Pixel Art Thread

Anybody have any red and white aesthetic loops?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/vp/res/10030.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pixel art is best viewed in 240p on an RGB monitor

It's time.

Been recently playing Street Fighter Alpha and I'm loving the artstyle, and the animations are great too although I always have considered SNK games to be better in this aspect

Is pixel art the classic rock of video games?

Love that fish eye lens effect.
For some reason the over all softeness and way the light is done makes me think of that "Painter of Light" light houses and churches guy.

The biggest sin of pixel art is not actually being pixel art, just a shoddily drawn pixelated piece of shit because the author is a cunt and the pixels are uneven.

This is one of my absolutely favorite pixel backgrounds.

They make pretty good wallpapers.

I mean I know graphics were drawn in account of that, but still I'm glad that CRT is a thing of the past. If I want to blur my shit I just apply simple bilinear filter and roll with it.

"Boss, get down! Quiet… that EB Games employee…"

Why has no one thought to make a modern day successor to Sim City 2000 using HD iso pixel art? It seems like the most natural thing in the world.

DAILY

I just wish all that glory was attached to good gameplay. Oh well, can't have everything at once.

you're missing the blank lines son.

What are those called? Scanlines? I dunno what kind of TVs even had them, never saw anything like that where I lived.
It really hard to google up, but everything looked something like this.

well, due to the way emulators called them scanlines, they were referred to as scanlines. However, every line on a CRT is a scanline, the blank lines are just blank lines. The reason they are visible is because the screen is being sent a 480i signal, but the console is only rendering a on half of those lines (which is why so many old games rocked 60FPS.)

Depending on the signal quality and size of the display, the lines are less visible. Because I use RGB in my pictures, it's a perfect signal with no data loss or approximation - most people who used composite or at best, s-video on things like lower end shadow masks or compact rectangular shadow masks likely couldn't see the blank lines unless they got particularly close. Trinitron displays have extremely visible blank lines, especially when you introduce higher quality signals and higher line-count displays running at 15khz.

these are taken from a 14" display and has extremely bold and visible blank lines because it's an RGB signal.

I personally prefer shadowmasks, as they advanced, high end ones produced stunning results - like Ikegami which I'm happy to say I own four of their monitors (one $12K one, and two $4K ones and a workbench 1.2K one)

That second one has passed the point where it can even be called pixel art.

AoF3 is far too underrated

?

I agree, check out my Trinitron

trinitrons have sharp corners, if you're going to fake it, at least fake it well. Shaders really don't capture the appearance of CRT in the slightest.

thrift stores that aren't goodwills and craigslist. look for "screen" "tube tv" not just crt. trinitrons with component are the best pure analog displays, try to avoid flat screen ones, and especially avoid widescreen ones unless they are computer monitors.

If you want pro quality, save up or look up gov't auctions and don't limit yourself to Sony. Ikegami is the best you can get, but Panasonic and JVC are both good. You just wanna make sure you get RGB.

true, this looks much better than the hand me down TV I used to play Master System and Mega Drive on as a kid

don't get me wrong, if I had access to a decent CRT and could lug it on the third floor I'd use that to play MAME on but it's not really necessary

I just have a 20" Ikegami to my left, next to my desktop setup with my analog consoles just a reach away.

I like the effort to capture the feel of a CRT there, but I feel it completely misses the way these things actually look.

Just hit up a pawn shop, homie.

Not exactly pixel art, but You Have to Win the Game looked pretty cool for what it was.
I wonder if anyone else is gonna try to create a faux-CRT style in a different (hopefully better) game.

oh right, I forgot to ask in the last thread: what game is that?
those Please Waits look familiar

you can have that by playing any decent 8 Bit home computer game in an emulator that has HLSL or crt-geom-deluxe, the former even has that screen shine effect
I don't have the MAME artwork files but that screen frame is possible too

We need to get some PC88 pictures circulating. This is all I've got.

with the devil loli and the flying witch? That is Cotton 2 and Cotton Boomerang on the Saturn. Some of the best shmups ever.

aww man I need to get better at Cotton, those games are way too hard for how cute they are

Source on the first one please

you should've spoilered that first one user

I don't see any tits or slits.

I don't have the foggiest. Sorry.

I miss when /wsg/ was active

Some .pdfs an user posted once I found very helpful.

Apparently I had another one.

Dumping lewd

And that's the end of it.

>>>/vp/
seriously man, 18 posts is thread slide territory.

What did he mean by this?

It means that he's a faggot.

Nice dump user. Been having a bumming birthday and this just lifted up my day.

This thread makes me glad Holla Forums isn't in charge of visuals in videogames.

user pls go make a thread in /vp/.
I was late and I really like this stuff and need your collection. That or please make a rar

you're dead aren't you.

Hey thanks. I was just trying to be helpful . I just woke up in the dead of night But I'll be on /vp/ to make a thread when I wake up.

awesome thanks.

what if you want to touch your hair to the screen to play with the leftover static charge

Because it's hard.

New thread: 8ch.net/vp/res/10030.html

pleb

Fun fact: the death animation where Eri and Flo get their clothes melted off has been stealthily censored in multiple releases of Metal Slug.

No

Of course a CRT autist had to come out

fyi here's how to link across boards
>>>/vp/10030