Tales of Berseria: Denuvo stays

So, despite Denuvo being BTFO and Tales of Berseria already cracked, The PR Manager on the Steam Forums for the game officially announced that they are not going to be removing the DRM from the game.

Kimundi on the Steam Forums made this statement.
"I'm a bit more than just a "PR person", but I won't take offense :p

I've let this thread up to allow people to share their minds and to disagree. However, please stay courteous (even for those defending our position). I really hate locking down thread and punishing people for speaking their minds, but as we say in French, "My patience also has limits".

To answer the most burning question: no we are not planning to remove Denuvo. Even I, as a Community Manager, am not asking for it.

I browse community channels everyday: Steam, Gamefaqs, Reddit… I'm in contact with a lot of players directly. I have seen ZERO issues caused directly by Denuvo. It's well implemented, it did its job for a reasonable amount of time, and it's still protecting the game in a way.

Currently, removing Denuvo is out of the discussion. I don't like speaking in absolutes, because if one day there's a real issue caused by Denuvo, I will be the first one to put as much pressure as I can to fix it."

This is despite several threads, one of which currently over 400 posts, demanding Denuvo be removed from the game.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kimundi
fr.linkedin.com/in/gaëtan-gireme-73948712
whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

and nothing of value was lost

Who cares?

eat shit weebs thats what you get for being race traitors

This.

Well I'm going to buy Automata for PC denuvo or not, but tales anything is fucking nothing.

That fucking piece of shit completely abandoned the Xenoverse 2 forum and claimed he was "just a PR person I only say what the devs say" constantly.

jeez its just a hack n slash with a waifu bait, stop supporting shitty DRMs and wit for crack

U wot m8?

Eh who cares, we already got the game with all the dlc.

What's the issue?

Still, wait for the crack. It'll be like 2 weeks, more then likely. Don't give those fucks your money.

only to see what the PvPfags are currently bitching about, or to see if someone else has similar issues like the game constantly fucking crashing mid-gameplay ever since the first DLC came out

twitter.com/kimundi
LOL
This is what is talking shit right now.

wew

My god, you can taste the cancer…

I checked who he was following and I almost puked, god damnit user

Is that his power word? Is he THIS retarded?

It would probably cost them more money to actually get rid of it to be fair. Are people who've paid for it actually being fucked over by it or is it just rabble rousing for the sake of it?

You are beneath me.

>be a colossal fucking cuckold, keep useless anti-piracy software, keep giving Denuvo money

A lot of people are saber rattling on the Steam Forums for the game, refusing to buy until it's removed.

Wow, I didn't even see this. My "colossal fucking cuckold" description was dead accurate.

Yes he is
fr.linkedin.com/in/gaëtan-gireme-73948712
LOL
What a sad resume

Yeah, Denuvo is obviously dealing in something more than fucking DRM, but wont admit to it. They're up to something. Likely they funded this thing rather than the opposite.

So why don't they just fucking pirate it then?

Some people still apparently hope that publishers will realize there is money in providing quality service to their customers instead of fucking them as hard as they can.

They'll learn.

why would anyone hire these idiots is beyond me

nepotism

Uhm isn't this obvious? Do games ever get their copy protection removed after they're cracked? Is Netflix going free now because all the shows are on torrent sites?

Steam.dll was cracked ages ago and it's still there.

nu-Doom removed its denuvo after it got cracked

>>>/suicide/

Didn't Toot magically start running better with Denuvo removed, on top of that?

Pure coincidence

I'd give this fuck all of my money.

Fuck Denuvo. It really needs to die.

That knight is getting cucked by a fat greasy italian

I type how I think it's an old 90s forum thing sorry for triggering you (not really).

Cool didn't know that but they're an outlier then. This industry isn't known for its consumer friendly attitude.

Nigga, knight is just doing his job, bitch's nothing more than a cargo.

Why don' devs implement Spyro 3 game protection systems that actually respects the costumers and does it's thing in keeping pirates away?
The last game i saw do that was serious Sam 3 where the cracked game would spawn unkillable enemy for pirates to get assraped to death.

Princess is getting
MARIOED

I mean if random girl on the street has a bf, does that mean that you're cucked? According to your logic it does.

Are you really gonna make me explain the symbolism of that picture? It's literally a white knight protecting a lady (Or in truth, corporate bullshit). It's a joke about how these cucks see themselves, as they desperately protect both 'mi'lady' and corporations, neither of whom give a shit about them and are just using them.

Get it now?

Im going to stop you right there and ask why would any game need DRM

We are working on two different assumptions: me on the white knight that wants to bang the princess and you on the knight doing his job.
However my assumption is right

Do you know what the fuck is a knight? It's literally wage slave who does his fucking job, in this case guarding some random ass bitch.
You faggots are fucking braindead sometimes, I swear.

Can we just agree that the princess is fuckable?

you the one who doesn't know what a knight here

It technically isn't drm as it never activates if you play a legit version of the game, the game starts fucking with it's own code making the game unplayable and unbeatable if you start messing with hexeditors and shit.

Nah, she's too old.

Google it up.

Yes

Do you read anything else beside board posts? Familiar with matter of france or Carolingian cycle and Matter of Britain?From where the white knight myth sprung or the princess-knight relation?

Chances are most knights were nothing but lackeys with a nice title and a suit of gear that kept rank and file fuckwits at bay so they could be bodyguards to hoors like yer princess when not being used to put down rowdy serfs or mercs.

Princess *might* fug a knight but I imagine then much like now, a royal could barely sneeze without some hack knowing about it.

kek
Anyway, what's the tangible benefit of removing Denuvo? The game is cracked so you can already play it Denuvo-free. I think it's pointless to keep it, but I don't really see a practical case for removing it either.

whyisdenuvobad.github.io/ and there have also been reports of a few games having better performance after denuvo was removed

Fine, I just won't buy your game at all. Nice job, you tools.

denuvo is an resource hog

Well then it isn't surprising then that this faggot supports Denuvo. All the shitty devs, especially social justice ones, need it or else no one buys their shitty game.

thankfully denuvo is too expensive for most of devs

That is all true.
But would you fuck her?

Why shouldn't I be able to fuck around with a game I bought without it breaking itself in a fit of pique?

There are two options, buy a nogamestation for 250 dollars, wait for Denuvo crack, or buy it with Denuvo user. I'm pissed to but I'm not playing for nogamestation for one game.

JUST WAIT, WHAT THE FUCK MAN

It's cracked with all of the DLC, who cares? Even without Denuvo I still wouldn't support them because they thought it was okay to give us the same brand of censorship that they were apparently forced to give the EU.

Or you could fucking wait for a crack, pirate and send some shekels via mail to the moonnip.

Hey retard, get some reading comprehension.

Dude, cracks are taking like, a week or two. You can't wait two weeks?

Read "Tales of Barenziah" and was confused.

Now I'm not sure if I should be relieved or disappointed.

Warhammer when

Gee user, i don't know, it's a tough one.

Steam fags crying about DRM? Are they retarded? Steam itself is DRM. Fucking hypocrites.

You do notice there is a difference between Steam as DRM and Denuvo?

i-i sort of like beseria because it isn't as much of a snoozefest as zesteria

sure as hell glad i didn't pay for it though

DRM is DRM.

I just want to go back to the days of buying a game and never have to worry about the store were I bought it from. There is no relationship. I don't want your service.

Back then you had manual queries as DRM. The concept is almost as old as the video game industry.
And was never effective. Neither has piracy destroyed the industry back then, despite being rampant.

Are you retarded underage or both?
Before steam was a thing games used starforce which was a literal rootkit that skullfucks your pc.

Same company that produces Denuvo now, btw.

Even if your assumption is right, a man who wants to bang a chick who already has a boyfriend is the exact opposite of a cuckold.

Unless it's Total War Warhammer. Or Just Cause 3. Or NuBattlefront. Or Dishonored 2.

Steam is not DRM. Steamworks (specifically Valve CEG) is DRM. There do exist plenty of games you can buy on Steam which do not use any DRM, even Valve CEG, and you can play them without Steam running.

I'm not excusing DRM or Steamworks, because they're shit. But specificity is important.

There's almost no pattern to what CPY will crack next. They cracked RE7 and Berseria pretty close to their release date, but the latest hint they've put out implies it is going to be JC3

Reminds me of the retards who think Bethesda Game Studios and Bethesda Softworks do the same line of work and don't have any differences.

Besides, steam is the most weaksauce DRM ever. It can be cracked in like 15 minutes.

Denuvo is obfuscated secret software being run on your machine with no idea just what the hell it does. That's a very different animal. It causes me physical pain when I see people defending the idea of letting publishers put unknown, obfuscated, secretive software on your machine purely to protect THEIR interests.

It's the height of corporate cocksucking.

This is the world these people asked for. The same people no doubt who wanted Nintendo to "get with the times", and who celebrate (if not expect and demand) DLC.

There's nothing to do but laugh at them at this point.

Not just allowing them to put it there, but also paying them for doing it and on top accepting that the publisher is not liable for anything going on with that piece of software whatever it may do.

It's like paying a pimp to put your ass to a glory hole and hoping you don't get aids.

yeah like the prey 2 devs

You ever wonder if games are games?

The same people who accepted Steam.

This is wrong.

You are a cuckold when your girlfriend/wife fucks someone else. Thus, fucking someone's girlfriend is the diametrical opposite of that. Look it definitions before gobbling up memes next time.

The opposite of letting your wife get fucked is not letting your wife get fucked.
Just because you fuck other people's wife's too doesn't mean letting someone fuck yours is not cuckolding. Since these two things are not mutual exclusive they can't be the opposite.