Play Nioh, recovering from the trash that is Dark Souls 3

Will we ever get a really fun Ninja game focussed on stealth and being an actual assassin again?

Fresh off the goon boat?

Give the Tenchu games a shot, the ones I played were all pretty clunky but still enjoyable.

shits ogre man.

I heard the Tenchu games were really good OP.

Da fuck is wrong with you? She is great!

Shinobido and the sequel

Really hard to find but its a great one.

Oh also that Shadow Tactics game just came out and that was supposed to be pretty solid. It had a really nice demo but I don't know if the gameplay was varied enough to sustain a whole game.

Good fap bait bad game.

hi op check out shinobido 1 and 2, ps2 and the vita sequel. imagine mgs3's sandbox style approach to stealth. Now imagine you are a ninja and you have shinobido! By the creators of tenchu no less. Enjoy!

It's been a while but wasnt Tenchu a good ninja stealth game?

it could have been worse, it could have been bloodborne oh wait, it is, thats why its shit

I have no fucking words, why don't you play Quake with telepathy since you want to hinder yourself so badly?

Man i have never met another person who has played that shit game

No it didn't. Naruto's ninja's aren't even ninjas, they're mages who won't admit it. Chakra is literally magic. In most media, such as Ni-Oh, ninjas still wear all black and aren't literal wizards.

What did he mean by this?

What the fuck?

One of the rare, although unpolished diamond amongst the sea of diarrhoea that is (((CY Gaming))), my friend. This one is a solid 8/10 in my book.

Mark of the Ninja

Mi negro!

das combat has always been clunky and shitty. i admit that i like it but let's not pretend that it's some paragon of combat design; each battle largely plays out the same especially if you're a pvpfag

Tenchu Z is my favorite ninja game.
Was made by Fromsoft.
Missions range from:

Maybe you just never got good, or you've played very few games so you don't have any perspective on the topic. Anyone claiming DaS combat is "clunky and shitty" either dislikes the genre, in which case their opinion isn't worth much on the subject, or they're genuinely bad players, and again their opinion isn't worth anything.

It would be like me giving my opinion on what constitutes a good VN.

but DaS, DeS, and DaS2 combat was good, bloodborne combat isn't. they jumped the shark with that edge shit and false "speed".

DaS3 was not so bad, at least they brought back defense as a viable tactic, but it was still too poisoned by bloodborne gameplay.

all fast paced (except the smough guy) and pretty different, all happened earlier today

also dark souls is tight as fuck controls wise, the only thing even remotely not tight and intuitive and responsive are tapping b while running to jump.

I have only played dark souls and 2 so far but combat isnt good in 2, its sluggish as hell, really slow, the only defensive action is dodging and spacing ect.
high points to give it a fair go is that magic is better (although pyromancy is retarded now) and actually getting into someones world to fight them is much MUCH faster.

BB combat is sort of its own thing. It's completely understandable if you prefer BB combat over Souls combat, or if you prefer Souls combat over BB combat, but neither are bad, they're just different.

I do agree that the addition of BB style extremely fast/flailing enemies in 3 felt shoehorned and out of place

You know how many terrible controlling NES games I could list to you right now that I've beaten?

Do you know just because I mastered their shitty controls doesn't make them suddenly good?

I felt like BB combat just makes the problems with the normal Souls style combat worse in PvE anyways, by the time I played it the PvP was so dead it didn't matter. Good atmosphere though
"oh you're out of stamina back off until you're full, dodge through attacks"

While Nioh suffers from the same general issues, at least it punishes you for being low on stamina and gives you ways to negate it with the Ki pulse system.

You control the game with your mind instead>>12022466
The way they handle Ki pulse system is horrible though, who want to play a rhythm game while you're in combat. It split your attention between the enemy and the stamina bar

Problem it has is once you figure out a MISSION thats it, you figured out the mission. Shadow tactics is fun, but it has low replay-ability. Most stealth games are like this.

BB the gun counter allows you to be aggressive when playing which drastically speeds up combat in comparison to other games

Also BB/DS3 you attack with equal or greater speed than your enemies, Demon/Dark Souls every attack you can do is slower than what your foes can pull off unless it's PVP, which makes it a boring slog and you're constantly fighting with the games mechanics

The argument I keep getting is "If you put in a few hundred hours you can master the controls and it's easy" but that can be said with any poorly controlled game, if you repeat a task enough times you just learn to deal with it, and that doesn't make the game good if you're learning to deal with its crap

BB you're like an aggressive Ninja, DS3 you're a nimble knight, Demon/Dark Souls you just clunk around all day long where everything not only attacks faster than you, they move faster and have better attacks as well

I realized it after I beat I think it was this Stone Gollum thing, it took me like 50 tries but literally all I was doing was circling the thing and waiting, waiting, waiting for it to do the one attack that made it have a large opening so I could hit it

At that point I felt like I was just playing a poorly controlled version of red light green light, and I got other shit to do, worst part is I just came off Bloodbourne and I thought it would be more of the same

Not really, a lot of enemies bosses especially can't be gun countered. The good bosses can, but the unfun ones can't, which unfortunately is 50% of them
It's faster paced "wait for stamina"

Yeah but you can dodge around the bosses in BB far easier, Dark/Demon Souls you always feel like you got an elephant on your back doing anything

That just removes more of the tension from the already formulaic fights IMO.
a lot of enemies in BB as you said can't hit behind them, so it just is waiting for stamina in a completely safe place.

I'm not saying DS has good combat, I'm saying that the so-so combat needed an overhaul to adapt to faster playstyle like Nioh has. At least something to do during the waiting periods for stamina, or a penalty for running out.

It's not a rhythm game though

Yeah that's why Nioh is fun, but ultimately easier in the short run

The sad part is I've yet to see anybody "Break" Nioh, all of From Softwares games everyone who claims they're "Exceptionally easy" have mastered the quickest routes and the places to get the best gear for easy progress, along with knowing how to deal with the game's terrible combat

eh? with most enemies in dark souls you attack at close to the same pace or faster, I am autistic so I will now go through the game.
when I refer to speed I mean movement and attacks unless I separate them btw

you are the fastest thing there
you are the fastest thing there other then NPC, and really only lautrec is fast
fastest, notably gargoyles can fly though
the dogs can lunge and dodge, but cant attack often, the rouges feel kinda fast but they operate more or less the same rules as the player
fastest, although you may be overwhelmed by numbers and the night of thorns is kinda fast.
fastest while you are unhampered, move speed is the only thing hurt.
skeletons can easily overwhelm but not because of speed, wheel skeletons are faster then you
player is fastest
player is fastest or tied, you can outrun the npc in garden but shiva will chase you for a long time.
fastest but might be overwhelmed
fastest
batwing demons dont attack or move faster then you but they seem very agile and have a range attack, same with painting gaurdians, O&S will action economy the fuck out of a lone player as well, and the giant shield knights have a huge dodge
player is fastest
SPIN THE WHEEL
nothing is faster then you but hordes can overwhelm
dinosaur buts are too fucking big, its hard to even tell how fast they are, but other then that enemies are notably slow.
slow but hordes
channelers act slow as fuck but have a teleport to run away to range
bloated guys are kinda fast but not really
HOLY SHIT ARTORIAS IS FAST, ITS TURBO SIF, MANUS STOP FUCKING CASTING, GODDAM KALAMEET JUST SHOW ME YOUR ASS
black knights feel like they are moving underwater mostly but sometimes surprise you.
HOLY SHIT GWYN CALM DOWN but apparently you can just parry to death since he is so aggressive.

so the only places where you feel like you are slow are

Have you seen the speedrun of Nioh? I think the fastest one as of now is 1:25:25. Their has been several before and it keeps getting lower.

You have to timed it just right while the bar filled up which required you to look at the stamina bar, pretty similar to a rhythm game or Gear of War reload mechanic.

Back on the topic of Ninja Games, what are the must plays?

What is supposed to be the best light armor when going a ninja route. I found some armor and some weapons that scale with spirit that are really good. Should I try to go for purple rarity ones?

Yeah, until it came out i thought we'd never see a good game again. But after so many years there is hope.