Steins;gate thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/9cg3I
strawpoll.me/12429420
encyclopediadramatica.se/Fake_Schizophrenia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

so how was steins;gate 0
its coming up to the next game to play on my backlog
is it as good as the first? as light hearted then super heavy later on or just full outright despair the whole time

archive btw for laughs archive.is/9cg3I

Steins;Gate 0 was as good as Steins;Gate in many places, the one thing I didn't like is how many of the characters didn't really have anything to do and just felt useless. Even one of the antagonists just pops in. As a story to link what was going on overall, it did it's job well. We knew the ultimate outcome, but getting there was the main problem. Okabe as a sad piece of shit is great, especially when he realizes that he's been a total shit the whole time. But then again Suzuha is also to blame for making him feel like literally everything is on his shoulders and on his shoulders alone. It has a balance of heavy and light hearted stuff like the first game does, but they tend to mingle with each other more than the first. Maho is a great Kurisu replacement and proves that she is her own character. She's also best girl in that timeline. Overall, I'd say the first still inches ahead of Zero, but Zero stands its ground.

bump

Does free will exist in the SciAdv universe? Taking into account the events and mechanics of S;G.

I felt like zero was a bit confusing, since all the major events more or less happen outside of the control of the main cast, it's harder to keep up with what's going on.
Versus the first, which was crystal clear 100% of the time, Zero even had some areas that were so fucked that only a fanwank could explain it. Almost every plotpoint involving Kagari

It was still good, but it wasn't as good as the first.

SG0 is really bad compared to the original. I tried to like the game but the retcon and plot holes up the ass makes it really hard to enjoy.
The biggest plots hole being the jumps through world lines (how the fuck does answering the call cause world line shifts?) and using the time machine before it was invented (the ending with Okabe jumping from the future all the way to the past).
The retcon being everything involving Kagari and even Maho.

Agreed with , characters were generally weaker and were focused on less.

It had decent ideas and a lot of ambition but failed to live up to those ambitions

Just played Steins;Gate on steam, was probably one of the greatest stories I ever watched, and I mean it. What are some other visual novels to check out?

strawpoll.me/12429420

You should follow up with stiens gate 0, obviously. If you're interested in more of a horror story, I enjoyed Saya no Uta.

i still cant believe that bigot won

>(how the fuck does answering the call cause world line shifts?)
Same principle as SERN's echelons capturing the D-mails
Amadeus was monitored by the university and, by extent, the US army and Stratfor. Any info they got/didn't get from Okabe affected their future actions, which connected to the past via Suzuha, which had a minor, but tangible effect on the World Line.
>using the time machine before it was invented
They did say it was incomplete and could only travel back, but I can see why that'd be an unsatisfactory explanation.
>The retcon being everything involving Kagari and even Maho.
You mean how they get tons of spotlight despite not getting a single mention in the original? Easily justified by the Alpha/Beta World Line shift and standard differences in the time they take place.
No war, Mayuri's dead → No war orphans to adopt and no Mayuri to adopt them → No Kagari
And Maho just didn't have a reason to be there during S;G's events. Probably busy with research while thinking that Kurisu is out in Aomori visiting her father(who is relatively okay in Alpha).

Who was in the motorcycle suit? Why does not erasing kurisu's memories from kagari as fast radically change the world line? What the fuck was going on with the song that kagari heard as a kid?

Shit, fucked up the spoilers.
>Who was in the motorcycle suit?
Kagari.
In that branch of world lines, instead of being taken by DURPA and used as a vessel for Kurisu's memories, she was taken by Stratfor and — once Leskinen found out she was his victim from the future — he gave her surgery to make her look like Yuki and had her spy on Okabe's gang.
>Why does not erasing kurisu's memories from kagari as fast radically change the world line?
Your mistake is in assuming that both variations erase Kurisu's memories.
It was a phone call, and phone calls ring out if the other side doesn't pick up in time. By hesitating, Okabe could've been too late to erase the memories and Kurisu-charged Kagari could've ended up in the baddies' hands, but we can't know that because the implications are so huge that we instantly get a World Line shift.
>What the fuck was going on with the song that kagari heard as a kid?
It's a song that created itself.
Okabe learned it from Kagari, who learned it from Mayuri who learned it from the telephone chain that started with Okabe learning it from Kagari.

Can we classify Trump delusion as schizophrenia now? Really how hard in denial do you have to be that you think you are in another universe?

In 15 years, when the stiens gate world line finally catches up to the beta world line where the final D-mail was sent to jump to the stiens gate. Will stiens gate Okabe be overwritten by Punished Okabe due to reading stiener?

Yeah, serious, Kagari was just a fucking meme, what was even the point of having her? To give Suzuha something to do?

as a schizophrenic i believe i'm in all the universes, except the ones i've already died in.

I think she was, if you think about it Kagari could be taken out of the story entirely. Yuki could have actually worked for Stratfor/DURPA or have just random jobbers doing the attacks which would lead to a lot of wondering in the group how she switched sides and fucked Daru. It would have worked out for her own ending, imo. I understand the one chick who was so forgettable needed Kagari for the other half of the memories Kagari had, but she already had all of the memories right there with her and nearly succeeded in getting said memories downloaded into her negating the use for Kagari. I'm missing some instances, but overall, Kagari was too disjointed from the rest of the story despite being a major plot device. It was like "Hey, we NEED another Kurisu but not" "But we already have Amadeus" "Who cares!"

so why did she look like kurisu I don't think that was ever explained
also did maho and okabe end up together in the beta line? if so that actually makes it an even harder choice. Giving up the man you love so he can be with someone else and giving up the life you've had with your wife to save the japan

It's also never said that the rest of the world got fucked from what I remember, so its really only japan they're saving, but letting other people have any semblance of time travel tech would be disastrous anyway

I'm not saying that the retcon is a plot hole, they make sense in principle but they feel like an after thought and makes SG0 less cohesive that SG.

About the world line shifts, original SG kept it logical because they only jump world lines when the past is change which is intuitive. SG0's altering the future resulting in world line shifts is way less intuitive but not quite a plot hole.
The thing I'm really worked up about is the scene where Okabe answers Kurisu and suddenly he goes back to the world line with Mayuri being dead. This is probably the only player action that alters the past through the phone and I just can't see how it works. Maybe I'm just not thinking about it hard enough

I think it was just the devs wanting Okabe to be "my god, it's Kurisu but not on my phone" for a second. As for Maho: I don't think they actually got together but if they did it was extremely subtle. Besides, I don't think Okabe could think about getting into a relationship with Maho due to Mayuri's extreme confession and the love he already had for Kurisu. I think Maho seriously fell for Okabe, but kept it back for years even after he went to find Mayuri and Suzuha which is even harder.

Why must Maho suffer so much? Legal loli is best grill in Zero.

I want to brush her mussed up hair while she cutely whimpers because of the state her hair is in. I wanna give her a kiss before delving into another hard days work of A.I. construction. I want her to fall asleep in my arms while we listen to Mozart and Salieri

encyclopediadramatica.se/Fake_Schizophrenia

In one timeline.

Absolutely disgusting. I praised the original for not having any of this kinda crap.

"what the fuck do you mean I 'gut myself in front of kurisu'? why would I ever do that?" – punished okabe, minutes after reading steiner activates

Two more questions I had when rewatching/playing OG S;G:

In both the game and the anime, after Suzuha is stopped by Okabe from fucking off to 1970, and the storm happens, and she learns who her dad is, she takes the name Hashida after Daru. BUT if she forgets who she was after arriving in 1970, then why do we hear Tennoji call her "Hashida" which means she not only remembered a name of hers, but also the REAL name of hers? Not only that, but when Okabe D-Mails himself not to chase her, we land in 0.409431a where the Faris tourney happens, which is a worldline where Daru and Suzuha never "met" in 2010 and Suzuha left for 1970 still bearing the name "Amane Suzuha" rather than "Hashida", yet both Tennoji AND AkihaDad remember her fondly as "Hashida". How? In 0.409431a, Suzuha shouldn't know her dad's name.

and

Why did deleting the "stabbed" dmail from echelon cause a world line change, let alone an attractor field change? So far, all world line changes happen due to changing the past, but changing the present like with the echelon deletion shouldn't do anything at all due to attractor field effects. Wouldn't the universe still find a way to make the sern dystopia happen?

No. That was the whole point of Steins;Gate 0's ending. 0kabe knew he'd be stuck in the event horizon… but because of that, Reading Steiner wouldn't activate.

I'm not an expert on bullshit plot devices, but here -
>In both the game and the anime, after Suzuha is stopped by Okabe from fucking off to 1970, and the storm happens, and she learns who her dad is, she takes the name Hashida after Daru. BUT if she forgets who she was after arriving in 1970, then why do we hear Tennoji call her "Hashida" which means she not only remembered a name of hers, but also the REAL name of hers?
In the "I fucked up and got amnesia" route, Suzuha eventually remembers everything, including the reveal of her dad and offs herself. In the IBN route, she meets with Kurisu's dad and someone else, Faris's father I think. She could have used those two somehow to find out who her dad was. Alternatively, it could simply be a name that someone in the past decided to call her - world convergence is a bullshit plot device like that.

>Why did deleting the "stabbed" dmail from echelon cause a world line change, let alone an attractor field change? So far, all world line changes happen due to changing the past, but changing the present like with the echelon deletion shouldn't do anything at all due to attractor field effects. Wouldn't the universe still find a way to make the sern dystopia happen?
It was a case of an event causing a chain reaction. D-mail detected - Okabe/Daru get tortured in the future, give info on how to build a time machine - time machine built, Kurisu's death cancelled, WW3 prevented, SERN reign ensured through time machine bullshit that involves rounders. Since D-mail detection was not instantaneous, by deleting it Okabe forced the universe to say "no, those time travelers did not go there after all" hence the attractor field shift.

What I really can't wrap my head around is how Okabe gets the timeline numbers. Does he go through the timelines one by fucking one somehow?

Holy fuck those quads.

What does that even mean? He got in the time machine to find Mayuri and Suzuha that got stranded in 50 million BC or something and he tracked them down and gave them a battery, using that they made it to 2010 and future mayuri encouraged 2010 mayuri to slap okabe, right?
After he gives them the battery, does he just chill with the dinosaurs? Does him being in the past keep reading stiener from activating? Or does he just kill himself and make it simpler?
And why the fuck was Amadeus able to remember everything from every world line while being deleted?

For the last one, everyone remembers bits and pieces of every worldine no matter what. What probably happened was in the wake of Amadeus Kurisu being deleted an existing Kurisu from another worldline managed a jump and got put into that Kurisu since "Kurisu" sort of counts as a vessel. You're dealing with a series that has established that time shenanigans are infinitely happening so my theory can work. It's just pretty bullshit.