It seems like a rule of thumb in video games that landing into a body of water, no matter from what height...

It seems like a rule of thumb in video games that landing into a body of water, no matter from what height, will not incur fall damage. In reality falling into water from great heights can be fatal (people jump from the Golden Gate bridge all the time to kill themselves). Are there any games that accurately reflect this?

Why is there so much chalk in Great Britain?

Because they're a bunch of limey stoners

What a fucking specific question.

Because it used to be on the ocean floor and all the dead sea creatures' shells were calcified and turned to chalk.

Noice

GTA 5.
But it's a shit game pirate it.

Dark Souls
InFamous

That's a horrifying cliff, why isn't there a fence there?

Don't give the (((bobbies))) any ideas, mate.
Also, limestone erodes crazy fast, which is precisely why the cliff is so steep.

The immigrants aren't getting up there m8, they should put the fence somewhere it'll actually keep people out.

Eww, fucking noodle arms.

But his dick and balls are bigger than his head, so that probably counts for something.

Kerbal Space Program, kinda. The water will blow your spaceship to pieces if you hit it, just as much as hitting land will. In fact, it's even more dangerous because the way the game works is that parts don't really "explode" when they hit the water so much as they are "deleted". So while hitting the ground at fatal speed with, say, a fuel tank underneath the capsule will cause the fuel tank to explode, and the resulting explosion will cushion and slow the capsule, and might even save the Kerbal's lives. But if the same configuration hits the water at the same speed, the fuel tank will be deleted on impact, and there will be no cushioning explosion, so the full force of the impact will also be applied to the capsule, which will be destroyed.

This was how it was back a year ago, so they might have changed it. But my point is: hitting water will still kill you.

Not that impressive, really. A man's head is only about 10" high, so if his balls are hanging down 2", he's got an 8" dick. Impressive, but hardly Epic Sex Hero status. Also, people back then were much smaller, so probably had only like 8" heads.

Honestly I think he's just got a teeny head. These ancient people suck at art.

Will add that to do the physics engine. Collision with water at a certain force of newtons should generate some damage to the player and water.

Be glad. In older games it used to be a rule of thumb that falling into water from any height would automatically kill you.

Cliffs of Moher>Cliffs of Dover.

Oh. I just remembered noticing something like that in Just Cause (2). It didn't always seem equally conistent, but I remember dying even from water.

How would people top themselves if you put a fence there,you inconsiderate frick.

Shouldn't you be on Holla Forums?

You're not good at this.

That's called Swarthy lad

Black Desert Online.

I'm imagining some zombie-like movie with a bunch of neo-nazis trying to survive in the modern world without ever letting the sun touch their skin lest they lose their whiteness, culminating in a scene where one of them points at the other and shouts "You're one of them!" and the other responds with "No! No, it's just a tan! I'm white!" before the rest of the group murders him.

Literally the second to hang on DoTR
Even fucking uncle Benny knew that the "muh racial purity" is impossible to attain 100%, only through preserving your people as it is right now with its culture and roots you can achieve a semblance of that.

I have no idea what this means but I wasn't trying to imply the people I quoted were neo-nazis.
It was just a scene I saw in my head.