~MMO Music Thread~ (HIGH quality, low quantity)

Post quality MMO music, and Playlists of the OST next to embeds
Please post Pre-2010 MMO music

I will re-explore the old worlds and connect with the music that made it enjoyable.

Memorable battle melodies
Calm, inspiring folk town music
Mysterious tunes that envelope new, unexplored lands

Show me your memorable tunes that sharpen your inner self.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XWMsvO8MukY&list=PLC769DEECEFFEF083
youtube.com/watch?v=feBtZ1UcJ2I
youtube.com/watch?v=fwb_Wv6fhjk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Today I will focus on 2 or 3 MMO's that filled my time a decade ago.
RF Online, Archlord not Arch Age, Kal Online, and maybe Dransik.

Here is the Archlord Playlist:
skip the songs that get boring, like the first song for example
youtube.com/watch?v=XWMsvO8MukY&list=PLC769DEECEFFEF083

Embed will be a few RF Online songs from the Accretian race, a race with a soul of Cyborgs with a thirst for power, and domination of fleshies. They never used magic.
This song gets very melodic and trance inducing with its mechanical driving beat. Kicks in around minute 1.

Songs have more depth when you know where its played. This one takes place at the start in the Accretian homeland.
You meet your Overlord who rules from afar, giving you assignments to eliminate creatures on the newly landed planet. He sits inside a capsule, and is H U G E. He looks down towards you. The small 'village' is a Brutalistic structure that looms over you like a tall Hangar.

This one starts to play when you visit a new desert land. Its the first time you really party up to eliminate these spooky, dark floating automata's which are inside a very dark hangar. You have to get someone to tank these things, and times got pretty tense, very fitting for the location.

Granado espada was so weird, it just had so much music

RYL 1, Human starting town. Its a coastal town with white sand houses, kind of like Grecco-Roman. Everyone there would be high level's who have their AFK selling shop.
Kind of a sad song, but very memorable. It would be nighttime sometimes in game, making it even more gloomy.

I remember that mmo, it had a wonderful Spanish/piratey aesthetic. Only played for a few days. Was it 2006-2007ish? It had a ton of traffic on the first week/beta.
That's a nice upbeat-melo vibe.

Embed is another RYL song. This was also associated with human-starting town. Extremely memorable, and still solemn/sad.

yeah, i think it still operates under "swords of the new world" name.
The idea was the whole "exploring a new continent"
The creators once referred to it as "renaissence fantasy" setting

What's the obsession with MMO's on Holla Forums lately?
Polite sage for offtopic

Dransik.
Get ready for some extremely melodic/memorable village music. This comes from a top-down 2D mmo that was made in 1999-2001. Released in that time span, it competed with Ultima Online, very similar. Dransik lived on by being passed around different companies from 2004-present day there is still a main server up, probably one of the oldest active mmo's still

Lothgar, the Dransik designer actually helped create Ultima 4, 5, and 6, especially the world layout/map design. He got inspiration and made his own company, and used many resources from Ultima 4 to make Dransik, it looks EXACTLY like Ultima 4.
The upside is that you can play online, the world was huge, and it would take a year to get max level/gear, tons of pvp, loot based (drop random items on death), guild based.

The embed consists of most of the village music, all which were made by a guy from Finland, Paavo "Tarantula" Haarkonin, IIRC.
His music had a melodic folk vibe.
Gameplay can be seen in a random video:
(has some guys in ventrilo talking, just note that)
youtube.com/watch?v=feBtZ1UcJ2I

I think its more of cookie-cutter mmo threads popping up lately. There's a ton of people who played mmo's in North America a decade ago and it just feels, to me, that the past is vanishing from all the people that played it and we want that golden age again. Not to mention the recent mmo threads like WoW vanilla and the ensuing drama where everyone is leaving the corrupt private server. The old days were so much different in a better way nostalgia partly, that's the thing. Today, you just can't pull it off anymore, it was all wonderful. Recalling… Pre-order MMO at gamestop, play beta with thousands of americans/well spoken english/europeans, launch has a ton of players. Game actually has things to do - become Race Leader, join guilds, hoarde boss loot, PvP that benefits your entire race to obtain exclusive resource zone from other races.. It can't be done today, the floods of BR's, Chinks, and southeast asians, along with stale development and WoW quest blueprints.

Dransik's opening song, very impressive still. To me atleast.

It was inevitable someone would post this.

Embed, anyone who has ever played Kart Rider back in 2006 era will remember this song. I consider it an mmo since it came from korea/required korea grinding to get license gloves/fast karts. came out in 2004 apparently

Also if you didn't know, this game is the Star Craft: Brood Wars equivalent for drift racing. It was that competitive… crazy high skill ceiling
Oh you koreans are so funny
youtube.com/watch?v=fwb_Wv6fhjk

gotchu famalam

y-you too

also there's this

i loved this one from Dragon Nest

Like dang ol' tears in the rain, man.

The old Dofus OST (Dofus 1.0) is the tits.

fuck, i could only find this one

MOTHERFUCKER.

Fine, I post the first Human Town's theme and my favorite battle theme.

It's hard to beat Granado Espada's OST.

I'd post the whole game OST but I can't find a video that has that. Weird as fuck since way more niche MMOs get their whole soundtracks compiled and uploaded.

And my favorite Dungeon theme.

Shame there's like only two playlists that has even 1/3 of this game's Soundtrack.

Grand Chase had pretty good music if you're a korean weeb and gay.
I don't want to look up music because the memories of when the game was good and alive are feels far too heavy for me to carry.