I.Ps that will probably get rebooted

Does Holla Forums have any predictions for future reboots?

I can see it now

That sounds believable sadly. Considering the past battletoads memes.

Even worse

Destroy All Humans. THQ Nordic publicly addressed the Plebbit thread about it and has made several comments about the series.

Dark and edgy reboot of destroy all humans?

Im gonna reboot ur mums pusdy XD

It's more likely to get the Saints Row 3/Dead Rising 4/etc treatment of "The devs don't understand comedy or game design at all, and will make a comical caricature of what they think people liked about the originals".

user…Sony already turned SOCOM into a COD clone, it is dead now

IPs that (won't) get rebooted.

Is that douchbag haircuts?

Probably. Have to look fashionable on the battlefield, fuck functionable armor and protecting yourself.

Ignore the shitty things that are bound to happen.

Two is still pretty active via tunneling software and recently a few fellow retards did some coop missions in Combined Assault.

It still hurts.

Platformers are dead

Samurai Shodown, Metal Slug and Art of Fighting looks like their on SNK's revival plans shortlist.

Activision isn't making those remasters for nothing. Give it two years and we'll have a new Crash game rushed out before it's finished and crippled by publisher demands, and the series will be dead, just like we all remember.

Good. Graves should be respected, or at least left alone.

man
i read the OP's subject field as LPs that will probably get rebooted

Daily reminder that 3 > 2 >>>>>>>>> 1

I just want to get comfy and tacticool with my friends.

3 suffers from having too many non-platforming stages. Literally half the levels, if you include Eggapus Rex (where the whole thing is on the dinosaur instead of just part of the level).

2 is too easy compared to the other 2. Some would argue Warped is easy, but good luck getting all the Platinum Relics.

1 is fun for its absurd difficulty, though the save system is pretty shit and pretty much everything except the difficulty was improved in later games.

All three have their charm. 1 is definitely more old school (including difficulty) though.

And CTR is the best one anyway.

The non-platforming levels were fucking great, and broke up the gameplay to keep it fresh and exciting. I fucking hate 1 for how shit the controls are compared to 2 and 3.

I like the non-platforming levels too, but not as much as the platforming levels. I wouldn't complain if they had all been regular platforming levels instead.

And 1's controls are good. These are literally my favorite games and I play them all the time, I can barely tell the difference in the controls. You just need to get good.

They probably turn crash into a clash of clans clone.

Go play them right now. It's the same shit. You have to be nitpicking really fucking hard to say one is shit and the other two are good when they're all practically the same.

Do you play with a dual shock? Using the D-Pad is better in that game.

It came out before the dual shock.

I was just playing them today.

1's movement is insanely clunky and rigid compared to 2 and 3.

This guy

Must be right. You're probably a fag that tries to play old games with joysticks instead of D-pads.

I did use a d-pad for it, and it felt clunky as fuck compared to 2 and 3.

Well you have brain problems, then. You have eight directions you can go with a d-pad. I don't see how that can be "clunky." Either you press one of those eight directions and you walk in that direction, or you don't. It's not like the game has some large input delay or something. You're just using buzzwords here, and frankly ruining a perfectly good game for yourself. Or just having trouble admitting that it was too hard for you. That's okay, it's a very hard game.

Wait, wait, are you unironically saying that the dpad controls in 1 are equal or better than the analog controls in 2 and 3?

So you're just shitposting. Okay, yeah we're done here. Enjoy your shit-tier dpad controls.

I'm unironically saying that I'm not a fucking babby who waited until getting a dual analog controller to play these games. At the time, most people would have played them all with d-pad. The Dual Analog controller was one I'd pick up when I happened to see a good deal later on, but considering Ape Escape didn't even come out until after Crash 3, and that's pretty much the only PS1 game that would really make you want a Dual Analog controller, it wasn't exactly a must buy. Even once I got one I'd continue to use the D-pad, because I had already beaten the games with it anyway. I wasn't about to change my playstyle now.

You're just a babby who probably never played games before the Xbox if you're unironically complaining about d-pads. Then you accuse anyone who isn't an underaged faggot of shitposting. Good job.

If it does, it's going to be a mobileshit "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS" cash in.

I'm fucking shit at SOCOM, how do I git gud?

Nigger why the fuck do you think Sony put out the first one back in 2002, one year into the fucking ((War on Terror))?

Protip: Nearly every military shooter in the 6th gen was meant to cash in on the (((war))) since it was in the news

My point was it was going to be overtly about "DON'T YOU WANT TO BE SO PATRIOTIC?" rather than not being creative and instead making games based on real world incidents.

That's exactly why the series was put out, kid. Doesn't matter how overt it is as Sony just wanted to make a buck on how cool war is, just like Activision would do with Modern Warfare.

Meant for

Yes, but those are still games, not mobileshit to make slacktivists feel better about being fatasses and not actually doing something for their community. And it does matter how overt it is, otherwise people wouldn't complain about hamfisted characterizations in games or plots that get shoved down your throat. They saw a real-life event, turned it into a fun game and in return for their effort, wanted to get paid. Dunno why you have a stick up your ass about someone else making money.

It'll happen when EA finally finds a way to properly milk it after the absolute failure of that browser-based MMORTS and their last attempt to reboot by re-purposing "Generals 2". I'll probably be crying into my pillow when it finally happens.

Implying the PS2 originals weren't, which they were.

I'll agree that the PS2 originals were good about this

I don't have a problem with Socom, my problem is you seeming to think SOCOM was never about cashing in on renewed American patriotism because of 9/11, war on terrorism, etc. because it always and a mobile game wouldn't be any different than that.

Funny coming from you whos upset someone could hypothetically make money off the franchise by exploiting it on mobile. Whats your problem with people getting paid user?

You should pretty much include everything Star Wars related vidya apart from EAFront. Seriously what the actual fuck has EA done with the Star Wars IP apart from sink the TORtanic a second time and barely break even with their shit Battlefront?

They're making "Battlefront 2 (2).exe" with more features from the former series that were left out of the last game because cost-cutting and other jewingcreating a fuller multiplayer experience. There's also that 1313 game that was cancelled but may be brought back.

Considering EAFont actually barely broke even if I recall in terms of shekels they spent on it and expected off it I am actually surprised they are going for an EAFront 2, unless they are just going to reskin Niggerfield and call it a day.

Like that one call of duty IOS game?

In singleplayer and coop - go slow + work as a team.

In competitive multiplayer play it like a 3rd person Counter Strike.

I don't see them redoing Rogue Squadron but Jedi Knight as a For Honor clone is a definite possibility.

There's always H-Hour, if you hate yourself. Its a fucking mess, but very addicting.

They already did a trial with Battlefront X-Wing VR thing, where you play a fearless female rookie pilot who kills entire Star Destroyer and all it's TIEs in combat.

If there's one IP I don't want to get rebooted, it's Ape Escape.

JUST GIVE ME A NEW GAME SONY

Considering it's not like Ape Escape is built upon deepest lore, it probably wouldn't make a difference. Ratchet & Clank has deeper lore and it's not like rebooting it ruined it.

I mean it's not like you could make an Ape Escape that wasn't super duper anime kawaii. And if they did try to make a grim and gritty ape escape or something, i'd be intrigued for the novelty.

The point is, I'll take a new Ape Escape in any form, as long as it were an actual platformer and not one of the stupid spinoff minigame collections or some shit.

As long as the first fables lore doesn't get retconned I don't see how it could get any worse.

If they could just make Fable 1 but better I'd be fine with that.

serious answers:

though im not sure another geam will ever actually get released im certain legacy of kain will get at least another attempted reboot within the next few years

I think if I was Bethesda I'd wipe the slate clean in the next TES game, call it a dragon break and go back to the Daggerfall era as a reboot not a sequel star trek style; though I may do that after the next title, not AS the next title.

most people in their 20's grew up with crash bandicoot and it has had no update in a long time, making it a perfect storm for internet hype, pretty sure travellers tales and vicarious visions both got gutted, and have not done anything noteworthy in the last decade
travelers tales has only made lego games for 10 years
oh shit this is probably going to happen anyway because VV is set to release a remaster of the first 3 games in June, expect talk of a reboot to start after that

Holla Forums level answers

lel make spyro with a proud female Nubian cast of characters who speak Swahili, instead of spines down Spyro's neck there are now dreadlocks. the merchant is now a happy merchant

I wish someone would do a Darkwatch reboot. That game was a little jank but I had a lot of fun with it.

Darkwatch probably be turned into a far cry clone.