TV Mode Not Supported in All Nintendo Switch Games

SWITCH CONFIRMED TO BE A PSTV RIP OFF

nichegamer.com/2017/02/27/tv-mode-not-supported-nintendo-switch-games/
archive.fo/FukUf

Well, if the game wants touchscreen controls, they need you to be able to use the touchscreen.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the HDMI port accessible? You can just run your own cable and use the Switch tablet like the Wii U tablet.

Humph, disgusting.

The Wii U's full functionality was underused as well. Two screens yet most devs were too fucking lazy to put menus or map on the gamepad.

Breaking News: Developers are lazy as fuck.

What an amazing thing this is shaping up to be

everything about this console just makes me believe they're banking on the hope that it sells like a handheld in that one house will have multiple ones for each kid rather than just one in the living room.

Oy vey!

Why doesn't Nintendo just stop making consoles and stick with handhelds, they clearly have no clue what they're doing.

Jesus, Nintendo. We used to like you because you had standards.

When? Fucking WHEN did Nintendo have standards?

Nobody knows.

They learned a lot during the NES era, when standards became pretty well defined for the big N. I'd say SNES-N64 era peaked, then some decline starting with the GC forward, when they made the decision to just go with the gimmick of the year (or be "trend setters" if you are a Nintendo apologist). Nintendo is known to let games incubate well past any expected release date to get it right.
So, 1988-1995 or so, just off the cuff.

I'd say dead on arrival, but retards are going to buy this shit regardless

Paid online on top of that for a fucking handheld system. I still have no idea why it takes Nintendo so long to learn from their mostames.

The Switch is a transitional device serving as Nintendo's "graceful" exit from the console business. It's pretty obvious fam. The next Nintendo system will either be a full handheld or there won't even be a next Nintendo system and they'll become purel mobile developers.

Funny how Nintendo got BTFO by a newcomer in the space of a single gen and never recovered.

That's what they did though. The Switch is a tablet, not a console.

SoJ also pounded their ass raw in the 5th gen. Nintendo lost it hard.

That label just means the developers paid them a hefty licensing fee, and that all the icky parts are censored out.

See

This is a non-issue and it sounds like you're just hating it for hates sake. There's plenty of other issues to shitpost about, like NO GAEMS

Thats the saddest thing
The Switch is literally a Nintendo branded Tegra Tablet.

Yeah, but the Playstation division actually had merit back then, unlike today.

Zelda launch title for Playstation 5?

No.
The Zeldo Killer, rated 11/10 by IGN, Kotaku, GameSpot and NeoGAF, Horizon Zero Dawn, however, will have it's 3rd sequel out for the PS5Pro+ Extra Edition.

Disgusting.

I'm glad I hardly play video games anymore.

That's a funny way to spell 3rd.

I'm just here for (you)s and stealing memes to farm karma on reddit.

Nigger I enjoy games developed for IBM based PCs/Home Computers as well, but lets not be delusional now.

atleast they didn't have to remodel anything post-launch to sell it.

Yes, but only on the dock - and apparently none of the other ports on the tablet are usable for HDMI or video output.

Nice double dubs, but if that's so, how is the HDMI signal getting to the TV?

Even if there's a proprietary HDMI-to-NintendoPatentedInput, it will take minimal effort to reverse engineer a small adapter that plugs in to the thing.

Check the cyclical

IT'S LITERALLY THE NEW 3DS

Wasn't the PS1 mostly stolen (Via patent) chips? Hardly a "newcomer".

This is a non-issue.
Try playing that without touch controls. It makes sense

Came to post something like this. This thread is Neogaf tier, having a restrictive policy in place which forced TV mode would be as retarded as the ps4's policy that all games must have trophy support (which is why there are no ps1 classics on ps4). This is just there so mobile devs can port their shovelware to the Switch Eshop, obviously all AAA games will make use of TV mode.

I want someone to make a game that *only* supports TV mode, just to rustle some jimmies.

lol.

Holla Forums was a mistake.

Yeah, you tell em. That symbol means one thing: quality.

You know that game is really clever in it's concept it just ended up not being very fun. Nightmare on Elmstreet did the concept right, or better at least.

This is a non-issue.

I might just pick this up again.

That's the mistake everyone made back then. Sony was a newcomer in consoles, yes – but a veteran in high-end computing. The PlayStation owes much to their experience with the NEWS workstation line.

It's just like when sonyggers said that the wiiu somehow ripped off the vita
you guys really love that thing

The seal was only there differentiate legit copies from the bootleg copies circulating around. It has no bearing on the quality of the game in the cartridge.

what are they thinking?

There are many good reasons to shit on the Switch but this isn't one of them. If a game is made for touch screen, this is the only way. This will only apply to handheld tier games. What IS a problem is the abysmal battery life.

This annon has a good point

I just realize nobody gonna use the touchscreen for anything now because its gonna make playing on TV completely impossible. Didn't anyone at nintendo think about this?

Calling it now, no dev gonna make use of the touchscreen

Capacitive touchscreen isn't good for games anyway. The Vita had hardly any games that require the touchscreen too.

Bumpu

For what purpose you nigger?

MOBILE DIED YEARS AGO, APPS ARE TIME WASTERS NOW

If you want the joycons to work 100% of the time just disable TV mode, easy peasy.

So it's not a console but also not a handheld except when it explicitly is?

Sounds like you worked on these games and won't accept responsibility.

Can't wait for the avalanche of horrors tomorrow

Prepare for the poorfag shitposters who are going to have the worst case of sour grapes in a long time.

I'm just here to shitpost and laugh at the fags who still have hope.