Let It Die

FRIENDLY WARNING: The PSN seems to be having occasional hiccups, so you should probably abstain from using TDM for today unless you want to risk losing a few items.

Also, the Tectonic Terror event has been extended, so today is another golden beast day.

The Tectonic Terror is just them bringing the usual noteworthy room tower rotations to people's attention.

Everyone here already knew about Okusa before tectonic terror.

Go there yourself and get hunted every floor afterwards for the next hour.

what changed in okusa during the event?

regular okusa has 3 golden snails 100% of the time, is there any change during the TT event? 6 snails or something like that?

No, no change at all.
That's what I'm saying. The devs just started bringing attention to these rooms that already existed with the same rewards and called it "Tectonic Terror"

clever move i suppose. Okusa having 3 gold snails 100% of the time isn't exactly telegraphed, you'd most likely need a wiki to find that out.

the rest of the stages were actually pretty good.
gyakufunsha day guaranteed you the shop with some green metals in Max's area.
money day allowed new players to get some decent cash.
skillshroom day allowed players to get skillshrooms that they wouldn't be able to get until much later in.

make the next thread in /svidya/. it'll last longer that way

also, while it lasts, has anyone found any yotsuyama chargers yet? i ran through floors 16-19 a couple of times today and none yet.

Hope I'm not speaking too soon, but the PSN seems to be working with no problems now. Thank God. No more death by disconnection.
My TDM play today has been a rollercoaster of ups and downs, but in the end I made some good profit. Best of luck to everyone else out there.

If there's a Hunter message popping up when you enter a floor, just go back and try again until there isn't. It takes some patience, but you ought to see a Charger eventually.

i didnt get a single "hunter" message and still got attacked by nothing but randoms and NPCs

Sadly, I guess the Chargers are getting rarer.
They're still out there, though. I ran into a few today on floors 12 and 13.

got any blueprints?

None so far, sadly. The game seems to hate me.

i just found 2 in a row, in the floors seyane/momohara

first one didn't drop, second one dropped a blueprint

anybody know where gyakufunsha is today?

well shit, i got 3 out of 4 hockey set blueprints in a few hours. one more to go and i'll have the full set

just found gyakufunsha in Hirotsuka F39 and spent 100k on materials.

maybe one day i'll be able to craft those jackal equipments

This game burnt me out, did they add anything new recently?

they fixed quests, i think all of them work as intended now, i did the "kill 0/30 with lightning weapon" today after having it active for like 2 months. so you can get a shitload of easy death metals now if you're willing to put up with the quests.

they also added the yotsu charger haters in jackson's area, they appear at random and wear a particular set of armor for which they drop the blueprints at random (including the saw viper, that chainsaw-stick that is hanging in the wall behind hitler).

i think the next major content update is in april.

quitting outside the base counts as a death

so then
would this work?

couldnt you just sacrifice your dude to enemies at that point?

something unbelievable just happened to me in game i found the last remaining blueprint of crowleys area in a regular red case in the Kanie F25 area. priced 120k in gyakufunsha

i just hit rank 70, maximum stronk

just got a reply from gungho, they told me the yotsu chargers are a limited time event, with no closure date good thing i already got all 4 blueprints

For anyone interested who wants the extra death metal from quests, the bat is perfect for the 10 perfect blocks in a row. Took 5 minutes, but I knew of no easier way.

the iron you dummy.

Steam Barrier has such a long window of perfect blocking that it might as well be a shield

I'm 25 floors in and still haven't found the blueprints, and i did not know that. It's a shame because I both love the iron and never knew it did that.

might want to make a couple of gyakufunsha runs for that blueprint. the rate at which it destroys enemy equipment is incredible.

and also, from 3 stars, it becomes the Death burner iron, which doesn't spit steam, but straight up flames, which put the enemy on fire, removing even more armor overtime. its truly a worthy investment my iron is one upgrade from maximum, death burner +4, im only missing 1 reversal metal and 1 DOD red

The trick is to just keep going back and forth between 2 small and easy floors.
Tata and Nutakoen worked well for me.

Grade4 fighter here, I crafted my first death burner recently thanks to that one red metal quest and it certainly lives up to the hype. Farming black metals is much less tedious now.

i got the full set already, but it needs a shitload of Milk green metals. thats something im gonna farm another day.

frankly, the regular +0 Apocalyptic set is far superior to anything you can find or build in Jacksons area, thats probably why its there. its a good set to help new players survive machete zone. the armor alone has a whooping 150 defense at +0. thats crowley-area tier. hence why its so good. a rank 3 with 1000+ hp and full apo +0 would most likely survive a machete combo or two. Im not so sure about the weapon, i haven't made it yet (needs DOD green), im itching to test the moveset out.

also, i just turned in the materials & lithium for the Death Burner +4, the ultimate Iron. imma just go to sleep and start re-gearing all my fighters in the morning.
this is the first item i upgrade to the maximum level. i beat the game already why can't i stop grinding

So does it have multiplayer/co-op yet?

I just assumed that those special blocks didn't count and did it with my bare hands.

Two questions: What are death metals good for outside of insurance? And when it is reasonable to use a death metal to bring back my guy? Bonus question: why the fuck does it let you throw offensive mushrooms when enemies are never outside of melee range.

any block that does the "0 damage" thing is a perfect block.

The crossbow Goretastic always brightens my day.

Death Metals are best used for expanding the storage box in your waiting room.
Also, every attack a melee enemy throws at you gives you just enough time to sprint away a few steps and throw a mushroom safely. This game requires quick thumbs. Get used to it, senpai.

too bad crossbow kind of sucks later, pitchball machine beats it out of the water

I'm having trouble going on. I finished Jackson's area, and suddenly all of my weapons and armor are obsolete. If 3 more hours of grinding doesn't do it, I'll probably stop playing.

H-how long did that take you?
I attempted doing i with my bare hands before I thought about using a weapon, and I gave up after 20 minutes.

what armor and weapons are you using at this point?

you should have a Jungle Machete E +4 and a Red Hot Iron + +4 at this point if you did the proper grind. try to beat GOTO-9 in Echizen-Jima so you can run to floor 25 and unlock the Rank 4 fighters.

maybe if you're very efficient at it. you should however dedicate more than that, 6-8 hours maybe.

if you run from Maka-Tsutsumi to Nokejiri and back you can probably get at least one or two of every tier 2 material + a green metal + you can kill goto 9 in maka-tsutsumi for an easy green candle wolf (any rank 4 fighter with candle wolf weapons can kill the first goto9 super easy) + possibly a transparagus (nokejiri has quite a good chance to spawn one)

And if you run from akami to kawabe and back, you'll get a few of every tier 3 material + a black metal + most likely plenty of Scratch Metals since there's a lot of tubers on the way.

your objective should be to get at least two or three MILK Black metals (as painful as running that chest is for you), in order to make the Cleaver Saber, the Motor Psycho, and the Pitching Machine. do NOT spend MILK Blacks in anything else for now. if you get any other black metals use them to upgrade your preferred weapons and armor.

The enemies do get a bit spongy at that point, but that shouldn't be a lot of trouble. Their retarded AI makes any 1v1 fight a breeze, and when in numbers they tend to hurt each other.
If you're still having trouble for some reason, you can always bruteforce your way up with Rage. Just put on a Wolf decal and farm as many Mouseshrooms as you can carry, and it'll be an easy climb.

Whats the lore behind tubers? Are they weapons made by that one group I forgot the name or are they just monsters?

It took me about 20 minutes.
I'll say, it was a great exercise in staying cool under pressure. I kept failing until I started telling myself that the next punch is just the same as starting from the beginning.
I just got a screamer pinned in a corner to keep them from strafing around and kept at it till I got it.

you're gonna have to find the yotsuyama catalog pages to know that. i mean geez the game gives you a damn book about them.

to know the final truth about tubers, finish the game. wouldn't be a good sport if i spoiled it for you.

again the Bat and the Iron R1 moves are defensive, the iron however has a longer window, its almost an entire second of defense, if you're hit anywhere within that frame you'll stun the opponent cuz perfect block.

its singlehandedly THE best way to counter Cleaverfags.

wew lad, its like you guys don't want to WIN

I'm just flat out broke. Talk to me in 4 hours of grinding and when im not using my designated haters as pack mules until I can upgrade my storage.

send more expeditions

I figured people do that because they're just in it for the mushrooms/beasts, and they're nice people.

Also, it's SO FUCKING GREAT when a Cleaver Saber hunter decides it wants to drop it's saber and pick up the 2-star assault rifle on the floor.
It's the best fucking feeling I've had in vidya for a long time; pure blissful relief.

i''ve had this happen to me once.

amazing AI

also, doesn't winning an expedition give you more rewards? i was pretty sure it did.

pc port WHEN
I want to play this so bad

what was the last SUDA game that got ported to PC?

Killer is Dead
The Silver Case
(soon) Fire Pro Wrestling

oh yeah. i totally forgot about KID. man was it a forgettable game. it lacked all of the spark that made no more heroes get its small cult following.

mondo was an unlikeable, grim, and boring protagonist and also turns out to be evil later, david was simply taking his place until he came back to his senses

Cool, I just got another one. Now I'm only one piece away from completing the set.

You know what's bullshit, though? Amid all the grinding, the Chargers still have a chance to drop blueprints you already got and no longer need. They don't even have a good resale value. Is this really the devs' idea of a fun event? Come on, Grasshopper, you can do better than this.

took me 7 drops to get the last blueprint., as in, 7 total, not 7 after the last drop of a blueprint i didn't have.

got pants, body, and mask in the first 3 drops, then repeats until the 6th, and viper in the 7th. i'll grind them someday after im done grinding masamune, the Hades knight set, and uncle's scythe.

its snail day faggots

you ready to invade Okusa?

oh for fucks sake, that wasn't the picture.

this was, it asks you for Steel in two different lines, and its not a typo, it actually needs steel two times for some reason.

Anyone know the genre let it dies BGM derives from? I love the dark horror neo 80s theme but I doubt thats the name of it its very unsettling and disturbing anyone know the name of the genre?

the BGM?

i mean, which BGM? you can set it up at the radio so there's no fixed BGM, and then each area has different themes.

The BGM for areas 1-10 it sounds silent hill esque

oh max's area.

you can look for that theme in the radio to know the specific name, and then search that up on jewgle or something. im not very savvy about music. sounds like some sort of trashy factory ambient theme.

Well the music director for Grasshopper Manufacture is Akira Yamaoka who is in fact the composer for Silent hill games.

does anyone know if the GIANT KILLER decal is effective on the jackals? they are after all Level200. so way above than +5 of your character

guys, what the fuck? did i hop to the berenstain universe again? its been okusa rotation for 2 days in a row.

its already wednesday, it shouldn't be golden animal day anymore, it should be Gyakufunsha day

i just changed to team Tokyo. fuck my country's team. look at those tokyo scores holy fuck

jesus fuck japan, calm your neets down

How do I git gud at invading?

depends on who you're trying to invade

DOMO, DOSUKOI

I'm thinking about doing the same.
Ever since the TDM patch, California can barely win a game against fucking Alaska.

TDM patch? what changed?

i thought fights were won by points

end my fucking life

Would a cpllaboration between SUDA 51 Hideyuki Shin and Yoko Taro be good?

they changed the TDM rank bonus again, gold is 4000 again instead of 4600

also i think they've fixed the blueprint droprate.

you know how after you find a set amount of blueprints, the chance of finding new ones becomes super small? well, i just made one boss-killing trip to gunkayama's and found not one but TWO ????? blueprints, which turned out to be paladin pants and iron eagle body.

As long as you don't put the programming decisions into SUDAs hands.

I swear he uses a dart board with random words taped to it when coming up with ideas.

he seems to have a mysticism-boner with the moon too.

the moon was a major plot point in Let it Die (only at the end tho) and KiD.

I beat 40F boss and uninstalled the game. Feels good to be free of a F2P game and 50 GB.

but did you have FUN

It was ok and fun at times I guess. I told myself to stop because beating the game too two hundred hours too long.

i've been playing for 2 months and a half now. i can't stop grinding those dank materials.

i send 6 1-hour expeditions at a time, wait the hour doing something else (in or off game), clean the spoils box, then send more expeditions. i repeat this cycle 3 to 4 times, and then collect all of the money (reaching 130k+) and do a quick Gyakufunsha run on gunkayama's area. kill all bosses except shit-die because she's a cunt, and run to gyakufunsha to spend my money on red metals and tier 5 mats.Occasionally invading people to steal their SPL for my upgrades.

at least i'll probably be ready for the horsemen when they come.

so hows the chainsaw viper? good moveset?

>mfw
>Aaah, if it isn't my favorite Pro

that was one stressing run.

also fuck whoever says the Motor Psycho isn't an amazing weapon. the rage move kills everything it runs over.

I hope that bitches voice was edited in some way
if that's her natural voice how the fuck does he keep it up?