Stupid decisions

But this is the worst
FUCKING BETHESDA

it does, I used to do full runs with absolutely no potions.

When you use powers other than blink or the seeing through wallks shit, it doesn't.

Never used anything other than those two because they never seemed worth it. Oh well, my bad.

There's a time stop and possession power, you didn't even get curious?

Dishonored could really be improved by removing the morality aspect, and incentivizing you to play around with your powers by giving you cool style rankings and shit for unique kills. The way it is now, it's a game with all this potential but none of it is harnessed in any meaningful way within the gameplay.

He probably didn't collect the thingies.
I'm probably like the 5 people who on their first playthrough collected most of the thingies and did nonlethal takedowns

Honeslty it should've been skate 3 but instead of cool, cuhrazee skateboard stunts, you have to do cool, cuhrazee assasin stunts.

Collected all runes and the upgrades. Never bothered with them except for movement, hp, blink and wallhacks.

Not really, wallhacks are overpowered enough.

Wow OP. The game easily could have been improved this way

But how?

But then the game would lose a lot of the verticality and strategy. It would just become a stealth-lite FPS.

In retrospect, I think the worst decision was marketing it as "open world" when the game was really just nonlinear. You can't return to previous areas without your progress getting fucked in the ass, and there's not a lot to explore.

Yeah, I really hate how my actions over the course of the game affected later missions and the ending. Definitely inferior to the "press a button to choose your ending" style of game, where the results are disconnected from everything that came before it.

Dragon's Dogma

Yeah, something like that would've gone a long way to improving the game.

Dishonored kind of goes out of it's way to discourage creativity, it's always more effective to just sneak up behind the brain-dead AI and choke them out or stab them to death, you don't really need anything other than blink and wallhacks to get by, thus, a lot of people don't bother with it.

Way to waste those dubs. Just because other games use a shit method of determining endings doesn't mean that Dishonored's is any less shit. In Dishonored's case, it's not just that the ending is affected by your bodycount, it's the fact that the game's entirely skewed in favor of lethal play while simoultaneously making nonlethal playthroughs dull as fuck due to your lack of equipment. Dishonored is already boring, so you can see where the complaints come from.

Load of shit.

I did a partial-run without the blink and still could get up to places because you can climb. It actually takes more strategy than pointing in a direction and pressing a button, then waiting 5 seconds for it to reload your mana before doing it again, because you actually have to look for shit to climb on to get up places. All the other abilities are so stupidly broken you can't even argue with a straight face they add more "Strategy".

They tried to do what Thief did and failed.

This thread has an unusually high concentration of REPEATING DIGITS

you can add spring water to the kept spoiled items to turn them into the fresh version

As much as I love Dragon's Dogma, the inventory management in general left a lot to be desired.
You can actually combine the spoiled kept items with spring water to purify them, but of course I didn't learn this until after having finished the game multiple times.

That didn't bother me, because I didn't feel the need to play it in a strictly non-lethal manner. The gameplay itself was fine, I was just unable to relax and enjoy it because my emotional fragility made me focus on worrying about whether or not the game would call me a good boy afterwards.

Well, I meant that I would be fine if they hadn't said "open world" when it came out, not that it needs to be an open world game, but that they should deliver on promises. Hey, but who cares? It's Bethesda we're talking about. Time to get back to the cuckshed.
(checked)

DD's crafting system is superfluous. I really don't understand why it's there. You just passively find items for upgrading except buckets, so it's not even a mechanic you have to actively engage with. It's just… there.
Same goes for games like the "new" Tomb Raiders. It doesn't add anything.

SHIT!

It would have been way better if crafting potions was cheaper in the long run, but almost any other plant is there to produce dessicated herbs or matured greenwarish in the end, there are group potions which are overshadowed by the ability to get spring water.

Because every triple A game has to have it, even if it has no place.

Spells were originally going to cost health, which would've been cool as hell both from a gameplay standpoint and from a lore standpoint.

The removal of the console really fucking sucks though. Can't add whalebone charms manually so if you want a particular playstyle eg stealth, and don't get the appropriate whalebone charms, then you're pretty much fucked.

Also, they came so close to having good stealth. Could have been a perfect stealth game if they did just a few things.

- Made shadows conceal you (they currently don't. Fanboys will disagree but I've played a fuckton of Dishonored because I do enjoy it somewhat and I know they absolutely do not conceal you).
- Add water arrows, ability to put out lights, guard ability to put them back on and increased alertness when they keep going out. Knockout items from DLC go into main game.
- Revert to spells costing health and make all spells cost a similar, high amount so they are only used in emergencies. Perhaps make offensive ones like whirlwind and rat swarm cheaper, while stealthy ones are expensive.
- All difficulties get the current max difficulty's damage levels; difficulty settings affect objectives and restrictions (eg loot requirements, no civilian kills, no kills at all).

There you go, would've been a contender with Thief. They had the atmosphere, the levels, the movement, etc - all that was really lacking was actual fucking functional shadows and not being able to just spam teleport and kill everyone if you do get caught.

You get a fuckton of potions though and have a good chance of finding the whalebone charm that lets you refill from any water fountain.

The actual abilities aren't even the Overpowered part, the buffs are, specifically agility
Agility lets you jump so high that you can literally drop assasin a group of 5 people while being in combat

Dishonored 2 fixed some of those problems.

Are we getting invaded by 4chan or something?

Blink is stupidly broken and they give that one to you for free. I remember the first time I quit this game it was because I literally blinked onto the ledge of a building and walked to the end of the level where you switch the drinks completely unopposed. There where even level transitions up there. I can only imagine how fucking OP the shit like wallhacks and possession are.

The second time I quit I did a no-spell run and it was still pretty easy, but quit because the game wouldn't stop whining about killing people. The knockout way is slow and not satisfying as something like the blackjack from thief. The stabbing and killing made it fun, but then the game has to go and spawn zombies and remind you around every corner how you're fucking it up. Just all around not fun.

Why is that a bad thing? It makes sense that the city would go to shit when you've murdered half the guard force.

First off, I heard on here the "Killing people is bad" shit was shoe-horned in at the last minute because Bethesda wanted to have moral choice garbage, although that's probably speculation. Shit like knock out darts make the fun part of stealth (outmaneuvering your enemy) effortlessly easy to where you don't even think about it, but then having to make sure he's not touching the ground extends the tedious part of having to hide him somewhere. Knocking out guards from behind takes like a solid second, which makes each one tedious, yet stabbing them takes a fraction of a second and is more fun, but has no real upside because the time frame is minuscule. It's just fucking broken. Even normalfags admit that getting a perfect score it's more tedious than fun. Also a lot of people have a natural incentive to want to do things the right way, not the cheap dirty way. Being constantly reminded "You're cheating" spoils the fun and makes you think "I should be doing this the right way" except the right way is just broken and boring.

Funnily enough another game made by this studio, Dark Messiah, was not only a better game than Dishonored. It was a much superior stealth game, and stealth was the most gimped part of the game. You could basically do whatever the fuck you wanted as long as you got through the level.

Dishonored was medicore at best anyway.

The buffs aren't really overpowered. I do agree that drop attacks are a problem; you should be subject to enemy attacks while doing them. But blink is by far the biggest problem with the game, and in and of itself it would be ok if it just wasn't possible to use it so easily and often.

/thread

you are really flattering it. It was boring as fuck

Seriously you guys will always complain…

End yourself

Shadow of mordors last dlc. It is not fun removing all your power ups, it sucks horse dick