Are classic Diablo threads a thing?

Never again will there be a Diablo game that is gritty and gothic as the original (and 2).

what really triggers me is whenever i try to talk about diablo around other people, they go off about how the third game is blizzard's magnum opus. fucking normalfags

PoE is pretty edgy m8

From the normalfag perspective, it really is the better game. All of the highly effective and fun builds in D2 require runewords that you'll realistically never see if you play self-found without botting. Trading essentially requires the use of D2JSP due to the in-game trading options being trash-tier.

Diablo 1 is actually a pretty good normalfag game by that standard as well, since it's designed around being played with self-found items.

I just never found any of the games interesting or good. Its straight up late 90's edgy trash.

Possibly. I first played this when I was 8, so the nostalgia goggles are pretty hefty.

Having spent a hefty time with the HD mod original Diablo and recently with the Titan Quest Anniversary edition, I can say that the former is the better game– though it shouldn't be. The original diablo's setting, story, audio and atmosphere are all top notch, and this makes it much better than Titan Quest but loses in the gameplay department as it should being a later title. It is remarkable to me how Diablo was such a great game that it destroys nearly all games after still to this day and yet was never officially remade or remastered for any other system, especially mobile where it would absolutely sell like hotcakes without having much risk or cost to do it. It is a comfy yet engaging game.

Hell settings are by far my favorite. I wish we could get more of them instead of cartoony, manchild crap or hipsters who think adding technological elements to historical settings is new or innovative.

Goths love hell settings though, and they are massive manchildren

forgot pic

Oh hey, an excuse to post this.

I still play it every once in a while, it's the one with the most passion put into every element of the game.
I play D2 as well but Diablo is just fantastic.

Looks like I struck a nerve. Shouldn't you be playing Bioshock Infinite?

Is this supposed to have all the video play in a second and the audio plays out in normal time, or is my browser just fucked up?

Diablo is probably one of the few PC games I still physically have a copy of, a wonderful game.

99% chance it is your browser.

It's your browser. Here's the sauce.

I dont remember normalfags playing diablo 1

I see 'em crop up here every few months. Apparently "The Hell" mod is good.

I was playing D1 Hellfire today. Shamelessly duplicating items between single player characters with the help of Cornerstone of the World thingy.

Big deal. What infuriates me is when people say that Blizzard made d1-2 and they never heard of Blizzard North.

I don't know OP, ask the Party an Approved list of Games to Make Threads For™

Diablo was huge when it first came out. To give you an idea of how big it was, the Infinite Engine was created as a way to capitalize on it's popularity.

Did you know that if you cast a spell from a staff, and then quickswap to a different spell as it's casting, it won't use up a charge on the staff?

I only know that we're supposed to rehash Bethesda, Fallout and Sonic threads daily and WebM threads are supposed to have everything but video game related WebM's

People making threads for bad games, getting upset when their threads get shitposted to death, and going into threads for good games to cry about muh mindcrime is my favorite recurring storyline on Holla Forums.

HD mod is great, also has a lot of cut content you can play.

I'd never make a thread since that'd require me to be OP, who's a gigantic faggot.

Unless you mean "normalfags" as "people that have literally never played a video game" this is incorrect.

everyone played diablo 1, well anyone that had a PC at the time. You could play battle.net as well even on pirated versions.

I forgot it was on ps1 as well

Blizzard will never make a non cartoony quirky bullshit game ever.
Just like they will never make a good game ever again.

This. The butthurt is so enjoyable, and they usually sperg out in multiple threads.

HELLO OVERCUCKS

Where did you get that I like Overwatch from my post? My post is mocking the type of crybaby that gets told a game he likes is shit and then spergs out in multiple unrelated threads about it.
I imagine most Overcucks fall in this category.

Dunno about "again", but in terms of grittiness and gothicness Souslbornes were exactly like Diablo.

Aye, just realized was mocking
My apologies

I'm still a bit sad that Hellgate didn't work out. It was basically a first/third person diablo mechanically spoiled by MMO like UI and the horrible spam of MMO like quests.

SCREW MECHANICS
SCREW PLAYABILITY
IT NEEDS MORE DIVERSITY!

Bliztard's current fans are Blizzdrones whose first game was World of Warcraft, you know who were the majority of the designers of Diablo 3? from World of Warcrarft, match made in heaven in shit taste.