Gaming laptops

Bongfag here. I've been told by my boss to get a laptop and expense it. I can't spend more than £250 though, which is ridiculously low, but whatever.

Any suggestions for a laptop that can handle games up to 2010 on that price tag?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Laptop_Buying_Guide
systemrequirementslab.com/cyri
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Go steal one.

Might have more luck on Holla Forums, one those consumer advice threads. 250 bong bucks wouldn't go too far gaymen laptops though, it'd either be a integrated-GPU thing with Intel and 10inch screen or a larger Dell thing with shit battery life.

I'd check out something like a used or refurbished Thinkpad W530.

It won't be very portable, but you can get them for cheap with dedicated graphics.

Hell no. Mine is 250€ and it is a potato

first mistake right here

maybe old games & VNs
but if you want to game on recent and/or demanding titles, that's retarded

that's also why you try to get used old models of thinkpads (not the current shitty ones) for instance

better off just looking for games that can run on potatoes, like dmc4

Don't expect to be able to run demanding shit with that price. Just get older video games to play on it and build a proper PC if you want something powerful.

this, they are always out of date. the only ones that are comparable to desktops cost more than used cars.

I don't know but I've some crappy 40$ 7" windows tablet with an intel atom Z3735F on a whim after some user boasted how he managed to make reading VN portable.

And I must say it's one of the best shit i've payed in my life:
>HOLY SHIT IT CAN RUN ARKHAM ASYLUM AT 30FPS MINIMUM

That last one was a recent discovery. I've been trying unreal engine games and most of them ran 30FPs below on low settings.

This OP has to be bait.

Bumping because I wouldn't mind a cheap non-gaming laptop for programming/gamedev toaster.

Something like 16" screen, battery life doesn't matter (~4-6 hours is plenty), 30-50 gb HDD is lots. Not a Chromebook.

Gaming on laptops is convenient when you're on the go, but they're frankly not fit for resource-hungry games (re: most modern games). Get anything with a decent processor and an average amount of ram, and it doesn't matter what you're buying. Do your research.

Also, don't buy Acer. Their hardware is so shitty, it is nothing short of a mistake.

That's true, NEVER buy Acer.

just buy an used one
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Laptop_Buying_Guide

An Asus x502ca would far exceed the shitty specifications you laid out. Approx ~300gb storage, 4gb ram, and a halfway-decent processor. Not fantastic for gaming, but decent for the cost. I got mine because I needed to do work on it and wanted something lightweight.

Sage for viral marketing

Well, what's it called?

For that kind of money, either get something chink or give up

Where the fuck do you work that your boss needs you to get a laptop but wont pay more than 250 dollary doos.

im gonna masturbate to that potato

Start up.

I can grab one of these for about 100 quid:

Dell Latitude E5510 i3 2.27GHZ 4GB Windows 7 250GB

Thoughts?

I think you will only emulate up to snes games with that, maybe even ps1
What else can you get?
Also use this to give you an idea of what your toaster can do
systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Cheers fam.

What about a ASUS ( Intel Core i7 4th Gen., 8GB) Laptop - N56JN

I can get that for maybe 150 quid.

I'll be honest, I play a lot of games on my Toshiba.
Yes it's probably worth somewhere around £400 (Uni gave it to me for free a few years back), but i still handles games.
UT games, any TBS, hell it even runs Elite Dangerous at a stretch.
It reaches maybe 15fps on a heavily modded game of Morrowind, but for most games, it's not unplayable.
It does mean that while my PC is mothballed at my parents' house until we can put it somewhere, I can still play games.

This looks like the right thread to ask in.

So next month I'm getting around 480$ that I can spend on anything I want and I'm thinking about upgrading my 750Ti what should I get ?
at first I was thinking about getting a new monitor since my current monitor is a shitty 1367*768 but I think a new graphic card is better.

My rig :
8GB ram
i7 4790K
GTX 750ti 4GB

????????????????

teeth or gtfo