Watch a youtube video without counting as a view

While I encourage the usage of webms to prevent giving views to cancerous content, I can also understand those with shit upload speed, so here's this little extension for Firefox. Right click on a video thumbnail and play it with VLC and that way it won't add to the view count. I tested it with a couple of videos I uploaded myself and it worked well.

addons.mozilla.org/En-us/firefox/addon/vlc-youtube-shortcut/

Chrome user? I don't know.

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-Us/firefox/addon/watch-with-mpv/
github.com/awlnx/JimThePlayerLauncher
livestreamer.tanuki.se/install.html#windows-binaries
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It might come in handy, thanks user. Doesn't Youtube already require a certain amount of the video to be watched before views can accumulate?

I have just been using youtube-dl + mpv to watch/download youtube videos.

Much love to you sensei

IIRC embedded videos here dont count as views either. So idk why you faggots flip your pants about it

Is that right? I had no idea. Well, the option is there for whoever wants to be sure.

Yes, but mine already had 21 views and when I tried to access it through the browser it kept going up to 22, 23, 24 and so on, then when I used VLC the view count stopped altogether.

Kill yourself.

Which browser and player do you use then pus blob?

Bet you use Chrome and WMP

Midori and MPV, but the issue here is:
You're retarded newfags.

I'll grant I like MPC-HC over VLC but FF is better than most.

Thanks, user-senpai.

But firefox extensions work on firefox-based browsers, user.

I tried using it but it crashes on startup for me and I never bothered to fix it.

It's a shame not everything can be in webm form due to filelimit.

Agreed. If you want a browser that just werks ff is less intrusive than chrome and more secure than IE. People who use VLC are still faggots though.

It sure is, not to mention the annoying need to encode and upload them manually since most converters are shit and won't work on every device.

Serious question. What's wrong with VLC? It works great for pretty much everything. Is there something I have to be aware of?

Mozilla is a company infested with SJWs and by using FF you're helping them advance their cause.
The browser keep leaking memory as well, which destroys the performance of the whole PC and recent versions are full of Feminist/Pajeet-level shit codes.

It's not that there is anything bad about it really it's just that MPCHC and MPV do the same things but with better picture quality and it's still free.

I can also recommend
addons.mozilla.org/en-Us/firefox/addon/watch-with-mpv/
Because it supports everything youtube-dl supports which includes playlist and other sites.
Chrome has no practical alternative because it doesn't allow plugins to do something that would be needed to open an external executable.

I have an unlisted vid I only embedded here twice and have like 20+ views on.so I'd say he's wrong unless there's 20+ people who actively pushed the "watch on YT" button but I doubt that.

You could always use this for Botnet chrome.

github.com/awlnx/JimThePlayerLauncher

Yes they do

Hi that doesn't work.
Also snapping the blob doesn't prevent it from counting as a view.

I'd just view it with youtube-dl and mpv if I were that worried.

Firefox has been consistently using less memory than Chrome for years now.
It has other problems but that's not one of them

It's quite hard finding programs not made by hippies user. Most software development teams or whatever you call them are based in California.

What if I don't have a shit video player OP?

Why not cyberfox?

Use youtube-dl and make your own extension. Which player do you have? MPC-HC?

plus VLC can't do this as far as I know…

Alright then what browser would you recommend? The only viable FOSS alternative I know of is Chromium and its forks but if you think Mozilla is full of SJWs then surely you'd find Google to be even worse.

Use Linux. If you don't want to, use IceCat, and if you find it unbearable then use Opera.

I do, but Linux is not a web browser.

$ mpv(youtube-dl -g )

what are you fucking
retarded?

I have ffmpeg installed and have set the encoder to mp3, do you know why I can't download MP3s?

When in Linux, use a decent one, don't forcibly act obnoxious.

Ok but what's a decent one?

how the absolute eff do you middle mouse click on a laptop?

it should just be an easy right click or something

I use Midori, there's also Chromium, Vivaldi and Opera if you so desire.
Some people like elinks but I don't recommend it to anybody.

Click both halves of the slickwedge on your track pad, that's usually middle click. Or tap three fingers on the trackpad

I fucking love that bird. The best thing mark shekelberg's social network thing has spawned to this date.

Just use Livestreamer, faggot.

1. Download Livestreamer installer under Windows Binaries:
livestreamer.tanuki.se/install.html#windows-binaries
(or whatever OS you're using)
1a. Install Livestreamer.
2. Once you've installed Livestreamer open this configuration file in a Text Editor:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\livestreamer\livestreamerrc
3. Change the beginning of the link pointing to your video player from "#player=" to "player="
(edit the link if necessary, as long as it points to your video player .exe)

How to run Livestreamer (Windows):
Run (Winkey+R) – cmd.exe – paste a command into Command Prompt in this format & hit enter:
livestreamer.exe

Examples:
livestreamer.exe twitch.tv/nintendo source
livestreamer.exe youtube.com/watch?v=KP-6ewtJcdk best

if you really care, install JDownloader2 and load a youtube link and look how many options you have.

the problem is that YT uses DASH to separate video and audio quality.

Jdownloader 2, copy URL, it fetches the video, audio, and any text content from the video. No idea if this results in 0 views, though.

How thwe hell do I make this addon work? I have downloaded the MPV player, and put the .exe path to the addon configuration menu, yet nothing….

Have you put the youtube-dl executable were mpv is?

Downloaded the exe, and put that in the folder. Nothing.

Nevermind, it works now, when righcliking the video. But a question, its only opening the video apart from youtube. But the player used when watching the video itself on youtube is the same, or its as always' If the latter, then should I continue using HTML5 addon and Youtube Center, right?

Yeah it only loads videos/streams you specifically tell it to.
Even if you don't really specifically use it for youtube it's nice to have around since the list of supported sites is pretty huge
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html

Thanks for the recommendation.

Nah, at that point it's better to just use Livestreamer like 6cbbe6 said.

Pray tell, where in the post did I say "use the middle mouse click button to play video"? I specifically said right click.

I use OpenJDK in linux. Sorry, i don't know what winfaggs schould use

but seriously, Jdownloader2 was one of the first ones to handle the DASH correctly. It uses ffmpeg to pack the separated files into one .webm file. And if you look at file sizes of .mp4(h264) and .webm(VP9) files you will see 30% difference in size while the VP9 one generally is better in quality.

funny enough, I use Livestreamer for twitch because their in-browser player is shit. It's night and day if you watch twitch with VLC through Livestreamer. But twitch changed something a year ago and i haven't watched a stream there since.

>>>/trash/