Games You Should Play But Have No Interest

So I beat the first Baldurs Gate and it was pretty fun, I played the original with a few mods. The thing is I have no interest in the 2nd one even though I read almost everywhere that
ITS THE BEST RPG EVER MADE
To anyone who has played it, is it worth putting time into?
Anyone else get this with other games?
Also experienced this with Stalker, where I played the first one and then had no interest in the rest of the series.

All of them.

Final fantasy anything.

All the Legendary Frog cancer back in the day ruined it for me.

So you have only played the first one?

As a general rule of thumb I find that you should NEVER let the hype shape your opinion of a game, especially when it's declared 'THE BEST GAME EVAR.' No need to be a hipster about it, but just maintain a little healthy skepticism before you actually play a game. Years ago, I forced myself to try to like FF7 before I realized how I couldn't deal with the fucking awful combat system amongst other things.

Yeah, I have played through the Final Fantasys up to 9, I stopped at 10. FF7 still is the worst one in my opinion cause it just lacks anything interesting, feels dead/soulless, and the combat system/materia is boring.
As for the hype reference, I wasn't really hyped for the first one. I loved 2nd edition D&D so I tried BG. I am just wondering if I should give the sequel more time, or just move on.

Everyone always jerks off System Shock 2 for being so amazing but I went into it right off the end of System Shock 1 and I feel like it's just such a huge downgrade in all the areas I cared about. I'm probably like 70-80% of the way through it but trying to force my way through to the end has been an effort in futility as it just bores the shit out of me.

Games I should play? What the fuck does that even mean? Who are you my father? Telling me what games are the games that should be played? Fuck that I'll play whatever games I want, asshole.

Video games.

Well luckily I have only played the first one then.

Are ya winning son?

Yes, video games.

wat

I've played and beaten all the wrpg essentials. Apart from a few unfinished games with some neat ideas and so-so execution, like vtmb, the games themselves are mostly really shitty. Baldurs gate 1 and 2 and planescape torment and fallout 1 and 2 are fucking terrible games. Boring as shit with mediocre system design and garbage scenario planning.

Yes.

Historically: VTMB, I can't get over the combat.

Lately: Nioh. I enjoy the game, but I beat the ice boss a few days ago and haven't played it since. It should be something that I enjoy, but I just don't feel compelled to play it.

That happened to me with Dragon's Dogma. Forced myself to finish it and found it bland as fuck.

You're full of shit
SS2 does not indeed have the HUD clunky gimmick or the giant fucking maps even if still sizeable
The game isn't a great sequel but its a great game unlike that other consolized piece of shit and worth playing till the end and replaying some more to test some other builds and check shit you might have missed..

Play SS2, its worth it

Yes, it's the best RPG ever made.

While I personally liked SS2, its an objective downgrade, if for nothing else but the fact that the whole Rickenbacker section, and probably a good deal of the game content with it, was gutted for the release.

If you liked BG then you certainly should play 2.
In short, its a direct continuation expecting you to import your character from the first one.
Especially if you were dicking around with magic, since now you get all the high level stuff like timestopping, summoning demons and shit.

Nanites and builds make the game less interesting to me and they go directly against the weapon and item variety. In SS1 when you explore you're guaranteed to find things that you can use, you find ammo and its always worth picking up, you find weapons or hardware and you can use them right away. In SS2 when you explore you regularly find shit that does absolutely nothing for you. You go exploring and find a heavy weapon hidden in a corner of a room but you've got no points in heavy proficiency and you're not planning to put any in it so the time and resources you spent finding that weapon were wasted. You kill an enemy and he drops a pittance of nanites which you then usually have to backtrack searching for the one or two out of twenty vending machines that has shit you want to buy.

The level designs are also just flat worse in SS2 even aside from size, until decks 4 and 5 you don't really have any freedom to explore the floors at all since they're all designed as a couple branches that lead to dead ends that require keycards or combinations from the one path they want you to take and you end up having to go through all of them to progress. The cargo area on 2 is the most egregious example of this:
Compare this to SS1 where entire swaths of floors exist basically just to give you shit to explore on your own initiative for caches of weapons, ammo and meds and you can finish the plot elements on a floor having touched only like half of it. It makes it feel like you're actually exploring because you want to instead of the game stringing you along through every room.

I also liked the way the story was presented in SS1 better where you could run through a floor uninterrupted and grab all the logs and read them at your own pace, in 2 you can't go 3 rooms without Shodan or The Many barking in your ear telling you what to do and giving you good boy points for following instructions.

I don't understand anymore. It's Holla Forums is slowly suggesting worse games each year.

I played through part of it before I got bored with it
The problem is that all bioware games are at the root level, the same and it's very noticeable once you play a few that they all tend to follow the same trends/quests/companions

tbh, I though Icewind Dale was way better

You are saying I SHOULD play that trainwreck?
As some sort of self-torture?

Why aren't you paying the alimony, you deadbeat??

Gothic 2. I kinda liked the first one and apparently the second is the best in the series but I just never get round to it.

Any game posted here

Guild Wars 2

Well it's free now so you might as well try it. But don't give them any money devs went full on SJW, even added a tranny to the game to show how progressive they are

ultra casuals out tbh