RTS Thread: Halo Wars 2 is Console Crap, Dawn of War 3 is a ASSFAGGOTS Edition

Haven't seen a thread come up, so discuss on Halo Wars 2 which just released and Dawn of War 3.

So RTS thread, what you playan?

Other urls found in this thread:

zod.sourceforge.net/
kickstarter.com/projects/petroglyphgames/victory-1
moddb.com/mods/shattered-paradise
moddb.com/mods/cc-tiberian-sun-project-nemesis
youtube.com/channel/UChzLZJo-SxuPHz-oYKAIC_g/videos
spacemarine.com/
archive.is/1niQo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Halo Wars 2 Xbone gameplay, looks the same as last time, Console RTS just doesn't work well.

I've been watching alot of replays from the newer C&C games, generals onwards.

shit makes it seem like there's one RTS community which has done nothing but shrank since it came about

AVP extinction is great and that's a console RTS, it's the only console RTS which I can say in all honestly that's good

Sad reality, seems like gaming in general is going through all the things hobbies suffer, fads come and go, still seeing the CnC RTS community going strong.

Not bad though, but some anons did argue if it was an RTS or RTT like DoW 2. Retaliation comes to mind, but it was pretty much scaled down, Warcraft 2 also.

Console RTS could work, but it needs to be correctly structured. For a good example of a game that uses very simple controls, go track down Space Federation/Star Reach (both names should work). It's a space RTS that uses four buttons to move the cursor and two buttons to select and cancel. With such an environment, you would normally only be able to control one unit at a time, but the game features space ports that can stock up to 8 units and order them all at once.
Also the N64 version of C&C was neat. You pressed Z to call up the side bar to produce additional units/buildings, and that sidebar itself is a good method to simplify the burden of managing production.
That being said, a console RTS won't be as good as a PC RTS.

A proper Halo RTS would use the framework established by the FPS. I've said it in other RTS threads.

Posting the best one. I just googled some pics for it and discovered it's out on steam, can it be played online?

That would be amazing.

You should be able to find an open source version.

Gameplay wise it could work, just doesn't catch on, still remember Red Alert 3 on PS3 and the 360, the N64 version was pretty neat, just kinda stupid they made the game suffer by changing everything to 3D models that stutter the game so often.

Here you go zod.sourceforge.net/

you know if the guys from westwood that actually mattered got together for a kickstarter it'd break star shilions records

it needs a sequel, that's what I'd argue

I think Halo Wars 2 is alright. It's obviously casualized to a degree but for what it is it works.

Ever since they lost their home by the EA devil, they've been all over the place, majority of them are in Petroglyph Games, they tried kickstarting this kickstarter.com/projects/petroglyphgames/victory-1 no interest or even shilling by game sites, so Grey Goo then they went with 8-Bit armies to cater to new kids, semi-succesful

Creative Assembly and some leftovers from Ensemble Studios now working for 343, pretty casualized and is there even a market for this game in consoles if it wasn't for the Halo branding?

I'm glad RTS is getting games, but damn are these titles mediocre as fuck. We need a fucking miracle game to get RTS back on track and neither of these is it.

Petroglyph make such shit RTS though I refuse to believe they have any of the people who actually worked on C&C

Well, Halo Wars 2 was pretty short, and mediocore, at least it wasn't as hyped as SC2.

Well, not everyone that went there, as usual, they just got some of the developers, not all of the top dogs who made the magic work. Well the only good thing is they got Frank Klepacki working for them.

he's just there for name alone, he hasn't done any good music in a long time

Just enjoyed the general rhythm and style of his song, at least he isn't that much of a sellout wubstep faggot like all current music producers that win hipster game music awards, he really doesn't have much going for him other than making music for Petroglyph or doing small gigs.

I liked Halo Wars

I don't know man, that remix for red alert 3 was very phoned in

This. Quite franky Frank Klepacki is just a name at this point. His grey goo stuff was just ok. Nothing special.

That's an alright opinion, just sad they closed house because Microsoft were a bunch of assholes, Halo Wars 2 doesn't do them justice.

He did promise the fans and some of his former co-workers who stayed with EA that he would like to contribute to the soundtrack, he only did the Hell March theme, because EA saw potential shilling for older fans. And that's pretty much it, just a damn shame.

we need to make our own RTS at this stage

that goes for the game on the whole

it didn't even work to bait older fans in I'd say

Did for some of my older friends, afterwards they shit on the game for having an even complicated macro and micro management with that useless ability crap, didn't like the vast amount of Hollywood celebs, and artstyle and ore mining change to copy Blizzard, and terrible optimization, and the DRM also stupid, and finally, the forced e-sports, seriously.

just for the hell march and not down to tib war kw is decent

They got fooled by the trailers, take in point, this was back in 2008, they weren't that much Dudebros like play fps on consoles, they questioned why the hell did EA decide to also put this game in consoles, but they bought it, now the faith shattering game that killed their interest in RTS was Tiberium Twilight, they only play old RTS and 4X games now.

that's what everyone does now I suppose, though I'm playing dominions 4

I had no idea this existed
thanks!

Trips confirmed, they still dream of a RTS game like a CnC + Warcraft/Starcraft type game with 4X meta gameplay.

Speaking of console RTS, Starcraft 64, fun fact, this game port pissed Blizzard off that they stayed away from making games on consoles, might have contributed to killing Starcraft Ghost.

sounds awful quite honestly

Like Generals which kinda like a CnC+Blizzard design crap, they generally liked the mods, good times playing Rise of the Reds and Shockwave, they just wish it was also like a whole like Supreme Commander, where an entire campaign can take forever, where small arms tactics can screw up the bigger battlefields. Impossible dream game, just like Star Citizen.

generals did it's own thing in the c*c IP, I think that they should have just made generals sequels instead of trying to bring back tib wars

but what I really want is a sequel to this

I literally just want SupCom FA 3603 with the engine tuned up to fix command dropping and flowfield pathfinding implemented. And any other glaring bugs/issues that I can't remember, but I think command dropping and pathfinding were the only real issues.

FAF I think fixes some of that

Man the giant robots were great, but sadly, think we passed the golden age of RTS games now, there needs to be more RTS with more giant robots/mechs

Weren't they still updating that mod?

Have any of you heard of the Pikmin franchise?

Uh…

agreed

lets add it to the chart, fuck it

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I could dump tib twilight pics if you prefer

Well, this should be interesting to discuss, a lot of discussions back then in halfchan, whether it was an RTS or RPG.

YEEESSSS

YOU MONSTER

At this point might as well go for it.

I think the answer is obvious, no one considers sacrifice an RTS so pikman can't be a RTS since it's the same formula

Ok, just to be fair, though. Pikmin 3 relied heavily on the gamepad touchscreen.
Kind of a shame RTS games aren't on Wii U or switch more often.

I'd rather Fellate a mammoth walker

Someone should add the Ground Control series to the list, considering the huge impact it had as a predecessar to WiC

Nah, it doesn't - they're both engine things that can't really be fixed without the devs. Also they did a bunch of patches and mod integration that took a giant shit on balance.

M8.

Isn't that a city management game?

Should update that chart for this game. It counts as Real Time Strategy, right? The game moves in real time, you have to strategize the battle without being able to control the monsters, and on top of that taking care of their diet and healthcare while watching their emotion. Ignoring all that and your monster will literally turn into shit. I would rank this higher in the multitasking high ceiling skill RTS.

That seems to be directly in conflict of the general definition of RTS. Y'know, micromanaging.

Nah, rts.

Whoever linked that Spirit of The Law vid on AoE2, I want to curse you for introducing me to him. All that math on little subjects like how good are tradecarts and his civilisation overviews. I became a better player simply by going though his entire catalogue of videos. I was supposed to get stuff done last week.
Good stuff though, really makes me thing by him simply having all that math handy, lots of little stuff going on that you're not aware of.

Also implemented German voices for German units in CoH. It really does make a difference.

Design wise Pikmin compared to other RTS.

>To create more Pikmin, Pikmin must bring back defeated enemies or "pellets" grown from flowers called Pellet Posies back to their home base called the Onion, where it will be absorbed by it. Consider defeated enemies/pellets a resource, you also need certain minimum number of Pikmin to carry it back.
>The Onion will now drop Pikmin seeds into the soil, and if you let them mature before plucking them they will be stronger and faster, this is represent by leaf, (weak), bud, and flower (strongest) on their heads. This could be seen as akin to waiting to spawn unit's in a normal RTS/upgrading units but using "time" as a resource._

Basically that it, there are a few differences/tweaks between each game, but use the Pikmin's abilities to defeat creatures, overcome obstacles and destroy barriers in the environment to push further and further to completing the main objective of each games story while also dealing the time limit. In the original you only had 30 days to recover 30 spaceship components, while the sequel gives you unlimited days to recover enough treasure to pay off a $10,000 bill while the 3rd game brought back a time limit (inspire by the original) that depending on how much fruit juice rations your crew had left to consume from the limited supply of fruit you could recover from the enivironment (design wise trying to create more tension like the original but a bit more lenient).

Design wise Pikmin compared to other RTS.

>To create more Pikmin, Pikmin must bring back defeated enemies or "pellets" grown from flowers called Pellet Posies back to their home base called the Onion, where it will be absorbed by it. Consider defeated enemies/pellets a resource, you also need certain minimum number of Pikmin to carry it back.
>The Onion will now drop Pikmin seeds into the soil, and if you let them mature before plucking them they will be stronger and faster, this is represent by leaf, (weak), bud, and flower (strongest) on their heads. This could be seen as akin to waiting to spawn unit's in a normal RTS while simultaneously upgrading those units but using "time" as a resource.

Basically that it, there are a few differences/tweaks between each game, but use the Pikmin's abilities to defeat creatures, overcome obstacles and destroy barriers in the environment to push further and further to completing the main objective of each games story while also dealing with the daily time limit. In the original you only had 30 days to recover 30 spaceship components, while the sequel gives you unlimited days to recover enough treasure to pay off a $10,000 bill while the 3rd game brought back a time limit (inspire by the original) that depending on how much fruit juice rations your crew had left to consume from the limited supply of fruit you could recover from the environment (design wise trying to create more tension like the original but a bit more lenient).

this happens to me so many times
fucking teutons

That's not how defining a game as a genre works, as Dota players have argued in the past that jungle creeps can be considered a resource.
The fact of the matter is, Pikmin does not have;

Do you know a game that is more similar to Pikmin? Overlord. Similar base concept, control a bunch of littler dudes with varying abilities to overcome encounters. This kind of gameplay is more like a puzzle game.

add it in

pikmin and overlord and similar to sacrifice and sacrifice has production management, resource management, base management and macro/micro gameplay

The significant difference is in sacrifice there are points to actively contest, production etc

It's more of a fucking RTS than half the shit that's on that abomination of a chart.

HW2 is objectively from a gameplay perspective better then the first one, without even getting into the fact that it's on fucking PC which alone would make it so.

Owned this on the Nintendo64, I don't know how we managed but myself and two friends used to play 3v3 using split screen on a tiny TV. Probably nostalgia talking, but I've never played a better RTS game since. Kinda infuriates me that with all the technical restrictions they had back then, they could turn out high quality games, whereas nowadays with all of our technological advancements, I can't seem to find anything I enjoyed as much as StarCraft.

How does anyone play RTS games competitively? The controls are so shit for something that requires high precision.

By the looks of things, Mental Omega balance patch should be out relatively soon and it should unfuck multiplayer quite a bit.

A LOT of time and practice. It has never been an intuitive process to me at all, whatever the game, and I play execution heavy games in other genres just fine.

The more I practice and improve, the more I hate it. In noob games, the shit controls and pathfinding usually don't make a difference. When playing against better players, it completely fucks me over. Fucking retarded units literally moving in the opposite direction of where I tell them to.

You're alright for a homo.

Considering how supcom 2 turned out it was probably a mercy
I feel bad for the guys getting DoW: ASSFAGGOTS edition

Hows Cossacks 3 by the way?
Heard its fixed now and GSC is adding a shittom of content and mods.

Has the exclusive mission you get for beating both the original and BW campaigns in that port been ported to the PC?

There is a reason it is not spoken of in these threads.

Wait a minute, didn't Halo Wars 2 come out on PC?

Does anyone care about it ? Looks like a mod for wc3 or some ASSFAGGOT mod.
Point control with rotating lane paths and card based unit spawns.

Too bad that the thread has disappeared

Easily one of the best games this year

Also does anyone know what im supposed to do in mission 7? Bomb the convoys before they arrive to training camp?

I kinda do play mental omega competitively

You just need to know good tactis and how and when to apply them, you can loose most of skirmishes but if you have better eco than enemy or delay his teching up or just harass him and force on the defensive then you will win

More like december 2019
"soon" in mouth of speeder sounds just absurd

Are they going to make that piece of shit worth installing?
moddb.com/mods/shattered-paradise
moddb.com/mods/cc-tiberian-sun-project-nemesis

Windows 10 exclusive through the microsoft store goy
Also, it was designed for consoles not PC

Is it worth a pirate?

Not a single UWP game is worth a pirate.

Forza Horizon 3
Scalebound as well, but we know how that turned out.

is the replay cancer grasping hold of mental omega too?

Why live?

Usually don't go Luftwaffe but it was an interesting challenge.

What?
As in recording matches or as in wanting to replay game after lost match?

It's ok. They released an expansion for it recently, Days of Glory or something like that.

Because console plebs will be almost always wrecked by PC master race. :^)

Pigdigusting.jpg

Gotta clear more room to cram Battle Chess and Fire Emblem in the future, user.

Any of you faggots got to general in halo wars? what was your winning strat

Man Starcraft 3 is looking good

from the creators of wargame: red dragon and the other ones, now in ww2 settings.

your thoughts?

Im a little bit hyped as I liked wargame but never bought it as it is fucking old and multiplayer is not as alive as it was. But with this one I might try it.
still its a fucking long time until its done

Yeah, its Eugen Systems newest game and I love most of what they put out.
Still no gameplay though so its worthless, also its Published by the Swedecucks at Paradox instead of Focus Home.

I still play Wargame: Chink Edition and I intend to get this as well. The frontline system looks more interesting than the capture zone system wargame runs with.

do you think swedenistan will cuck this game too? I thought it was made by ruskies

Nope, Eugen Systems, the developers are frogs, Paradox, the publisher, are Swedecucks.

Wargame just panders to Rus/k/ies

And they won't cuck it up because they don't own the devs, they mostly shill it and partly fund it.

found some more info

Looks like it's gonna be smaller scale than wargame and hopefully Eugen doesn't completely fuck the campaign
Ostfront when?

holy shit this makes me such a boner

I just hope for expansions about international divisions in russian/german front Im spaniard and wish for the spanish blue division

You're such a dick user

I want a '39 version
The late war is completely overdone

So anons, are FPS+RTS hybrids like Empires, Natural Selection, Battlezone etc, allowed in this thread or not?

Yes
So are RTTs

Prepare for 200 DLCs each for 2,59€ containing few textures and 3 new models.

Is SC2 worth coming back to? For what i have heard it is still the most played RTS right now even if it is not doing well. Also how are those 8 bit RTS games?

Recently tried the Redux. I can never seem to get the hang of the missions though, I'll end up taking too much damage then get attacked while waiting for a repair kit to float down from the sky.
Old Sabre Tank from 2 was my go to vehicle though. Even gave some of the walkers a try but just could never get the hang of it.

SC2 probably does still have an active online component but I honestly gave up on Starcraft 2 when there was no LAN in it.
AoE 2 is still pretty active online though, someone last thread linked Spirit of the Law to me and I spent 3 days going through his vids and picking up the little details of AoE 2 that I missed.
youtube.com/channel/UChzLZJo-SxuPHz-oYKAIC_g/videos

Petroglyph's 8-bit series is pretty decent, at least the first one. It's certainly a bit casualized and cutesy, but it plays a lot like classic RA2-era C&C, in a lot of ways. It's basically just Diet Coke C&C, but cheap enough to be worth it. Kinda thinking of picking back up my classic C&C factions mod I was working on for it, I had a whole bunch of the models done.

show us that shit

Why do they keep doing this?

because you need to hire cheap deviant art college drop outs since voice actors demand so much pay for much less work duh

Are the best RTS games focused on Asymmetrical warfare?

Not really, Red Alert 2 was pretty symetrical.

That really isn't true. Sure both factions had the same lineup early on with infantry, engies, dogs and tanks. But beyond that they diverged wildly in regards to air power, naval units and even land units. I think that was one of the games best features.

fug, meant to reply to

Dumb question here
What RTS engine/Game to mod would you use to make an EDF based RTS game?

Source Engine
Not even kidding, check out Half Life Wars

Either the Wargame/SupCom engine or the Masstech Engine used in World in Conflict.

Please no

New expansion came out for AoE2 HD on Steam, and it seems that most of the bugs they added to HD have been removed.

Either way the AoE2 online community is not only active, its booming, and watching these pros try and figure out a new meta is comfy as fuck.

yes so long as each side has a hard/soft solution to every problem given to the player

this guy chrono shifts behind you're waifus ass and makes her never exist

what do you do Holla Forums?

Complain about tfw no gf because she was probably my first girlfriend and now I don't remember her because I never had a girlfriend.

quit watching right there.

*teleport* behind his father back in his youth and rape him into homosexuality and not calling back afterwards, preventing this guy from ever being born.

Waifus aren't real

I fucking hate linux.

This guy squats behind you're waifus ass and desolates her into radioactive pulp

what do you do Holla Forums?

Add a secret ingredient into his concoction:
Chemical X
Thus the Powerpuff Desolator is born! - … I don't even know where I was going with this, something about turning him into you're waifu instead, but that's not was chemical x does…

And so you're responsible for these monstrosities.

mother fucker

Furfag/MLP tier

but it's o.k since it's weeb right

Eugen are competent all their games are between ok and good, but they tend to make "go for broke" choices.
Meaning weird gameplay ideas that can either work, be great fun and fresh or they simply don't.

Kind of want to cheer them on but it might turn out bad.

whats with all the replies to deleted posts that seem to be serious? as if they belonged in the thread?

Some autist making legit posts here and shitposts elsewhere.
Sometimes they shitpost so much, the mod doesn't want to delete 300 posts of autistic shit and just presses a button to delete everything the guy posted.
Even the most resonable Holla Forumsirgin in a thread can have a meltdown of autistic screeching in another.

I just got all of my posts deleted since I broke rule 8 "avatarfagging" and ban evading

sure but that's not what happened with me

Yes, they are.

That is what separates RTS from Chess.

RTS being similar to Chess is also what scares casuals away and keeps the genre dead.

gay poo could have been good if it wasn't just another SC2 clone

Is Syrian Warfare actually good or is it just banking on controversy?
I've seen plenty of anons say it's genuinely good, but with glitches (checks out in my book, that's how every noteworthy game made by slavs is).

It's actually good

i would say it certainly makes any rts more fun. but some of the best rts of all time, total annihilation and supreme commander, have many very similar units between factions.

SC2 is itself a clone of SC1 with better graphics and a few new novelty abilities for some units. It is a stagnant series that continues to coast along on the fanbase it established almost 20 years ago adding very little that is new or interesting to the genre other than pretty graphics and lore for the fans to jerk off to.

I would disagree with your opinion that Grey Goo is a SC clone based on a few points.

1. Grey goo has real diversity between factions. Namely each side has an entirely different format for how they handle base building, defenses, unit healing, and unit abilities. The Goo themselves are the best example, having no fixed unit production buildings and being entirely mobile. SC on the otherhand keeps the same tried and true base building format that it has been using since the 90's, nothing new, nothing innovative.

2. Grey Goo also uses a neat foliage cover system and line of sight mechanic (cant fire at units on cliffs unless you have a scout on the same cliff that can see, units can't magically know what's around a blind corner, etc.) that adds another element of strategic depth to gameplay.

Rampant fanboyism is the 2nd worse cancer after casuals that keeps RTS genre down.

Wasn't Battle for Middle Earth 2 on console? I had fun with that playing on PC as well.

The only problem I had with Giggty Goo is that it was pretty damned boring somehow. I mean really I can't even figure out what the fuck is wrong with it other than everything about it just feels boring as fuck despite having some neat mechanics.

Is this some weird form of humor I don't get or are you just stupid?

thats how i felt about it. somehow it didnt hook me. im kind of ashamed about it because im sure a decent game is there if id give it a real chance.

Yes, on the X360

C&C3 and it's expansion were also ported to the 360, thought with added unit limits

That's interesting. It's happened to me before with other games. Xenonauts for example is an X-COM clone, but the game looks and feels so goddamn bland and boring that I'd rather go play X-COM despite the new mechanics.

I never played Gray Goo, but I'm going to pirate it right now to see if I can figure out what's wrong with it.

maybe its just not a satisfying game without the tech tree unlocked? in standard rts fashion the tech tree is tied to story progression.

RTS is gay
play GSG

the games they don't develop, but publish aren't usually forced with tons of dlc, mind you

the games they do make and publish however are the ones that are whored out

It's definitely not that. I am tempted to say it's like one of my beefs with Ashes of the Singularity that units have absolutely no weight to them and when they shoot at something it's like they are tickling them rather than trying to actively destroy them. But that alone I doubt is the reason it just feels so off and bland.
The game feel almost as if someone prepared an exoitic curry and forgot to add any spice.

Anyway, anyone know what happened to that shill for that Empire at War clone game?

ah yes because three land, infantry and air plus one super unit each race has surely is different yup totally Asymmetrical there

"we want the LOL audience"

When I try to launch any of the Zod applications, nothing happens.
When I try to launch any of the Zod applications through terminal, it acts like it's never done anything like this before.
When I try to go to their forums for help - they're down.

Fuck this.

That laptop can't run anything else, it had XP on it when I found it.

Still need to get the hang of British artillery but that bot was nice though, even if all he produced was infantry. German infantry was going around the left flank, so he dropped another group of SAS on them when they were capturing a point, used that place as a base from then on.

The map in question. The red line is a long barbwire roadblock that can only be destroyed by Engineer explosives or in the Germans case this map and forcing the breach, with a Bergetiger.

Started playing World in Conflict again anons now that I got it to work albeit with a few minor crashes. Such a criminally underrated game.

RIP RTS

He talked about basebuilding and production mechanics being different.

Nice non-arguments.

I have played a shitload of RTS games in my time and SupCom did not have dynamic LOS mechanics.

Granted, it had the radar and clocking mechanics but all units saw the world in a perfect unobstructed circle around themselves.

You can go straight up fuck yourself. LOL was adapted from RTS to play like a shitty watered down Diablo 2 duel. You can thank modders and a brain dead audience of casuals for that one.

Btw speaking of LOL, how's tibwars 4 treating you?

Depends, do you like Halo? If so, yeah. If not, and want an actually compelling RTS game, probably not.

It's not totally depthless, but still.

The thread was almost entirely halo talk at the time, I think peoplewill know what I meant

This is the dumbest argument I keep hearing about Grey Goo. The game is slow as fuck. If it was a clone the speed would be considerably faster.

Well TA had semi-realistic LOS being blocked by terrain for ground units. You sure LOS isn't blocked in SupCom by like Mountains? That hill in the screenshot doesn't seem very steep, though that could be just perspective.

This. SC is the greatest RTS series ever made as far as I am concerned. What else is there like it?

I agree with you, only I think the esports ruined RTS way more then assfaggots did on their own, tib four is an example of this, they thought "look the flow of the game always means players are always moving their base around the map so why don't we just give them a moving base I'm so smart I could shit"

because base building is what's important in a rts right?

aren't you thinking of ballistics instead?

slow isn't a bad thing and that's one of the better aspects of the game

Both to SC:BW and 2.

The English voices for CoH is bretty good imo, especially the Schwimmwagen, but yeah German voices on german units is way more fitting

What mod lad?

God, i certainly hope that it won't be too much like Wargame, since it's basically WW1 but with ATGMs and jet planes.

Out of very morbid curiosity, could you describe on how horrible the game is

Blitzkrieg. Running a slightly old version on CoH 2.602

grey goo or c&c 4?

Is it good on pirated versions? Since my version is an unpatched ToV

The one that never existed

The version my buddies and I use is pirated LAN. Had to install the base game, opposing fronts, tales of valor then patch up.
You could grab a repack somewhere that you can install Blitzkrieg onto if you only want single player but to play multi you're gonna need to go from the ground up. Should be able to get the ISOs off the pirate bay.

Grey Goo
Everyday

o.k so we'll start with the story, Nod and GDI team up and remove all Tiberian from the planet, you still with me? well things only get worse. so kane obviously goes j/k but whatever the rest of the game does not matter up untill the end where kane says "my planet needs me now" and enters a portal after shooting the strong need no man black woman general

the gameplay is trash, you have to unlock all your units via leveling up and you can do this from the main campaign so there's no real point to it. your units all have sweet skill shots or do doesn't else like the epic esports it is oh and base building is gone asides from shit defensive turrets that only the defensive MCVs can get and yeah there's other kinds which are assault and support(it flys). so you're thinking well if tib's gone then what's the currency?, well it's still tib, they just SEND IT DOWN FROM SPACE AT CERTAIN ZONES, which your units have to go collect

so how does this actually play out? well the whole thing is a cluster fuck of ring around the roses where if you pick defensive you may as well kill your self because the game is based around being highly mobile but you'd think the support which produces air units actually has any reign on this too? nope all air units suck ass, so o.k how's assault? it's terrible did you expect me to say anything else, you have al the good units but if you want to actually kill an assault mcv good look they shit their fucking units out and pack up then run all around the map and there's no unit which can keep up with them and can stand up to the shit you can put out and the mcv it's self since it has lots of Armour and a weapon it can use. oh and there's one clicks but they're trash too

please no user
It still hurts
It doesn't exist

Holy shiiiitt, it's like what if the fucking chinks manage to shit out a CnC if EA managed to outsource it to them
10 bucks says that the sheboon general is a lesbian
How could they fuck up the fundamentals of the fucking Command and Conquer series? I mean Generals goddamn 'get' it even if it's abit SC2-esque
also about these 'combat' MCVs, please elaborate them to me

WE WUZ ASSFAGGOTS AND SHIET

A FUCKING ASSFAGGOTS

o.k so the story of grey goo is pretty simple but it starts in such a weird point that it makes it seem like you're in the middle of the game already so it's abit jarring but anyways it starts off telling you that mankind has become so advanced that they've become gods and fucked off someplace however there's some that have stayed around to do fuck knows what but this leads up toa alpha space ship in space carrying the grey goo to someplace instead of shooting it directly at a star because hey we need a reason for this game, so the grey goo escapes and crashes the space ship with no survivors into the closest planet which has some alpha humans on it with some robits but more importantly it's where the betas now live after they ran away from something which they don't fucking remember what and it's never really explained fully but they think the alpha humans are it but instead of checking they go full "ooga booga lets genocide'um" to which they somehow do despite alpha humans having much better tech then them since betas still use fucking nuclear power but I gotta stop with the story here since DISCLOSURE I got bored with it and never bothered finishing the main campaign

so the gameplay right? it's fairly stock is what everyone and their mothers were saying about it since it "looked" like it was old school RTS which for the most part you can see that but in actual it's a bastard child of a clone of sc2 now hold on before you say that I'm a chicken shitting fucker, I don't mean that it's a star craft 2 clone, I mean it's like it's a trying to copy a star craft 2 clone if that makes sense but I'll explain on, so each race does something different but they all need basic resources and special resources, basic for normal units, special for upgrading and your super unit, o.k so that sounds very fucking familiar already right well here's where it goes off from that track, your units have no special abilities they can do and I mean like l33t skill shot things just simple stuff more suited for macro play however there's a cap limit and this pop limit is really tiny, it's smaller then tib wars was I think so now you're thinking "how does a game suited to macro play style work with a fairly small amount of units?" the answer is simple….. you can hide your ground units in bushes DON'T QUESTION IT, alright so you get three infantry, vehicle, air units one super unit which are actually just light medium and heavy units now the game it's self is very soft countery which again helps the macro aspect of it some more but here's where the research and upgrade system comes in, so you've a hard cap of what you can get tech wise and you've got three trees to pick form which fuck me I forget but it's something like ground, air and support, these actually do stuff though that change your certain units entirely but once you reach your tech cap, that's it hope you're happy with your choices because fuck you this is not your grove it's the bed that you chose and yes this is as bad as you think because if you have a strat you wish to do and you don't want to get assraped you have to hold off on doing said strat until your opponent has locked into his otherwise he'll hard counter you with it, yes the game that I said was a soft counter system is actually not with the tech tree bullshit I feel like I'm talking out of my ass here since I can't remember if you can untech switch out but I've this uncanny hazy memory that it takes forever or something

so how does this actually play out? well it's alright nothing too bad nor special like that user said it's slow and it's slow for a good reason otherwise you'd get raped by the grey goo race as soon as the game starts since they were so good at rushing the other races especially alphas that they had to get nurfed like the dirty slime sluts they are, honestly the game would have been much better if they focused on being a large scale macro rts rather then try to try and add micro shit into the mix how they did

I'd say they more then likely did but nope this is the team which did fucking tib wars and generals, so while those weren't true westwood games they were at least solid titles

more then likely

it wasn't supposed to be a main title, it was supposed to be some side game for the gook market but EA said fuck it we're doing this and they went with it

if anything it's more like dawn of war then anything

not much to really say, they're your whole base, you produce units from them and upgrade them using blue tib I think

there's no power
there's no tech tree
there's no resources management of any kind
you just collect tib from the points and build units sometimes

So much fun, pity about the desynch thing.

this is the gameplay

What do you guys think of Baldies? Have you ever played it?

Who the fuck cares about this shit? Seriously, halo wars sucked and halo wars 2 is just as bad.

I want to fucking die.
It's over.

heh

You deserve to suffer.
I bet you also liked DoW 2

I was hoping the multiplayer/multiplayer footage would have SOMETHING redeemable.
I was so horribly wrong.

There is no hope for me, I am already gone

Man, you DO deserve to suffer.

Stupid crack whore.

I hope it sells like shit so they can't add them.

Holy fuck there is no words to describe this HERESY!

tiberium will set us free

don't worry, you are safe

Man i fucking love TS ost.

LoS is not blocked by terrain in SC:FA. However, shots are blocked by terrain as they are actually in-world projectiles and not simply an animation that does damage when it finishes. You can dodge shots with good micro, shots can be blocked by other units, sometimes artillery will accidentally hit air units, nukes will hit air superiority fighters and detonate in mid-air destroying someone's entire air force, etc.

Hey Ross,
No I haven't.
There were only 4 RTS games in my life:
Emperor: Battle for Dune
Empire Earth
Starcraft
Warcraft 3

At least it's elite mod

But isn't it a pre-order bonus?
I know, same shit different day.

They implemented a skin feature, you really think that they're gonna miss the additional cash from good goys buying reskins, after all other assfagots got rich doing that? I bet they are gonna also have this crate loot thingy like cs:go does

DOW3 being shit has killed my spirit. PC games no longer interest me anymore. It's all dota and overwatch shit.

I know they're going the full ASSFAGGOTS route, I know they're going to sell skins left and right, I suspect they'll go with runes as well, and I also think it's only a matter of time before they introduce crates or something.
I'm just saying that this one early skin pack isn't DLC, but a pre-order bonus instead.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?!?!?!?

they don't have to please their audience, they have to please their stockholders and the only people who know how to do that is the market research team

this wasn't an issue back in the day since everything wasn't own by afew companies and businessmen had to throw shit at the wall to see what sticks

Are you braindead or something?

This

Does anyone that worked on DoW still at Relic?

Hi Arch

These 2 things don't match.

Cuckchan is just 50% legitimate shills. The rest of the people on there are normalfags and underage niggers.

What the fucking Christ is that? It's actually WORSE than I thought it was going to be.

NOW THIS REALLY PISSES ME OFF TO NO END

So whos making Space marine 2 and yes it is being made someone paid for remaking the site and twitter account.

spacemarine.com/

I can't find the twitter anymore.

I'd be hyped for this had DoW3 not turned out the way it has.

Inb4 they turn space marine into a call of duty clone.

If anything, it's just going to be made to closer resemble Gears of War.
I'll still probably play it, the jetpack section was satisfying as all hell.

Well I'd like being able to use cover tbh. The whole "cover is for the weak" thing triggered my autism though I understand why they did it. I'll laugh my ass off when it kills off the last of the Eternal Crusade player base. Well all but those that sunk a lot of money into it.

Hope they use the same story that was planned for SM2 and 3, seemed good.

They are not thinking at all user.

You wot?

It's the
CURRENT YEAR
what were you expecting?

God was that a shitshow, i'm really glad that it is pretty much dead in the water ever since it got released. I mean it has no new content whatsoever (bar cosmetic shit) and it still has unfinished gamemodes to boot.

Proofs?!

Captain Titus will never fight a new battle.

Yeah it was in a humble bundle a few weeks ago. Never played it myself seeing I had followed it from the start and seen how quickly it turned to shit.

Get ready for renegade Titus.

Renegade only in the eyes of everyone but the Emp. And the Emp opinion is the only one that matters.

Looking forward to him forming his own chapter in 3, assuming they stick to the original plan.

I hope in SM2, Titus fights other enemies instead of Orks/Chaos. Like fighting against the Tau, or killing Tyranid vermins.

it's closer then blood sc2 at least

yfw he gets recruited by the alpha legion

If they did an Ork game like that I'd be okay.

Kill me

No. You live just to suffer the infection of ASSFAGGOTSry

archive.is/1niQo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHH

=HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAH==
There is only 1 multiplayer mode.
And the mode is pure ASSFAGGOTS. You kill turrets to reach a core.
There is no skirmish, no point control. Nothing but ASSFAGGOTS.

IT'S WORSE THAN ANYONE COULD HAVE IMAGINED
NO WONDER ANGELOS DOES LEAPS IN TERMINATOR ARMOR
THIS RTS LEAPS INTO A MOBA SO EVERYTHING IS ALLOWED

>rogue smurfmarine chapter
It could have been nice.

You know it really is impressive just how they managed to kill their chances of success after all the hype they built up in the beginning; I mean COME ON, the cinematic trailer was great and represented what we wanted: a grim, dark, bloody and endless war between ultra powerful warriors and epic war machines. If you were to tell anyone that the game was going to be a ASSFAGGOTS they would have told you to shut the fuck up and get out.
Instead of all that we get this pile of shit.

It keeps fucking up. At this point I expect cosmetic dlcs up the ass followed by a dlc for each new faction.

well that looks like a fun romp but as the only game mode? how much drugs are being consumed at relic?

thats already how it is for dow2

For multiplayer that is the only mode.

is it the only multiplayer map as well?

There is probably more than 1 map. After all with 1 mode in multiplayer they should at least have a handful of maps for it.

Multiple maps are considered a downside to the average ASSFAGGOT, so I wouldn't hold my breath, they're the target audience after all.

If the map is lane based with turrets, then a new map translates to as little as a new paintjob and minor terrain changes.

that fucking reviewer is a joke ASSFAGGOTS asides

obviously theyre going for that audience but is it even really an assfaggots or just some kind of oversimplified lane map?
i mean, i see them controlling armies and building structures in the video footage.

it's them trying to split the difference, giving the market a complicated assfaggots and a simplest RTS the hope is that enough people will be happy with it so it'll sell

Reminder that the faggots pretending Dawn of War 2 was a good game enabled this.

no, fags who liked coh2 enabled dow2 and neither of those has anything to do with this bullshit

True, but he is among the few to consistently shit on dow3.

Nah. The huge focus on hero units and moba modes is there in DoW2. The progression makes sense when the dow3 devs played mostly Last Stand and only ever worked on last stand dlc-s.

is it the same dev team? and not just using the name relic

dawn of war 2 came years before company of heroes 2.
i havent played it, but aside from merchantry i think company of heroes 2 was an actual rts.

you expect that to happen why?

it's a step down from the first game but either way

Grey Goo, aside from narrow unit selection, was just way too sci-fi and unintuitive in visual design and lackluster in sound design. Everything is either a weird cubic or insect-like shape, none of it communicates anything to the player. See pic related: you have four units in the screenshot, a building, and some alien-looking foliage. Could you tell there are four different types of units? Barely. Could you figure out what they do just by looking at them? Not at all. What is the building? Maybe it's a refinery of some sort, that's what the pipes are for, right? And what is the weird octopus-looking plant? Is it a resource point? It kind of looks like a resource point. We don't have any pre-existing cultural reference points to any of the units and very few of the buildings, so it's hard to make sense of them.

The other two factions are the same, the visual design of the units fails to distinguish their functionality at a glance, and as a result nothing makes sense right out the gate, instead you have to spend a lot of time reading unit descriptions and trying to understand unit functionality and purpose. Moreover, the ground texture is muddy and distracting - it has shit colors and too many ugly bumps all over. Saturation, color, and contrast hierarchy in this game are off the charts in how bad they are. Look at pic 2. It's blue on blue on blue on blue with some shit brown on the edges. Garish. Compare it to pics 3 and 4, a timeless classic for a reason.

Then there's the sound design which feels really lackluster, unresponsive and muddy. There is no oomph, there is no clicking, and no reward. Big guns don't make big sounds. Enemies that get destroyed don't crack or yell in a satisfying manner. Sound design in general is neglected in way too many recent games, and in Grey Goo it's particularly bad because RTSes require that satisfactory music of combat for our brains to receive those sweet reward triggers for success. Compare the sploshing and splashing and swooshing of Grey Goo to something like C&C Generals, where units have fun and badass voice responses, the turret fire feels like it has weight behind it, enemy vehicles make punchy explosions, sometimes with delayed release or funny screams. Then you have something like falconets in AoE III destroying a building - parts fly off with a big cracking sound and a puff of smoke as the cannonballs blast through the roof, and when the building finally comes crashing down it does so physically, with a huge satisfying rumble and impact, leaving rubble and smoke behind. Compare that to Grey Goo's low-energy little.. "blesh, kssshhh buhh" ..and you start to understand why there is no appeal in it. It is just 'meh' all the way. There is no oomph or a hierarchy of danger in the design. This is why Grey Goo, despite having alright mechanics, is just so damn boring. Low energy, sad.

It was artsy shit. The narrator was female too. I knew something was going on. When something is that abstractly styled there's a good chance it's going to be shit.

If DoW3 were going to be a proper game, the trailer would have featured thousands of Imperial Guard charging, Space Marines in melee, or other such battle scenes WH40k is known for - instead of artsy college "muh deep" shit.

Emperor's teeth, they really outdid themselves. Even thought I've been saying it looks like and ASSFAGGOTS from the beginning, I still assumed there would be a typical destroy-enemy-base mode. But no, MOBA players might be spooked by something new and alien like that.

I think he meant this one.

How do you fuck up this bad?
Literally copy the older games, that's all you had to do.

This is spot on for why the game just isn't fun

everything you said about the visuals of grey goo is very subjective and I can point out lots of RTS games which do that kinda thing but are considered good games over all

Do it

KKnD 2
starcraft
perimeter
metal fatigue
any fucking C&C

None of those are even half as bad. They're not garish, in fact they're even pleasant-looking in places, and even though I've never played any of thse games I bet I can approximately guess the function of nearly all of these buildings and some of the units.

I'm sure you can approximately guess what the shit in grey goo is to, specifically if you're playing it at the same time

Unit/building recognition is among the dumbest of arguments for a game. Dow3's design is supposed to help unit recognition.
Well fuck that. Maybe some of us want bizzare designs that make no sense. The issue with goo was poor optimization, small maps, slow gameplay and too simple designs - looking at the goo striders and similar units.

I think that intuitive design leads to sim lining and that leads to casualing

You know what? I think the same said here could be said for why Ashes of the Singularity is so meh as well, especially in regards to sound design and impact.

GW has no say in what people do with their videogames, they just take the money and fuck off.

I want to try WC3 but the fear of "Ded gaem" syndrome has kept me away. I guess I don't want to be yearning for more but knowing I'll never get it.

muh niggas

it isn't a dead game, lots of people still play it, infact more people play that game then any of the EA c&c games

Righto right. I went ahead and grabbed a random screenshot from Grey Goo as well and tried to guess, let me know how good I was.

Also unit animation and effects are at least half the design, if I remember correctly at all it was shit as well in GG. I do concede in that if you were to place visual design and sound design on a scale, sound design would weigh more, but it's not so simple - they go hand in hand and complement each other. They have to sync up. Both have to be impactful and distinguishable.

you would have been about even on both of them if you had actually tried with all those ones you lazily question marked

Well I legitimately have no idea what they are. I can only guess that they are upgrades to existing buildings, and the spherical building might be a resource pod, if those exist in GG.

This could be a new Holla Forums game. Grab a screenshot of a unit or structure and try to guess what it's purpose is having not played the game.

half are the actual defensive turrets, the other is tech upgrades to buildings. have you actually played grey goo?

it would be a /rts/core game since I don't think it'd work outside of here

Holla Forums was right, again. Also fuck Relic.

At this rate we'll have to make our own game.

Yeah I played it for 3 hours a month after launch as the goo faction. I was very unimpressed so I've forgotten most of it, except the reason I was disappointed.

There was an user who was actually doing just that, in the form of a Dwarf RTS game
Last I checked he couldn't settle on the engine though

I mean I don't blame you what so ever, I'm not trying to defend it

he was wanting to make his own game, not a game made by the thread

We've got experience in these things.

Not even forums of DoW2 mods are safe.
I'd be surprised if they don't pull the plug on DoW2 servers to force everyone to jump into DoW3.

they've done everything they can to loose any kinda audience they have already so I wouldn't be surprised if they do

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Posting some AoE III screenshots cause why not. It was a fun game but also such lost potential.

It hurt with rpgs and it hurts again with rts.

"wh"?

warhog

Hows Cossacks 3?

this has only furthered my confusion

Good.

I was young once too I suppose

Ayy

peace through power

Lizard pls

I have found out about this guy's channel through some other videos, it's chill as fuck

Contrary to popular belief, these games don't sell really well barring the most popular ones. However, they require the minimum amount of player input, don't really need hi-tech AIs since most matches will be on online multi anyways and they serve as great platforms for DLC.

I really, really wish there'd be a company that specializes in making actual clones of old game IPs, but with names and settings just slightly altered so that they don't get into copyright hell. I.E. Control&Conquest BlackOp, where the units and mechanics are literally the same as Red Alert but you fight as Commonwealth vs Axis.

PEACE

petroglyph sort of is doing that with the 8-bit series but not really

They released it without fixing any bugs from the original

Pretty fun, worth the 19 dollar price, tons of lulz if you play with friends like taking out a whole settlement because someone didn't build a wall and 1 horseman captured all your villagers then order a mass seppuku

Tourneyfag time?
-
RA2/YR
Y tier: Yuri
S tier: Iraq
A tier: America, Korea
A- tier: Great Britain
B tier: France
C tier: Cuba
D tier: Germany, Libya
E tier: Russia
-
Generals
China>GLA>USA
-
Zero Hour
S+ tier: USA Air Force General, USA Toxin
S tier: GLA Stealth General, China Infantry General
A tier: (empty)
B tier: USA, USA Laser General, China Tank General
C tier: China Nuke General, GLA Demo General
D tier: USA Super Weapon General, GLA, China
-
Tiberium Wars: Nod > GDI > Scrin

Anyone have a tier list to share for their favorite RTS game? Further explanations welcome!

I'd put Tank in A tier if they didn't get 9/10 raped by everything in S tier plus Laser. They're only in B because they're the only non-S tier that stands a chance against USA, but they don't outright beat them and they definitely don't have a chance against anything above them.

Think you mean GLA.

Correct!

I thought Thrax had a reputation of sucking hard against everything that isn't infantry.

Company of Heroes 1

Company of Heroes 2

WHERE DID EVERYTHING GO SO WRONG?

Toxin is the single easiest and strongest army in ZH, but USAF is the only one with 11 advantageous matchups. Tox Air happens to be the best 2v2 team in ZH 1.04.

Which army are you surprised Toxin beats? He more or less can do whatever he wants and still win unless it's a Stealth Comanche spamming Air Force Gen.

And for the record all the GLAs have an easy time against Infantry General.

You forgot
Pure fucking cancer. Should have known better than to expect anything good from post-CoH2 Relic.

IMO Relic has never made a good RTS by any standard.

It's a weird concept in RTSs due to the tiers shifting around a lot depending on map and game mode. i.e in AoE2 you're unlikely to find someone playing Britons when not on Black Forest or Huns when not on a fast/open map. In that game it's much easier to say what the popular map meta is than the actual powerlevel of the civs. Every game ends up doing it to some extent unless standard settings are enforced.

I've been playing a lot of Mental Omega lately and it's interesting to look at something currently being developed and how the balance changes over time, especially right after patches when nobody knows what the "real" meta is. And of course that means my opinion's going to change with time as well.
S Tier: China, PsiCorps, Headquarters, Euro Almost unanswerable compositions and the Libra glitch
(gap)
B Tier: Confederation An actually balanced faction
C Tier: Russia Gunship spam is really good but they're pretty shit at everything else
D Tier: Scorpion Cell, Pacific Front Limited by giant holes in gameplan
E Tier: USA Endgame units lose to tier 1 infantry spam
SS Tier: Coronia, Last Bastion, Haihead Retarded units on an overpowered faction
S Tier: China, Confederation, Russia, Headquarters Soviet jet rush is unbeatable by non-Foehn, HQ tech rush into Rahn + Irkalla ends games on its own even if delayed
(gap)
B Tier: USA, Scorpion Cell USA are now great generalists and SC is much better at doing what it does
C Tier: Pacific Front Still a hard faction to 1v1 with but at least they have unique tools
D Tier: PsiCorps, Euro Libra glitch is fixed and Psi gets almost nothing. Euro nerfed too hard stats-wise
A+ Tier: Haihead
A Tier: Last Bastion, Coronia LB and Coronia take the brunt of the nerfs, Foehn in general still has (too) many tools
B+ Tier: China
B Tier: USA, Scorpion Cell, Headquarters, Confederation, Russia
B- Tier: Pacific Front, Euro Weaker factions are less bad than before but any fundamental flaws remain unchanged
C Tier: PsiCorps

Many of DoW1's mechanics were interesting at the time. And regardless of its strength as an RTS it was definitely good fanservice.

DOW1 was good until Relic hired David Kim to totally fuck up the expansions, the same retard who later ruined StarCraft 2

Well, it definitely was incredibly good fanservice and got some newborns interested in WH40k. I was a big fan of 2v2/3v3 in vanilla DoW (fuck, 1v1 sucked), and I wish that meta had been better developed across DC and SS. Kinda wish SS had been accepted by the community post-patch when it became the most balanced game in the series. The schism between DC and SS was awful for both games.

I mained Chaos and I don't like the way it evolved from vDoW to SS.

Is AoE2's meta still so unstable and decentralized after all these years that there's no tournament map pool? That makes me a bit sad actually.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that first trailer was sh!t. Red flags started there for me, got worse with each new bit of information I saw. It's sad too, as I remember REALLY wanting a sequel to DoW2 for a while. This is not what I had in mind though.

I should have listened to the old guy from Pet Sematary: "Sometimes dead is better."

Χαίρε αυτοκράτορα!

Rendered 2D isometric view is just so cozy.

How pathetic user, I bet you think ranged cavalry and heavy infantry are for losers

But seriously ignoring the lost potential it was quite a good game
What really killed it was the unlimited resources as well as the unbalanced expansion teams (asian teams were pretty gud whilst native teams were pretty shit) but the home city shipments added something new to the RTS genre which hasn't seen any changes in so long
Still they shouldn't have tried being so innovative with an AoE game

I wouldn't mind seeing an RTS that tries doing something like this soon, But with the way people are trying to Innovate games now days turn them into ASSFAGGOTS, I dont think we're going to be seeing anything truly innovative until the genre is dead

I completely agree with this

Cancer

it's """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""fun""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Thrax is arguably the strongest army.

Whats your in game nick faggit?

wanna play?

This low on the list
You just dont know how to play them m8

In 3.0 slow down enemy units with support power and use zephyrs, also hailheads massacre inf
In 3.3.1 Use norio to harras and put enemy back to t2, use battle turtles to gain space/time and again massacrate infantry with hailheads, also use suppressors, if you use them smart (like suppressing enemy t3 deffences) you can heal your whole army with it

I knew that the 4th side will be total clusterfuck when i saw anime robots in trailer

It's true that I'm shit at PF, but I think there are reasons they're rarely picked in 1v1. They seem to be a sink or swim faction that have really varied matchups and can do incredibly well or incredibly badly. PsiCorps has a similar issue but PF is much, much better than PC.

A lot depends on map

For eg. they do badly on a narrow 1v1 map with not much room for maneuver, but on the other hand on a map with bodies of water or rivers you can use surprise kappa tank attack or just generally your forces are more mobile.

How is it nowdays? I remember playing it 10 years ago on a shitty disc demo that came with some shit magazine and it only had 3 missions so I kept playing over and over even though there were only two tech levels. But yeah, do people still play it? I heard that it was popular in Germany.

if you're wishing to go back to basics, it's one of the better RTS games to go back to but I don't know if there's a fan lobby for it like supcom or c&c has so you may want to try evolvehq instead of hamachi

Haihead gets superfucked with anti-infantries, either SEALIFV rushes or ScorpionCell.
I think the big problem with foehn as a whole is that half their units are non-psicontrollable and the other half can't be crushed by tanks, and that their economy is so fucking broken holy shit, but they are easily beat if you actually kill their units early in the match. You just have to secure tank kills else they'll forcefire their own tanks to heal them.

What made it good and why is it so trash now?

Thor gunships spam made the fraction good
Thor nerf weakened the fraction
Also their highest tech tank (charon) is pretty shit
They also were supposed to have good antiinfantry unit (snipers) but snipers suck, even after the buff in recent update, they cant even kill t1 infantry in one shot

I agree with all of that. The reason I put Haihead above the rest is because some factions don't have an answer to Megalodons no matter how hard you try. But you're right in that the solution is to never let them get that far in the first place.

I think Siegfried's rate of fire also got nerfed.

China - Dragonfly
Russia - Volkov
LC - the mortar guys?
Allies - Chrono legionaries
Epsi - ???

EMP/PC magnet beams are probably the best thing. Legionnaires would work, but are kinda impractical for other purposes. LC Mortars are too slow to kite and probably don't do enough damage anyway. What I don't know is how Chitzkoi interacts with them. I'm guessing he dies if he falls off when Megaarena is active, because of the 1-2 frame gap between leaps.

Yeah they are kinda shit

What brings me to question, is it even possible for LC to defeat China?
I mean they have no way to counter Centurion + yunru as yunru emp stuns mortar quads

Ive grown to love them recently, people dont really expect them, for eg. i distracted one epsi player with small battle and managed to get his battle lab. Another example when i fought vs a LC player with lots of defenses i didnt had prisms as my army was weakened after big battle first with epsi player than with remains of LC and i had to assault his base quick to avoid him getting rebuild, so i teleported few chrono legionaries just to shut down his nuclear plant, without even destroying it, just for enough time for my mirage to occupy guys ore fields and siegfried to destroy barracks and refinery

I recommended this in an older RTS thread and some user's said they'd check it out. Are you guys still around?

What is it?

we need a new thread

Most likely just their Foxtrots, though i heard those were nerfed in the most recent patch? They don't really have a good counter other than massing teslas and catastrophes, but those two are terrible on cost efficiency ratios even when paired together. The mortars just aren't that good at all except against regular tank formations, nevermind they're overpriced for the amount of damage they can actually inflict.

When we reach page 13. FPS/RTS hybrid edition when?

There's this

It's not really an RTS but it's still very micro-management heavy though so I guess it's semi-related. I mostly brought it up because the thread was slightly off topic. Gunna use the same pics and rhetoric I used last time.

Essentially it's a squad based KGB-simulator that absolutely reaks of TF2 (both in the classes you can choose from and in the dark humor). Where you make a team of 2-4 from a list of 6 to pull off these shadow government missions (although 1 is usually always the bolt agent who carries the radio around, minus a few levels). Shit like "Plant evidence in this residence houses to prove what we knew all along". The missions vary a ton, minus the first 2 maybe but the first one is more like a tutorial and the second one and adds a sewer system and rooftops that you can navigate the city through. So even though they're the most similar 2 levels they're still widely different.

Sounds more like a TF2-inspired Syndicate/7.62 clone to me.

There's nothing really like it that I've seen considering you have to control all your units in first person, which is where the huge micro element comes from. You basically can manually switch between units via key bindings, and or hold the key and give them orders from another units perspective depending on what button you push and what you're looking at.

Also you have to lug this radio around to keep your signal going to your squad or else you get fuzz and basically have to say "return to the nearest power source" where your the AI takes over which usually results in disaster.

WC1 vs WC2 vs WC3

WC2
3rd one felt too assfaggots like for me

WC3(with custom maps)>WC2>WC3(no custom maps)>WC1>WOW