Will we get HAAH WAAW 3 anniversary this year?

will we get HAAH WAAW 3 anniversary this year?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170215055954/http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/features/i-played-gears-of-war-ultimate-edition-on-windows-10-so-you-dont-have-to-811974
twitter.com/AnonBabble

haah

I'd like to play reach on pc…

I hope not, MCC still isn't fully patched. They've probably been sitting on a pc port for years, though.

I want to play Halo on pc in general.

I use w10 and I never want to use the store app ever again. KI was enough.

If you're desperate you can try Halo Online; It's still being worked on and they just hit version 0.6.

I remember reading something about it. Isn't it just Russian for now?

Just use Eldewrito. The games in english already.

How bad can it be? Don't you just go to the store page, download the game and then just play it, never going to the store page again?

MCC is shit. Why the fuck didn't they make the playlists like how they where in the actual games instead of this random bullshit. I fucked around with multi's UI for like 10 minutes until I gave up trying to find team deathmatch for halo 3 and just let it put me in random match types from random halo games.

Can also play Custom Edition with Anons when that server pops up.

If it's on the windows store it will be a shitty universal application. Every game released this way has had issues so far and this explains a lot of them.

web.archive.org/web/20170215055954/http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/features/i-played-gears-of-war-ultimate-edition-on-windows-10-so-you-dont-have-to-811974

343 said that they're done making Anniversary editions of Halo games, especially after the MCC.
It'd be nice if they could bring the MCC to PC.

MCC would be forced windows 10 and still a buggy mess. Our best hope atm is people helping with Halo Online and possibly figuring out how to get a good AI netcode to work if it was stripped out

I'll post a thread for the Holla Forums Halo online this weekend, see if we can get any takers as there is an user around who has a standby server.

Too bad JoJo can't be reliable enough to schedule anymore

Tried HAlo Online, it's great but the fact we can't import maps is what kills it for me, if they figure out how to bring maps in from other games an get some sort of make shift editing kit working with it I'm sold on H:O

CE just has so much more variety in the maps and you're not restricted to just SPARTANs as the playermodel on top of the other stuff

No. According to 343, the graphics are still good for this day and age (and rightly so, really)

Reminder H3 had a real time lighting engine, until they realized how taxing it was to the 360

(checked)
TripleA games released last year don't look as good as H3 thanks to shitty muh realism direction and lack of consistent style.
Some fukin PS2 graphics still look good today imo.

yeah

Mate I'm telling you the truth, in the Beta they used a different lighting engine that couldn't be used in the full game because of the resource intensiveness of it and the 360 being a shithouse.

Does lighting make or break games? Sure. But no matter how good lighting is, if the game lacks a consistent artistic style then it's going to look like shit.
You can hold H3 up to, say, DR4 and the graphics are completely comparable.

Well when everything in H3 looks plasticy as fuck it does. They kept their resources and kept going despite all the assets at the time were built for their RTL system instead of what they went with in the post beta builds.

I love the series, but there are some serious flaws that need to be called out and I feel that if there is a chance to make use of a new lighting engine on newer hardware they should take it so it can be realized for what it was meant to be

They added it in the MCC version, right? (and the 60fps)

Why live?

Halo 2 was my favorite

As much as I would love a good Halo 3 remake, I don't trust 343i to do it right. It's probably better to just let sleeping dogs lie.

Last time I played with Jojo's group. it was shit, because the dumbfuck decided it was a good idea to use an outside voice chat system.
never use an outside voice chat system on that sort of community gathering.
It kills natural conversation.

No, the lighting system was unchanged in the MCC.

Also this. a big pull of the original Halo games were the in game cutscenes that didn't use their own render engine so it made it so much more special

They took out crouch jumping in halo 2 anniversary multiplayer.
I'd rather perhaps fucking NOT.

Its a shame, because I heard that custom games in Halo 5 is actually really good.

They aren't, at least, compared to what you could do with Reach and the Advanced tools for reach.

I should clarify, by "custom games" I was referring to forge in addition to the game settings. From what I've seen of the forge in Halo 5 it's definitely better than Reach, but I wouldn't be surprised if the custom game settings aren't as good. I dont think any game will ever have custom game settings as good as Reach.

Still forge mate, HCE has it beat in that it's actual custom maps, with lighting and everything

Forge has had lighting since 4, but you cant argue with actual custom maps.

exactly, there's a difference between custom maps and map edits.

Playing HCE blew me away we had actual ports of maps from later Halo games, complete with the assets and textures, custom maps that feel like Halo 1 MP maps, shit like Luigi's Raceway, and even coldsnap

Its why I'd rather have a Halo on PC with a Editing kit like HCE had than a forge mode

I don't know and I don't care, microsoft ritualistically fucks the anniversary editions and HAAH WAAW 3 has barely aged.

no because haah waaw was halo wars

(Heil)

They've deconfirmed it like 3 times now.

Also, as a halo fan, I don't even really want it. 3 still looks pretty damn good at higher resolutions. They just need to give MCC a PC port and fix the remaining issues that are left.

Except CEA was a pretty good remake, even if it had issues in it;s original release, and CEA and especially H2A in MCC are great, and are the definitive versions of each game.

CEA's reuse of reach assets is a bit iffy but it's mostly fine. If you don't like them, you can just use the original graphics, it's just in the original 360 release it was missing a lot of the shaders effects the PC version was missing, since it was based on the PC port of CE, and wasn't a stable 30fps. MCC's CEA by contrast has most of them re-added, runs at a stable 60fps, and also allows you to switch between classic and redone music unlike in the 360 version where the music was always new even in classic graphics mode.

2A's new models and stuff, if anything, is a little too faithful.

I own 5, it has the most custom game options in the series by a giant margin. 5's forge is also legimately almost as good as a proper modding toolkit now. You have limited texture editing, weather and time of day effects, pretty decently powerful scripting options, the ability to make and save prefabs/object groups, placable sound and graphical effects (like fire or sparks), etc.

5>>>H2A>>Reach>4>3 for forge.

Wrong. 3's lighting actually is improved slightly in MCC, but only barely. You only notice it in side by sides.

have graphic hit a standstill? Reminds me of Kotor vs Tortanic

Not so much a standstill as it feels like its just regressing at times.

I would love a full Halo 3 port for custom games shitposting and forge. Would beat monkeying with shit in Halo online

You don't need raw power to have a game look good, visual tricks and stylistic choices go a long way.

I don't understand how anyone can say Halo 3 looks outdated.

It was pretty shit. Just give me everything with a higher res pack, and that's it. The cut-scenes they made for 2 were jarring, to say the least,.

Resolutions aren't as high as we are used to now a days. That's about it, though.

After play HCE I'm hooked on it.

Ain't gonna happen

Jojo has been running into a lot of coursework in high school which is why he hasn't hosted recently.