Meta threads are allowed apparently and so my grievance: discussion of the rule about template threads

Meta threads are allowed apparently and so my grievance: discussion of the rule about template threads

The rule as it currently stands is not at all well-defined and indeed amounts to two Rugga screencaps (one of which is just him complaining his threads are deleted as fast as he can make them) and a referral to "Foolz posting" that makes no sense as I haven't found a definition for "foolz posting" anywhere on the internet. The problem I have with the rule is threefold: thread quality is not really any better off for generic thread-starters or "low quality" threads not being allowed (indeed a huge amount of OC in previous Holla Forums years was generated from otherwise bland or generic threads from threads going in unexpected directions or being purposefully veered off in some fashion), the rule seems to have been made in response to one poster who isn't a problem anymore, and if I were to take the given examples of the rule at face value, all longstanding general threads currently on Holla Forums would be slated for deletion due to identical thread-starters and differing images with each thread, which they clearly aren't.

So, my own suggestions are as follows:

1) Actually define the rule, so there is a clear definition of what is and is not a template thread. Prevents brainless crying about template on the parts of both the administration and the userbase if there is a metric by which "template" can be judged

2) Remove the rule altogether seeing as it seems to have been made in response to a threat that isn't tangible and offers no real benefit

Meta threads are template threads

foolz is a achieve 4chan had back in the day where you can post in them and all the shitters back then used to

yes we still have autists posting the same shit all the time to shitpost in as many threads as they can, see the gensis/undertale faggot

You repeated this shit so many times now that it's ironically become something of a template thread in itself. In short - even if you have best laws imaginable it doesn't count for shit if your cops are lazy slobs or if your courts are heavily biased or otherwise corrupt.

A template thread is a thread that is designed to populate itself with simple word swaps of the OP or fill-in-the-blank responses without much room or reason for discussion. The Friday Night Fucker thread, for example, is a template thread. The reason it is allowed is because the intention of the thread is to foster a sense of community, while the intention of most template threads is to foster an environment of zero effort shitposting.

Most people understand this without being told. Most people who pretend confusion at this do so with the intention of forcing the creation of a ruleset that they can then exploit for the sake of their own entertainment, rather than board quality.

much like 4am threads then

If 4am threads were intended to foster a sense of community they wouldn't be made by and populated solely with avatarfags who have their own off-board hangouts.

did you forget the 8/v/ steam groups or discords and also that mumble?

Those people don't maintain their off-site identity when they post here as far as I'm aware, and they don't maintain their own daily general thread.

as far as you're aware 4am threads are only for avatarfags and so are those off board hangous, almost as if you're not all that informed

Huey is the only one of you who isn't guilty.

I've posted it a lot because it won't get notice otherwise and it's the rule that bothers me the most because it does not explain what it actually covers, not to mention it doesn't really tangibly improve anything to ban the subject-matter. I already know Holla Forums's moderation is kinda terminal in the first place but being quiet about it hasn't helped and emails go nowhere slowly.

That's about the fourth or fifth different definition I've gotten for what a template thread is and the fact I'm running into multiple definitions for it is why I want the rule to either go away or actually have a set definition. No, the two Rugga screencaps given as a definition for "template thread" in the rules don't convey anything you just told me; the latter cap given only implies Rugga was posting them for the explicit purpose of shitting up the place, the hows or whys are unexplained even in the given archive link to the rugga's board, pls report board.

I've always thought of it like this: You have standard template threads (Friday Night Fuckers threads for example as mentioned), but there are also Rugga-type template threads (unrelated smug anime avatar image, short 1-2 line greentext saying something that's been repeated a thousand times before ("who is he, Holla Forums?" / "Why are you always playing as a girl? Are you literally gay?" / "Now that the dust has settled can we agree that ?").

The rule regarding template threads I believe is meant to reference the latter type of template thread (which should be probably referred to as Rugga threads to reduce confusion). I agree though, the rules need to be clarified and updated so that there is no room for misinterpretation.

Rugga threads are just drive-by shitposting. He's got a text document full of posts that are successful at provoking responses and he dumps them three or four at a time to get replies. I guess it could be called a template but it's not the most accurate description.

The reason that there's a Rugga cap as an explanation for template threads is because Mark isn't very bright.

outing your self like that, ahuh

This is why injecting identity into an anonymous environment is always a cancer.

it's o.k to be awful without an identity though, double standards there

Using an identity in an anonymous environment degrades the anonymous environment. Degrading your environment for your own self-promotion is what cancer does.

Yes meta threads are allowed but so are dubs threads , this is a dubs thread now

are you going to define how it does that?

I shouldn't need to tbh

Clearly it isn't

and yet here you are saying it does when there's no real proof of your claim

What kind of proof would you expect? Longitudinal studies, published works? The board defaults to anonymous for a reason. If you don't understand the reason in your bones, why are you here?

if it's not a tangible thing in which you can easily define and prove via simple imagery then why should anyone believe you? you're just biased and instead of admitting it you're scrounging for reasons or in this case "feel it in your bones"

You and the rest of the 4am avatarfags are the only ones who don't. I don't have to try to convince any of the other 2000+ people who post here, they don't need convincing because they understand it too. It's just you ten to twenty who don't, and Huey who does. Do you understand that gap? What an extreme minority you are? Do you ever wonder why you're the only ones?

how do you know? they're anonymous as far as you know it's even less then the "ten to twenty" and here you are again making claims without proof

I have a defense force now? When did this happen?

What claims? Two thousand posters? It's on the overboard, 2260 active ISPs. Not IPs, 8ch doesn't track that, 2260 ISPs, which means there's certainly more posters than that, but how many is anyone's guess. Ten to twenty avatarfags? Most of the old ones left because even they found the new avatarfags completely unbearable. What a strange thing, cancers finding cancers unbearable to be around.

What gay offsite did this retard link the thread in?

You were always alright in my book, Huey.

you're their scared cow of shit posters

your claim that you're assuming you don't need to convince anyone because you want totalitarian authority here

That's where the you and the rest of the thread fell into the trap.

I wish I was a sacred cow, the tripfag used to constantly scream about how I should be banned in all of the external groupings whenever I'd drop by to laugh at them. I managed to get /a/ pissy about my shitposting despite almost never using the board, which counts for something.

it's just the size of the site, elitist fuckers screeching everyone out

Nobody else avatarfags. What other proof do I need? No namefags, no tripfags, no avatarfags except 4am. Most animals don't have to be told not to eat their own shit. They don't demand proofs, they just understand it.

Totalitarian authority? I'm just a poster. I didn't establish the culture, a generation of forgotten Nip shut-ins did twenty years ago. Everyone else is here for the culture. Why are you here?

Was it really a trap if I jumped in because I approved of the reason it was set

as far as you know nobody else avtarfags and since you're unable to prove all those claims, you can say what you like but it doesn't change the facts

But you see, I'm hated by a chunk of the thread because I didn't join the circlejerk that was set up to give him all of the attention, and am more or less the only faggot from the "old avatarfags" who still calls him an attentionwhore.

I didn't expect people to actually believe me.

"him"?

Ritsu. He's literally the only reason the threads are made, and he's tripfag that's built up everything into a circlejerk for himself and tells 90% of the thread giving him attention to not go to the (((shitty))) parts where he wasn't able to astroturf opinions that favored him.

give me the skinny, were you one of the guys he tried to con into buying him expensive stuff?

I thought 4am avatarfags were just selfish but no, it turns out that you actually are brain-damaged enough to stare self-evident truth in the face and screech for proofs. Incredible. "As far as I know"? I can look at the board and see it for myself.

I never talked to him outside the threads because I kept distancing myself from the retards in them. I think he's just ass blasted people even bothered to talk to/about me and kept trying to find ways to make it to where he was talked about when the threads were made, especially when that came to light.

incredible indeed

I just don't like how people are punishing the whole thread just because of one person

A template is merely a schema, a model, by which a person can create something. 2ch was the template for all the rest of the chan boards, for example. Technically speaking, all threads are created from a template; that is to say, all threads have an OP, that may or may not include image or video content, are automatically placed a the top of the first page, and are exposed to the posting limits. As for the definition of the term "template thread" I think it means to imply that there is a certain style by which shitposters can easily create a large quantity of shit threads in order to deliberately initiate a forum slide or engage in topic dilution. If you have 30 organized guys who all take the same template (i.e. something like LOLXD SHITPOST SHITPOST SHITPOST) and either use that or slightly modify it in their concerted effort to shitpost, then they won't have to spend time that could be used in their assault to think of some new thread OP, or find a new set of images, or whatever.

So, there you go. A template thread can be described as a type of thread that is being spammed nonstop in the name of shitposting, or some other type of disruptive activity. The template itself cannot be defined until it is first spotted. Anything can be a template. That being said, I agree that the rule is superfluous and vague, and protection against this type of disruption is covered in rule 1.

I motion to get rid of rule 7.

If anything, it's been a group effort since we moved over. You have to understand that me and Smokes have been regularly posting with an identity for over 2 years in the threads.

is it spam if it's done once a week or so?

a group effort of who though?

The thread's bumplocked lad

Everyone in the thread. If you get one attentionwhore that gets off scot-free in a thread, the other attentionwhores will start jumping in, and eventually you get to the point where the only way to salvage the thread is to just start deleting it because half the population is either attentionwhores or are trying to get replies from attentionwhores like the way it is now in the threads.

I noticed a while ago.

how do you even determine who's a attention whore?

If they've formed an identity where it doesn't matter. Ritsu is an attentionwhore because he's constantly posting with a trip when in the thread and refuses to use the cytube people link in every single thread because he gets laughed at in it. Smokes is an attentionwhore because he individually replies to every post while avatarfagging. If you want an example that isn't related to 4am threads, Holla Forums is a circlejerk set up by attentionwhores specifically so they could all start tripfagging and reply to each other without getting banned.

Like I said, you can't define a template. You have to see something being used as a template before an argument can be made to assert that it's being used as a template. The issue here is simple:
1) There's generally not enough evidence to make a case for or against whether or not something is a template. If an OP is being used as a template, then it needs to be recorded. People do not always archive every single fucking thread. If you want rule 7 to be enforced, then every thread needs to be archived so that they can provide a basis by which mods and anons can evaluate whether or not new threads are indeed templates or not.
2) Unless the template is being actively spammed all over the board, you have no reason to give a shit. A lot of threads that are defended as "board culture" will also be templates. You've already named /4am/ and Friday Night, but there's others that are even on topic, like the /agdg/ threads, the /ogc/ threads, waifu wednesday, and pretty much every single god damned general under the sun. There's also draw threads and the Nipponese learning thread. Not every template thread is disruptive, and even the off topic template threads can still be of use. It's better to evaluate two things:
1) Is the thread helpful, stimulating, and generally worthy of being in the catalog, or is it filled with shitflinging garbage that belongs on Holla Forums or some other shit board?
2) Is there more than one template thread at a time taking up space? Is there some faggot spamming the template thread all over the place?

Rules 1 and 6 already take care of these two issues, so rule 7 is superfluous and unnecessary.

what about bloatfly fag, your self or lego user and I can think of tons of other people who haven't formed an identity but have one formed for them which is the case with me but you don't care about that

Huey was just a label because of who I specifically chose to defend him, if I had defended Griffith or someone else I'd probably be called that instead. Boatfly specifically chose to keep posting about his fetish and the fact that he was retarded enough to try and collect Funcopop figures. If you didn't like the fact that you got slapped with an identity for posting shit online, you wouldn't be there often enough for it to stick. Please don't come to the board, I'd rather it stay dead.

are you aware of that one autistic lolcow who claimed it then made a new discord for his autistic friends which use that board?

Not only was I there when he wiped the banners and everything else to "combat spam" and would randomly delete threads after the spam was gone to "combat spam" , I was there when he was replaced by someone who knows what he's doing.

oh he's replaced, do you know who?

Some autist that uses the board. I'm not there often enough, but that's just because it has the same amount of traffic as /vr/ so you can go ages without seeing a post.

could be castle

All I know is that I'd rather see the board get 5 posts a week than be populated by a bunch of retards from the irc.

the IRC is the worst and the discord is shaping up to be just as bad, I wish hobo didn't go full purge on the cytube since that was the most comfy the threads ever got

You win some you lose some. It's best to just slowly get away from the shitty parts and keep contact with those you liked.

going from place to place all the time is awful though

I want to feel like people do though

Get a waifu.

a waifus doesn't love you back, I'm sick of one sided relationships

Then you're fucked. I'm going to go get some sleep.

guess who I am first