Conan Exiles

So, the Holla Forums server is dead. Can we finally say that the game is shit?

At The end of the day it ends up with the basic flaw in making early access games. you get the release hype of of a game that is not done. everyone blows their load over it. so the peak player count gets to be right over where the game is the most shit. instantly turning people off from the game and by the time they could have possibly fixed it their most of their player base has already left the game. that is assuming they bother to finish the game, rather than just release dlc.

hahaha oh wow, its such a garbage game it didnt even last what, 2 weeks?

thats what you get for falling for the "survival open world" meme. any game with this as a selling point is automatic trash.

who even cares about the conan IP anymore?

it was pirate server.

denuvo == shit

It's almost like a law of nature.

It's not a game user. There are no rules. It's a toy for autism levels. Every single one of them. They can never be good because all you can do is tweak algorithms. There is no design, so it can never be finished. And it prints money so there will be no end to it. Retards falling for it time after time. DayZ was fucking cancer.

Host shat the bed for some reason. All VMs were powered off. Dunno why, there wasn't a power outage that I'm aware of, and the host looks ok.

If you fags want, I'll bring it back up, but only if people are still playing it.

would play some more with my fellow kangs but there haven't been more than 2 on at a time including myself.

the original survival game was not day z but minecraft and all other survival games keep ripping it off but with "better graphics" even if that means dropping what made minecraft fun. the faction based pvp servers could be fun and where for a time. with the faction mods letting clans claim land so to raid it you needed to kill off players until the clan "power" dropped to a level where you could start claiming there land. rather than just wait for them to log off and steal their shit. and the "autism masters" could have been cut down simply by removing diamond armor/weapons

all this game has going for it is ass, dicks, tits and balls, and that only lasts a short while

I think we can just let it die, then. It was a good run.

It suffers from being a grind if there's only one of you to being too easy if there's more than 3 and once you're established all there is to do is kill tougher/grindy monsters and build everything you can, which isn't enough. You hit lvl 50 and it's Minecraft survival mode.

They don't even let you get the remainder of the recipes once you hit 50, which wouldn't make it much better in any case but is still mildly irksome.

I've not seen one hostile player, they all just bitch-raid while you're unconscious or just the pointless faggoty destruction of waypoints just cos the player is a cock-end.

It need fuckloads more to it, the process of getting gud is so swift it's no challenge just a chore and something to incentivise people who'll hit 50 in 2 weeks and be sick of it thereafter.

no shit genius. point being, game is so shit they couldn't be bothered to make it last more than 2 weeks.

couldn't tell with you "CANT BELIEVE YOU GUYS FELL FOR IT" seemed to imply that we put money down on it.

Nigga you don't understand.
We had wurm threads for years, have you seen that game? It's one of notch's failed projects.

Yup.
Piracy makes legitimate sales skyrocket due to the power of word-of-mouth. It's free advertising that signal-boosts good games and good games only.
When a company adds anti-piracy measures to their game, they're loudly proclaiming that their game is so bad that the word-of-mouth boost from piracy would have the opposite effect and crash their sales.

I'm a buyfag to the core - haven't pirated a game since 2002 - and I avoid piracy-protected games like the fucking plague.

Serious question. Is there any game that Holla Forums consistently organizes in? It seems like there isn't even one decent game I see consistently being talked about.

project gorgon sometimes

How can I play with other players using a pirated version? The serverlist is always empty for me.

Just follow the advice in your picture there

WURM

The game has boobs and dicks so it will sell well.

new Holla Forums server when?

never, tbh

I would host one, if someone tells me how

this game runs like if you take an engine, drain the oil, and replace it with cum

welp even the non Holla Forums users have realized that it is shit so most of the servers are down. but you got to launch steam as the pirate version uses "spacewar" a steam debug tool to connect pirates together.

If you mean any games, that Age of Wushu game thread is usually up.

Problem with Wurm is the server they're gone back to playing on is fucked by virtue of the admin being anti-Holla Forums and using settings that are not conducive to a decent experience now.

Can't sell shit you've made anymore and the idea that there'd be trading between groups is laughable as they virtually never encounter one and other due to the population being so low.

How can you have a thread for this without posting nude women from the game.

Sejkt here, we had a good run lads but there's simply not much more to do in the game. I might buy the game when if it's completed one day with better combat and more content, also i'll probably use the same name if we ever get a Holla Forums clan going again.
Until then, see ya queers.

because that is literally a non issue in the game. you cant get your dick wet and if you could you wouldn't be able to fuck other players because if you could no one would play their wifu because they would just get cucked. as is you only see tits if someone is just starting or their armor broke. but that is not even a game mechanic in pvp just pve where you have to worry about hyenas crewing your armor off while slowing you and doing shit for damage.

Servers running rape mods when?

never because the modding tools only let you do replacements. there is no editing of scripts.

Bullshit, not even Funcom would be this retarded, r-right?

well we could, as we have the non denovo version we could have our own updates but we would need people to put money down to buy some plugins that they used to make the game, then we could use the full power of the unreal engine. but the official modding tools are just tweaking variables and model/texture replacements.

i'm assuming, gotta keep it PC and shit, and something about not letting people just make a new game out of their framework that "they worked hard on" a new map or scrapping the meme ass building system, that "just works" would to so much for the game. but then their writers would be out of the job and the money/man hours that they pored into their rip off building system would have been wasted. and cant let the investors know that they fucked up at all.

but hey this game gave me the inspiration to start my own project so hey i'm happy with it being a complete pice of shit and not wasting my energy modding it.

There's the guys that play Project Reality often and they have a Discord Server where they shitpost in and post lewds.

Maybe they'll wisen up halfway through development and realize that they should just let modders do their thing and allow Exiles to stand out from the crowd of EA survival games.
Hopefuly.

You certainly are a faggot.

I have to be honest with you, anons. I bought this game, and in retrospect it feels like it's quite engaging in a sense – the fact that there are updates, and ones that make it easier on newer players is also encouraging only steel weapons can penetrate tier 1 walls/doors, everything else must be detonated with an explosive jar, which isn't cheap and the server is full of raiders, but none of it has been particularly spiteful yet. The admin is also pretty friendly and encourages playing to the games strengths, his crew even built a massive arena which is pretty sexy.

I spent a lot of time playing it in the last couple days, but I will admit that I do have mixed feelings when I see anons who also played in the pirate server ripping on it in this thread over the features that I too find a little dreary; gear sensitive combat is a little counter intuitive when Conan himself is depicted walking around in next to nothing whilst still being the ultimate badass..

Anyway, if you anons really are craving some more and want some updates that remove some of the more annoying features teleporting enemies due to lag when the server is busy has been fixed for the most part. then you should buy it for cheap on one of the key retailer sites and then go from there.. You guys spent 2 weeks in there so it can't all have been that bad surely?

The popular servers are also usually very busy if that's an incentive, even when it's least busy there's still about 20 or so people online, and it can accommodate around 60 players at max.

What kind of mmo is that?

Don't think it was ever trying to be an mmo fam, it's an early access survival game which is probably a little bit more noteworthy than it's competition due to breaking the mold of the genre somewhat.

Then you're new.
Just go to the catalog and find any of the multiple online generals we have and the ones for random games that pop up sometimes.

Can we pirate the new flavor of survival?

no this game looks like shit. Might as well be called Pressing Buttons Simulator.

the only element of shit here is you, Kill yourself.

Reminder anyone who says "waaah" is always wrong and the true faggot.

waaaambulance is an old meme, not knowing about your e-tears solidifies you as an absolute redditor newfag.

Look, I just want some SS13 shenanigans that's different from the usual 2d lagfest.

Once you hit 50, 2 to 3 weeks in, you'll just kind of be done with it, the incentive to do things to level is gone so everything you do past that is a bit hollow. It'll hemorrhage players when the lions share hit that point as there's (as yet) nothing to be gained that's significantly better than what you can make/loot/have made for you.

I can't help but feel I sort of undermine these games when I organise shit in the communal hubs, same with MC when I could be bothered with it. They become literal safe spaces where we can retreat to after being out in the big bad and be almost guaranteed to find what or who they need to continue their task because everyone generally chips in or hangs out in/fortifies them.

So commie hubs, while useful and productive to groups, ultimately kill survival games longevity by virtue of making everything *even more* too easy, or current lacklustre survival games at least.

Other players from Holla Forums

Tits.

Dragging slaves is highly entertaining to an observer especially when the bizarre slow physics of falling objects comes into play.

Getting a hub going, everyone is needed and valued.

Ambitious projects early on that in retrospect aren't that ambitious.

Getting trophy heads.

Sandstorms.

When you fight a rhino you get stuck in it's body and see through it.

Slaves falling through blocks/stations and bugging out into BAD ENTRY inventory clutter that can no longer be used, gr8m8.

Plant fibre collection without a wealth of those spindly tropical trees and a steel pick is a fucking chore start to finish and you need an infinite imperial fuckload of it to get *any* shit done.

Aggro as fuck animals chewing on walls and foundations forever if you're dumb enough to build at ground level, the noise can be hideous and you get bum-rushed soon as you set foot out the door.

Slaves aggro-ing said aggro as fuck animals with arrow fire which causes the animals to attack the walls beneath and the auto-halfwit 'archer' to shoot arrows into the roof of his own building causing it to collapse (if it's made of mud and spit) and then float in the air midway like an even shitter David Blaine.

Learning you can combat this by placing a foundation block near their spawn point.

Can only learn some of the the recipes, whateves.

Hyenas can just cunt the fuck off, they're the Cliff Racers of this game but they NEVER stop being a pain in the ass regardless of your level or gear, 80% auto cripple heel bite unless you go everywhere with the intention of combatting them on sight and balls to that.

Elevation scuppers nearly all pathfinding of creatures and built structures utterly stump the NPCs/thralls too.

Bark.

No marble, granite, gold, silver etc.

No tits past first tasset.

Not enough enclaves of white women dancers.

This shit right here.

also they all where rags. but i did find one, with dancer gear, spawned on the ship but i couldn't get her solo. then some fuckwit leveled my level 3 wheel for no fucking reason. then i rebuilt it and the server ended. also never got to kill a dragon.

Would a hyena or ostrich take 2 sword blows and keep coming at someone if there was no threat to it's young?

Oh also on the good side: The comedy physics of the trees when they 'fall' and spaz out like they're powerballs made of cork.

would a rhino 3 hyenas and a dragon team up to kick one humans ass?

I can only surmise that unwashed human ass/unshaven bush smells like ambrosia to animals, this would explain why IRL dogs go for the crotch on introduction.

This is a salient point, truth be told I couldn't give a toss but apparently some people have a hardon for it that they wanted waxing.

Is there a plan to put together some kind of plot for a single player mode or is it just this mode with more bells and whistles being attached in updates?

its just solo play.

This is why many servers encourage wipes, which essentially are fresh starts so that everyone has an equal opportunity to come out on top so to speak. I can definitely fathom quite clearly that after a while or so, there would be no greater feat and no greater challenge to overcome, but I think that's why people enjoy playing on the populated servers so much; things can go awry so quickly and without warning that it's never really a dull moment, and there's always going to be a contender unless you're actively destroying everyone, but that just inevitably drives people away from the server.

There's also PVE/Solo/Co-op if you're really getting a good dicking from everyone and just want a true clean break/some practice in your own time.

I assume this is for the pirated version? I can tell you what's different in the full one for comparison, if you like.

Not in the server we're in, that we are aware of.. Do miss the banter tbh
Still there but the slow physics have been fixed somewhat and captives will phase through objects as if nothing is amiss.
I assume by hub you mean some kind of base? Yea that's still applicable, there is the constant potential threat of raiders though, and more players invariably means more raiders
Never had that happen to me in the full version
I believe thrall paving has been improved upon at least a small amount Have seen at least one BAD ENTRY thus far though
Haven't noticed nearly as much precedence for plant fiber in the full version, that said it's a x2 gathering server but even so when you compare it to another useful resource it's really not that centristic at all.
Still happens. Fuck spiders/hyenas.. Also only certain spiders spit regularly now, the lower tier ones are much easier to kill.
Haven't seen this yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened minus the floating. Possibly
Feels kinda cheap don't it? Works with resources too. Nice if you wanna deprive some fucker of his natural resources
I think all recipes are available in the full version
If you're high enough level you can punch a hyena or two to death whilst wearing nothing. If you're low level, then good luck. But they are definitely the cunts of Conan Exiles, tied closely by spiders.
Still happens
Steel pickaxe vs Any Tree = gg
True. I would imagine at least some would be added at a later date. I have no idea what the devs next course of action would be with this game though.. Those steam charts are a little worrying.
This definitely sucks. Fuck cloth bras. I assume they did this because they wanted the armors to double up as a form of clothing
Wouldn't matter too much to us, we discussed enslaving nothing but black slaves before because of the name of our base. Isengard It's well situated, but in the middle of a clusterfuck of different groups and it's essentially been made into a massive castle spiralling up a huge stone pillar.

These are the screenshots I took this morning, I haven't been on since I need to go to bed.. Pulled an all nighter again.

They look alright user, but you could better

Nobody ever said anything about the dick being a selling point. It's just a gimmick and frankly it's about time games start showing nudity on naked characters.

In what way did it break the mold?

I'm pretty sure at this point Funcom should not make a MMO with Conan cause of this Exact shit happening in Age of Conan.

I read in patch notes a while back that the devs fixed it so archers can't destroy buildings anymore. That was genuinely one of my biggest gripes.