ITT: Good games you missed out on because they were too girly

ITT: Good games you missed out on because they were too girly

This is one of the best FF games ever made, not that that's saying much.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcsx2.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I could have been rolling in cash right now, back when I was a kid I saw 10 copies in a bargain bin for 5 bucks each.

I would say Kingdom Hearts, but I wander if the correct word is "faggy" rather than girly.
When I finally actually played it I appreciated combat and production values. While KH2FM was quite a bit cringeworthy compared to straight up kids game that is KH1, I think it has one of the best action combat gameplays to day.

Yeah it has god tier combat and sexy transformation sequences. Game is like ten times better than X in my opinion.

Tried to emulate that and dropped because screen is so fucking tiny and shantae is so fucking huge enemies just spawn on your head. It was not enjoyable to play.
And because I didn't finish the first game I can't bring myself to play its sequels.
Hard life is that of an autist I guess.

Yeah, definitely KH.

I almost shit myself. It was like Squeenix actually learned something.

Yet it all went backwards after that again. I guess they tried the same formula in FFXV but forgot the best part in every FF:
MOTHERFUCKING JOB CHANGING
Story and plot is shit anyways so it doesn't matter how autistic they made it.

Hol up, isn't XV an open world game like XII?

I saw it for sale at walmart discounted and I passed because I knew the looks I'd get. Haven't seen it in store since.

It's not like I'm too upset over this. I've got other platformers to hold me off.

Part of the reason why I 100% FFTA and TA2.

Why is it that sexual content was classified as "girly"? Was it an early attempt at attacking heterosexuality by kikes?

user, what the fuck are you babbling about?

12 is also incredibly open. Can't you get all the way up to the Mosphoran highwaste as Vaan alone at the beginning?

Very original. You must be a hit on reddit.

FFX-2 has tons of fan service and another user lists Shantae as a girly game despite the main character being a literal belly dancer in a skimpy outfit.

These games are as "girly" as Gal Gun, that is not at all but they were considered targeted towards females by many people despite that.

God damn it I have never beaten it because of that shit. Vaan is just a male Lightning without the waifu support.

The main character is Larsa you goddamn idiots.

I dunno, while the game itself isn't super girly, the opening cutscene certainly fucking is.
Shit, the game is basically JRPG Charlie's Angels.

JAPAN WINS YET AGAIN

You do realize the audience for Charlie's Angels was primarily males?

Maybe a bit unrelated but I started playing this for the first time a few days ago.

What the fuck is going on?

No, I didn't know that, because I never watched it.
If it surprises me like FFX-2, maybe I should.

I dunno how it is now among the kids, but back in my day if you had a cute girl on game's cover, it usually meant that the game is for girls.

If you are going down that road then watch Dukes of Hazzard. It will be the most red blooded television show you will more than likely see.

That shit didn't start happening until the GBA/ps1/n64 era. Outside of Barbie vidya there really wasn't cute vidya outside of japan.

Brave New World is ruled by espers who view people as pets and the most boring heroes in history are going to stop them for no real adequately explained reason.

I'm joking, I don't actually watch television at all anymore.

Thats my point. For a few decades almost any male heterosexual content was considered "womanly".

I don't watch television either. :^)

It's a good thing I'm an adult now and can play all the skimpy J-pop JRPGs I want in the comfort of my own home.

I don't even stream shows. Something about sitting down and watching media for hours… I just can't do it anymore.
Gives me more time for tabletop and vidya, though, so it works out. I can't even talk to the normalfags at work about movies or TV, it's fantastic.

Nigga, I'm talking about cutomers' mentality, not developers'. Also I'm talking about west there, not japan.
Game for boys could have girl on cover only if she was sexy and realistic, not cute or anime. You know like on Golden Axe cartridges.
Damn I almost missed this piece of art simply because it looked kinda faggy compared to most video games, and SOTN was my secret pleasure for years.

Ironically enough now that I'm adult I can't stay the chore of traditional JRPG turn-based combat. I just don't have patience for it.

FFX-2 is great because of how fast it is, I think. I didn't realize how much I missed ATB, and the decision to add attack-chaining was a good one, so to disincentivize mindlessly attacking in favor of rhythmically attacking. Plus you can speed it up even more if that's really your thing, but the default speed is fine for me.
I play on Wait mode though, I am a huge fucking faggot please rape my face

Wait is a fucking gift from the gods in that game. I tried 100% active when going down that 100 floor dungeon. Never again.

I'll give you that. But that mentality was what made our hobby so pure. It was like a mental barrier they couldn't pierce so we could enjoy our weird fucking games in peace.

Don't shill FFX-2 to me, I played it and already said that I think it's great.
Also I don't consider ATB a "traditional JRPG turn-based combat", especially when it's as fast as in X-2.

I bet it's too ugly to even get me erect. I like cute faces.
But yeah you're a casual and should kill yourself.

Yes I agree. While I think that good games are still being made, the shit-to-good ratio became abyssmal in the past decade.

What makes you think I'm trying to shill it to you? I'm just explaining why I like it, jesus.

It's a shame we don't have more crazy games like this floating around. I miss the shitty overacting that VAs used to do, too, now it seems like everybody just tries too hard to sound like they're in the latest Hollywood blockbuster.

It's an oddly cozy feeling.

Yeah I'm sorry, I see shilling in everything. I don't think there is anything good about this.

Not girly, but ignored the series for a long time because i thought it looked like children's shovelware. Glad I gave it a chance, awesome game series.

Thank god I picked up that Gamecenter CX game before the normalfags knew what it was. Felt damn good picking up a new copy for 10 american dollarydoos.

Yep, it certainly has jackshit to do with this thread

I had penelo spamming Berserk on Balthier to keep his attack up, and never really turned it off outside of battles, So it was as if Vaan and Penelo had hijacked a team of heroes trying to save the world, and forced them to join their Monster hunting team.

You know, he never bought the fucking servers.

Not much, I loved kirby and watched sakura card captor, girly stuff has never been a problem for me
But now that you mention ffx:

>for some reason my mother is really excited about my birthday present because I'm really gonna like it
>son what are you playing?
>hah your mother doesnt know about videogames you should've known better user

>you're still playing that? isnt that game too girly?
>…

I think that was when my father realised I was a fucking loser. Also I should call my mom and tell her I love her

I give up on formatting. I've tried changing it and removing it and it only works when it wants to

You are a loser.

everyone on an imageboard is a loser

It sucked running the house and raising my brother but the freedom of watching and playing any vidya I wanted was breddy gud.

Holla Forums is one person after all.

There are no winners in this world.

Not sure if it's a curse or a blessing.

Click on that spoiler and regain hope!
But let me tell you one thing It's just part of the FFXIV expansion coming out.****

Brb, killing myself.

Neat. If it has all the races and fluff from the fft games I might consider buying it. ffxiv right now isnt too bad but not worth the money either

Ex-ffxiv player, considering how the story is shaping up it seems that we will see major plot points of FFT be major plot points of FFXIV. Without spoiling any of the story, you are now going around killing avatars of gods and early rumors are going around that the gods themselves are getting pissed.
The game is worth a purchase, my mobo fried and I need the shekels to buy a new one. I might pick it back up later but working on my backlog while waiting for shit is cozy.

The Occuria are going to be in it? Noice.

Shit, I wonder how long they have been planning this?

HOLY SHIT
But why FFXIV? That's sounds like money grabbing bait by SE as usual. Was hoping for a new MMO with ivalice races and lore(?).

I meant FFXIV. The lore seems to fit in a little too well.

And how does the game works, will they change the entire game or add it as a new high level area a la wow?
I played the demo for some hours and it's alright but the quests couldnt be more generic and boring. I could put up with that if I can start on Ivalice

Good job faggots.

Probably some cross promotion stuff with the coming release of XII Zodiac age on PC/PS4 or something

No idea. They pretty much when "Check this shit shit out drones, now go prepurchase this shit!" They did say that fans of FFT and Vagrant Story will get a huge kick out of this new content but it might be the next side story they introduce to the game. The game has a main story which unlocks side stories. Depending on the content the story may span the entire expansion. The way they were going on about it makes it seem like it will be one of those side stories that get added in parts throughout the entire expansion timeline.

This game is gold, was Yuna this autistic in FFX? I haven't played it in years.

Definitely, especially around Teedus.

It wasn't that it was girly, it looks like shit. The writing sounds like a retarded blonde wrote it, and it crosses a point where its just too cringe to bother with.

Bad leftytard! Don't leave your shitty containment board again!

>>>Holla Forums

>>>Holla Forums

>>>Holla Forums

Could you get triggered any harder?

You'll be amazed how much fun you can have when you don't care about the opinions of your fellow man.

Though in fairness it does require one to be touched in the head. Man was not meant to be an island. Pink is my favourite colour.

The main quest line is totally linear. You can't skip anything. It sounds like you wouldn't like the game. However, I think it's the best traditional MMORPG made to date.

Not gonna defend the leftycuck but woman usually is synonimous with retardation
you guys suck too

Please stop pushing your subliminal feminist agenda

You fags need to keep your delusions a little more grounded.

I guess I missed all of them, because I only play mature games for mature gamers, like myself. Take your faggy girl shit and get back to your rainbow colored Marioboxs, you shriveled nutsack.

But FFX-2 was on the PS2, which is as black as the dick your mom takes twice a week.

You must be 18+ to post here.

It seems like a common misconception that if a game's cast is all or mostly girls, then the game is for girls.

Same goes for anime, where people think moeblob 'cute girls doing cute things' anime aren't marketed to guys.

>tfw not enough Paine r34
>tfw i will never put my dick into Paine's mouth as she makes a rebellious expression on her face
i think im going to fap Paine right now

Paine is the best girl in this game.

I like their description in FF Mobius

Idk man. She didn't really come off as autistic, more as suffering from mild brain damage or something.

almost 14 years later and I still don't regret never touching this trainwreck

I just played this and it's ten times worse than x, even considering X's linearity

I went full autism in the colosseum as well. I made all the teams the triple impale machina, the nooj/logos quik attack team, why was I having so much fun if I remember correctly they fought on automatic anyway.

X-2 is way better then it has any right to be

I still need to play new game+ though.

Tidus is the greatest FF lead of all time after fighter

I've been playing this a bit recently, and I was immediately struck by two things:
1. Heterochromia is fucking disgusting and Yuna should be cleansed by fire.
2. Rikku would be hot if only she didn't have that mud-tier indonesian monkey face.

This almost makes me regret my policy of insta-skipping every cutscene in every game I play ever.
Almost.

That's what doujins are for, user.

I expect people to get their shit right the first time. "That's what doujins are for" is equivalent to saying "mods will fix it".

Are you saying you masturbate to video games, user?

Generally no, but that's definitely not a hard no.
I do, however, expect every character to look immaculately attractive as a hard rule.

Well, that's what Paine is for.

She was very naive and inexperienced, her entire life up until the events of X are in a small port village training at a temple. Her being retarded is fairly understandable for that alone plus the whole Tidus thing. Girl in love who lost her husbando is no joke. Also to be fair they used a different VA for the actual music bits, for obvious reasons but its still kind of amazing how hard the LALALA sticks out. Reminds me of that women in the power room of the boat in X that attempts to sing the chocobo song entirely off tune that.

Its probably one of the best in the franchise, I'm a huge fan of X and avoided it like the plague until the remaster hit PC. I'm generally pissed I skipped out on it as as long as I did.

One thing I appropriated about the game was the random bits where everything would settle down and the girls just interacted with each other. Playing X2 helped me understand why they went full male cast for XV (still haven't played it though). The interactions and character building over a long period is one of the best parts. It didn't happen often but it was a nice breath of fresh air when it did.

X design was better I'll agree there but at least she has some of the better outfits in X2. I don't know if they intentionally wanted to "mature" her face or its just a symptom of the face rigging for expressions.

I really enjoy how everyone treats them weirdly for fucking posing randomly sometimes, as well as the fact that both Rikku and Paine give Yuna shit for not being such a sheltered christyevonfag anymore.

The scene after this where Buddy just waltz back to his seat on the airship while everyone just stares at him was great. Game did comedy really well.

LincolnPark.dyke

Riku best of all
best damage moan

Why did this edgelord get put into the game instead of beltlord tittymonster Lulu?

I think I've heard the devs figured the dynamic wouldn't work well enough since she was so collected. Paine's character development is actually fairly strong throughout the game, she is a really good contrast to Yuna and Rikku. The few parts Lulu in the game are lovely though, all motherly and what not.

Cause Wakka stole her.

I still gotta play X-2.
Whats the best way to emulate it?

God dammit bender

Lulu would look ridiculous with a sword.

Just pirate the pc port of remaster

Not any more ridiculous than Paine does with a staff.

In short, yes. She just didn't talk as much.

Dropped it at the intro.

She was just a repressed slut.

The game was repressed trash.

I sometimes feel I miss out. My adblockers and cookie crushers are removing about half of the internet nowadays. Don't watch TV. No social media. If you cut yourself off from advertising and marketing you're cutting yourself off from society.

Whether or not that is a good thing is debatable.

How is it missing out if you can still play the game

Getting dick does that to a woman, user.

I bought it for the waifu factor. Aside from that, it's really nothing special, the gameplay is super easy.

Use PCSX2, I don't know about FFX-2 but FFX runs at 60 fps no problem on anything better than a i5 2500k.
pcsx2.net/

As it did to your mom? :^)

This is literally my biggest gripe with the game. I know standards are different in nipland, but I was not impressed that my party was made of three characters with the physiques of twelve year old boys.

did I miss something or have these types of post gotten a lot more common? Did we have another cuckchan exodus?

…Sorry, I'm just bored.

Sometimes games don't age well. Even among those that do, it's generally better to play them close to release than 10+ years later.

not always, I went back and played a lot of PS2 and gamecube era games I missed when they came out (I grew up poor) and I enjoyed them a lot, there are even old games that I didn't fully appreciate when I was younger that I like a whole lot more now.

If a game is good then it will be good for many years to come it's just that most games now are total shit and will be total shit 5 years from now too.

I've not played very far in that game, but I found Wakka's appearance kind of bizarre. Lulu was uncharacteristically welcoming and friendly, and Wakka was uncharacteristically stoic and silent. He was just like "Oh, it's you." and then fucked off without another word. You'd think he'd have a bit more to say.

A top example of this would be Inindo: Way of the Ninja for SNES. It's a game that combines a semi-tactical turn-based RPG combat system, with Nobunaga's Ambition style strategy layer that's mostly on automatic and resolves every in-game month. In other words, it's an RPG where you play inside a big game of Nobunaga's Ambition. There's an affinity system with tons of wandering NPCs who you can befriend and recruit, or duel and murder, and you can hire yourself out to daimyos for sabotage or assassination jobs. You can even become a mercenary general in a daimyo's armor during a strategy-layer battle, and the game switches to a fully tactical combat system where you command battalions instead of your party members.
On paper, the game is so fucking great.
In its time, the game was so fucking great.
Now, it's actually kind of painful to play, from its extremely repetitive and piercing music to its inexplicably low framerate and its extremely slow pace. It kinda just gives me a migraine.
I want to love to play it like the old days, but those days are just over.

This game had a lot of bullshit though like talking to that guy at 3 specific times of the game to get one of the best items in the game. I do not believe anyone could 100% this game without a guide. Is this why FF games contain so much nonsense that seems impossible to find out on your own, to sell guides?

Nah.
Angels decide they want to summon God because they hate their lives, so they build Brave New World to farm people to sacrifice all at once by killing the supreme angel, but the supreme angel can't an hero because angels don't have free will so they grab the most boring heroes in history and get them to kill him.

You gay son!

fail

They also could've made something much better with the ideas that went into it, and maybe not had the early DS gimmick trash like the microphone blowing.

Not missed because I don't actually care what target audience the game is marketed for unless it really looks like shovelware.

But still

For fuck's sake Holla Forums.

I blame retards for shaming people enjoying media with cute and sexy feminine character designs, not Jews.

At least Jews aren't retarded. Just elitist faggots.

I played that all the time when I was younger.

That's just underage homos. Half of the dudes who used to that when i was a kid grew up to be sanfran-tier nu-males who might aswell have a vagina or literal faggots.

Says who?

I looked at some TV yesterday. Trust me, you aren't missing anything.

That game is not girly, in fact, it's waifu bait of the highest degree.

we should have a "good games missed out on because they were on a portable system" thread too. I'm having so much fun emulating psp games right now, dissidia especially

The sequel where almost everything was worse than the original.

The sphere break game was kinda fun though. Was great for boosting mathematics skills.

Peach is such a fucking whore, holy shit. I want to impregnate her slut womb!

To push new game plus, you're not supposed to 100% on first run through unless you use a guide. Just picking the wrong faction already will gate you out of it. A really anal player could do it since most of it just amounts to talking to everyone once and finishing all the side quests properly. Hell there are quite a few very strong accessories you straight up cannot get if you're trying to 100% the game.

He has been full "IM GONNA BE A DADDEH YA?" mode. Yuna fucking off to do her own adventures really isn't his problem. Same thing with Lulu, she was an expecting mother and knew Yuna had her reasons for leaving (the dick). They already saved the world once.

also the ballsack umbrella grip. she is craving the D

I've beaten FFV but never played FFX-2. How do both systems compare?

X2 has in battle job changing and ATB, it's pretty fun.

Style Savvy?

it's absolutely cancerous. You can't pause at will. Any time spent navigating at main commands is time lost to the enemy. This can lead up to a second just to get to "items" for a dressphere that has other commands (such as flimflam, steal, black magic) before it

It has a "Wait" mode in the config menu, user, just like any other ATB system.
If anything, my gripe with it would be that positioning is important in combat, but there's no way to manually move or position your characters. So enemies can attack your character mid-animation and interrupt you, delaying your action, or your character can go to attack, and whiff because the enemy moved to attack someone else at the same time, and then it takes another full second or so for your character to return to neutral stance and then try again. Also, enemies tend to attack whichever party member is closest, which is lethal when they all wind up bunched up on one side of the battlefield.

Have you ever looked at the options? I'm a total bitch and even I could figure that out.

I prefer finding materia or espers, job changing is vastly overrated

I know this. it still doesn't stop time at the MAIN commands, the ones before you choose which spell to cast, item to use, technique to use etc. Basically the categories

It takes a few seconds at most to switch and if you really need to go fast just use the smaller grids that you could do without looking.

I can't even think of a single fight in the game where positioning has mattered, you can also use it to your own advantage with quick strikes. Its annoying when it happens but at least it mixes it up compared to just everyone standing on the same side of the screen bar some kind of ambush.

Wait mode in FF games has always only stopped the meters while inside a sub-menu like the item list, spell list or when selecting a target. If you need to pause to think, you either quickly select a sub-menu or you hit the start button.
The ATB in X2 is faster and more hectic-feeling than most other FF games, so I can understand where you're coming from.

A part of me wishes the FF games hadn't gone the ATB route, but had instead stayed like FF1 where you queue up your entire turn's worth of attacks and then commit them all at once. True turn-based style and all. Then again, I also really enjoyed the extreme ATB of Lightning Returns, so I guess I don't really know what I want.

So… you don't want it to be ATB?

Thankfully we have mutiple games in the franchise to suit all tastes. I think X still might be my favorite combat system,

Underrated post. Pretty sure that mod was created by a tranny, though.

Look at what the Jew has done to you, user. Look and weep.

It's more what the Jew has done to the western woman that's the problem. The Jew has no power over the Samurai, and nip women still dress girly as fuck.

every final fantasy after 7, and every zelda after oot… teenage years. the only thing keeping FF7 from being completely gay was the bad graphics, i coudlnt tell how gay the characters looked.
zelda oot had alot of faggoty things in it (fairies are pretty gay to begin with) so i just stopped playing 3D zelda. majoras mask seemed ok but still avoided because gay fairies then i saw wind waker and thought they went full rainbow.

i never looked back.

In pop culture this is true, which is funny, because in folklore fairies will fuck your shit up so goddamn hard.

being an american teenager in the 90s that said things like "psyche!" and "rad" i mostly knew fairies as another word for homosexuals. outside of that, i knew them from zelda and disney.

Oh thanks square.

The quests are all in Lightning Returns. FF13 is just the hallway that gets you there.

This is kind of the opposite, but I avoided megaman like the plague because of how ugly he was in the Ruby Spears cartoon and in the US boxart. I was embarrassed just looking at it. He looked like a fat old bald guy the way his face pudged out of his helmet.

I didn't get into the series until Megaman Legends came out and finally got rid of the helmet. After that I started tracking down NES carts and binging through the series.

7 still has the best FF story

(checked)
Kinda hard to be leading anywhere when you have 40 hours of corricors and uninteresting characters, then 15 hours of empty world and the last few hours of back to corridors.
Most people would quit after the first 3-4 hours.
I'm a masochistic bastard and actually forced myself to finish that piece of shit.

I distinctly remember turning my TV off while Yuna did that sappy song on top of the airship. I had an actual japanese person living with us when I was younger and I would die if she saw my playing it.

It was one of the most powerful scenes in the game though

I did enjoy how everyone after that FMV was just like "Yeah I don't know what the fuck any of that was. fuckingsphereslol"

Man I can't wait for this begining segment to finish so I can get to the first town in the game.

You know, So I can find some NPCs to give me different perspectives on the story, and maybe some starting tips on the best ways to use that weapon crafting system.

…Oh, all the people at this Chocobo park just ignore you and don't interact in any way.
…And those floating sign stores weren't just a temporary thing, they're all I'm ever going to see

…and now all the sidequests are being given out by floating dead rocks.

What a fucking empty game that was.

I'm a hard mark for this awful franchise and I still haven't touched anything in the XIII franchise. I want to give it a fair chance since most games that people go "omg it shit" are usually over stating it. I don't think I've seen a single person praise anything outside the third game in the franchise. Its actually impressive as few games that that "dear lord its garbage never play it. and those who have say that all the hours they've put into it have been miserable.

Fuck you square.

Pretty much every tf2 with girls, yuck! Girls are for faggots.

They stated that Cocoon was a haven for people and Gran Pulse had been abandoned before you even went there. I don't know why you expected that.

I didn't know there were more than one TF2s, let alone one with girls

The game was a piece of trash
Where I lived this wasn't being sold anywhere, so I gave a friend a bunch of money to give me his american copy. What a fucking waste.

Why do you hate fun?

I hate shitty games

Why do you hate FFX2, then?

I wouldn't be surprised but bear in mind it was created before the dawn of tumblr.

I'm playing the shit out of this right now, but damn is it harder than it should be. Still, the dungeons are all really well designed, the music is great, Shantae a cute A CUTE, and overall I really dig what they tried to do.

Looking forward to playing each of the other games in the series.