Damn, I had no idea how innovative nuDoom's soundtrack really is. For the first time in video game history...

Damn, I had no idea how innovative nuDoom's soundtrack really is. For the first time in video game history, music is composed and arranged in systematic accordance to the pacing of the action. Polyphony isn't only applied to the tonality, but also the imagery of the game itself. This is literally Andrei Tarkovsky tier innovation of video game mechanics.

look i really like Raycevick, but delete this before the insulst come

Nah

what about killer instinct who had the same composer

Check em

Dubs

No check these

He hadn't discovered and implemented the formula yet.

What am I czeching

Reminder that Holla Forums is a shitty board and Mark is an incompetent fat kike.

Plebs, all of you.

checked

check these sick singles

FUCk

10/10

No need for the reminder.

except that's fucking wrong

worth noting that an autist did this for a sanic game some years back

I can't seem to find the video of it, but I know somebody did the whole "split the music up into chunks, transition smoothly" idea, in contrast to the "layering tracks" thing well before 2016.

Other games have their entire music composed, mixed, and arranged offscreen. nuDoom has a dynamic audio mixing mechanic for the score that responses to the player's actions and game's pacing. Watch the video, the music are broken down into chunks and there are 50 variations of each score.

What game was it? I'd love to see that.

nice

It was a big deal back in like 2006.

what
nigger that isn't a first
Yeah I googled it. I haven't watched Stalker yet but I do know that the original film was lost in a fire and the redid the entire thing in a quarter the time with zero budget because their communist overlords were probably going to execute them over losing all those funds so I imagine it was pretty fucking garbage cinematography-wise.
nigger you don't even know what you're on about, how can you even comment on the abilities of others if you can't even figure out how to make sense?
Someone post some waifu rolling image to save/kill this thread or something jesus.

dubs

Pretty sure Doom 3 had this shit in 2004.

op is millenial nigger dubs

You're thread and game are shit fuck off

Leave or webm

Lots of games have had this, and lots of people have claimed to be the first to develop something along those lines.
Most credible is probably George "The Fat Man" Sanger.

Now now, he can just be our daily zenimax shill.

Now now, he can just be our daily zenimax shill

Good going spic jew board owner.

check my single

The score is interactive, therefore it's a part of the interface. It means that it's a mechanic.

And the Tarkovsky thing, I compared it to how music blends with background noise and often even mimics and replaces it in his films. For instance, the train sound in Stalker is entirely made by synth and later distorted into an actual music rythm.

Would you mind to elaborate?

Any example?

Whiplash, amongst many others.

Yes, I think this game invented it first. I need more information though.

Sure:
Fuck off
>>>/reddit/
Kill Yourself

In that order

Why is everyone so perturbed.

What the fuck.

I didn't know that before. I never heard of that game.

Sanger frequently composed for Origin and Microprose, his most well known example of dynamic music came in the Wing Commander series, setting off a bit of a rivalry between himself and the LucasArts camp, who created iMuse to try and one-up him. Tie Fighter is a particularly good example of iMuse in action.

Why are you a pretentious faggot using 10 dollar words to make yourself sound smarter than you are about a game most people hear hate and doesn't do anything that innovative? Why are you a millenial who runs his mouth? Why don't you go back to reddit where you came from?

Stop spoonfeeding the redditor

A stick and honey get better results than a stick alone.

lmao 10/10 thread, I think he's actually serious too

We live in the age of the Internet with the ability to research shit on your own before running your mouth looking like an idiot. OP could've googled "dynamic sound in games" and done analysis and research before looking like a fucking moron here.

A stick alone can actually get shit done kill yourself.

Maybe he wants you to give him the stick

No i don't hand my stick to faggots or niggers, of which op is both

Alright, I never heard anything about this iMuse engine. Very interesting, thanks.

Vertical re-orchestration is a rarely implemented mechanic although not a completely original idea.

Fucking halo 3 did that shit, so it's not a new or complicated thing.

Damn, I had no idea how innovative these numbers really are. For the first time in imageboard history, numbers is composed and arranged in systematic accordance to the pacing of the dubs. Dubs isn't only applied to the trips, but also the imagery Patrick himself.
This is literally Patrick Bateman tier innovation of get mechanics.

This makes me more mad than the content in the video itself.

We're both off by one, brother.

IT
KEEPS
HAPPENING

>>>/n/

>>>Holla Forums

>>>Holla Forums

CONFIRMED

Its alright, but your getting yourself set up for insults

you might be right OP

the funniest thing here is, the exact same argument he used against DudeSex HR can be applied to DooD, the soundtrack is too fast for the game's pacing

You never played Need for Speed 3 OP?
Hell, even Warframe does this.
Why does OP always need to be a faggot?

Dubs
Kill yourself OP

(checked)

The game and music are shit and OP is a faggot, but that's still neat and I'd like to see something similar implemented in a better game. Even an Unreal-style system with tracker music that smoothly transitions from ambient to combat music depending on the player's actions or System Shock 1, where the music also changed depending on the player's health would be huge compared to the shit we're stuck with now.

stop bumping this shit thread

>This is literally Andrei Tarkovsky tier innovation of video game mechanics.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Please don't tell this thread was made by Hamburger "Todd Howard is the Tarkovsky of the industry" Hepler 2.0.

Fuckoff with that trash
Its almost as bad as Battlefield Juan, a WWI game, having a fucking White Stripes dubstep DJ garbage remix for trailer music and not far off soundtrack.

Its as soulless as the demons Doomguy kills.

Was making this shit a part of your plan?