Smash 5 Discussion

What do you want to see in Smash 5? Include Stages, Characters, Music, etc

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/XSL1G
strawpoll.me/12447155
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My one desire is to play as roll from megaman.

I want the whole cast to be only Fire Emblem characters

I want to play as meta knight, and have his super smash be turning into galacta knight.

I WANT NARUTO AND SASUKE THEY'RE MY FAVS

Don't forget that they all need down+B counter attacks too.

Then you want Smash 4 on Wii U

I want a Castlevania rep (Simon being the most likely) and a Castlevania stage that takes place on the stairs leading up to Dracula's throne room in his castle, with the Moon in the background and Death flying around while some kickass remixes of Castlevania songs play.

Dart from Legend of Dragoon, Abe from Oddworld, and Kannon from Wild Arms 2.

Just rub salt in playstation allstars wounds.

Ray 01 when?

I'd rather MegaMan X tbh

I just don't want another amiibo cash grab.
I know I will never get that wish though.

Won't they just port Smash from Wii U like they did with Mario Kart 8?
Then they don't have to make a new game since the platform has one.

I want a party game that's just fun to casually play and not overblown as some pinnacle of fighting games by a bunch of aspies who can't enjoy Peach smacking Kirby around with a baseball bat.

I want market researchers to leave

put my nigga quote in

Professor Layton
More Metroid characters(the potentially interesting ones like dark samus or weavel, not fucking ridley)
Dante from the Devil May Cry series
Sanic is practically a nintendo property by this point, so I feel like one or two more characters from that could work out

Shills for massive companies that can afford it are enough of a stretch, but you're out of your goddamn mind if you think a dying japanese company like nintendo is going to send researchers to a small gaijin website that nobody even knows about

I just want Nintendo to care again but that's not happening. Ever.

I want a good fucking game so I can stop playing autism simulators like Melee and PM.

>OP in name field
Oh boy, I wonder if this is a crosspost.

Isaac
Ray (Custom Robo)
Alexandra Roivas

8Ch is Nipponese owned. Still doubt they'll post here.

STREAM IT

Ridley

I wasn't aware Jim was a nip, your newfag is showing

I want mario to have a bigger mustache. I'm sure the switch can afford more resources to that.

Jim and CM conduct their business in the Philippines and Japan, also HW has gone on record saying Holla Forums is more Japanese than 4chan

Why are so many faggots doing this now?
Fucking hell, there's a reason so many of us left halfchan.

well yes, but they're probably gonna bring in some new characters as well. I hope they upgrade some assist trophies like Saki, Ray, Isaac, Jill Dozer and Takamaru. However it's unlikely.

I don't remember exactly, but weren't we also an official partner site to 2ch or something

Jim works for 2ch retard

Travis Touchdown would be one, that new game coming for the Switch may add some support for that.

I want, but know it won't happen. Banjo Kazooie.

Now, from a tweet from Sony saying the the Crash Trilogy being on PS4 and Vita "First" makes me believe the trilogy would be multiplat possibly, so maybe we could see a Crash Bandicoot? Would be neat.

Why X? it be more fun to play as a cute loli.

Just make the game as non competitive as possible in hopes that tourney autists fuck off from the FGC forever.
t. meleefag

My biggest desire is for Mashpotato Samurai to NOT return as director. I hope he doesn't pull a Miyazaki again and "come out of retirement" to be director again. Because his "muh party game" philosophy to making Brawl and Smash 4 just held them back.
For Characters:

I agree Sakurai really hurt the series in terms of progression. It's not a matter of making it "like melee" but rather Sakurai never evolved from Melee, only making half assed versions of Melee's gameplay with much more content. I'd like to see someone like Harada make the next game while evolving off Melee, rather than devolving from it.

That was Brawl, and that was terrible.

I just feel he would work better than standard Megaman due to his armor powers, I also like him better. Although if it was up too me, I would only add in DMC3 Dante for the next one and then fuck off with the third parties.

Want me to delete and remake it?

This

They're not content with farming (you)s on 4chan anymore, it seems.

Have you considered making crossposting like this a bannable offense?

I'd file it under Rule 8, however that would also mean we'd have to use cuckchan.

Inklings from Splatoon
Ice Climbers back
Wonder-Red from W101
Rhythm Heaven rep
Impa
Dixie Kong
Waluigi
AND PIC RELATED

The part that sickens me is that it'll probably happen

That is a monkey paw and you know it. You know they will pick a person who is more "approved by higher ups" instead of an actual better director

I want a Wave Race stage and an Urban Champion stage

And no more guest characters

Either way it's gonna happen

How about just Dante since we already have Bayonetta, Cloud and Snake. He's practically needed to complete things in both the Playstation characters and the rivalry between him and Bayonetta.

Also a crossover stage between Star-Fox and Ace Combat 5 would be nice.

I don't really care, I already got bayonetta, and hopefully they'll put her in again. Inklings would be cool though.

Isaac, for the love of god he's been the Ridley meme behind Ridley since brawl, except he could actually be added on the game. Just make him do flashy psynergy stuff instead of making him a generec FE sword guy

She'll probably be in the next one with Dante.

I want to get rid of all guest characters.

But we already have Robin user.

I can't imagine it's more than just a few people crossposting, I don't remember this being much of a problem until recently.

someone will make that bullshit argument, even after all the characters that made it into 4 for every stupid reason in the book

Honestly, the only guest characters that should remain are Sonic, MegaMan (or X) and Pac-Man. However I also believe that once a character is in smash then they should return to smash. So yeah, fuck Sakurai for doing that shit with the DLC and Snake. Also did you notice that all of the DLC newcomers are either third parties or Fire Emblem? it's bullshit.

- Every character from Fire Emblem that uses a sword
- The entire cast of Sonic. All are nearly identical to Sonic with minor changes that retarded fanboys will claim makes them "not clones"
- A Gen 17 Pokémon rep that only young children and low-functioning autistic manchildren know of
- "Toon Shader Link" from BotW
- Every single Mario character as a baby
- The four main faggots from FF15
- Sephiroth
- Lightning from FF13, who takes up most of the space on the game's cover and is presented strongly in all promotional material
- "Female Pikachu" exactly the same as Pikachu but has her own character slot

you're spot on, and we'll take care of the issue if it becomes a bigger one.

They will, and they're retarded. especially since Isaac specializes in Earth magic, and Robin doesn't have any of that shit.

That post gave me autism, 25 years ago.

Only if the 3DS stages are ported along with

Naked Snake from Metal Gear 3DS

Just get rid of third party character or at least keep them at a minimum like 2 or 3 this is supposed to by a fighting game with Nintendo characters not MUGEN and stop clogging the roster with FE characters 3 is enough we don't need 6.

Uncensored trophies. I guess that's asking too much from Nintendo.

Mario
Luigi
Wario
Peach
Yoshi
Bowser

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Link
Zelda/Sheik (merge)
Ganondorf
Tingle

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario

Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Pit

Samus/Zero Suit (merge)

Fox
Falco

Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Marth
Ike
Chrom

Ness

Ice Climbers

Villager

Isaac
Jenna

Shulk(?)

Captain Rainbow

(Optional)Out-of-Nintendo:
Megaman
Zero
Sonic
Tails or Knuckles

Robin doesn't exactly work like Isaac, the moves are much different, instead of generic spells he can literally summon a giant sword to stab someone, can summon vines and brambles, can cast earthquakes, can throw stalagmite spears at you and most importantly the thing that sets him apart the most is the Djinn system from his game (pronounced Genie)

The more Djinn of his type you collected, the more you could "set" to him to increase his powers exponentially, or you could mix and match for a variety of classes, but because the party shared Djinn and had to have around the same amount, setting Djinn on one party member would have an effect on another. You could also expend Djinn to summon shit, which would power you down statistically for a few turns, but in exchange you'd really wreck someone.

You realize that any Snake in Smash going forward will be voiced by Kiefer Sutherland, right?

Why? He wasn't even the main character in his own game and he'd probably end up as a Marth clone like Lucina was.

Oh, I also forgot Peppy, Slippy, and Krystal. All are derivatives of Fox and all use the Landmaster as their final snag.

And it will be fucking hilarious. Just imagine Kiefer's drunk ass voice in a smash brothers game.

Are you fucking kidding me guys? Hes been in enough nintendo games to be qualified, but then they add not 1, but 2 fucking fire emblem characters.

I want a good offline single and coop mode. The single player on Wii U sucks. The vast majority of it is just some bullshit filler between fights. I miss SSE and even single player for Melee.

Smash 4 took the series from a combination of fighting and adventure game to just a fighting game with mini-games.

I feel like Smash 4 was a waste for cast too. It feels like they didn't take risks by adding interesting and relatively unknown characters. Melee did awesome by adding almost unknown characters like Ice Climbers and Game and Watch. And we got characters like Dedede and Meta Knight too.

Smash 4 we got third party, Fire Emblem, and Wii Fit Trainer. There were so many good ideas floating around like Dixie Kong, K Rool, Takamaru, ridley, etc.

They need to consolidate characters by having different skins have different skills. Two character slots for Fire Emblem, skins just change the moves slightly. Not 6 of those sword fags with the same generic flail a sword around bullshit.

I like Smash 4, but it really feels like a game wher they were playing it safe. Instead of putting in fringe characters like Game and Watch or Ice Climbers, they added super popular characters.

No one was thinking that way when they added Ice Climbers or Game and Watch to Melee. It just feels like they only added popular characters this round.

Daily Reminder

Miis were mostly a mistake. I wish they had more varied movesets.

You should add Zelda, but get this… what if: Zelda was a girl?

Smash 5 isn't coming for a while, but for Smash 4 on Switch I hope they add Snake and Wolf back, plus maybe Rayman or something I dunno

I could go on about mechanical details or a dozen character suggestions, but those are the big general things.

THIS TIME

She's not even a fucking star fox character anymore tbh

I want Nintendo to give Krystal back to Microsoft. It wouldn't really accomplish anything, but at least it would keep her out of Starfox.

Too bad Dinosaur Planet didn't happen instead of Star Fox Adventures

We already have a "wacky retro character", Duck Hunt Dog

Why not give the fans Melee HD,that will calm them down,say that they 'want to take time with the changes' and plan the next smash 1 or 2 consoles later.
Then make Smash with a fuckhuge amount of everything.As in,characters,stages,characters,you name it.

Ray Mk2 or 3 from Custom Robo they're the main ones from the newest game.

From the best selling NES game. Smash 4 didn't take risks with new characters. It was a popularity contest.

Nothing obscure like Game and Watch or Ice Climbers. Brawl even had ROB and Lucas as somewhat obscure characters. Smash had nothing obscure. As obscure as it gets is Rosalina, who is in a ton of other Wii U games, and Shulk from Wii. No obscure retro characters at all.

Still wish she had been in her own game tbh fam.
She would be like Samus but with a higher chance to induce random boner.

pick one

And Mr. Game and Watch, ROB, and Ice Climbers weren't "wacky retro characters"? Sukapon fits Smash way more than fucking Cloud. Putting Cloud in Smash is like putting fucking Goku in there.

Yeah but those weren't all introduced in 4

- It wouldn't make "a new mario or zelda" sales
- everyone who would play it has probably grown up and moved on or is playing in tournies and would most likely find lag or timing off in the game. Also it doesn't have the gamecube controller hardware
- If they just port it, it will be stupid because they will be lazy as possible and not implement online. so when no one buys the game for their multiplayer on the go, connect across another console like a handheld, they will go "I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THEY DIDN'T BUY IT !?"

I liked duck hunt dog, but I can see the fustration of having him in instead of other more noteworthy games

Duck Hunt is a totally obscure lol so random retro character :^)

Didnt they confirm a melee hd already?

Duck Hunt was bundled with Super Mario Bros. and came with the system. Sure, it's the biggest of Nintendo's abandoned NES franchises, but the sales number is kind of inflated.

Better yet

Make them Selectable skins in the same slot. They will have their own set of skills. but having them taking so many spaces for similar movesets is kinda shitty. It's not like Zero Suit and Varia Suit Samus.

The worst example is Roy/Lucina/Ike/Marth

4 Fucking Lords, all have similar movesets and design because… They are Lords.They should all occupy the same slot.

Characters like Lucas-NEss
Mario/DrMario should be put in the same slot. Right now selection screen looks like it's from a NES bootleg Mortal Kombat game with 100 hundred characters and 50 of them are Baraka

No they've just tacitly confirmed Gamecube VC games

PM was at really early stages of him being implemented, anlong with some chick from Advance wars, until They decided to shut down their project for either no reason or a really dumb one. I'm still not sure on that part.

I want more and better stages including Poke Floats, the ability to import and play your own music, and aside from a slight general speed boost and a few choice nerfs/buffs, very few changes/tweaks to Smash 4's gameplay.

In order of preference: Bomberman, Rayman, Snake, Isaac, King K. Rool, Dark Samus, Travis Touchdown, Takamaru, Banjo-Kazooie, Ice Climbers, Ray 01, Paper Mario, Simon Belmont, Samurai Goroh, Krystal, Chibi-Robo, Wolf, Squirtle, Sceptile, Captain Rainbow, Wonder-Red/Wonderful 101. The Inklings are a shoo-in so I won't even mention them.

I'm not anti-Ridley at this point but if he gets put in, he should be shrank by a shrink ray as his opening animation.

Yeah, are you retarded? Duck Hunt is a game that literally everyone everywhere has played. That picture isn't even counting the millions of bootleg Famicom units with Duck Hunt bundled that have been sold for the last 30+ years. Holy shit you are stupid.

you're more than likely joking. Then again, fucking Cloud is in sm4sh, and I don't even know if the remake will be on the WiiU or switch.

Roy and Ike play nothing like Lucina/marth(which are almost clones)

Fuck nu-smash, I'll stay with my Project M

Project M isn't pure it's just a real game as opposed to how shitty smash 4 is in comparison.

Might have 4 FE characters, but at least it has a bunch more too
Smash 4 has the worst roster I have ever seen

All that sounds awful.

It's not like Melee's was much better with two Mario variants, two Fox variants and two Pikachu variants.

It also has PM Zelda, but as a goat, and a big fucking bear. He's not really based on any characters, he's just a big fucking bear. Pretty well-balanced for the most part. Bottom tier can win tournaments and does.

what

Post that goat, for science.

Smash 4 has been the smash game I've played the least out of all. I'm already not pleased with the paid online bullshit of the switch itself, so if for some reason I end up getting one, this time I am dead set on the following rule to involve myself in smash 5:

NO PLAYABLE WALUIGI=NO GAME

Beetle Donald Trump's recovery is a giant rock pillar so people joke he's building a wall. Not Fox is basically Wolf but with fire attacks that apply a dot.
Bird Marth is a bird whose attacks are pretty similar to Marth's, but using wings instead of a sword.
There is a character who is basically just Cloud with a smaller sword, because of patches to how his abilities work. He can power up certain moves when he absorbs enough smoke. And they've said they have two guest characters planned, but not who they are.

I have trouble playing her but it is very satisfying to sweetspot those aerials.

Yeah, I'll probably be skipping Smash 5 just because of the paid online. It's a huge turnoff.

Finally someone who wants her in rather than "She's not a Star Fox character because Dinosaur Planet was it's own game"

Also hate that even Sakurai hates her by excluding her in the Orbital Gate stage along with Star Wolf since that was the most climatic part of Assault.

And Urban Champion, never ever.

Fuck, at this point any fanmade Super Smash is better.

Who is this character and why is it giving me a boner?

Fire Emblem DLC costumes for the whole roster.

That's just Goat Zelda. I guess you're a furry.

Because you are a huge faggot and have a hoof fetish.

Fucking this, since Sakurai was pulling bullshit characters out of his ass, he could not add Waluigi, Robotnik, more Punch Out characters or any other character who meant to be fighting.

Dare I ask where pic 2 is cropped from?

I just want melee honestly

I don't think it's cropped, Dr. Comet just made it like that.

Takamaru from Mysterious Murasame Castle
Amaterasu from Okami
Kunio from the River City games
Try to be more delusional than me faggots

Ridley
Travis Touchdown
Geno

Checkmate.

Doomguy

Best modern smash game tbh

Delusional?
Nah

Gay?
yes

No thanks. System's a flop and it hasn't even come out yet.

Ouendan (Male) Trio-character
Ashley (Non-Assist Trophy)
Wonder Red.

I'm fucking insaaaaaaane compared to you

I think Inkling is a guarantee in the next Smash. And I don't even really care about the over-abundance of Fire Emblem characters, I just want a Fire Emblem character that ISN'T a sword user.

Goku XD
Ichigo XDD
Naruto XDDD
Baseball Glove XDDDD
Angry Jew XDDDDD
Red Dead Redemption XDDDDDD
Hello Kitty XDDDDDDD
Spike Spiegel XDDDDDDDD
Jar of Mayonnaise XDDDDDDDDD
Attack On Titan XDDDDDDDDDD

Demona from Gargoyles
Lupin III
JonTron

Let's get…
Sailor Moon
Cory In The House
Hannah Montana
Jackie Chan
The Hulk
Undertale
Ovulating Japanese Woman
A Brick
Semon Demon
Shitposter

4 SMASH

Ridley

dubs

i want a handful of lolis to play as

Not dubs, but man are those digits nice to look at

Are you guys fucking retarded or what

meanwhile there is cloud

Don't you talk shit about Mayo Mayor

Thread was "What do you want to see in Smash 5?" Not, "What are you realistically expecting Nintend will put in Smash 5?"

Will he come with a pachinko arena?

You mean like Sonic, Snake and Cloud?

Giygas in mother 1 form, pls not bully

Rayman aside, I get upset when I see pic 2 because there's clearly something wrong with his eyebrows and this was used for a fake leak…

has it been confirmed? I'm out of the loop here

Does it matter? It's Nintendo and they've got a new console (I guess) coming out, so there's no way they're not going to do Smash 5.

Why is the smash sense so fucking cancerous? It's a fun game otherwise but goddamn the fandom, community, and circuit are the worst most faggot shit in gaming.

Why is the smash scene so fucking cancerous? It's a fun game otherwise but goddamn the fandom, community, and circuit are the worst most faggot shit in gaming.

Cross-autism combined with hardcore Nintendo autism.

Snake and Sonic makes sense since they both had games released on Nintendo consoles, Cloud however…

Furfag

Chain of Memories and Theatrhythm?

I guess but those games are not really comparable to Sonic Adventure or MGS: TTS when it comes to popularity.

Do it Mark. This shit is off the rails.

Heh

Doesn't sound like the dumbest shit Bethesda could do

No u

They have virtually nothing in common besides a down-B counter. I obviously hate clone characters, but Ike is not in any way a clone. Frankly I don't see the benefit of having multiple distinct characters in one slot as you suggest; that's just poor organization. I'd rather outright remove the extra characters and turn them into mere skins like the Koopa Kids.

I'LL RIP AND TEAR THROUGH YOUR FIRE EMBLEM WAIFUS!

I AN GONKU FRA SMASH BAKKS

Oh, I thought you meant a bread roll. That would've been WEIRD.

I'd like paper mario with a moveset involving the first two games.

Chibi Robo
Zero
some Mother 3 characters
Gino Diganatonio
Toad
Waluigi
Cranky kong
dixie kong
Pauline.

or you will just be terrible gimmick character with shitty controls like ryu and get ripped and teared through by fire emblem waifus

Why even live fam?

Hey at least the used the Rare design instead of the new Nintendo one, I think he has a good chance for the next one, seeing how the Dong memes are in expansion.

What do you think of this fan made moveset? It's the most detailed one I can find. archive.is/XSL1G

I see a moveset that has nothing to do with frame data, range, pokes, etc. etc. etc.
Without frame data this moveset means nothing. BTW I'm not a smash 4 player I mainly stick to other games but my normy faggot friends are obsessed with smash 4 so I just rape them with the FE characters and Falcon/little mac.

But I think that the moveset is very similiar to little mac to be honest

I'm still waiting on Dark Samus but part of me knows that will never happen

The design philosophy is almost on point though. Doomguy has to be very powerful at range, just good at melee combat, but not so good defense. Just also add in that Doomguy has to be one of the fastest if not the fastest character in smash to make up for his low defense.

sounds just like little mac though
Unless he had a really specialized zoning based moveset he would be kind of a clone
I could even see this version of DoomGuy having a "chainsaw meter" for an instant kill KO.
I don't really care about character inclusion in these kinds of games all I care about is if the character is unique or viable. If he is none of the above he might as well just be a clone. This moveset here doesn't even list any of his special attacks so at face value it just looks like a worse version of little mac.

If you can make her not a clone then sure, but clone characters need to fuck right off.

Nothing. I can't expect Sakurai to do anything right. Modded melee and Project M was Smash 4 as far as I'm concerned. If Sakurai didn't want to be making Smash a fighting game and a party game, he should hand it off to someone else.

I thought that retard wasn't going to make any more smash games though

Well it would be pretty easy not to make her a clone since the way she attacks in the games is completely different than Samus'

Clone characters are a staple of fighting games and telling them to fuck off shows your general ignorance of "how dings wurk"

Reimu
Knuckles
Plague Knight

Fuck that, I hope they do a Smash 4 Deluxe for Switch and leave it at that. I want Sakurai to work on another IP like he did with Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Does that mean pic related is going to appear in the next smash game?

Jotaro Kujo
Spider-Man
John Cena

I'd like to see Shantae. There are a few Nintendo artists who know of her. Ken Sugimori and Ko Takeuchi (even drew some fan art).
Travis Touchdown and Impa would be cool as well.

Do you think Wolf Link & Midna could work?

This is why the world is horrible.

Satoru Iwata.

Is it too much to ask?

Never EVER

No other choice.

I want to see good gameplay brought to the series.

NO

THERE WILL BE NO SHANTAE

REMOVE THIS WHORE FROM GAMING AND DELETE HER SO WE NEVER SEE HER AGAIN

Anyways, regarding who I'd like to see in Smash 5, I have a few choices. In particular, Konami has a lot of good choices that aren't stupid Castlevania shit.

-Snake
-Ganbare Goemon
-Sparkster
-Bomberman

Apart from that, I'd also like to see

-Knuckles the Echidna
-Lip
-Wario with a Wario Land moveset

How could I forget. Phoenix Wright would be a great addition.

Indeed

Yup

How about no.

Nei
Steve from Minecraft
Kurt Cobain
Miles Edgeworth
Gustavus Adolphus
A Fire Emblem character that isn't a fucking Lord (like Tiki, she'd be cool)
Aigis
Naruto

I also have to wonder if they'll ever put in a western character.

Banjo-Kazooie is possible, but I'd also like to see Crash Bandicoot, or Earthworm Jim.

All of Doomguy's B attacks are ranged. Only some A combos involve the chainsaw (like Cpt. Falcon's rapid punch spam thing in melee).

EVERY SMASH

ARISE MY FELLOW RIDLEYFAGS

SWITCH YOUR EXPECTATIONS FOR RIDLEY

Vince the art instructor from the Art Academy series. Would expect the conditions for this character being chosen to be similar to the Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion, a series that sells well but with an obscure "non-combat" main character.

Vince brings the paint!

If you're ever having a bad day, just remember that you don't have Lucina as your waifu. Always remember that your tastes are not so unbelievably shit that you would want to have sex with an assless, breastless, frumpy female Marth.

I wonder what the chance is of Switch Dog being put in as Smash 5's joke character.

Lower than the chance of you not being a furry, user.

Thanks user i'll remember this.

Actually you know what? They should just do a Smash 64 reboot with the original 12 characters but add all sorts of crazy customizations like actual different moves for each character and armour parts like helmet, shoes, gloves, weapons(for link, samus, fox) etc. Add in an adventure mode or dungeon crawling sidescroller that may or may not have 2-player co-op and ditch the cancer that is trophies. Also revamp the stages while adding in different variations and new levels along with maybe an item fusion system ala power stone for maximum curayzee. Yeah, sounds dumb considering roster wishlists and the retarded competitive scene, but it would cut back on a ton of filler characters and add tons of variety and fun to a series overfluffed with anime swordsman and guest characters with phoned in movesets.

I also must emphasize greatly that default movesets for existing clone characters like luigi and… well I suppose he's the only clone, but give him a completely new default moveset. Also add in a create a character that can use almost any move but add in a cost so really good moves like falcon punch and rest cost a fuckton to add but still allow some okay moves to be equip. Or having good moves make your character easier to K.O and/or make them super slow if you go over the move cost as a penalty. These rules would also apply to the other characters also. The custom moves were a step in the right direction in sm4sh but lacked anything beyond being the same move with different properties.

My autism took far too much control on this idea that I usually allow, fuck.

All I want is for every single character to be objectively fun with solid stages for every franchise with great not shitty remixed song selection and not include completely undeserving shit like Jigglyshit, Lucario, Bowser's obnoxious shit spawn of a son, Narutoad, Lucina and Corrin just off the top of my fucking head. But I know that will never happen because 5 is sure to be full of cancer that does deservingly get it ridiculed and trashed to hell just because of it and games still taking too long along with even more shitty new stage selection like 4 because that's obviously what Sakurai thinks is "interesting".

Shit that has no right to be in as a celebration of what joys Nintendo gave us in the past and now other legendary classic icons is the easiest way to shit on nu-"Smash" and not "Super Smash Bros" and Sakurai clearly can't fucking simply keep this in mind when more and more shit gets announced over infinitely better representatives with more potential for fun movesets to beat up each other with.

Can we please not talk about that? I always get a sting in the hearth when we remember him like that.
Only remember the pure Satoru Iwata.

YOUR TIME IS UP
MY TIME IS NOW
YOU CAN'T SEE HE
MY TIME IS NOW

Please don't post more of that shit you furfag

What are the chances of Bomberman getting in now that Super Bomberman R has been announced as a Switch exclusive?

Shut the fuck up, what have you done?

I don't give a shit who's in the roster, all I want is good gameplay. Give me a good game god dammit

good gameplay

phil "sans"ness"" collins for smash tbh

You have autism.

cripplechan is cuckchan + plebbit, faggot. What did you expect?
There's entire boards of this kind of faggotry, there.

Uncensored game in general. Bring back the pantyshots.

I would love to main Kefka from Final Fantasy VI. He is just like me — intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

You had me until this part.

Why would you ever want to get rid of fun collectibles that let you zoom up your waifu's skirt and see her panties even though they replaced it with a black void for some stupid reason. I really wanted to see what Rosalina's panties looked like

Try telling that to those that have Taylor Swift as a waifu.

Bomberman is highly plausible now that the franchise is getting rebooted. With a Switch launch title and the most 3rd party friendly Smash in years he certainly has his foot in the door.

It's bad enough you faggots got him in Marvel but now you want him in Smash too? Phoenix isn't a fucking combat character, there's only so much adaptation of his non-combative gameplay into combat that people are able to do. It's squeezing blood from a fucking stone. Can't you guys wish for someone better, seriously.

It was fucking great in Marvel and would be great in Smash too.

what? you mean like, chomp marios hands off and use them to do marios final smash?

Tay Sway is a female Marth?

You all lost

You won, congratulations

Considering Smash has always had left of center characters (Gay Man Watch, Ness) and started to be MAME I think it's safe to say all bets are off for the roster predictions.

Also I'm pretty sure some people would be hyped as fuck to play tofu.

How about Ed from Tonic Trouble? It was a test bed for Rayman 2 while appearing mainly on Nintendo consoles.

(Checked)
All this talk about Platinum characters and Black Shadow just reminded, why not Blacker Baron? At the very least it'd get "Days of Old" or "Look Pimpin'" on the soundtrack.

For reasons that only I really know I just want a Vigilante 8 character. Convoy, Sid Burn, Lord Clyde, Houston (V8 1 or 2 guise), Obake, Dallas 13 could work in one form or another

(Checked)
Implying it won't be Nu-Dood's Marine

more like $18

Both have small tits and small asses.

i fucked up typing that i meant i wanted to chainsaw Mario's head off and than use the bfg on all the other characters as an AOE attack.

What if Mario games aren't for children?

Nah, if you saw Mario's head off he teaches children to type.

I remember him as a cheating asshole in Mario FUNdamentals, no wonder why Waluigi hates him.

Add back wavedashing (or at the very least L-cancelling), make the physics less floaty, make the gameplay faster-pased and less laggy, add 3DS' classic mode and/or use it to expand on Melee's Adventure mode, boom - you've got a sale.

These will never happen, but

ALTTP's Hyrule Castle, jesus FUCK

Okay Shovel Knight, I might be willing to give you. But there's no way Plague Knight will get in and NOT be broken as hell if Samurai wants to preserve the general feel of his character.

Microsoft is willing to allow characters on Smash. Probably they'll ask if Master Chief can be included because Halo DS was supposed to be a thing in exchange for more access to characters (all Rare IP's and Minecraft characters).

the worst part is that it's not even outside the realm of possibility anymore.

why is any of that bad?

Well if the switch flops, Microsoft and Nintendo might join forces since they're losing badly to Sony. They'll either probably share IP's while retaining their own systems or dominate the PC/mobile market together while leaving Sony behind to rot in a shrinking console market. If Gears of War isn't going to convince people to get DX 12, probably Mario will. Besides, NoA and MS are in Redmond so MS might just buy Nintendo outright if the shareholders will approve.

The space ship from galaga

Jesus Christ, Master Chief would be the bees knees. I'd main him.

Learn these pansy-ass Japanese sword boys a thing or two about 'murican combat.

Bomberman, Hebe from hebereke, Goemon and Jibanyan are all i want for newcomers, surprised they never got in the first time

if they somehow implemented pattys block switching that would be fucking wild. like, if every stage had a few parts she could move on demand.

What I think Will happen:
Port of Smash 4. Pretty Decent Port, likely will have both 3DS and Wii Us features
Good chance of a custom game mode, hopefully better than the shitty Mario party rip we got. Something like Subspace would be nice, or Melees single-player modes.
If I had to guess I would say ~4 new characters maybe 6-8 to make it a real worthwhile port, but 4 is most likely. At least one of them is going to have to be a big reveal to rival the hype to that of Ryu and Cloud.

I would also personally love if they decked out the characters with more pallets, even getting creative with it.
Give me a fucking Blues skin for Megaman. Or one without his helmet on.

Preferences:
Ice Climbers (NO EXCUSE)
New DK Rep (Dixie or K.Rool)
Paper Mario

Banjo-Kazooie
Geno
Travis Touchdown

Phoenix Wright
Shovel Knight
Shantae
Wonder Red

Shit I forgot two of my biggest wants
Bomberman and Belmont
Both in the NEVER EVER Category tier, off course

The characters I want the most are K. Rool, Bomberman, Phoenix Wright and Dr Robotnik. They all have some probability of inclusion, what with Bomberman being a launch title, Phoenix Wright being often seen on Nintendo handhelds and Eggman belonging to SEGA who I doubt would object. The problem is I bet Eggman/Bomberman would likely be projectile spammers and that's not fun to play.

Anyway, K. Rool is probably the least likely of them though, we totally need more Fire Emblem characters instead when DKC 1 alone sold more than the vast majority of FE series put together. Also he is probably too big, he is way taller and fatter than Donkey Kong who is one of the biggest characters in the game. Still, I have no right to complain about Fire Emblem representation, I've enjoyed them because at least Corrin had nice feet and most FE chars were fun to play.

I'm guessing you suck at the game and lose a lot. Just a hunch.

Bomberman would obviously throw lots of bombs. He could lay bombs, throw bombs, bowl bombs, and inflate bombs. He'd also have different types of bombs, such as long-range explosion bombs, short-range power bombs and remote bombs.

Eggman I could see shooting missiles from his Egg-O-Matic, but he'd mostly use his boss transformations from Sonic 2 and 3 as his moveset. He doesn't necessarily have a lot of projectiles.
-Egg Drill (various zones),
-Egg Water Splash (Chemical Plant Zone),
-Egg Pendulum (Green Hill),
-Egg Stinger (Spring Yard),
-Egg Hammer (Aquatic Ruin),
-Egg Catcher (Casino Night),
-Egg Flame Shooter (Angel Island)
- and various sorts of bombs he can drop while hovering.(Hydrocity Zone, Marble Zone, etc)

His final smash would be either the Death Egg Robot or the Big Arm.

So, poll.

Smash 5 only gets one Konami rep. Who is it?

strawpoll.me/12447155

ISN'T BETTY A WOMAN'S NAME?

i find that projectile spammers are more annoying in the laggy online.

Engaging various degrees of delusion.

And only two of them are sword-wielders!

Also,

never ever

feelsbadman

Castlevania rep is the only thing I wanted that wasnt in Smash 4. It would be so easy too.
Simon Belmont could use the whip for his normals, and his specials could be sub weapons. Or even Alucard would be cool. Let him use his spells as specials. He could have dark metamorphosis act like Gordeaus GRID stealibg mechanic in UNIEL but with percent.

Oh, this too. I want some proper fucking casters. Zelda and Palutena are the only ones that even come close currently.

I mean alucard's not much of a caster though to be honest. He still swings weapons around more than anything. The specials Im envisioning are the triple fireball for his standard, maybe let him do the big slow fireball by holding which would give him interesting ledge and wakeup traps, as well as dark metamorphosis as his down special to buff him for a bit with percent leeching(make him take more damage as a downside though). Side special could be like the teleport backslash that the alucard sword does. Up special could be mist or bat form.
Damn this is autistic as fuck, but Id play the shit out of him. Might dethrone Falcon as my 3 time main.

I want to see simon belmont and bill raizer.

I want it to be digital only and 33gb.

Larry "Solo Wing Pixy" Foulke

And all of them are cancer that should never be in the game for any reason.

Inkling Boy & Girl w/ Splatfest themed stage and Callie & Marie talking about each character like in those Kid Icarus easter eggs in Sm4sh
Segata Sanshiro
Bomberman
Rayman
something from Custom Robo

I want an HD remake of melee with more simple stages, especially ones inspired by PM. As few roster changes as possible and only minor buffs to bring characters more on par with top 8. Maybe a brawl-esque story mode. There, I just made Nintendo enough money to do whatever they want for the rest of human civilization.

Not really, you made Nintendo popular with Melee autists again except probably not even that because it's still different from Melee, and you've alienated audiences picked up since the release of Brawl in the same stroke. Nobody really wants Melee HD.

Did you fall for Sakurai's "casuals hate Melee" meme too?

Fuck Melee, only autistic tourneyfag tryhards that take a party game seriously want that game back. Brawl was more fun.

Brawl is a. terrible game

Nah, it's a lot of fun, played it with my friends for months and there was always some fun to be had and content to be unlocked, it certainly was a lot more enjoyable than 4 and had more meat to it than Melee. If you are some tryhard touneyfag who cares about shit like your character slipping then maybe, or you probably didn't have any friends.

brawlfags will defend anything

But Smash Brothers is a casual game.

Just let the series die with a tiny bit of self-respect left.

Smash Brothers is one of their biggest franchises, it's not gonna die anytime soon and it lost all self respect with 4 which worked as an advertising platform more than a game.

Content in Brawl was piss-poor and shallow as fuck. SSE was boring, repetitive and filled with terrible OC characters and bland stages, Target Test was almost completely fucked, Classic was too formulaic, Events were less varied than Melee's, the ratio of retarded stages to decent stages was the worst of any Smash game.

It's also hard to enjoy whatever "meat" there is to a game if the gameplay is decidedly worse than the prior entries.

I don't even see how any player could enjoy tripping. Maybe it could be funny the first few times it happens, but even the most casual of my acquaintances got sick of that shit less than a month into the game.

All of these are completely subjective

That's some bullshit logic you're doing right here pal.

>subjective

What?

I didn't just say casuals, I said shitty casuals. The worst of the worst. The people who pick up the game for five minutes of their lives then laugh how "lol so randum xDDD" it is then move on.

you mean the LOL SUCH A NERD XD crowd?

Literally kill yourself.

Stop taking imageboards so seriously

Niggers will shill for whores like Bayonetta instead of the pure grill that needs to be in Smash the most.

Also reminder that there doesn't need to be any more non-Nintendo characters in Smash.

If they're playing Brawl and beyond then I sincerely doubt they give the tiniest shit about Melee or the N64 game.

opinions arent arguments either

Ridley Scott

I wouldn't be against that, but current Nintendo would be shait at it.

Smash 4 Roster is Fantastic Keep it how it is

Just add Adventure mode and little more Single player content to boot

Also fix Diddys Down-Tilt to UpSmash conversion so ppl can SDI it.

Thats about it. Still amazes me ppl still bitch about Bayonetta and Cloud to this day

Head of Nintendo marketing, the genius behind their new peripheral based sales plan.

Goku , Pepe, Sasuke and Jotaro.
I also want Vivian from Paper Mario in, and she needs to show her dick in a taunt, and fuck other characters.
It's about time this happened Nintendo. We need to have this conversation.

Oh, and I want Isaac, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Frisk and Freddy.
I will personally end Nintendo if none of my requests are met.

Since their buttbuddies with Bamco, I'm surprised they didn't announce a Fire Emblem Soul Calibur styled fighting game yet

?

I know some of you have autism, but are you on drugs? What are you saying?

This. Just give me the blue vixen already.

I knew neo/v/ had terminal shit taste but holy fuck. No wonder consoles are trash these days. You did this.
I think we should just throw it all out and restart.

I think you're the one with shit taste.

What is this trash?

That bitch needs to get behind Lip, like hell we need another character with down+B counter cancer.

Why not both?

A good game but
So it's not happening.

'Sup marketer.

Just make it a case by case basis Mark. If someone points it out like in here, ban the OP for a day or two and make the thread autosage.

Smash 4 fucking bored me to death, and I didn't think that was possible.

I'm all for it.

A Battlefield with a strange colorful background like in Melee. And Omega stages should be Battlefield-like instead of FD-like
Kirby, Jigglypuff and Corrin, the former 2 should be a pretty save bet
more electronic and metal music would be nice
i'd like an adventure mode like in melee

thats all i want, really

Don't you see? If krystal got in with a staff based moveset then we have argument to force Ganondorf to use his motherfucking trident.

bitch, Ivysaur and Dacunt work, that sure as fuck would work

Dark Samus with her own unique moveset would be the shit. Especially with that automatic shotgun arm cannon she uses in Corruption.

Also, can we just get Ganon and Ganondorf as two different characters? Ganondorf was NEVER a melee fighter when he was first added. He was a tanky mage. He should have been a heavy, high-power version of Zelda, not Captain Falcon. Throwing clusterbomb lightning orbs instead of Din's Fire, etc.

Really, it's stuff like this that triggers my autism the most. Why would you make an all-stars game designed to appeal to fans and then fucking ignore the individual characters' characteristics? They even finally got a Final Smash where you're piloting a ship and performing an airstrike, and they give it to Samoes, not Falco, whose entire character skillset is being an ace fighter.

Dont care about the gay cosmetic shit. I want my goddamn wave dashing, wave landing, ledge grabbing, L canceling, and all the other fun autistoc shit that allows me to ass rape normalfags because I still play melee and pm since smash bore has none of the fun shit.

FUCKING YES

Exactly, this shit right here is why i fucking hate smash 4.

Edge cancelling, better hitboxes for dair spikes, more throw combos and the return of the shine

Oh my fuck I love every single second of that video.

Doesn't seem to have a Final Smash, though.

>Lover Gamecube CustomRobo, hoped for Ray 01 in Brawl
>Two IPs that have had moderately successful Western releases - so the issues that Melee's dev team had about Roy and Marth namely that Fire Emblem games had never released outside of Japan prior to Melee didn't apply - have zero representation

Fire Emblem has 6 fucking characters, one of which is a direct clone. Beyond that, half of them look similar blue hair, lord, sword Pokemon also has too many reps, but is more tolerable because they are varied in both design and play style. There's no reason for Dark Pit to be his own character, he's legitimately a pallet swapped Pit.

Smash 4 still makes me mad, so much squandered potential. Fucking Samurai.

All I want is a Dolphin Park stage.

Hell yes, I want Wave Race 64 stuff in Smash.

I want another speed stage, like Big Blue in Melee, with this song playing. You can stand on Jet Skis and passing boats.

Zero has been cancer in every single fighting game he's been in so far. I don't expect that to change here.

The rest I don't need to comment on. Indie bullshit has no place in Smash, and Sora is another pretty boy swordfag in a game already infested with them. Let me guess, his down+B is a counter? Get the fuck out.

what we need is lolis

Lip a cute.

her ass beating stick has been in the game for over a decade. shed look real cute standing on top of a pile of defeated enemies.