DESYNC

I want this low poly with flat shading meme to die already.

This pretty much looks like that one other roguelike FPS with low poly and flat shading that was supposed to be a first-person Binding of Isaac.
I forgot it's name, but I remember it was the game of one of the devs who said he'd kill Gayben and in turn got his game removed from Steam.

System requirements? What's that? The game runs fine on my GTX 1080 and i7, optimization is for poorfags.

That's hardly even low poly at that point with all the needless complexity and chamfered edges on the weapons

Paranautical Activity

Yes, that was it. I wish indie devs would make games that are easier on the eyes. All this bright neon shit will probably blind me.

STRAFE is releasing next month.

Make up your minds, fags

You realize that modeling, animating and texturing takes time. One way to save time for small non-AAA devs is to do low-poly, flat shading. What would you suggest as an alternative that allows the same amount of time saving?

Please leave

It looks more like Heavy Bullets than Paranautical Activity to me.

There's a difference between good low-poly models and faggots who suddenly realize that flat shading exists. Minecraft-style models don't even count as low-poly since their blocky style inflates the triangle count where smooth shading and fewer tris would do the job better.

We should really stop giving them the satisfaction of even calling this lowpoly. We need another term.

Paranautical activity?
Yeah that guy was the director
Basically didn't do shit except complain and got kicked from the project by adult swim.

Loweffort?

>>>/cuckchan/

Looks fine to me
You don't know what that means apparently.
Look at Heavy Bullets if you want low poly, this game has a shitton of polygons, you're rightabout the flat surfaces, but it actually look like a stylization choice unlike the aforementioned laziness that is Heavy Bullets.

Speaking of low poly shooters

It already exists, and it's called flat shading. Both models have the same polycount, the only thing different between them is the shading method. Mind you, the smooth version could look much better if we made a higher-poly model and baked its normals to the original, but it still shows the difference that simply changing the shading method can make.
Authentic low-poly games weren't usually made with flat shading either, they used smooth shading and good textures to make the most of limited hardware resources.

I meant low poly as in the fruity "look mom, I discovered flat shading" meme.

This reminds the of a trailer for a shooter that came out yonks ago where the idea was that it was an arena shooter combined with a rhythm game or something.

dude chromatic aberration lmao

Go back you fuckimg retard
>>>/cuckchan/

How else are you going to enjoy our cinematic experiences if we don't expensively simulate cheap lens artifacts?

Make me.

the gaylords who make threads like this might as well be the same person

Add some curves and inclines, it just is boring looking at nothing but squares.

There really aren't that many games like this

kill yourself

There are like 2.5 games with that shitty art style, chill the fuck out autist.

uhh chromatic aberration is an inherent quality of all crt images due to the way convergence behaves. Nice job looking like a total retard.

kill yourself too