Space Thread:Pilot Down Time Edition

Welcome Captains Admirals and Emperors to another space thread?

==REMINDER TO GRIND FOR THE 8TH IMPERIAL PILOT'S SYNDICATE
WE ARE ABOUT TO ENTER AN ELECTION==

Other urls found in this thread:

arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10408813
arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10423573
youtube.com/watch?v=1bIQRSU-J_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well I fugged up the op

Haven't had time to play much ED, how's Wheemez doing?

Hello captains, are you ready to start yet another grind tomorrow?

arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10408813

We got the Station. Just need that outpost.

Homeworld is dead.
Mandate is dead.
Diaspora 2 is living dead.

Welcome to Garden of Kadesh. Your dreams will die here.

But we have Homeworld Remastered!
:^)

I wish wine would let me record Space Engine vids larger than 2GB

I've had the possibility to pledge allegiance to a faction for months now in Elite but I still haven't done it.

Who do I choose? Does it matter?

Don't bother. I too would like to pledge eternal allegiance to my Emperor but the rewards are too little for the hassle it gives you. Your progress slowly deteriorates if you haven't logged in and done work for them for a while, and you have loads of enemy fuck you ships hunting your ass if you wander into the wrong system.

So what do I do now?
I mean it feels like I'm kinda grinding for nothing. I can't even find places to do combat and all the combat I find is 1:1

Have you tried Conflict Zones? You can stack kill missions and make serious cash at them. They're like big skirmishes. Capital ships can even jump in, it's pretty rad.

How do I reach one?
The map's a complete mess to understand, the filters only seem to remove galaxies from my view

u wot?
user, there's only one galaxy. Anyhow you need to change the map filter to "State" and then uncheck all the boxes except war or civil war. Every system that is not in those states will disappear, so you can see the closest ones to you having a war.

I'm still playing empyrion because I like the group I play with on HWS NA server. Can't wait till 6.0 and a complete server wipe. The admins placed a new pvp oriented planet and so far my faction has been cleaning up nicely.
The game is still alpha as fuck but at least it gets regular updates.

fucking nothing
welp

I find that incredibly hard to believe user

I'm sure there are somehwere just nowhere I can see

You sure you're doing it right?

Are the red icons the conflict zones?

No, that's where I parked my ships, purple is engineers. Conflict zones are in the systems that are currently at War, you should be able to spot some when you drop into a system.

I can't even see them on your picture kek
I'll move around the map randomly and see if I can find one

Reminder to all E:D pilots.
We're fucked.

Star Citizen

is that a flagship?

If this isn't an argument for wiping all aliens from the face of Humanity's Galaxy for all time then I don't know what is

Somehow i like sound then they appearing.

I want to see the galaxy aflame.

Federation Capitol ship, they appear around the galaxy in certain systems, in repair docks, some distress signal pois and in high intensity combat zones.
The only thing we can do to them is shoot out all their guns and heat sinks and watch them flee so seeing one disabled like that is something.

I joined a random conflict zone once and saw one. I had no clue what was going on but it had a shit ton of guns and it was fighting with this other ship. I basically farmed damage off of it's targets and jumped out of there when some of the meaner ships caught on to what I was doing.

So any of the anons that recreated Battle of Loum in Angels Falls First still about?

Earth made first contact with an organic race 50 years ago when geological survey vessels came under attack by unknown craft. Contact was them made later by a small fleet of warships with minimal losses on our side and heavy losses on the xeno side. Due to the exhaustion of missiles in the magazines, the fleet retreated towards Earth. Shortly after the then largest fleet humanity has ever seen, accumulated over 70 vessels, raced to the enemy home system. Upon leaving the jump gate the fleet came under heavy bombardment of beam weaponry. Due to the effects of the jump our vessels were not able to target the enemy until 1/4th of the fleet was already wiped out. The decision after slaughtering every enemy vessel in the system for revenge was to retreat and build up an even larger force. Earth churned out dozens of ships every few months. Mars' orbit became littered with dozens of shipyards that began their arduous task of defending the Sol system. Besides the fleet shown in the screenshot humanity has 123 various other military vessels that will work independently. The plan for the first engagement is to attack two jump points at the same time, dividing the fleet and hopefully dividing the enemy. Special military craft, lined with the heaviest armor man has ever put on a ship, will be the first to go through the gate. They will draw the enemy away just enough for the fleet to jump and overcome the jump lag. When ready, the fleet with make a sea of missiles crash into the enemy. From this system it is a straight line to the enemy homeworld. A straight line for revenge.

We need a Happy Merchant version of Braben.

He sure is a happy merchant. Displaying the name of your ship on the hull is gonna cost a shekel

Forumdaddies made this possible.
How can someone be this greedy? I don't understand.

Not to mention, if you want your ship to a basic colour, you have to hand over a shekel for the colours for each ship. It's whatever with the more elaborate skins, if I want two different ships with coloured blue, I have to not just buy it, but buy it twice? Come on.

God speed user

Anyway, once I'm done engineering my modules, I'll be dropping some exploration data at Wheemez

so never

Well, done for now.

I tried getting into that, even struggled through and made my first ever warship class. Absolutely love the R&D system. But my monitor is too small for it for me to keep playing.

Please tell us of the results of your war plan, user.

Finally got around to play the first Homeworld. Came across this in the tutorial, made me chuckle.

Should we fuck the xenos or kill the xenos?
I'm hoping we'll be able to meet them soon.

Why not both?

Mouses didn't use to have wheels user.
Some actually had a third button where the wheel is nowadays.

Aurora is the game that most justified my purchase of three monitors.

Talking about when the anons banded together and went full Sieg Zeon on the League players, being unable to respawn due to a bug so were forced to fight literally waves upon waves of players and won to the point that 10 Starfighters literally held off an armada?
Cause that was fun shit, we even had our own Red Comet who I think ended the match with something like 60 kills and no deaths and our black tri stars that annihilated the enemy battleship within 10 seconds of it hyperspacing in with an ungodly torpedo barrage

I like the way you think user.

The best part is that those that do buy in don't even beta test it, they just try to see what they can find for reddit upboats. Just look at the number of bugs that made it last patch and one had to do with the module storage. They don't find or report bugs.

I've always said they should make the basic ship colors free, no one uses them and only use limited skins or other skins that are not just one color.

Any Elite players here who know a grinding spot for Federation rank?
The usual aren't currently working and FD is going to "fix" some ways of ranking up in a reasonable amount of time with 2.3.
I want to get my hands on that sexy Federal Corvette. I can already afford it, but that damn rank requirement cock blocks me.
I feel like I'm never going to fly it, if I don't find another grinding spot before 2.3 lands.

STOP TELLING LIES user
Next you'll tell me people used to watch recorded shows and movies off of some sort of ribbons or tape.

Same here. Can't click the damn bottuns.

Rape them to death… I like the way you think.

I'm beginning my assault, in about 6 months these ships will be at the jump gates leading to enemy territory. Once these reach the gate the main fleets will be sent in behind them to reduce the time away from Earth and keep their morale up.

I'm going home for spring break, so I won't be able to play again for a day or two.

My friends are all deployed so going somewhere would be boring alone

I got my fed rank up a few times over at a system called "COL 285 Sector YF-M C8-8", there was a company there that would give me courier/hauling missions up the ass, and was allied with the feds so I got my rank up like three times there. I don't know if it's any good now however, I did this 2 weeks ago.

Alright, I'm back earlier than expected. I sent the armoured ships in first through two jump gates. One is under heavy fire. 2 ships destroyed in 40 seconds. I've sent in the fleet waiting in Proxima Centauri to take out the enemies waiting in front of the alpha centauri gate. From here I will set up a small fleet to wait beside the gate leading to enemy territory while I scout the system with the majority of ships.
I thought I would see other friends, but they already left for spring break. At least I have my cats

Alright, the invasion of the system is working well. I have over 300 ships against half a dozen. I'm worried that my Defense Fleet and 3rd Fleet (Only a dozen or so ships total) will be wiped out due to being alone with the majority of the enemy force. They don't have any anti missile capabilities. I'll make another post when everyone is wiped out and have invaded the next system.

Looking forward to see your soldiers return victoriously to home

I was there a few days ago for that reason. Only got a day. This system only works when it's in "Boom" state. Then it spawns tons of "Boom data delivery" missions. System states change every few days, so it obviously doesn't let you grind forever.
I think I found a solution though: spamming donation missions in famine systems.
I still haven't found a system that spawns like 10 at a time, but I still get a lot when board-hopping. FD nerved the shit out of donations though, so now you have to spent a fortune if you want to get anywhere. Fortunately I'm filthy rich, if only in Elite.

Get your ranking done now. That goes for anyone wanting naval ranks be it Federation or Empire as Frontier has a history of making it more of a pain in the ass after every patch and they just don't give a fuck about it. The last few ranks no matter what you do you're earning .5% or so per mission be it data delivery, donation or a high risk kill mission on a Conda and his wing buddies. It's just retarded.

Working on it. One more rank for my sweet Corvette.

bump

Listen friendo…you fucked up posting a cucked image. The only females in the Imperial War Machine are 1) Raging Dykes or 2) Propaganda Models.

It's absolute horseshit.

I wasn't going to say anything but I agree.
Top kek, end it.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I have nothing against women. I have everything against women in the Imperial Military, which has specifically banned them.

This isn't your cucked Galactic Republic.

To be fair that's what makes up the bulk of the TIE Fighter forces honestly. Got to love how Disney tries to force it down our throats though as if they are being super progressive when in reality they've always been angry dykes who will skull fuck Rebel Pilots with Vibro Dildo's when they get the chance.

wrong answer you fucking shitlord
correct answer would be to laugh

I think you mean rebellion user, the republic was also 97% men

Watching actual fleet battles and such IRL makes these anime naval battles seem rather lame by comparison. I realize the flak I might take from this but Battle Fleet Gothic did it better

In what universe? As pointed out a lot of the TIE Fighter Corps were women. The Empire has always been an equal opportunities employer user, stop listening to Rebel Propaganda.

Battlefleet Gothic could have been so much more fun if they didn't weigh themselves down with adherence to the board game. I can't but feel like that decision was ultimately motivated by laziness because three dimensions are hard rather than any genuine attempts to emulate the board game.

I watched that vid a thousand times user and I thought that he was talking about women ruling over every thing like the rebels, Because he also seems to forget Admiral Dalla

WEW
Doesn't change the fact that women should have nothing to do in the Military.

I'm in the military. That said, they ARE good pilots. They can also do a lot of administrative jobs. On the front lines we use them for searching women that needed to be searched to prevent international incidences. In the military, women have their uses, but overall the strengths and similarities between men and women seldom overlap. Take from that what you will.

Personally I think that if a woman wants to join the army they shouldn't lower the bar for her and the should restrict them to woman only squads and ban them from special forces entirely though. I mean if the want to be secretaries and such or be another warm body with a gun between me and the enemy I'm all for it

I also forgot to say the shouldn't be in any major command ranks like general but enough talks about politics lets get back to talking about SPACE

Battlefleet Gothic would have been much better if they didn't waste so much time on Multiplayer and cared more about Single Player. since literally every attempt of the devs bringing balance has been retarded and fucks a faction into nothingness

Wasn't there an user that pitched that 40k got how women in military roles should be treated right, i.e. they aren't treated like special snowflakes and have to perform tasks just as well as the men.

I wouldn't know about that talk but it sounds right,

True, campaign was close to great. If they dropped the railroad and made it available to all races it could be fun as hell.

It was originally planned to have a Dark Crusade Campaign sort of mode actually more similar to Galactic Conquest from Empire at War where you could play as each different race trying to accomplish their own goals. Taking control of certain systems would have given much more impressive bonuses and access to different ships, along with having several different fleets to garrison sectors. Oh and co-op campaign got cut as well

That shit was awesome too. Why can nothing ever work out how it should? I just want nice things.

This would have been the greatest thing ever, dear God why didn't they do this or release it as DLC if they wanted to jew so badly

I can not fucking wait.

Who /starsector/ here? I go it earlier in the week and it's VIP QUALITY.

Havent played ED since before they released Horizon

What did they changed? Do we finally have Player Factions or factions that go beyond Emp, Fed and Ind wich do nothing at all (not talking about this Galactic Play thing)? Some sort of Guilds? Did they change anything about ships? Do we still need to travel through half the galaxy to switch to a ship wich we docked on some station? Are all the new ships -if any- just bigger and more mass?
is it finally fun?

I wanted to get into the game but litterally as I was about to start I heard they nerfed the boarding function so that you can't capture ships without it blowing up most of the time or something like that

nothing has changed

There have been females in the Empire since Lucas.

I liked Ysanne's design and look but absolutely hated her. But she did do what a woman like her did best manipulate

Yeah she was a real cunt, but distinctive at least.

I also liked her biggest fear. Being alone with no one to manipulate and I also found it funny that she genuinely liked sheev

WHEN THE FUCK IS SPACE ENGINEERS GOING TO BE GOOD HOLY SHIT THE GAME DOES EVERYTHING MY AUTISM WANTS BUT IT DOES IT RETARDEDLY WRONG NOT TO MENTION THE FUCKING TECHNICAL ISSUES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IT WASN'T WORTH THE 99 CENTS I PAID FOR IT FUCK KUUCK SOFTWARE AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hold the fracken phone she has the same hair as Oberstien and looks a lot like him if only she had his attitude she would have been best girl

This is not going well. I've lost a dozen ships. I still have 400 left, but still.

FUCK

It's not that hard. I've put 12+ hours into the game a day before.

tell that to the first female fighter pilot
oh wait they "streamlined" her course after failing the test 7 times then surprise surprise crashed her plane and died

That's the male engineer's fault for making the plane too complicated.

not canon, just trashy fanfiction

It was canon in Lucas era, which meant Lucas era Star Wars had female Imperials. Disney era Star Wars also has female Imperials, and it is now canon.

Don't are how triggered you are by female Imperials. They're always been canon.

So much wrong.
kek
Dumbass
We were talking in general terms.

You're retarded.

LucasArts never considered anything outside the movies to be equal in standing to the movies.

Your fanfiction is fanfiction. And it's shitty.

Any survivors out there?

Fucking hell a wrecked capship. If Thargs drop you during deep dive explorations and you are in an Asp without shields….HO BOY.

Want to know what that green gas is though. Thargoid Laser burn?

Im hungry for a space game but I don't know what it is yet. Maybe a x4 game.
Any suggestions?

Have you tried the first two Master Of Orion games?

Nope, maybe I'll give them a go. Anything more modern? Preferable with spaceship fighting that I can see.

Most modern space 4X games that I can recall basically do abstract "strategic" naval combat, apparently devs hate implementing a tactical game.

The most modern one that comes to mind with a solid tactical core is Space Empires 5, but then I haven't really looked at many offerings from the past 5 years or so. Needless to say the genre has only recently started to be rebuilt after both SE and MOO imploded.

The new Master of Orion. Game is pretty boring though.

>boo hoo boo
Oh suck it up sunshines, being giant faggots whining all the time with your fingers jammed in your ears isn't going to change anything. It's canon whether you want to accept it or not. Go cry on Return of Kangs if it upsets you that much.

Any games were I can explore space with a qt waifu and some bros? Webm not related

What a load of crap.
No fucking wonder the empire fell.

I can't believe how shit that looks.

I'm sorry, when did I say it justified anything? Where did I say that. Where exactly did I say that it justified anything? Show me fucking where. Show me fucking where I said it justified anything. I mean I think all I said is that they're canon like it or not, but you're saying I said it justified something? Where is that justification I wonder? Could you show me where I justified it user, can you show me where I justified anything please? Because I have no recollection of ever having justified a single fucking thing this entire thread. Show me where. Show me where please.

Fuck.

So, Sword of the Stars yes or no? I want to know if I should dump this from my extensive backlog.

It's one of the best 4x games out there. So much was done right. Play Liir or Morrigi unless you want to deal with shitty weapon arcs. That's one of the few things it did poorly. Tarka, Zuul, and Human are unplayable from poor turret placements.

Who the fuck needs turrets when you have traverse on your beam weapons as Zuul?

It does a lot of things differently from the norm. Like you can't customise an alien race or the look of their ships, since the design of their ships and their FTL engines are part of the games ballance between the races.
The trick is that every race gets their own kind of FTL that works differently from the other races. Some get use natural wormholes, some make their own wormholes instead, some use an star trek like warp drive, some slow down near systems gravity wells and some use star gates they have to fly out at STL speeds to set up.
Combat is realtime on a 2d plane that the ship can leave on their own initiative but you can't actively move them off. Weapons are mounted on specific turrets and will try to hit the specific pixel on an enemy ship you clicked when giving them a fire order, letting you pick specific turrets off enemy ships or destroy individual sections on a targeted ship first.
The tech tree is randomized, as in, some core techs will always appear, most others only have a chance to appear, how big the chance is depends on what species you are playing as.

Skip the sequel though. SotS may have been a one off gold nugget, but SotS 2 is just a half finished, buggy pile of shit.

I gave up on Aurora because of all the crashes.

Glory to the Queen/10
It's good. It's different enough to be interesting, but not enough to be concept bullshit. Also meme-tier VA and icons. Play it. Mind, it doesn't explain itself too well so some reading may be required on things like trade/raiding mechanics or the intricacies of research (ie WHY IS HALF MY EMPIRE SPACE SKYNET NOW).

Sword of the stars is my eternal recommendation.

Repensum est Canicula/10

Wanna play as vengeful humans who after going full Sweden yes on their home planet and getting rid of all of their weapons get kicked to the curb by some space ants and get woke as fuck and start going all PURGE on every alien species they find?

I'd rather play said space ants and shoot bitches so hard they exit the battlespace in two pieces.
Fuck Liir is what I'm saying.

Yes, user add that game, its fun
The pit was fun, I wish they made more spin offs, like a dating game

Baka dominus! It's not like i like you or anything!

The princess and I…
will get to know each other.

It turns out the real reason Stormtroopers always miss is because they are women. Confirmed canon by the imperial autist.

First one is good, ignore the second one it doesn't exist.
A shame they never made a sequel.

Also, whats up with hivers and cheese?

Movies only, kiddo.

We pushed the fuckers all the way back to their homeworld, burning every planet they had touched on the way. They attempted to end hosilities. We declined, and hit the planet with viruses, asteroids, and every other horrific weapon we could bring to bear.

Epic war waged. Clanks and furfags purged. Half the galaxy burned. 10 out of fucking 10, I play a long game of SotS at least twice a year. One of the best games ever made, up there with Homeworld for good sci-fi.

Its a quirk of Hiver physiology. They can't get drunk off alcohol, to their physiology alcohol reacts like any other kind of sugar, but fermented milk products have roughly the effect of alcohol on Hivers instead. So they can get drunk off eating anything made from fermented milk, like cheese, yoghurt and the like.

You deserve to be skynetted for that.

Isnt there a x4 game where you can design your ships? I downloaded aurora x4 and I hear good stuff about sword of the stars above.

Did you forget episode 7 has women all over in the Imperial forces?

The Star Wars Universe is advanced enough they probably got over gender issues eons ago and it's a non issue.

The females in star wars seem to still have the upper body strength of humans and the demeanor of humans.

Not suitable for war.

nice meme
There are plenty of other alien species too.

Do you doubt the will of the Dark Side of the Force?

I'm shocked you didn't make your own flagship given the amount of resources you apparently had, and the fact you were playing as the fucking Liir. Granted, solforce ships tend to be a bit better than Liir until the Liir can get enough bullshit going.

Given that it is SotS1, I think, range isn't an issue. The AI, or whoever was playing as the Zuul could have easily changed the location of the front of the war by sending a tunneler ship with a fleet supported by a mass number of support dreadnoughts and/or cruisers to go anywhere in solforce space or yours. The problem is that they move fairly slow while making the tunnel, so you could have intercepted a fleet doing that.

the human women in star wars act like human women from our here and now, which would lead one to believe that they too are physically weaker, more emotional and do not bond as well with other members of the same sex in order to increase survivability/combat efficiency as men

4/10 i responded

Did steam ruin this game or did they leave it alone?

You can't differentiate between THE Empire, and the First Order that has nigger stormtroopers. Do you know what this means? It means you're a nigger, nigger.

Doesn't matter, gog has a complete edition of thidt for the price of half a potato.

The Empire had basically feminist groups in it dedicated to advancing women through the ranks. I forget the name of it, Firebird or something. They didn't get far so resorted to assassination.

No matter how much you whine it's canon, you fucking child.

If only Disney had done a Star Wars movie set during the time of the Empire proper, which might've shown that no one had an issue with a female walking amongst them in Imperial uniform even though she was secretly a rogue of some kind.

Oh wait, you double nigger nigger, they did.

Grab Distant Worlds, it has an autistic ship editor, including no visual difference other than weapon and ability sfx.

Why in God's name must everything devolve into petty politics of some kind. I am also aware of the irony of using this image of Oberstien

How does it look shit?
I can agree with you on other aspects like the story being written by brainless idiots, animations being horrid in critical parts of the game, and gameplay possibly being neutered in final release but the game looks fine to me in terms of graphics.

The thing is if I don't pay for it, I don't have a drive to play it. Only free games that are actually free give me the drive to play.

Explain this bullshit.

I don't have a drive to play pirated games, but I have a drive to play free games like Aurora 4x and war thunder. I have about 800 hours in each of those games, but 32 minutes in my pirated rebel galaxy.

But who said anything about pirating?
There's a GoG version, it's cheap, it has everything, and the multiplayer works. Thus no need to engage with Steam at all.

in my drunken stupor i read that as igg games.

I cant have both a gog account and a steam account.

Why? GoG is more no-hassle than Steam is.

It's fine in terms of graphical fidelity, if you disregard the animations. It's flaming horseshit in terms of iStethics.

Also you don't need to use Galaxy to play multiplayer so it's even less bollocks than it appears.

My mind can't take multiple things at once. Steam will do fine.

Are you legally retarded or something?

I don't like change. It fucks with me.

This isn't about women in the Empire, it's about (you). Anything Legends or the canon made in the current year is bound to be garbage, no shit. Just because it's canon to Disney doesn't mean we can't shit on it.

And that's what we did. We shat on it. You're the one who spergs out about MUH CANON as if that's somehow a defense for it. I gotta ask you, do you think you're baiting people when all you're doing is acting like a retard? 5/10 I guess.

I'm sorry, what mistake? I said women in the Empire are canon. Everything backs up that statement.

Actually, on the subject of deflecting, you entered this conversation arguing about the distinction between Empire and the First Order. Then when told that women in the Empire exists outside the First Order, you pretend that this isn't about canon this is about me. You're the one deflecting, and you're doing it poorly.

I never said you couldn't shit on it, I said you have to accept it's canon whether you like it or not. And for the record, I'll full sREEEEam all day and night that nuCanon is fucking shit and that Star Wars is dead because of it.

We? You've done nothing, you've made (2) posts, none of which are about mocking the nuCanon.

No, what I did was reply to posts saying they didn't exist in canon and even that they were in canon banned from serving. What an autist you are.

I'm finally getting payback. I've lost ~60 ships in this system. I'm definitely putting more of my shipyards into AM frigates.

You’re autistic. Kill yourself or get help.

MGTOW is feminism, you cocksucking faggot. No one is falling for your kikery.

Here's the (You)'s you want, laddie.

I want the Casuals to stop talking about shit they know nothing about. Disney isn't cannon. Disney is the fanfiction, Lucas and the EU are how Star Wars ends. Anything else is fanfiction by literal jews seeking to make money out of soft rebooting the IP. The empire has females in it, also aliens. They are rare and often never obtain an officer rank but when they do it's often due to nepotism or they are too useful to not promote.

I played not to long ago, the devs do play it still and tinker with it. I would love to see it have more players but I think they are waiting until they nailed down some more bugs.

Look at me.

I'm the canon now.

So where did this game go so wrong?

No campaigns for the other races, devs being shit at balancing.

It didnt go wrong, it just could've gone better. Which is a shame since I love battleflet/empire at war gameplay

Made me chuckle. Pretty good.

Oh shit. I forgot about that.

Poor art style aside, it looks like a shit GAME. What is this?

Pathetic.

I was thinking about buying elite dangerous, and you fags played? is it worth it?

This is a heavily underrated post.

Short version: when its on sale, possibly. I'm currently on my phone and need to get some sleep, so I won't go into detail now. Some other Anons will tell you about it and I might add to it tomorrow, if I think they missed something important.

What's the matter user? Never had your dick sucked by someone with an exoskeleton before?

I want to fug the striker

Alex changed that some time ago. Now you have a chance to get a boarding sequence, but you need marines and it's always a sure thing.

GO BACK TO 2015, Leftard

Here's your (You).

Is there a full version or is that it?

I will never understand it, specially when they add a pussy, cloths and underwear is ok by me.

Can't wait to play it when my laptop is fixed

Lucas' own films only tbh.

I looked it up and it's a 3 day old wip, so eventually there will be one.

I've been playing some career KSP recently and having a blast. Just landed the first ship on the Mun and sent out a rover to investigate an anomaly in 30 km from LZ. Now I want to run a service mission on my orbital telescope and send a couple of probes to Duna and Ike. Could anyone give me some tips on interplanetary travel and launch windows?

There's the one true answer in KSP.
Add more Solid Fuel Boosters.
There's no problem it won't fix.

Should i buy?

If you have to ask that then you need to go to reddit or cuckchan.

I think I played the game for long enough to be able to give you a good answer. That being, I have no idea. Seriously, I always wondered about the "1000 hours in the game - Not recommended" people on Steam, but this game is my exception to that rule. I simply cannot recommend it without feeling like I lied, but I wouldn't have put so much time of my life into it, if I didn't like it either. I reckon that this might be due to the fact that an honest recommendation of mine would have to contain so many asterisks, that I'm not sure it would be a recommendation anymore. I probably just like it because I am weird. But I digress …
Do you like Euro Truck Simulator or similar "boring" games? If so, consider ED to be Euro Truck Simulator: In Space.
Do you like the MMO experience (i.e. lots of monotonous quests, grinding, the developer shamelessly stretching the content out to get you to play for longer), but wish that you could have this experience with a lot less players? ED delivers.
Do you want a game to play while listening to podcasts or similar things? ED, being Euro Truck Simulator: PewPew Edition, is perfect for that.
I probably only played the game for so long because a) the flight system is nice (especially if you have a HOTAS, even a cheap one) and b) I have a friend to play and bitch about the game with.

Sorry, if this doesn't exactly help you. Feel free to ask me specific questions though.

How's KSP nowadays? Any mod recommendations?

I did not care about ED until I got HTC Vive and HOTAS setup. Playing that shit with voice attack, some 80's sci fi anime music and soaring trough space and shooting pirates is just chill as fuck.

Just started playing Empire at War, Forces of Corruption. Remembering now how ridiculously OP Zann Consortium is at Galactic Conquest.

Not to mention Zann himself with that energy shotgun

I AM SO HARD RIGHT NOW

Yup, frankly I wish I could disable Zann in Galactic Conquest as their faction is that retardedly OP it makes every fight beyond annoying since they have Tier 5 units at Tier 1.

And yeah it's annoying as all hell removing corruption every 10 seconds

A follow up on this. Latency between people is even more important now. Frontier needs to improve their server structure now.

Bretty gud. Some of my recommendations:
An automated mod manager that installs, updates and filters mods you. Supports multiple KSP installations.
Eye- and earcandy
Good colonization mechanics
Less retarded carreer mode
Surface scanning
Shitload of new experiments
Telescopes
Improved IVA

That's just off the top of my head. The game now fully supports x64, so RAM is no longer limited by 4GB. Loading times were also vastly improved, so even with ~150 mods I've got it loads within a couple of minutes.

Alright, I'm officially calling the system conquered. The enemy ran out of missiles and are retreating home. I lost just under 100 ships in the conflict while they have lost maybe 40. I have my largest fleet on the jump point leading to their territory, so any retreating ship is being destroyed. I have another fleet heading to the colony on the third planet of the system. I'm deciding whether to bomb it ash or conquer it with foot soldiers.

After this the system is completely wiped of enemies, I will be building an even larger fleet for the next push into enemy territory. I'll have 800 ships at least. They have 5x the range of my missiles, so I will be investing in more AMMs.

That planet would make a great foothold for that sector and bring in new resources Emperor user, I propose you conquer the planet

Your trips compel me. I'll need to build better troop transports then. It's a smart idea too because Earth is 3 systems away and it takes a month to get there. I also have 40 ships to repair.

If they are so bad are they the ones that get the SDSD Freudan Nightmare?

Gentlemen, behold!
The madmen at cryptic have finally done it!
T6 Universe class dreadnought cruiser

God's speed Emperor user, a small headache now will be better than a migraine later

They capture the eclipse so it's sorta like that

Why would they make a ship noone wants or likes?

Because from the same box you can get the better looking Klink version (klingon captains only) or Rom version (Romulan captains only).

arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10423573

Anyone know how good Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy is?

How do I make late-game Starsector less easy? I want to have multiple capital class ships in play and still have a challenge.

Its from a debate about people buying another game, its was not made for your sake sweetcheeks, it merely addressed the logic of paying for games in general.

So Pulsar Lost Colony, any news about it?

I am surprised the community hasn't disappeared up it's own ass yet considering how cancerous it is.

I was on that thread, some user posted he was going to play the new Mass effect andromeda if it was fun and some user got triggered and posted that.

Hey man, it was 2012 and I still had faith in kikestarter.
I was a bronze MWO founder too
They're so incompetent my founders account still isn't deactivated even though I got my refund from them five years ago under threat of chargeback

Either this image was made for that starship contest years ago, or it's just a flat-out fake.

The only capital ships in the store are the Javelin corvette and Idris frigate, neither of which can even be purchased. Unless you're one of those faggots who gives them $15k to buy every ship.

It's a capitol ship from Elite Dangerous you fucking twats

The sound they make when they jump in is pretty fucking neat.

At least we have living legends

that's a big dragon dildo

That means you could technically still "play" it, right?

Not an argument, kike. Thanks for proving me right.

user, being a (You)coholic hurts more people than just you.

That is officially my new favorite hyperspace sequence

By the look of the aliens, it should be ribbed for their displeasure

If it's one thing Fdev has going for them it's their sound team.

I legitimately thought those were TOR character models.

Their sound team must be directed by a deaf person.

They sure are getting a lot of mileage out of that one unflyable ship they added a little while ago.

The whole plot is probably on hold or at least slowed down till they finish the god damn PS4 port, wouldn't want them missing out on this probably one off story event.
Notice in the trailer the sky has no stars in it so the autists at Canon can't triangulate it's position in the universe as soon as the update drops like what happened with the ruins.

gave me a giggle

I dig it

Because it's fun as fuck

Buy the GOG version of SotS
it's DRM free and you can share it with your friends
anons are your friends by the way, if you didn't already know

was that for or against?
also initially I thought he was prepping for an immediate jump, is the game worth getting?

you have no idea
Worth getting? depends. Game's atmosphere and visuals are top quality and a couple of the jobs such as combat and exploration have been really fleshed out. But even traveling between systems can feel like a chore (there is a lot of grind and game mechanics designed to slow you down mmo style) and the game's development is often described as "glacial".
If you're hesitant just grab the base game on sale and only buy horizons (dlc expansion with several big features including the engineers, letting you mod your ship even more) if you feel it's worth it. Although if you wait the Horizons season should be ending sometime this year and it will get bundled into the base game as Frontier start their next load of updates.

One of my huge complaints is the sound. Metro had amazing sound engineering. E:D feels like everything is happening inches from your ear. It's too clear and sounds feel should be quiet are loud.

Just blow out your canopy.
It would be nice if the devs gave us the option to modify the "simulated sounds" as they're described in the lore.

oh wait turning off your life support has the same effect too.

Can't you just mute the game? wouldn't that achieve the sound of absolute nothingness in space?

I'm sending back POWs from the front lines. Another few thousand are on their way now. Luna will house them all.

thanks for the advice spaver

shoot, I meant spacer

MWO is free to play, anyone can play it.

Why must aliens always fart to their radio transponder when ever they meet us?
Also, is this ting using hero engine for its character models?

Nope Fdev has had an internal team working on their character creator for at least a year now, it's all inhouse.

It's just amazing how they managed to make their character models identical to ones created on the hero engine.

can you give me any examples?

These are release time models, so im not sure if they have updated the look of their characters since then.

Why is it so hard for western devs to make actual attractive women ?

I dunno could be inspiration, I doubt they stole the engine or anything like that. Fdev have a lot more detail theirs as well but that's clearly a matter of it being a more modern engine.

It's a character builder user I'm certain you'll be able to make as many semen demons as you want. I've seen several better stuff by people with beta access anyway.

Elite does an extraordinarily terrible job at making the player get a feeling for the scale of things. Even the Sidewinder (starting ship) is fucking huge.

Yeah, I'm not criticizing the editor, I'm criticizing the people who made those ugly presets.

But, bits like hard to do long hair man.
Do you really expect Fdev to put in the extra effort for animating long hair noone will ever see anyway?

How the fuck would your helmet save your face when your cockpit blows? The remlock helmet would do a great job of getting caught in your long hair.
Until we have space legs and are not stuck in a cockpit with barely any glass between us and space long hair will have to wait.

I read a bunch of starhammer novels and they're kind of lame.

They served as the inspiration for the flood in halo, which is the only reason I read through them.

webm of the youtube link

A Fire Upon the Deep and A Deepness in the Sky are some of my favorites. Just started reading The Children of the Sky.

To keep on topic, I just started playing Avorion. pretty neat, if a bit underdeveloped. It's still in EA. Here's a mag link for anyone interested:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7c3b9321fd0789733a1d71c3274360a1260a8c12&dn=Avorion+v0.10.2.7448&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

I love to listen do music while playing ED. What about you guys? Do you listen to music while cruising through space? If so, care to share?

I was waiting for a user to ask, LoGH has some comfy regal songs if you're in the empire mood

Present 10 looks like a nice reverse trap.

Alright so i snagged it off that vola dump, you fuckers better not be rusing me. I got Master of Orion while I was at it.

Here are some tips.

After that, go crazy, research what you want to and be wary of the abominable intelligence!

What space game allows you to rule your bionic forces against the heretics of the Machine God?

I prefer to priotitice my tech as:
Its in the robotics and ai tech tree, gives a good economy bonus early on by increasing all production, and idle production is then turned into extra income.
Even with unresearched weapons a single Std/Armor cruiser with missiles can hurt a group of destroyers if you kite them and it leads into the last tech.
They will save you a ton of trouble, cash and work on any colony you make. You they give a big bonus to starting infrastructure and take 20-30 points off the planets hazard rating, per cruiser, and stack. Dropping 5 at a time or more can turn even 300 hazard planets into productive colonies in about 10 turns, 10 or more cruisers can turn even the nastiest planet hospitable in a similar time frame.

Also, experiment with the infra/hazard reduction priorities on new planets to find a ballance you like. The trick is that reducing hazard ratings increases pop growth, and infrastructure needs a certain amount of pop on the planet to give anything, so only infra first won't always be the best option. Pop growth also depends on species, so again, experiment until you get a feel for it.

Lastly, on long term ballance, against AI I prefer not to spend too much effort on military tech until I need it, on big maps. Bio techs are more important since they increase your hazard tollerance (how toxic a planet you can terraform and thus colonize) growth bonus and terraforming speed. Nearly all of them give bonuses to all three. To get the most from these techs, you want to get them early, while you are still colonising lots of worlds.
And as far as military tech goes, for the love of fuck, DON'T FORGET YOUR CNC TECH AND SHIPS. You need one in any fleet since it determines how many ships you can use at a time in battle. Just keep the ship out of the line of fire during a battle until you get DN CNC.

Fuck, that was the one industry tech i was thinking of but couldn't remember the name of, cybernetics.

what the fuck am i looking at? you could fit scarab on those cockpit windshields. not to mention it feels like youre in a kayak when piloting an anaconda yet it looks so massive in that webm.

And now for some reason i have the idea of "Teddy floppy ear flying an anaconda" in my head.

I have conquered the planet and will now make it into a fortress. I'm going to use a lot of slave labor for this.

Great news Emperor user

I'm so happy I thought I was the only one.

I can't get over how cool that universe is.

Any advice of how not to go overbudget in research and not getting my head eaten by the queen?

Its random when you get tech, from between 50% to 150%, with the chance increasing the more research you have. At 150% completion is automatic.
The only trick I know of to take advantage of this, is to down throttle your research when its over 50% on a project that will take many turns to finish, allowing you to spend all that money on something other than research while waiting for it to finish. This is only useful if you aren't under pressure to actually finish your research quickly and badly need the cash for something else, like spamming colonisers or trade ships for a few turns.
Money spend on research past 150% is refunded so the waste is usually limited when pouring money into research, so doing so is usually the best overall strategy as it gets you the most tech the fastest.

this seems like the best tip of all
I played a few times not getting very far and never thought to combine colony ships for infrastructure, or even knew I could do that
knowing that you can makes it incredibly obvious to do so

Its one of those things you don't think about because I think SotS is the only space 4x to allow you to do that. Despite the fact that it is fairly obvious thing to do when you think about it.

Is it really that big? Isn't that a ship you can own? Why would they do that?

Yes you can own the tier [6] temporal ship, The classic 23rd century constitution class is 968metres let that sink in. The T6 Universe class dreadnought cruiser is literally big enough to be a city. In the fluff it's said to have actual universities on board and utilize space distortion techniques to be even bigger on the inside "think Alice in wonderland house seems small on the outside but huge on the inside"

youtube.com/watch?v=1bIQRSU-J_s

I'm slightly tempted to reinstall. How dead is the game these days? Is there any fun to be had as a solo player?

it's an underappreciated duology, even on Holla Forums

Gimme some games with sexy space cats.

The campaign is fleshed out really good with chapters, There is a steam stats track around 4k+ players on average. You can earn the Zen needed for fleet-ship modules via selling your dilithium. Fleets actually have a point.

Currently its probably least dead it can be atm, we have a voth ship event going on where you gotta fly through that giant country sized ship and blow up its core.

As for that giant ship, it's a R&D pack special with an atrocious drop chance.

Oh and you missed out on a phoenix box event, those suckers were great and during their time zen cost was somewhere between 200 and 240.

Have you even played a good game ever?

ask yourself that question

Dude i need some credits for some fleet-mods on the exchange any chance i could get 45,000,000 credits if you have spare. I'd like to buy the [6] temporal escort.

Oh shit, I got baited.

Just use Blasters, fam

It's actually based on what was the Star Wars pen and paper RPG at the time, which was also made by the company that makes D&D.

Why? That doesn't stop the gameplay from being zero tactics waiting as your dudes whack at the bad guys until their HP is zero. In fact it makes it look even more retarded.

I'm guessing you've never played at higher difficulties with mods, right?

All d20 is the same god awful shit. Kotor is a reskin of Neverwinter Nights, though, because Bioware was always a lazy team of incomptent hacks.

Oh, I'm sure ramping up enemy health points changes the whole core gameplay.

I'm not one to defend the gameplay but what exactly is the problem you have with it? RNG? Bad Animations? Jewish Jedi?

The problem with me is that it's an early 00s RPG so it was stuck with RNG like everything else at the time which meant it sucked. But really it's a fun RPG if you know how to build your character for it and stomp everyone.

If you don't know why D&D is a crime against humanity, I recommend playing some good games for change. And hamfisting the gameplay to fit Star Wars setting just makes it even more awful.

Abusing consumables and spamming force lightning isn't something I'd call particularly fun.

extrapolate your opinions

Project Nomad.

That's actualy the best part of the game

At least it's not TORtanic

Also HOLY HELL why does every time plague draw these things do they start seeming appealing to me

What's up with MRess' eyes?

That show's animation was on such an insanely low budget, its hardly a surprise they can't be bothered to point a characters pupils in the same direction.

I kind of want to play a comfy game where you manage your own colony or space station, has there been any good games in this niche since Startopia?

Offworld Trading Company is supposedly decent haven't tried it
Then there's stuff like Imagine Earth, Project AURA and Universim coming out but that's Early Access/ Kekstarter Cancer

So do you get all your info of DnD second hand, or what?

Isn't that pretty much an MP only game?

New Thread

New Thread

New Thread

New Thread