Mr Shitface, True to Form

archive.fo/GCXF7

Instead of working on Psychonauts 2 that they got all that funding for, Double Fine have made a VR tie-in for what seems to be no reason other than to jump on the VR bandwagon. Does this idiot know how to do anything other than squander money?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/GLxFk
archive.is/Fj3TH
twitter.com/AnonBabble

leddit never learns. worse than manlets.

Or it is to remind people of the psychonauts brand. There are less expensive PR stunts, sure, but that's far from the most egregious shitface has done.

Quite late to the party, aren't we?

archive.is/GLxFk

Basic arithmetic

Reminder to shit on his enablers above all else

No. Next stupid question

Still giving Shitface money in this day and age.PT Barnum was right, there's a sucker born every minute.

user…

Bobby did nothing wrong

Mr. Shitface pls go and stay go

see

I guess Schafer and the VR fad do have something in common. They both promise something amazing and under deliver on those promises and get little in return.

That's not the worst way to spend several millions really.

I like the art style, but production values are abysmal.

I want to shit myself.

Psychonauts is the ugliest game ever made.

See for more cancer.

inb4:

yep. didn't think to check the VR thread for info. first time I'd checked the gaming news in a while. fugg

Look on the bright side OP, you got dubs while I… pic related and we have a designated shitting on Shitface thread among some others that just have it as a side dish. Still a good day if you ask me.

Q&A

Does this mean Tim Scams can get really fuck up and Double Fine may explode from debts or something?

So if we send this to the FTC, will Shitface go to jail? It's unlikely but it would make for some interesting theatre.

How does the shell company structure work?

Step by Step:
0) Loose Tooth establishes and provides initial funding for Fig Publishing, to be paid back at a later date.

1a) Fig Publishing gets money from crowdfunding "investors."

1b) Fig Publishing also gets money from unknown, unnamed investors via Fig Productions. The details of this arrangement remain undisclosed.

2a) Fig Publishing pays back its debts to Loose Tooth.

2b) Fig Publishing then diverts a portion of its remaining funds to Fig Grasslands, the company in charge of funding development for the games under the Fig umbrella.

3) Fig Grasslands, through its own internal management, divides funding between the companies and games under its auspices–one of them (and the subject of this chart) being Double Fine and Psychonauts 2.

4) If all goes well (since there's no legal recourse if all doesn't go well), Double Fine makes Psychonauts 2 and releases it on the market. It generates X dollars in revenue.

5a) A portion of X revenue goes back to Double Fine.

5b) Another portion of X revenue–we'll call it Y–goes back to Fig Grasslands.

6a) Fig Grasslands starts paying off its service fees. A portion of Y revenue goes to Loose Tooth.

6b) With its service fees paid, Fig Grasslands pays the remaining portion of Y revenue–we'll call this Z revenue–back to Fig Publishing. This is the cut that will theoretically make its way back to investors.

7) Nobody knows what deal Fig Publishing has with Fig Productions. An unknown cut of Z revenue goes back to Fig Productions, with the remainder of Z revenue going back to the crowdfunding portion of investors who meet the federal standards for qualifying as private investors. Crowdfunding investors then, in theory, get a cut of a cut of a cut of a cut of the pie as thanks for giving Mr. Shitface a projected three-year interest-free loan and trusting him to deliver a project on time and within budget.

Yes you only get your money when everybody else got their money back.
And only if this game sells three times more than the previous one for full price.
You are 500$+ to be the last part of a human centipede.

Somewhere in the phone-book of Figs contract, they can also use backer money to specifically fund legal defense against accusations of fraud IIRC.

Tim is the reason harsh publisher deadlines exist. The man can't avoid squandering money without an executive peering over his shoulder. Now that he's gone 'independent', there's nothing holding him back from going full faggot.

How the fuck is any of this shit legal?

it probably isn't and he has connections with financial agencies to keep law enforcement off his back.

Mr. Shitface is the kind of guy who fuck up things so much that he makes someone like Bobby Kotick sound reasonable.

LUCKY DUBS

He fired all of his programmers and talent and kept only the diversity hires so their PR photos would look good.

Shitface has always been an incompetent idiot with money.

Doublefine means you pay twice.

IIRC, they were specifically trying to plug that loop hole while Fig was being set up.
I guess it never passed.

Yes, I recall in those threads someone pointed out a bit of fine print saying that some of the contributions would be put towards an insurance policy that would provide legal protection were the game cancelled.
Contributors are literally paying for Shitface to not be obliged to deliver. It's downright cartoonish.

I like the original Psychonauts.
But I won't play Psychonauts 2. I won't even pirate it.

Let's not forget that the Psychonauts 2 shitshow already began, when it turned out the much-ballyhooed investor scheme was much, much worse than advertised.

archive.is/Fj3TH

I'm just waiting for the inevitable release date pushback.

So, practically nothing?

That's kind of the point. They drastically inflated their sales numbers by including humble bundle sales and presented them in a way that made it look as if they received full profit on each and every copy that was given away in a bundle or sale to total up to millions.

It's part of the scam.

RO is "return on investment." It applies to any return, not just interest income.

t. financefag
Polite sage for doublepost.

*ROI

fuck me

Are you qt?

Epic. Simply epic.
I love it when something is defined by one thing and one thing only, and that one thing is the worst thing imaginable to work with for an extended period of time.

Okay, sweetie~

a fool and his money are soon parted
t. shitface

Todd's at least smart enough to know that if he acts like a self-absorbed faggot he'll lose any charm he actually has.

SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH, NOW I WON'T BE ABLE TO FORGET THIS SHIT

Powerful people (not some 2 bit numale gamedev like Schafer) make use of it and they actively work against these loopholes being closed. All companies work on loopholes at some point, everyone knows they're there, just that nobody wishes to close them because it's better to put forward a proposal, take the bribes to retract it, and go back to the status quo.

t. someone who has used quite a few loopholes.

He's also pretty good at eating and prepping the bull.

I've bought Psychonauts before he went to shit, I feel really bad about that now.

the game was good, separating creator and product is important.

I'd say he's a cross between an idiot and a scumbag. He probably didn't mean to mismanage his pre-fig games, but coming up with fig isn't something a retarded person would do.

Same