Fire Emblem Thead?

Have I spoilt myself on the support mechanics of Fates to be unable to try out Awakening? I mean yeah, neither are "good" games in the series, but I wanna know if there's something missing in Awakening that's currently in Fates/If.

Either way, thread questions;

If anything youve done the opposite, support's broken in awakening

Fire Emblem is shit until they fix the rng and the fact that speed has 3 times the weight of other stats.

Tharja is the best waifu in Nu-Fire Emblem and Robin X Tharja is the best couple in Nu-Fire Emblem as well.

What's missing in Awakening was the difficulty that conquest had. As for fates, it's missing a lot of things like a decent storyline and not a shitty mc, and I hated how the game was bloated with useless mechanics (the head petting is fine, but why the fuck would you bring back the child mechanic when it doesn't make sense) along with reintroducing some of the cast from awakening.

I just played the fan translated versions of Conquest and Revelations, and man, revelations was shitty. They took all the good gimmicks and put them in the paralogues or in Conquest, so all that's left for Rev's endgame is shitty block elevators, the most boring thing in any turn based game. Final boss was stupid too. Midoriko best girl.

I'd argue Conquest is depending on what you look for in a Fire Emblem game. It has an absolutely trash tier story which doesn't make an semblance of sense and cancerous writing however Conquest does have top tier map design some of the finest in the series.
Birthright and Awakening really have no redeeming qualities though, the problems with Conquest still apply and on top of that they have trash maps as well. Every single map is a wide open field with a ton of enemies and random reinforcements there's almost no tactics or strategy required.

Does anyone have the character art .png files from the previous thread?

Why is she perfect Holla Forums?

despicable.

I LOVE THARJA!!!!

What are the chances of Fire Emblem Echoes getting ((((LOCALIZED)))) as bad as Fates did?

Why did they name it "(((Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia)))". Why not just "Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia"

Rumors say that the Echoes part means that it's going to be part of a sub-series of remakes of old games like Gaiden

I don't see any way it wouldn't be.

Extremely likely and the DLC jewing will only increase.

I like Awakening more since I get to use vague approximations of prior series characters.

Mages, Sages, and Shamans.
Hmm. Canas is pretty great, and I can't help but like Kellam.
Miriel. Her verbosity accentuates her tenacity for scientific experimentation.
CHROM X SUMIA FOREVER
Shadow Dragon.
No, it's for casuals who can't deal with the idea of living with their mistakes.

Had Miriel not been in the game, Tharja would be my go-to girl.

Perfect blend of obsession, Yandere, sex appeal, and risque attitude.

I still think it's an okay punishment 'cuz then I miss out on giving that character EXP for the rest of the fight.

That lack of EXP can be easily ameliorated through the use of reeking boxes and encounters with hostile groups that periodically appear on map.

Reeking boxes?

Yes, those items in Awakening that summon an enemy band to the field when used.

I haven't seen them in If yet.

I don't think they are, but I haven't played it yet.

Strange 'cuz I've played through both storylines and am late into Revelations, and I haven't seen such an item yet.

Friendly reminder Holla Forums ;
1. That there is nothing wrong with liking and playing Nu-Fire Emblem as long as you never give Nintendo any money and pirate the games
2. Fates is the best Nu-Fire Emblem game as long as you play the Fan-Translation version

Most likely will. But at least they're being honest about the western version only having English dub instead of keeping everything quite about the ((((localization)))).

That's sound pretty great if those rumors are true.

Isn't the fan translation incomplete?
Also, I want to fuck Tharja.

A skilled Roy can beat any Takumi!

Hero.
Either Barst, Sigurd, or Florina.
Serra.
Haven't given it much thought.
Shadow dragon.
Sure why not. Most people already reset on death anyways making the permadeath series gimmick pointless.

I wish FE4 wasn't as tedius to play and had a story that wasn't almost as pants on head retarded as Sigurd.
Remake when?

I think you were responding to
The Fan-Translation is still a work in progress, But, you can still play the main three routes with a few supports here and there.

THARJA IS MY WAIFU FOR LAIFU

Even if you pirate and play the fan translated version, the game is far from being the best.

>Will never stick my dick in tharja making her my woman and having five sons.

I have a feeling this is not going to be fun.

100%. Hell, its likely at increased risk of having more kinds of bullshit like that stuffed in. And god have mercy if the rumor of Echoes becoming a series of remakes turns out to be true…

This pleases me I will check which one it is.

Fire Emblem stopped being good after Radiant Dawn. And was hit or miss after FE7 too for that matter.

Yeah, fuck off.

I'd rather gouge my eyes out than look at those games again

Eh, I kind of agree. I really enjoyed Shadow Dragon, though. I picked New Mystery back up recently, and it's pretty good as well.

This could have been a fun thread if Tharjafag hadn't come

You either reset and force yourself to do the chapter again or you so fuck it move on. It's not pointless, it gives the player the choice of either sucking up and getting good or just living with the loss.

Fighter/Berserker/Reaver
Nolan
Mia
Nothing stands out. I remember Tharja x Henry being charmingly goofy, I guess.
Definitely cheapens the experience and I never intend to use it. I'd rather it didn't exist at all since it's the only way casuals can stomach the newer games. Pheonix mode is a fucking joke though.

FE2 was the black sheep, but it does make me wonder how the remake will be received since FE 13 and 14 were using similar elements.

What a shock.

It's certain to happen. Just wait for fan translation and pirate it +DLC.

Swordmaster for the flashy crits and can dodge anything or Pegasus knights who start out weak but make effective mage killers later on.
Joshua for how laid back he is. Even with his bet with Natasha, he blames losing on his bad luck instead of wanting to hurt a pretty girl. Also gets infuriated at L'Arachel because he keeps losing.
A red headed knight. Could count for either category as well.
Eirika and Eripham is a choice simply because of the incest angle. But I'd say Igrene raising Fae is place of her deceased daughter.
GBA are pretty good with the sprites and Radiant series has a good selection of characters.
No. One day I'll be good enough and I won't have to rely on save states to get through a mission because I didn't check the range of that one damned archer.

Wyvern Lord
Gilliam
Titania or Syrene. I haven't made up my mind
Ephraim and Eirika other than that I don't really care too much.
Genealogy
Totally unacceptable casualfag pandering

I just want it to fix hit rates, that's more important to me than Alm and Celica doing a pinky promise in anime cutscenes.

Hero/Forrest, best of both worlds and you get to use axes
forever and always Geitz, but homer from Thracia would be a close #2
Xane/Chainey because he can be whoever I want to be.
Either Joshua with Natasha from FE8 or Lex and Aira from FE4
FE5 because it's the only real challenging FE
Absolutely disgusting, if you are losing units then you're not playing FE right.

Nothing wrong with attractive characters its just a plus and not necessarily the main point of the games. But I have a feeling its triggering some people :3

Out.

The old characters were also attractive.
Hell I'd be the fourth man to knock up Lachesis if given the chance.

No considering the support mechanics in Fates are actually more casualized than in Awakening. Also

I see the fanbase has turned to shit. Or have you always been here?

Yes. Avoiding the consequences of your actions by redoing like fifteen minutes of gameplay is the very definition of savescumming.

Resetters have always been a thing sadly.

This is probably a stretchy-as-fuck kind of tunnel vision here, but incoming autism:

EMBLEM THEORY: IS CECILIA LYN'S DAUGHTER?

…In which I start to humor the idea but then find myself falling down a rabbit hole???

The following is based on research over support conversations and articles from the Fire Emblem Wiki.

First impressions:

How Cecilia could be Lyn's daughter:

The significance of Lyn and Hector as a pairing:

How Cecilia could be Lyn's Ostian daughter, cont'd:

Cecilia's father and grandfather:

Mark's possible relation to Cecilia:

How Mark could be Cecilia's godparent:

Cecilia's age- does it work in this context?
>despite being Roy and Lilina's tutors, the fact that Cecilia can marry Roy (her only support romance at that) implies that she's not too much older than them

BUUUUUUT HEY, THAT'S JUST A THEORY,

AN OBJECTIVELY RIGHT THEORY

LOL

If anything she's Rutger's mom with a Bulgar man.
He does mention his mom was Sacaean on the father's side and his dad from his mother's side.
He's also a better swordsman.
You're reading way too much into this, specially regarding the tactician that canonically is never seen again after the events of FE7

This is some of the dumbest shit I have ever read.

Go to bed

Florina

BUT THAT'S JUST A THEORY

A GAY THEORY

Fun is overrated.

Camilla will never be my onee-chan and I'm seriously thinking about killing myself over it.

Nah.

It's between the magic classes and archer/sniper. The former has produced many characters that I love that are strong from the get-go, like linde, nino, and maric. Archers are typically harder to train, but for some reason I absolutely love turning them into high class snipers. Ryan and Rebecca in particular are favorite of mine.
Really hard to say. Lords are always great in terms if growth and characters. There are also tons of units that have grown on me over time. Forcing me to pick one is way too harsh.
Pre-nu fe, too many to count.
In terms of nufire emblem, I guess either cherche or Charlotte
Pent/Louise or nino/jaffar
Thus far, 7, but mystery of the emblem was really fun. Genealogy is also pretty fun thus far
It's retarded, but at this point, I've lost the ability to care.

They never talk about Cecilia being Lilina's sister because she's Mark's daughter and not Hector's.

Oh boy, I didn't even knew they went on to disgrace Gaiden.
Now, should I just ignore it or try to get my hands on a limited edition if available and scalp the living shit out whatever fucktard decides to pay triple for it in the end.

What even is there to disgrace about Gaiden?
They can only go up with the thing.

tfw having more fun with heroes than I ever did with all of fates

How does it feel to be a cuck for having played Heroes and Fates?

You should kill yourself for playing Fates. Your entire genetic line should be extinguished for playing mobage.

blah blah FE died after 5 amirite
At least Eldigan is actually playable in Heroes.

Hey, cucks playing Heroes.

If you wanna enjoy the shit game for free like you should, people found out how to get any hero you want. 5 minutes changing some numbers and you can get your five star Azura immediately.

I ordered the pasta but I'm seeing a distinct lack of sauce.

The forum blew up on Alphagamers, amazed you haven't read into it yet. Even fucking Reddit exposed us a few days ago, y'all are slower than I remember.

It's literally that easy.

Also, arena's fucked cause of our findings. 40+10's everywhere.

If you're just going to cheat to get your way in a game like this, it practically defeats the purpose of playing at all.

You know what? You can probably hack most Fire Emblem games to get the characters that you want from the beginning anyway. In fact, let's just all make it so that everybody is promoted with their best possible stats maxed out at level 20. Also, in the event that it's STILL too hard for you, you can make it so that characters come back to life the next turn anyway.

Wow, Fire Emblem is shit. Why do people play this casual garbage?

Immediate gratification for the price of free is your answer.

I saw the thread and some people were banned as soon as they entered the arena. I wanna see how far I can go with my current team and see what I get from the next few summons.
Haven't paid for orbs before and I'm not going to really. There's one or two heroes I kinda want but it's starting to lose it's appeal.

Sad!

Stop being a whale.

Annie, are you okay?

What exactly do you mean by "whale"? If it's someone who's spending money, then it's not me.

Whales are the people who spend money on mobages, and not a little of it.

I mean the only reason I'm playing this is because it's Fire Emblem, but you know, this game is actually fairly balanced- since the game came out, it's been obvious that the gameplay caters to people that don't spend money on it. And there's not really any reason to spend money on anything when summoning always gets you a 3 or 4-star, anyway. On the subject of getting the character you want, though… if every player could choose what character they wanted, then 3/4ths of the entire roster would be collecting dust, whether it's because they're not the most popular waifu, or because they don't have the most OP skills and abilities. The idea is to work with who and what you have. If all you care about is getting a five star waifu, then why are you playing the game?

Getting your 5* waifu is the only point of this shit excuse of a mobage, whale.

I'm not sure if you're baiting me or you're actually retarded. Spending money on a game like this is a waste. Wait, actually, you do know that you can promote lesser-star units, right?

It was the middle of the night. I had gotten a call from my employees that our company had made an excess surplus, and we're ahead on schedule with everything we're doing. I proceeded to fuck my beautiful wife for the 5th time in the past hour, and, once again, as we shared a magical, sensual experience, I shouted at the top of my lungs, "UGH, WHY CAN'T I JUST GET MY WAIFU RIGHT AWAY IN FIRE EMBLEM HEROES!? INTO THE TRASH IT GOES"

and then I threw my wife out the window of the 53rd floor of our expensive apartment

Yeah, totally not something a whale would defend.
The only reason I even got my Serra that high was the free 10,000 feathers

Didn't you say that a "whale" was someone that was spending money on the game? But now apparently it's just a label for someone who likes what you don't like? You're actually arguing with the wrong person if all you want is to lash out at someone for paying money on the game. I'm legitimately directing you to Reddit to find someone who fits the criteria of someone you want to stir shit up with.

And I will continue to post ITT whether you like it or not.

It's still a improvement over Awakening. But the story is a major wasted potential.

As much as I like Nu-Fire Emblem I would never play that shit.

Four different variants of poo not in loo.

Depends on the game, but I'd probably go with paladins since they're useful in almost any situation.
Either Leaf or Caineghis
Mia
I'm not sure, Kent and Fiora maybe?
Genealogy of the Holy War. It's the closest that Fire Emblem ever came to what actual medieval battles were like. It's still not at all realistic, but by Fire Emblem standards it's the most accurate.
No, when a unit dies it needs to stay dead and the player can either move on or restart the chapter.

Have a hyper on.

This would be something that Mat"Ness is Sans"Pat would come up.

*one

I played a bit of Heroes and got a 5 star Azura on one of my few character rolls and I still can't be arsed to play the game. Without the job changing and more characters to rely on it just seems really shitty.

However I am playing sacred stones atm and enjoying the hell out of it. Lute is a snobby brat but she's still best

Wow really? You think that I sounded like Matpat or something? It's not like I made at least two Matpat jokes in that post or something, so I have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Also Sans is Gaster now

Lute has the strongest Magic of any Mage in her game, being the only female Mage and Sage in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. And possibly one of the best mages in the series. She also is tied with the highest Str/Mag growth alongside Garcia out of any character in the game, she can easily take out enemies with bad resistance in one blow once she promotes. Her Skill is fairly low, but she will hit most of the time due to anima magic having high hit rates. She also has a powerful luck stat, further improving her usefulness. Her growths are somewhat like Lilina's, but somewhat more spread out.

Though her HP and Defense turn out fairly low, like most Magic wielders, she has enough speed and luck to dodge most attacks. Due to the fact she has above average Speed, enough to make up for her lack of Constitution, it is highly recommended that she promotes into a Sage at level 20 for best results. It does not hurt that the female sage has a better magic cap than the male version either.

65% growth to her magic skill. If she goes sage, she gets 5 more points to cap, making her even more damaging. She's a really great mage.

lucius is best girl

I absolutely love her especially after I promoted her to a sage, although there seems to be this opinion of promoting her to a mage knight for creature campaign. Not sure what that even is, last time I played this game it was about a decade or so ago

Gives them the mobility of a cavalier with the strength of a mage. Makes them vulnerable to horse-slayers and other units that move fast though due to their weak defence.

just pirated fates special edition undubbed to marathon all sides, what am I in for? I already know fates has a shitty story but is there anything else I should know about it?

dont fuck azura

The pair up system works differently now, I think I remember it being that you're more likely to block attacks while paired up and more likely to attack while side by side on the field.

Also in Hoshido, Ryouma and his child both have amazing stats and dodge, i'd be wary of using him unless you want to have an easy way through the game.

Nohr is the more old fashioned fire emblem with the story being going map to map without any way to train properly, while hoshido lets you fight random battles on the world map. (or so ive heard, i dont have Nohr so im not sure)

A fire emblem thread without any of the music? Shame

Prepare for "gud guys always win amirite guys?" story plus easy mode, unless you try to play it on hardest difficulty.

Prepare for suffering and "why can't my stupid siblings realize what I'm trying to do?" Also I hear the maps are more challenging.

Haven't finished it, but by the time you start roaming the Invisible Kingdom (or "Valla" as they call it), it gets real tedious. Case in point, there's a lot of floating islands and you gotta use dragon veins to traverse them.

Nohr has scouting.

any particular reason why? because I wasn't even planning to do so when you have camilla and rinkah around

that's good to know because I got a gut feeling that I might hate hoshido side and want to end it as fast as possible since nohr looks more like something I might want from FE game

I fucking knew it, I could tolerate it in awakening since it felt campy but now I strongly feel this won't be the case with hoshido

Nah, maybe I'm just making it lighter than it actually is. I don't really remember how the story went down, but I do remember a lot more suffering going on on the Nohr side.

nohr does not have grinding

You're a fucking retard for not playing better Fire Emblem games.

When will this meme die?

Finally got to use units like Takumi and Azura though.

They'd better pull through, then.

>tfw fighting for Alfonse

I like Sharena for her buffs and she was the first lance unit I had in my squad to get the extra points in the arena. Felt I owe her something.

Him and Raven were so gay together.

Tharja bump
I kinda think the art for Tharja in FE Heroes is pretty decent tbh.

That is one fat, happy Ruskie.

This game was made by monkeys.

With the Fire Emblem Warriors game coming later this year, what characters would you like to see in the game?

Lyndis

I want a general, swinging around weapons attached to chains would be awesome.

Best kid is to be Grill and fuck Saizou for uber Midoriko, who will gain clone, assassinate and whatever OP Lord skill you inherit and solo the game GG no grind.

Gross, look at her face also the pregnancy is completely disproportionate to her body and clothes, it's one thing if you're into that sort of thing, but the least you could do is draw it right.

I'm coming up on the end of FE6.
Should I replay the GBA games in Hard/NG+ Mode or play another entry? If the latter, which one? Awakening?

AAAAAAAAAAA THAT FUCKING FACE

No, why would you even ask that?
Did you play the snes or radiance games? I would suggest the snes games.

My waifu Tharja. I hope she get different alternative skins like the Tharja Persona, Syalla, and the ones from the Fire Emblem card game.