Videogame frustration

You people don't understand
Picture very much related, along with Tower of Guns and other piece of shit "games". Do people not play test their games for longer than a hour or something? I am quite glad I pirate.

I never felt any kind of motion sickness while playing tower of guns, maybe you're just a fag.

I never understood this. Even playing around with VR, I never felt any kind of motion sickness.

Checked

Apparently, it is the result of a disconnect between you sense of vision and your sense of hearing, with some people being more sensitive than others.

Guess you're just a little bitch, op.

The only time I ever felt motion sick was from he headbobbing animation in STALKER, but I eventually got used to it.

The only game that ever gave me motion sickness was Aleph One, the Marathon port.
I guess it just hit the right spot of framerate, sprites and level design that makes me unable to play it for more than 15 minutes.

Only time I can remember getting sick was the 2009 Wolfenstein game. Strict as fuck console FoV and massive headbob.

My motion sickness is getting worse as I get older. I can't even play Splatoon anymore, and most horror games rely on "spokky low fov" and so they're out too. :(

it's a disconnect between your sense of balance and motion, which is in your ears so you're in the right area just not the function
there's even people that get it from looking at moving pictures on a screen, or riding in a car
why developers even listen to these people one could only speculate about who am I kidding, they do it because they think it'll give them more money

I don't know about motion sickness but that pallet plus the lighting looks like a headache.

Jesus user how old are you to have your eyes/ inner ear degrading like that? Visit a doctor about that.

I'm 33. Eyesight is still 20/20 but I've always gotten car sick and stuff, it's just been getting much worse lately.

Maybe you should take some anti motion sickness pills before you play? 33 seems hardly the age for it to start worsening.

Once I've played Slime Rancher for 14 hours in a row, stop being such a fag.

Yeah I've taken travel sickness meds before playing and it helps, it's just annoying to do. Gonna ask the doctor about in in my checkup this week.

Well good luck user. Speaking of shit like this, I always wondered what I'd do if I lost an arm or my eyesight or hearing.

I got motion sickness playing Halo and Gunman Chronicles back in the days, but only these two games out of dozens of other FPS. I suspect it's a matter of mouse sensibility which makes U-turns too fast.
I've heard candied ginger works, but it's probably just a placebo.

Maybe if you spoke a bit louder…

I don't have motion sickness because I'm not fucking weak.

The only game I've ever had motion sickness from was Doom.

Have you tried not being Asian?

motion sickness aka little baby bitch syndrome

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Have you tried being white?

Feels good tbh

you didn't had to but you did it anyway

It had to be done.

Not their fault you have cripple eyes you genetic failure

If NASA and RosCosmos studies can be applied more broadly, and I think they likely can, it's roughly 50/50 split in people who will have strong 'motion' sickness from this kind of visual input and who wont.
Other option is that OPs actually have some kind of pre-migraine symptoms, or extreme eye fatigue and needs to drink more water, try some ibuprofin and adjust the light where he's playing his games. (and use something like f.lux on his pc)

I only get motion sick on select stages when playing sa2, but luckily you can finish the game fast enough that you can recover mentally in the next stage. I can't think of any other game that gave me that kind of motion sickness other than a really rare game of quake

apparently the camera in FF12 made a bunch of japs sick which is why it was changed into crap in 13. just bizarre.

The gamecube version of Spyro has such a janky camera and inconsistent frame rate that it can actually cause nausea.

The closest I ever got to motion sickness was playing GoldenEye 64 as a kid (every time I played it I ended up getting a massive headache, but never actually got 'sick' from playing it).

Of all the games I know, so far Trackmania has been the only one to give me motion sickness. Might be the disconnect between the car and the camera.

>My mother would get motion sickness from playing Chex Quest

GO LIFT SOME WEIGHT FAGGOT, WORK OUT.

Literally how though? Is it because of all the crazy post-processing effects or the fact that some of the tracks are visually like riding an intense roller coaster?

I used to get motion sick from games with too much fucking motion blur. That stopped happening when I stopped playing console games that do this and moved to pc where I can disable that shit.

videogames are not for you

Capitulation to motion sickness fags is what killed VR. Instead of god-tier games where you can move around with WASD but have full head-tracking 3D immersion, you have point-and-click-to-teleport casual shit.
The very first thing I played in VR was Alien Isolation - a mediocre game by itself - but in VR it was fantastic. Camera control was linked to both the mouse and the HMD, so you could quickly turn, but you could also look around. Movement was standard WASD and you can't go wrong with that. You could also physically lean your body to look around corners, or stand up out of your chair to peek over table tops and shit. It was extremely impressive and felt very realistic, right down to the heart attacks induced by the alien charging directly at your face at 30mph in fully immersive VR. Never shit myself harder than AI:VR.
That was the first and last game that ever attempted to do VR properly like this - as a peripheral extension to enhance existing vidya. Everything else just tried to pawn VR off as a dedicated platform, and they all went the casual route because they figured everybody would get motion sickness or some shit. It's fucking disappointing as hell, but not the least bit unexpected.
The AI devs even disabled the VR code before launch, and it had to be manually activated in the game's config files just to make it work. Despite how wonderfully it worked, they never bothered to re-implement it officially or update it to work with subsequent versions of the VR software. So the one decent VR endeavor was dead before it was even born.

VR never fucking ever.

Nice dub dubs

Observed.

That's why I disable most if not all of the special visual effects as soon as I start up a new game
Motion blur is a fucking meme, and a shitty one at that

I got pissed when i would forget to save in games. Totally drains me

Because people who get motion sickness in VR is about 75% or more depending on the game.

CHECK MY MOTHERFUCKING QUADS NIGGER

Motion sickness only affects the weak.

try smoking weed

That 75% was pulled out of your butthole or you actually have a source to back it up?

tbh these are things that would be incredibly easy to fix if we weren't living in a world where developers think it's acceptable not to publicly release their SDKs

Those fucking elevators man