Why does real combat footage look nothing like call of duty or battlefield?

Why does real combat footage look nothing like call of duty or battlefield?

Other urls found in this thread:

half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Hazardous_Environment_Combat_Unit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they are fucking games you retard and actual combat isn't fun at all.
Some sims have a slightly closer experience to the real thing.

Also why do Marine special forces don't even look nothing like they did in half life? half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Hazardous_Environment_Combat_Unit

Counter-Strike has the most realistic combat gameplay in my opinion, because it encourages you to actually stick to a vantage and aim like in a real war instead of running and spraying everyone

that's not Insurgency

dubs

Because that's footage of a US marine. Combat between arab insurgent groups looks a lot like a Call of Duty match, if you ask me.

You make a good point, but Insurgency wins like said, mostly because the guns in that game behave like actual guns.

Things like Arma + mods are about the closest you're likely going to get.

Why are your threads so shit OP?

LEARN ENGLISH YOU FUCKING NIGGER

Bullets are invisible to the naked eye, enemies are usually really hard to see, and stock footage of combat focuses on whoever the cameraman is with at the time.

It really does. Watch the headcam footage of insurgent fighters and they run around close quarters spraying machine guns at each other.

Why do good threads look nothing like this one?

This , if you want to play a FPS that is a realistic as possible while not being as boring and fatal as the real thing play ARMA without respawns.

Lifes gritty, and games are suppose to make you want to reply them

Not always

You make good points. But I was talking purely gameplay itself. Not how in-depth the gun physics themselves are. CS games play out fairly close to a real tactical combat situation wither or not the guns themselves are all that realistic

Because how can the military and elite propagandize wars for Israel to the young goyim if it looked real and therefore boring? Not to mention the reality of getting shot against a game.

Is this bait?

That's because Afghanistan isn't a war. Watch Iraq war videos if you want to see some videos worth mentioning

well, guns are practically hitscan over small distances like in CS. I wouldn't say that CS is "realistic", as it is not a simulator nor does it try to be, but it gives an experience closer to realism than most games. Go for ARMA etc for realism.

How do the tactics in LoU Factions compare? Third person corner viewing and pace aside.

And probably more I've forgotten.

repeating numerals

b8 or down syndrome, can't tell which

no longer feasible to do in a normal game, reserved for fun gimmick maps with modified physics
what is wrong with this?
only used to boost people which you also would do in real life
doesn't work anymore

(assuming you mean the most recent iteration, CSGO)

I no longer play it, I never said the game is realistic, and none of these issues make the game shit. Simply pointing out why these are irrelevant in the current state of the game

[UNDERAGED POSTING INTENSIFIES]

Because real combat would be fucking boring to play. Even games that get mildly close like Arma take special forms of autism to enjoy and they aren't 100% realistic.

combat sucks in real life, that's why they have to throw so much money, free accommodation and other benefits at you to entice you into doing it

vidya combat is unrealistic, overblown and heavily streamlined to make it fun, that's why you have to pay the devs to do it

it would be cool with somekind of permadeath/ ironman rules, would make it really intense

Yeah that sounds like fun.
Same reason there is no realistic sniper game.
Shit is boring and cant be condenced into an hour or less without ending up with something like arma.

What are games where the apparel/fashion doesn't have any tacticool desert tan camo with picatinny rails and decked-out guns. Something with simple vest and ski masks and black helmets like .

The only games that try for some small amount of realism while still being fun (for non-autists) are tactical shooters, and those are dead.

why does plumbing not look anything like mario bros?

I like Red Orchestra, it seems like the biggest departure from realism in it is that players are far more aggressive than soldiers would be. That said, IRL battles in Stalingrad had hundreds or thousands of casualties over single buildings, and shit like the rail station changed hands multiple times in a single day, so maybe that kind of shit did happen on the eastern front.

This. A thousand times this.