Game prefixes the save/default install directory with company name

I feel your pain.

I've always wondered why games don't just save files into their installation folders. Are they worried about admin privilege issues or something?

Yeah, that would fuck up most games saves for computer illiterates because of Program Files stuff

read and write privileges and so on

I miss Cardcaptor Sakura so much. I want to watch it again and go back to a more innocent time, but I'm afraid to do it and realize it was a fucking turd all along.

I don't use the home directory in Linux. It's always spammed with unnecessary files.

all video games should use the same file format for save files.

Also,
>developer allows you to download flacs from their website

No wonder they went out of business

It's not just games. Fuck these faggots who think they special snowflake programs own my home dir.

Exactly.

This is why people should use appimages or executables with statically-linked dependencies.

Just use Gentoo and compile it yourself :^)
Unfortunately, static linking is horribly broken with glibc thanks to Drepper and his band of retards. You can statically link with musl, but it's somewhat obscure and some programs have bugs on it because they rely on non-standard glibc stuff, so good luck finding binaries that use it.

Ehhh…technically unless every single user is supposed to use it, things like game saves should be in your personal /home/ directory. As well as any other bits of software that only you should be using or owning.

So if a game is to be installed and only you are to use it, there is no reason anything really should be in with the rest of the system files. Except perhaps library files.

Something something goyim shekels something oy vey!

When I have the shekels I'll probably build a nice AMD rig and install Alpine Linux or some other musl distro on it.

%APPDATA% on Windows or .local/config on Linux are user-specific too, so they're better than cluttering up the home directory with extra folders.

Every game should at least provide the option to store config data and save files on the install dir. Even if it's just an undocumented power user feature in the form of a startup parameter. SCS Software games for example, have this feature.

Might just be personal preference then. I would prefer the files for games to be in their own folders/locations. So that the saves of a game are with the rest of the game files.

But I don't use linux/unix systems for gaming anyway so its not a pain I have dealt with.

all video games should store their shit in their own folder

This is why I don't play newer games. They all require motherfucking "dependancies".