Serious Sam 4 Release Date

I'VE WAITED 6 FUCKING YEARS FOR THIS
dsogaming.com/news/serious-sam-vr-the-last-hope-easter-egg-may-have-revealed-the-release-date-for-serious-sam-4/

Can't wait for Talos Principle 3 to be announced this E3

Where did 2 go?

There was serious sam 3? What the shit?

Serious Sam 4 is actually Serious Sam 5

they've been saying it'll be at E3 for like 3 years now.

No, Serious Sam 4 will be Serious Sam 3

Its being announced this year regardless of the release, thats good enough for me.

Serious Sam 4 will be the only game I'm willing to pre-order besides HL3 because los epic meymees . I don't care even if it would turn out shit, SS main series has been fucking rad and CroTeam is fucking sick so I want to support them and play the game the second it comes out.

I don't even get why people like Serious Sam. I tried playing 3 and it was so god damn boring.

You mean 2014?

3 starts off really slow because they were making a generic armymen shooter before SS3 and they just said fuck it and made SS3 with those assets as I've heard so that's why the colors are so dull and the slow start.
Second Encounter was IMO the best and it was the one that got me into the series so you should probably try that if you want to get the circlejerk. And Serious difficulty is the true mode for real men.

Like it was last year?

Yah I'm not holding my breath, at this rate we'll have two more Trumps in the white house before we have SS4 or Bannerlord

It will happen

Oh fuck this part in particular.

Can't you rocket jump in a very specific way on the second pit?

Yeah, to jump to a wall that becomes a platform on the left side I believe, at least thats the one that feeks more obvious, didn't think it was worth the risk so I never did it though.

I told myself I wouldn't ever preorder games again after I preordered Battleborn Deluxe Edition for 65€, but seeing how Croteam has never made a bad game and is pretty based I have to reconsider.

That's what I did.
It was actually way easier to beat it that way than the intended way.

Once a retard always a retard.

Hey, I didn't even check who the developer was until I had already bought the game.
All I had to know during that time was that the game was very much like Monday Night Combat, my favourite game which is pretty much dead by now, and I was sold. I should've learned my lesson when I preordered Borderlands 2

IT TOOK SIX YEARS TO MAKE

Atleast hurrdurrlands 2 have a diablo like gameplay what keep me on one-two week and bored to death

The enemy counts better be fucking huge. At least the HD remakes and SS3 are getting vulkan support, Linux ports and unfucked physics whenever that Serious Wednesday update comes out.

I didn't want to play Serious Sam 4 anyway.

at this rate I don't think you have to worry about playing this game ever.

I hate those witches so much.

if there isn't a secret room or level with at least 10k screaming Headless Kamikaze with 3d audio, it's trash

[Citation needed]

But it never did, these games are shovelware tier when it comes to budget.

I've see that .gif so many times but still can't figure out what she says when she takes her glasses off. Is it a japanese phrase? It looks like she's saying "iai"

But user, I only do it ironically :^)

I just bought Berserk Musou to spite you

Never get a girlfriend, user.

What are you?
Poor?
:^)

Toad pit is easy once you realize the double barrel shotgun's spread is essentially the entire screen

You'll be dead before the first reload animation ends

FULL POZ AHEAD

>>>/SomethingAwful/

I dont like how Serious Sam 3 was a colorless modern shooter looking thing, yeah it played well but I liked the fantastical setting of FE1 and 2 better, with SS2 being a mixed bag as far as levels go.
Apparently SS4 is going to be a prequel to 3 form what I heard, so fuck everything.

That could be a very good thing. The background story to the games is that humanity had spread all across the galaxy before Mental arrived, and they just eventually got pushed all the way back to Earth. Assuming it doesn't immediately take place before 3, we might see some alien planets.

Crazy

Has anyone tried SS VR? Is it any good? It could be fun.

Why did I ask

Also from what I read it seems VR happens before SS4

Pre-ordering just encourages developers to become shit, develop shit games and make shit decisions. There is no excuse to pre-order, never ever.

clever and true

I'm so jaded after so many franchises becoming shit and going so long without something good coming out i'm just assuming there's something horribly wrong with the game. It's true isn't it?

Preorder a gun, and then fucking kill yourselves with it niggerfaggots.

Go be a debbie downer somewhere else. I couldn't care less if you've played shit games all your life.

I seriously hope you guys always pick up the obvious trap pickups.

Someone actually played Serious Sam vr?

It's not fun to make a mosaic with the same 4 images over and over. You need more smug negros, user.

(checked)

This is not a hard game

Faggots are born to get btfo.

He's right about pre-ordering though. Kill yourself if you even considered it.

Their best and brightest sadly could not repel the aliens

Is that VR? They would have to downgrade that shit hard to make it work with VR.

Yes and no

the movement looks crap, they should definitally put a analog stick like thing on those controllers so you can still move around fast enough.

Wait, he isn't using a joystick to move?

I don't know what he is using to move around, but he is not using the non vr Methode. He is probably using the teleport feature that comes with vr.

Thats not teleporting at all nigger, hes using the trackpad.
Kept forgetting these fucking things had that.

The vive controllers have a trackpad on them that works perfectly for movement.

Serious Sam VR is just shitty though, VR is held back by not enough good games, the hardware is completely functional

that still looks very clunky to me, have you guys seen normal serious same gameplay? Looks like he is teleporting or sliding to me.

He is clearly teleporting around and not running using a trackpad.

But you can run around normally, right?

I doubt it, so far no VR game allows running or walking, you always teleport around. Just look at the one game where you can destroy a city, as if you were Godzilla, or the attached one.

Maybe if you use one of those walking things like the Cyberith Virtualizer but as far as I know they are not being sold yet.

It's called healthy skepticism, jackass. If most AAA games released in the past decade have been cashgrabs, unfinished or straight up dog shit, then you have to be an idiot not to expect something to go wrong. Besides, it'll be an even better surprise if it turns out to be good.

You've posted the wrong video, you massive idiot.

Now this looks better. But double weapons? Doesn't that make the game too easy?

why can't they just disregard 2 and start with Sam flying through space

it's not like anything of value happened except trashing a bunch of planets to get artifacts that don't even work

yes it was a unfinished serious sam 2 feature but it also fucks up reload times if i recall

Ever tried double-wielding outside of mouse controlled first person shooters? Hitting anything is borderline impossible. You wind up either spraying in general direction of the enemy or alternating between weapons aiming them individually.

Can you play with only one? Is Croteam going to rebalance?
I usually keep up with everything Croteam, but I have no intention of doing VR until a new pc in six years or until VR at least doubles its resolution. It's terrible on eyes currenty with all those dead spots between pixels.

Just. Like. Put the second controller down.

Most VR games have multiple locomotion techniques. Most people just prefer teleportation because it doesn't fuck with your balance.

Serious Sam was the first meme game

You never played Horde on PS1/3DO?

I'm waiting for someone to post the video.
It's a Serious Sam thread, I know someone's gonna post it eventually.

Smooth, fast, out-of-cockpit movement in VR causes motion sickness.

Well that video really was very misleading. How could I possibly know that the guy in that video doesn't know how to play properly? To me it looked like the only way to move around in VR is by teleporting because that's what I saw in every VR game so far.

I've never seen someone be so right for all the wrong reasons.

Why anyone would wait for a serious sam 4 when the last 5 games are all pretty much the same is beyond me. Oh well, at least croteam is keeping the cancer concentrated. Thanks for killing FPS games.

What did he mean by this.

Fuckoff Roland

you end questions with a ? not a .

Do you!

I killed them with a knife. this is not hard to dodge rockets but need separate Machanoids on stairs.

Serious Sam 2 is seriously underrated.

well im gonna be a healthy skeptic and say youre only saying that because its easy to say "i told you so"