The game only has 8 fucking playable characters?

The game only has 8 fucking playable characters?
It's a fucking musou game! The only reason to play those are because there is a absurdly huge amount of characters and a bunch of sandbox modes for you to play as these characters!
God fucking dammit, i'm mad.
There is only 4 missions where you can use other characters except guts, and all of them are in the first 2 hours of the game.
Holy shit this game is a gigantic turd.

I still like this game because I am a massive musou-fag. It is still disappointing though. Not even Skull Knight is playable.

Just wait for the sequel, it is a musou game after all.

No question there, you have some major shit-taste man.

you mean wait for the next incarnation of the unfinished story we've already seen a billion times

every time

Maybe because the source material is not that good to begin with.

Are you retarded?

Berserk is entirely style over substance.

Yeah, just wait for band of the hawk 2. It will have 1 new stage and playable character.

I'm not asking for 40+ characters, i'm asking for the main characters of the series to be playable, the subtitle of the fucking game is band of the hawk and you can't play with more than half of them!
Instead they put fucking Zodd and Wyald as playable characters, fucking Wyald! he barely a miniboss, we don't get Farnese nor Isidro, no, somehow they thought Wyald was more important
Of course they did that, because then they put the characters (that they probably already even had completed, just not put in the game) in the next game for maximum jewery.
No user, thinking like that only fucks the industry more, they need to do shit right from the start, they make fucking musous for what? 15 years? They do not have a single reason to do that other than greed.
FUCK!

also

oh i forgot

okay how the fuck does that even happen? The first musou game had 28 characters. Even all the other anime musous had atleast had 10 or more.

jewish tactics the japs are learning to use since the last generation.

sold

That's a hospital and the original picture has no text on it. Reddit tier shit.

I really hope this is bait

There are 2 more later on. And you can replay missions with any characters. Still gay.

The PS2 and Dreamcast games are alright.

Skipping Lost Children should be a crime.

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Who is this game trying to appeal to?

It's not even new bait newfag.

Why would you play as anyone other than Guts anyway? :^)

It's an experiment. They put minimal effort into the development in hopes that the game would still be successful. If it succeeds they'll make another one and add everything that was missing. See Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage vs Ken's Rage 2, One Piece 1 vs One Piece 2/3, and even Gundam 1 vs Gundam 2. The first ones were always barren as shit. Not defending the practice but, it's what they always do.

I'm enjoying the game, but I'm definitely disappointed

You're as boring as the 40k memeshitters tbh

It's like not putting a goddamn Char in Gundam Musou 1 or Raoh in Hokuto Musou 1.
Skull knight is one of the fucking pillars of the entire premise.

What the fuck. What are you people waiting for? You've been getting the short end of the stick for years. How many times do you have to get fucked in the ass before you finally give up and move on to something else. There are better things out there. It's time to let go.
I empathize with the people who like Berserk, but how many times are you going to get fucked over before you decide it isn't acceptable?

I agree with you. There's no excuse for it, but it doesn't change their probable reason behind it.

I think Miura is ashamed of mothloli for some reason, never appears in any supplemental work or adaptations.

Stockholm syndrome can be comforting.

The style's cool though.

It's almost certainly the people adapting and publishing his stuff that are ashamed of it.

It could be because it depicts a kinda brutal killing of a child?
I don't mind much, but it's not really very acceptable by the large masses.
It has been so long since i read the arc that i don't even remember if there is anything plot relevant in it.
Still doesn't deserve the treatment it's getting anyway.

It's only plot relevent in as much as what it tells you about Guts' mental state at the time. He's just wandering the country, looking for a fight, so far gone that even killing children doesn't phase him.

I'm loving it (pirated) the gear seems kind of grindy. I want to just play a max difficulty campaign and get good gear straight away. There must be a trick to it.

Just made it up to Ep1 of the anime where he Guts kills the snake apostle.

If you pay for this game youre an idiot.

If you enjoy this musou trash game then you are an idiot with an IQ on the single digits.

Hot garbage/10

Isn't Casca's rape scene still in the game. Like twice? Right at the beginning and later one? I think the wet dress was removed more due to 'muh sexualization' more than anything.

Mothloli was a fuckin' fighter jet with a bunch of dead kids following her around, exact opposite of the epin jailb8 witch.
I still think Lost Children is one of the most profound arcs in any manga let alone Berserk - it was a perfect mix of serene and absolutely brutal that perfectly captures everything good about Berserk

Guts up to meeting Puck was just out to declare war on the Apostles
I don't think he didn't mind killing the kids so much as he knew it wasn't foreseeable by anyone that the insect-elves were kids at all. He did nothing wrong there, and even mothloli's childhood friend knew it.

Reddit please go.

what's this

I heard that it was removed because it is the outfit she wears after being raped, going full potato and giving birth to a "evil" fetus

nope, the only part of the scene in the game is the tentacles forcing her legs open, if you did not read or watched the manga/anime you will only understand what happened when she gives birth to guts corrupted son.

It's toned down as fuck and just shows Femto kind-of caressing her face as she's suspended by tentacles.
It was only removed in western markets, my imported copy came with a voucher for the download.

My verdict on the game: Everything about it is shit sans the boss-fights and Berserker armor which adds a tiny bit of depth by making you incredibly fast.
I enjoyed the attention to detail during the first half of the game, almost every battle from Golden age is there, things start falling apart after the eclipse and it's just 'lol kill 20000 purple ghosts and the sun comes up :^)'

Conviction is fun because the Mozgus fight was really well done but after that it's just dicking around until you hit Slan and Grunbeld then it gets tolerable again because you have the berserker armor. No Mozgus-angels was a disappointment especially since they had minor faggots like the different animal-knight platoons and their respective captains as mini-bosses during golden age.

Starts strong, gets tedious, gets whacky towards the end - every musou ever.

And you're a fag who has to go back

Did anyone notice that the enemy officers with spears use the old jam spear in ground and do a polevault kick.

They've been using that same move since dynasty warriors 1 funny to see it here too.

DW1 was a fighting game, you sure that didn't meant to say 2?

Right you are I only rented 2,3 but paid for 4 because we used to have 2 player battles on it.

Those games really don't look as good as I remember.

I like to go back sometimes just because of the silly glitches anyway, or some stages being better in the past than now.
Also 2 was hilariously obvious beta. Everything is so proto-type-y and damage is not balanced at all. Serious, go back to that shit, it's tough as hell. And you only have 3 attacks before knockdown than 5, yet every fucking general seems to have an unlimited amount of meatbuns. (also stupidly strong bowmen)
Also really dug Da's 3 outfit. Still one of the most perfect Zettas of all time.

Yeah, after like several days. It's not like it's one she wore while being raped.

I think if they were going to remove things for the rape then the beginning of the rape would take priority over the clothes she wore later on.

I'm telling you beefy baby boys it's either 'muh sexualization' or probably something for Japanese pissed over the censorship there. Probably the latter.

I'll just wait for FE Warriors, thanks.

True I could emulate it. I did beat easily enough when I played it. It is weird to go back because you miss out on features and the changing of characters weapons and movesets. I only have a physical copy of 2 and no way of playing it because slim PS3 do not have backwards compatibility.

Lost Children is one of the best arcs in Berserk, I'm getting sick of Miura's bullshit.

Surprisingly, the rapehorse scene is still in there and both more faithful to the manga and more graphic than the cucking of Guts.

Rape isn't cucking, you retard. I can't wait for the next buzzword insult to come along and replace cuck already.

You what.

And Femto fucking casca wasn't rape, watch - she's going to come back from the retardation and want seconds.
remember her fucking crippled-Griffith? she was definitely down with demon-Griffith five minutes later especially when he was all rapidly-evolved and giving off powerful loosh

You seriously thing you're going to bait me with all these bullshit lies user? Go back to fucking reddit with this weak shit.

You reach any further user you'll be able to give yourself a reach around.

What is it with you fags and these cuckolding imaginations/fantasies? You're more obsessed with it than the fucking Left is.

That never happened, Griffith tried to rape her and she just pushed him off like a twig.

Pardon me?

She didn't fuck crippled Griffith, she just let him grope her for a hot second because she was in shock that he was actually doing something so degenerate and desperate before pushing him off.

If anything, leading up to the eclipse, Casca's opinion of Griffith was spiraling down the shitter. She never wanted to fuck him less in the series then when he raped her.

(checked)
It's people who are so afraid of the concept of cucking that they obsess over it to point of exaggeration. This in return becomes a fetish on subconscious level.

t. psychologist

psychology is jewish and you wasted four years in med. school to enable white genocide and post krautchan memes.

Come again?

It is like watching an episode of jerry springer but you get paid.

Kill yourself.

You just confirmed your insecurity.

Wasn't even cucking lad, Guts was just jealous he wasn't getting dicked himself.
It's heavily implied they fucked in the manga, she doesn't really shove him off until they dry hump and probably fuck for a while.
Face it lad, she wanted it.

And you're ruining thousands of lives, profiting off usury, and generally partaking in a practice that is contributing heavily to the fucked state society's in.

kill yourself kike.

A core part of the cuck ideology and process is the girl being totally down with it and near or blatantly flaunting it in the guys face. Casca was raped. You can totally still say Guts got cucked as a joke and shit because it's close enough to make that connection but Griffith didn't literally cuck him.

Just leave just stop and leave.

If you're not baiting then you're the king retard of the whole fucking Holla Forums nightmare. Congratulations.

I know retards have a tendency to overuse a word until it's lost its meaning but I expected you to be better than that user.

I think part of the reason this meme persists is because Casca clearly wanted Griffith to fuck her before.

This is you trying to suppress pent-up emotions using unrelated, "well established" rhetoric. Calling me a kike wont fix your fear of being labeled a cuck, you've spent too much time around people who will laugh at you for your unnatural fetish. Tell me, when did this start?

no shit

So you're saying their being mentally cucked by fear of the concept of cuckoldry.

Really makes you think.

*they're

Ignoring the greentext "not an arguments" it is still cuckery even if Guts didn't want it to happen. The act happened if warranted or not does not change this FACT. Furthermore the argument that Guts and Casca aren't married is debunked as the ceremony is superfluous and they'd not have one even if they had a good ending the fight and deflowering of Casca and her impregnation was their wedding. A marriage of warriors.

Seeing the anime where Griffith rubs his withered thigh on her nether lips and Casca shudders and hugs him deeply it is obvious.

Only weak people use these services strong people deal with these issues in other ways.

Yes, it's their fear of being labeled a cuck by others. It is a sick fetish that weaklings have to avoid conflict and come to be complacent. Framing everything that one doesn't like as cuckish is exists to show others that they aren't that thing that everyone laughs at, it's just a light coping mechanism.

Leddit-Holla Forums, everyone. The little 'tard that could. Sad thing is you probably think you're being a successful bait, but bait requires a negative reaction. I'm laughing at you. I'm also going to filter you because this is pathetic and I don't want you to speak to me or your wife's son again. Don't forget to reply about how you won in some retarded way because of this!

No need for that friend. To evade ones responsibility in giving me a (you) is the height of disrespect for not only me but yourself.

I would urge you to look inside yourself and think about what kind of person you want to be and think what kind of person filters the salt of the earth user poster who didn't do anything wrong.

Show me who you are.

Genuinely curious as to the reasoning behind modern psychology and by extension Bolshevism is so centered around painting people as fearful when something disgusts them.
Calling you a kike won't fix anything but it might make you look in a fucking mirror and consider plastic surgery for that deformed nose of yours.

ok but is it nice to slice 100s of enemies while this plays in background?

No go for the original.

It's a musou, what do you think?

All the contrary, you forget about the most recent magical loli piss.

Painting me as a boogieman won't disprove anything I've said, nor your obsession with self-validation. Frustration comes from one's inability to face his "disgust", as you put it.

Not ashamed of her being sexy, but ashamed of the tone not fitting in with the direction he "wants to take" the series.

The frustration you're getting is my frustration with your shilling of a jewish pseudo-science. You're getting to advanced-level 'u mad' tier shitposting here.
Fuck off kike.

You can ignore your desires of being on the receiving end of cuckoldry, but they won't make the truth go away.

No mentally healthy person would desire cuckoldry.

That's what I'm trying to show him. Sadly some take advice as strong criticism.

>Autistic Stong fan base willing to buy anything based on the franchise alone
I can almost taste the overpriced on-disk/re-ussed assets DLC

Psychoanalysis is not a science, fact. You will live your life scamming innocent people that believe your practice is founded on science, rather than relationship management and occult bullshit.

They could be playing Dragon's Dogma or Dark Souls instead.

its almost like japan has certain fetish trends, like that guy who did that pokemon manga

And you can ignore the fact you peddle kike pseudo-science and it won't make you any less of a kike. Keep shitposting.

musou is the absolute worst subgenre, china needs to be barred from producing videogames

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a little more depth to it, if you didn't just run around slaughtering enemy troops by the thousand but had to depend on your own soldiers too and actually navigate the map in formation with them, if you could make a Rainbow Six styled plan before each mission (subject to ad hoc changes during the mission proper) and if there was a bit more meat to the strategic layer.

Basically, if it was Mount and Blade with a Romance of the Three Kingdoms strategic/RPG layer on top.

It also shows you how far Guts has fallen since the Eclipse and it's a great lead in to Conviction
Plus not all the JRPG party members are forced in yet

Would it help you faggots, if we just said "Guts got NTRed" instead?

You what?

I wish plebbitors had never found this place to begin with.

It's not good?

It's overpriced for what you get
It's a pretty average musou

Help me out here, what does it mean when some accessory has a yellow padlock next to a skill?

I would play it. I always hated how you cannot control your troops, even if you are a commander or leader of the entire army. Would prevent a lot of commanders and soldiers from doing stupid things.

Fuck vidya
Berserk General
How in the holy hell are they going to handle THIS in Season 2 of the anime and Berserk Musou 2 (because you know it's happening)
This is some scary shit.

Or this.
Fuck apostles.

I want to know when that fat fuck is gonna get back from his hiatus, we were supposed to get a release this month

It'll be another decade and he'll release another 3 chapters

Wew, and I was looking forward to it. I guess I'll have to wait to Berserk 3.

Reminder that it will take 10 years for the girls to exit Caska's dream/nightmare.

2nd season starts in april I'm afraid.

Where did they even find people who enjoyed that piece of shit? Was it a contract for two seasons?

It had one decent scene, the animation is so bad its a shame.

I'm confused, didn't one of those assassins survive the attack?

whats the point? all you do is beat up dummies that don't even move.

the entire stylization is also off, Guts is way too skinny

You're thinking of Silat, you see him a few moments later watching guts from a cliff.

They probably changed the outfit to prevent SJWs from breathing down their necks.

Its the sad reality we live in.

Did Miura use a behelit just to fuck with us?

People who vaguely know of the Berserk series.

Unpopular opinion here: I like the animation.

Its different.

It is shit. Thanks for clarifying.

*Shitty CG

Its not really an opinion, its bad animation due to budget constraints. It would never look like that if they had money.

Dynasty Warriors 8 empires is pretty awesome.

Lost children is one of the best arcs too. It has the perfect amount of fun, horror, and edge-gore that made Berserk enjoyable.

In which chapter does lost children starts? I think i barely remember anything from that arc.
Well, it has been 7 years since i did.

It's objectively bad CG work and not timed well either

aren't Skull Knight and the remaining Band of the Hawk Reborn members DLC?

95 is still the eclipse, the actual arc start at 110

The manga went downhill already. What with Guts getting a horde of JRPG goons following him around. And Casca still being a thing.

I think the whole "JRPG" thing has been exaggerated by the fact that a new chapter gets released every 2 years now. If it had a normal release schedule we'd probably be like "man these new characters are boring I hope they get killed in the next arc"

I'd rather have a musuo where you just have one character with a fuckhuge moveset so it's more like cuhrayzee games except with lots of enemies.

On paper it sounds alright, but in practice you'll need to give people an excuse to use the more varied attacks, otherwise it'll end up like any other musou where you just learn the one most efficient combo that rips a big ol' scoop of baddies out of the mob and spam it to infinity.

I think sengoku basara made a good compromise between the two, with a single combo being cancelable by special moves (that could both be cancelled by some movement skills) and everything able to be chained in a super move.
That way the player has way more control over the character and also creativity and game experience is more rewarding.

There are several ways around that. Arkham games are actually really good about this. Each ability has some utility attached in addition to the combo system which rewards you for using each unique ability within a single combo. Each time you open up a combo your goal is to use ever ability and finisher in the whole game within that combo which is really hard in practice and often requires you to deviate from that mission mid-combo unless getting hit is part of your plan. Grading a player like DMC/Bayonetta also lets you let morons sludge through using their tried and true two combos but allowing depth of mastery to players who want to excel to S / pure platinum.

I haven't played many musou games but the one I spent the most time on was Hyrule Warriors. In that the combo finishers did have different effects but it was far less pronounced then what it could have been (cone, vs AOE, vs line damage more or less). My major grip was that all the trash mobs did absolutely nothing. Maybe this is an appeal of the genre but it is just stupid to me to have all these enemies sitting around with their thumbs up their asses waiting to be hit. There is so much potential to be mined in a one man vs army action game by giving grunts a little more AI and giving the player a more varied set of tools to use.

I am a big musou fan, and i can safely say that the mobs being little more than a interactive background is one of the worst parts of the entire genre, but i think giving good AI for 200 enemies will probably drag the performance of the down considerably, even more so when you think that they made this games with consoles in mind.

Just replace the health bar with a style meter that doesn't increase unless you vary your attacks (and make it decrease when you get hit because it's the new health bar).

easy

I said the game was going to be shit a while ago and people shrugged it off.
Berserk is just something that doesn't work as musou and it showed. It had shit levels and shit content, skimping the fuck out on anything that wasn't Golden Age (funny how it's subtitled Band of the Hawk in the west?)
I think if they want to do another game, they need to put in stuff that wasn't in the manga, mainly what some of the other characters could have been doing when they were off-screen but that would require Miura to get off his fucking ass and write them in or else it'd end up an incomprehensible mess for Koei. You can have so many characters in the next game but it won't mean much if there isn't anything cool to do with them.

Berserk has spoiled me for all edginess.

The faux feminist Game of Thrones edginess where "girls are secretly le epicly powerful XD and suplex the guy when he asks for a kiss XD" makes me roll my eyes.

I want the real grimdark shit.

Its barely edgy anymore, modern anime is all about op females dominating men so we might see it soon in berserk.

Which versions? There are some that use only 3D, while in others there is a 2D mask of animation over a 3D frame. This also switches between if it's used for foreground characters or background environment.

You could be having a 3D character moving in a 2D matte painting or a 2D character walking in a 3D environment switch within a minute of the show. You could even be having a 3D character interacting with a 2D character in the same scene. There are several layers of different contrasting animations that they didn't know what to choose so they chose them all. There was also scenes that seem to be straight ripped from the original Berserk anime from the 90's.

Also, the inappropriate use of music and pitch of it with the scattershot camera direction didn't help it either. This feels like if they did an immediate continuation of that original Berserk anime but delayed the release for over a decade for whatever reason and finally released it and didn't update any of it to meet the standards of modern animation. There has been great strides in 3D animation for some years now and when you see the new Berserk, it's like taking a trip back to the past of early 2D/3D animation integration and how not to make it work.

They could probably fix it for the second season but they've got a lot of work cutout for them.

I'd rather the games had PS2 graphics and enemies that actually did something than how they play now.

Huh? No it doesn't? I saw a gameplay video like a month ago that showed over 30 playable characters

It's been that way for a few years.
You morons finally realize it's a problem?

The cgi anime monstrosity? You can't be serious mate. No one even watched that crap.

No, he's right
probably the fault of normalfags and reddit

There is legitimately dark stuff in GoT, like the red wedding where fucking 90% of the main protagonists are just straight up killed, but it's offset by the retarded shit like that dragon bitch being a fucking mary sue

It's Robb and Cat that bite the dust. Very few people of great significance die.
If you want dark stuff, look at the Greyjoy molestation adventure.

I'll admit to being ASOIAFag but the show is utter trash. There is a little action girl stuff here and there in the books but not NEARLY to the extent of the show where muh diversity is just shit frosting on top of the already terrible fanfic adaption. There are plenty of incredibly dark things going on in the books that are glossed over in the show:

I could go on there are plenty more examples but if you like the idea of a grimdark low fantasy setting don't let the show sour you.

the show started out pretty good and followed the books well, and considering they actually have so much screentime to work with per episode I thought they would be able to include all the subtle side stories that intertangle through the chapters of the later books. Instead they killed of some of the best book characters to shove in the fucking sandsnake shit.

I guess they're gonna never use Connington, keep the spoilt dragon queen as some sort of mary sue instead of showing her as the whore queen she really is and I will never forgive them for what they did to Stannis and Barristan Selmy

Too bad we will never have another Kingdom Under Fire Heroes/Crusaders game. Mountainblade 2 looks like a high-res mod of the original with no substantial improvement over the strategic gameplay.

I agree with you, but because the consumers are idiots that see the superficial layer of games, it would not sell enough to even recoup the investment.

Chaika pls

Does the game end when you get to the book. I need to know

i think the game ends when you get into the boat.

Getting the loli witch, you also acquire the ability to add and remove skills from your accessories. Not if they're locked.

Guts can't exist in a game with realistic rules. He's a killing machine that shouldn't exist and by the time the story gets to Millennium Hawk, there can be no other vidya genre to describe this but musou. The problem with this game, is that Guts is already like that as a teen.

What's this Lost Children fanboyism? Absolutely fucking nothing happens in that arc, it's inconsequential filler that doesn't advance the plot at all, that's why it always gets skipped, it's not because of the violence, hell, the rape trolls are more brutal than anything in Lost Children.

Only 8 playable characters?
So this video is actually just some kinda character viewer? I thought it was a character select screen…

Judging from the comments yeah it's just a character list not a character select.

Lost Children is important because it's about the loss of innocence.

Martin is just not a very good writer. He is very much like the typical leftist pseudo-intellectual writer who thinks he's being smart with all the muh social commentary bullshit he shoehorns in the novels, but if you're honest you'll realize that the only attraction the series has is the constant degeneracy played up to 11 or in other words, Martin is a hack who can only utilize shock value to attract readers. If he made the series shorter and kept the focus only on the Stark family instead of constantly branching to the misadventures of his shitty dwarf self-insert or the countless literal Mary Sues he constantly faps to, ASOIAF would have been a tolerable series. Not to mention the righteous fags he kept trying to convince readers are as common as McDonald's.

Polite sage because off-topic.