effort

Since I'm the only person to have played this game and the preceding series to notice a major discrepancy, here goes. Published by Ubisoft, famous for rushing games these days, probably pushed to have this be a launch title (and seeing as the series was never that famous, and ubisoft changing the name was probably for the best, profit wise). Due to being rushed, and previous entries getting stuff cut as well, a whole bunch of shit assuredly got cut.

Only 18 customizable car (though in great detail) is diminutive compared to previous titles near encyclopedic inclusion of the most obscure Jap car to fucking DeTomaso Pantera is suspiciously small. Even more so when you consider there's the AE86 (both Tureno and Levin variants), S130 Fairlady Z (which you can only buy the final boss version of, despite two other people driving more mundane versions) which you can buy a pre-made version of, but not a stock version. That could be explained as of course you can't buy an old car, except you can buy a Mk III Supra and an R32 GTR which logically shouldn't be able to be bought either. Then there's the fact the brand spanking new at the time Eclipse is also awol from the shop despite being new, fielded by an entire team and a wander, and most shockingly is the only FF car in game. I've never driven it in game to verify, but it seems ludicrous to have an entire drivetrain style, dedicated to a car you can only buy pre-tuned.

Then there's some traffic cars which tend to be staples like the Cefiro, Mark II, and Yaris (which could have made use of the FF drivetrain style) which are unplayable. There's other cars that also have licensing for badging and design. This is weird for three reasons. 1. No company is going to license cars just to have them as traffic. 2. Genki certainly isn't the company who'd do it as they have an entire game and an NSX in Street Supremacy using no licensing. 3. The last major entry that took place on the highway used solely yellow vans.

Another pretty noticeable absence is the Wangan Yokohane combo, instead only having Route 3 and 4 as the highspeed endgame routes.

All combined it adds up to this being rushed as fuck. Still it has the second best driving physics in the series, a level of detail for the cars that are in not rivaled 2011 by Forza (and even then it's just a few more cars) and kinda challenged by Project Gotham 4 in '07 (A year after ITC released). Both backed by Microsoft's massive coffers.

This is just a Maple Story Megaman edition

Also the music was elevator-music tier horseshit.

Well the series has almost always had kinda mediocre music (sometimes the elevator music fits, but mostly it's just kinda generic this being a noticeable exception which is just, odd)

That was ceased and desisted by EA pressuring Disney. Disney actually wanted them to continue work on it but EA had a hissy fit, as a result it's certain that EA won't be getting their exclusive Star Wars license renewed, if anything they may have it revoked early if their next Star Wars game is a failure

Gonna need a source on that, I don't trust Disney kikes at all.

archive.is/RlpS3
Came from the devs that were working on Battlefront 3, the other is based on Disney being not too happy about EA squandering the Star Wars IP and not producing enough shekels for them.

I don't know ether but usually rpgs, especially DnD based rpgs have an as load of cut content. Its pretty much a rule. I don't think there was a single DnD game that even covered all the content and abilities in the base player handbook of 3.5, let alone all the expansions that NWN actually started diving into. For example, the Fly spell, jumping, swimming if your DM is a dick, mounted combat, animal companions/familiars aka pets that weren't total ass. No pet is worth a character slot, also, I want to put armor on my Brown Bear dammit, I already made him sentient, and with magic he can even talk and, ect, ect, ect.

supposedly j k simmons didn't like the implications and scrapped his performance

Destroyed archstone in DeS. It was supposed to be full of beastmen and set in winter-themed environment.

I'm still salty BSI was nothing like final game in the previews.

embed

it was a lot like the final game actually. It was always going to be shit.

boy those teases sure were enticing weren't they
I bet you'd love to see custom walker's jerky personality on this huge thing
hmmm yup this sure is a story reason to rethink about huey's contributions to the world as a weapons engineer

oh wait, its just a stall for the boring ass menu quests you don't give a fuck about
Be sure to pre order Metal Gear Survive!

Based Kojima.

Secret of Mana had a lot of content cut to fit on a SNES cartridge (it was supposed to be a SNES-CD game). You can tell how the last 3 or so Palaces you have to visit aren't connected to anything else in the world.

NEVER FORGET! FUCK YOU BETHESDA!
REEEEEEEEE

I mean its obviously talking about the mind transference thing, but Im sure with GAME THEORY-tier conjecture you could turn it into "CAVE RAPED CAROLINE AND MADE CHELL"

BUT HEY, THAT'S JUST A THEORY!

A GAYME THEORY!

How in the fuck does that work?

Just rocketjumping around a big open world and shooting whoever you see?

someone's gonna end up in a Chris Hansen sting soon!

There was also a gameboy color version of the original RE that was scrapped late into development. Its about as well done as you could hope for going from playstation to an 8 bit handheld.

Atlantica was shooter by some of the devs of Hidden & Dangerous that took place in 3000BC and had low tech Incans fighting high tech Atlanteans. Ancient aliens decided it was unfair and gave the Incans advanced technology as well and the Atlanteans decided to invade the ancient ayylmaos.
What made the game unique other than the setting was the "sphere level design" which you can see in pic related.

Seraphim was a 3D action game where you fought as one of three angel races, the pure angels, the fallen half angels and demons. You could select which side to join and create your own angel and fought the other sides with various weapons and magic.

looks like they didn't get past the tech demo phase, such a shame it looks interesting

I don't think David Cage ever completed a game

For what its worth, his first weeaboo fever dream game was actually thematically interesting and if it persevered with more than 1/10th of the ideas that he actually concocted for it, it would've been a modern classic.

They sadly never managed to find a publisher and went bankrupt.
It's a shame because the studio could've made interesting things. They only managed to release Septerra Core which is one of the few attempts at making a JRPG styled game by western devs.

Interesting.

They had to ditch the IP, but they are still making the game. Someone will probably make a skin and voice pack for it on the downlow, they are working with valve for it so it should have workshop support.

Outcast 2
Most beautiful game at the time, interaction, cleverly programmed running in software mode with bump mapping, depth of field, translucent and refractive water, actual AI mixed with time tabled lives, big open landscapes, interesting world, history and concepts. Fun and funny, well designed.
Slightly clunky combat and low resolution.

Sequel, polyogonal world instead of voxel, beautiful environments, likely the same level to detail to programming, the same care to the feel and depth of the world and the things living in it.

Inexplicably, the company went under during creation of the second.

Duke Nukem Forever - cancelled and replaced with a piece of ludicrous console shit.

Fucking EA

This fucking so much.
I wanna one day play that N64 version.
I just really like the older ascetics of classic RE.
PSP game is was a shame, I wonder what they had in store for the system, Mikami (back what he was still in Capcom) said that it would bring a whole new system to the series.. maybe that's what Revelations would have been.

The story stopped and stuck us in FOB limbo.

Remember fondly of command and conquer

Ultima 9: ascension, cut to pieces despite having a beautiful engine.

Might and magic 9: coincidentally, the same but far worse.

Generals was the best C&C game of all, and they killed the sequel. Stupid motherfuckers.

This one still pisses me off. We could have had a super interesting proper R6 game about home front terrorism and counter-terrorist ops. Instead the game was scrapped and now we're stuck with Siege. And it's not that Siege is bad, it just shouldn't be a Rainbow 6 game.

real rainbow 6 fans hated patriots and thought it was incredibly uncharacteristic of anything the franchise had done before.

Dunno, I loved a lot of other cnc games.

It's not because they didn't want to make one version better than the other.

This may have ended up as a shitty stale FPS but damnit I got sorta excited about this one as well.

Why. FUCKING WHY.

I want to go back to my GLA glory days in a modern engine damn it, spreading the thrax with toxin tractors.

You're right that siege isn't a real r6 game, but that trailer looks awful.

I got reminded by Overstrike before EA turned it into bland and grey crap.

I suggest you watch someone actually play that game, because it is a fucking unholy train wreck that makes indigo prophecy look like fucking planescape: torment.

See >>>/sw/1160
It was me

Everything in this fucking trailer

This fucking shit.

Why the fuck did EA forced the devs of Spore to cut so much content out from Spore?

That one was painful.

And we didn't even had the chance to use Elly's omnigear.

FF15's deleted content can make a whole thread

Both of those look cool as fuck, I don't understand why the final product turned out the way it did after all this neat looking early concepts.

Noctis being a son of a crime boss would have been cool too, it definitely would have been different and his revenge mission would shed light on what went on behind the scenes during his father's "business dealings." His journey would eventually lead him to feel conflicted about being a part of his fathers organization and would eventually be reformed. Something like that would have been tons better than what we got.

I usually wouldn't say this, but watch the best friends play video. It broke them to the point that one left the team right after and another took two months of vacations

I don't think the guy who left was involved in it, I think he fucked off because he was sick of everyone (rightfully) pointing out he was the shittiest one.

On-topic, No More Heroes 2 had a few bossfights cut. They even made a joke about it by having Henry kill them all off-screen as a "favor."

Coincidentally, from what I've heard, the first real boss of NMH2, Nathan Copeland, was a scrapped character from NMH1.