How Do We Make Our Podcast Less Cancerous?

Hi Holla Forums, so we're the SHIT Podcast and we've been working on this show and talking about it here for a while now (we're currently up to episode 8) and after the episode last Sunday we all decided to make this thread and get some feedback from anyone on here who have been watching us for the past while and those who have listened to a lot of video game podcasts and have experience seeing periods where the quality declined into cancer.

Firstly just to clear things up, we're not e-celebs. We do this solely for personal enjoyment and not for attention or shekels, none of us really give a shit about making some low budget podcast e-famous. What we want to do is make a podcast that fills a gap that some people here might see as a podcast solely dedicated to enjoyable discussion of video games without the cancerous tropes that plague modern successful vidya podcasts (shitty memes, forced humor, SJW pandering, having pretty neofag tier opinions, etc.).

So we want to ask Holla Forums:

and most importantly to those who've been watching us or want to give us a quick listen

We appreciate any feedback at all and hopefully we can make our show better for your listening pleasure. Our last episode can be found here: youtube.com/watch?v=kndSqqwXejo for anyone who wants to give us a quality diagnosis and wants to give some feedback on improvements.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCs-Z2PStD6_EQObQC6T9B1w
youtu.be/QfWDDsNy1yk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kill yourself

sure thing kiddo
and let me guess you guys are just having le fun

I don't listen to podcasts, so I didn't listen to yours, but making a thread like this is a huge fucking mistake.
If you want feedback, keep in mind you're gonna get a ton of shitposting by the no fun brigade. Good luck with that.

I don't give a shit about your feelings or opinions. I want historical facts about old games, consoles, hardware and soft ware. But you will never do this, cause you are fucking inbred faggots.

Sounds good.

We seriously are.

We're aware of that.

That's actually a good idea, will take note of.

Hey, if that fails, he can focus on current drama of other e-celebs. Doesn't that shit workout for 99% of the other podcasts?

I said I don't know about podcasts, but if you really are doing this because you like it, I got only one advice: pick games you like. Don't go after shitty games and then complain about them for an hour. That's funny for 15 minutes before people get bored.
Passion projects should be done with passion. About things you care about and trully enjoy.
Listeners can tell when you're having a good time, or when your "good time" is sponsored by Mtn Dew.

We mostly just talk about games we enjoy for most of the show so that point is definitely being stressed in every episode.

I'm stealing this and you can't stop me

Guy who runs the channel here. A lot of the stuff we've done going into this was based on wanting to reject the usual youtuber, e-celeb shit.

All adsense and any sort of advertising, e-shekel bullshit is disabled.
None of us are interested in building communities or fanbases around ourselves or personalities. We don't link to other channels or do let's plays or streams or ask for donations. No patreon or any e-begging. No sponsors or brand deals.

The intent from the start was to make a podcast that isn't overflowing with normalfag hipster e-whore bullshit. Something that Holla Forums would approve of because it's people honestly talking about games and not sucking Triple-Ayyy dick or searching for the latest streamer-bait.

every videogame podcast ever is going to suck if you are not a developer because everything about videogames is an active experience.

Where are there recordings of your podcasts? I want to watch them. Don't post YouTube.

/thread

A DAMN PODCAST
IS A FUCKING PASSIVE TYPE
EXPERIENCE.

Rip into shitty new games and casual ecelebs and feminists, tell me about any emulator updates maybe, maybe any major happenings in the vidya industry and talk about lesser known but good games for each weeks topic
Also for topics, also maybe do soem episodes on particular game mechanics and how to implement them right vs wrong

Everything is recorded through google hangouts and posted directly to youtube. I could host the videos somewhere else, but most fucking sites have retarded restrictions.

Got a preferred hosting method or site? I'll see about ripping audio.

Try not to have shit opinions.

I want to hear loud, violent fisting, recorded binaurally, at random intervals. I want to feel the squelching inside my ears as your victim's rectal integrity is compromised.

It'd be less fucking gay than what you're doing now.

Great minds think alike lad, came here to post this exact advice.

Nice try Bateman

Get a VPS, install a webserver, and put the videos there. Either that or a pomf.se clone. A public torrent tracket works too.

There's no money involved here and we're not pretending to be anything we're not.

That's entirely too much time and effort for this dumb shit.

Fuck off, moefag.
liking anime girls in a non-sexual way is gay.
stop adopting shit tier /a/ memes and behavior.

I think you're on the wrong board, kiddo.

This thread has found it's way to page 1 once more.

And you need to find your way out of this board.

Get out you cancerous e-celeb wannabees

JoJo's Podcast is better, honestly.
rip

What's the link to the youtube channel then?>>12007294

reeeeeeeeeeee

We're looking into compressing the audio
youtube.com/channel/UCs-Z2PStD6_EQObQC6T9B1w

Everyone in his thread except me is a faggot.

I've never listened to your podcast, nor do I plan to, but from this thread it looks as if you're desperate for an audience to pander to and it comes off as pathetic and off-putting.

Stop trying to beg for attention and focus on talking about vidya and having a good time. If you're having fun chances are your audience are too, and if they're having fun they'll tell their friends to listen to you.

Needs more variety, im sick of listening to the same flavours of people, we need someone autistic like that caranon guy

Screenshotted so I can repost a few months down the line when shit hits the fan.

We welcome his autism. Seriously, if he's out there we'll have him on.

I'm flattered you think we'll last another month, let alone several.

I think that you're a disingenuous piece of shit and I'm quite certain this place would be just a tiny bit less shit if you crawled back to tumblr or indeed whatever other shithole you milked for attention before leaking here.

it's pretty good honestly. make sure you embrace the autism

The formulation of this podcast was on Holla Forums and we've had a thread for each show since then, include one where Mark the cakejew showed up and ruined everything.

don't just have nothing in the background like you have been, put random vidya gaymes in the background

like dorf forts

I only listened to the first two, and I don't know how many you've made, but one thing that really bugged me was the autistic determination to plow through whatever list of topics you were working off of. It seemed like the instant people started to really get into to anything beyond the same bog standard stuff that can be found on Holla Forums every single day, it was "we need to move on." It really reeked of actual, literal autism, in terms of being unable to know when a topic was petering out naturally.
Other people might disagree, and for what it's worth, I'll probably never listen to another one to know whether you take this feedback or not, but there it is.

Let's compromise: when you fuck off you can take the fat kike with you.

I was gonna just say stop, but that works too.

yeah you're not having fun, you want to be e-celebs and use Holla Forums as a stepping stone to reach the goal of jewtube monetization.

see for /thread

That's not entirely true, you can also like anime girls in a romantic way too and not be gay.

Step 1: Don't worry about Holla Forums's opinion of your podcast
Step 2: Do what you want

Never let your audience dictate who you are, cause everyone gets something different out of it. Just stay as a group of guys who happen to browse Holla Forums, not be the "Holla Forums-cast". These are the most important things, I feel. You're much more respectful if you present yourself rather than try to tailor yourself to a varied audience.

If there's anyway to more clearly show whoever's talking at the moment, that'd be nice, but I might just be blind cause I was watching without my glasses on

this is probably the best idea here. If we have to choose between you and vidya, what are you giving us that vidya isn't?
Go find stuff we'd have to spend time searching for and then pill all the newfags. Or if there's a series that came out here recently for the first time but used to be nip exclusive go find stuff on the other titles. Lotta stuff that could be done. (or if you find someone else already did something, they're probably normalfag as fuck so give it a new perspective)

:/

Go shill your faggotry somewhere else, nigger.

/thread

Lazy Game Reviews does this fairly well.
He's much more worthy of attention than the pusillanimous faggots who created this thread.

Kill yourself.

Can you let my wife's son join you in order to subvert everything you're doing?

Link your podcast I'll watch it

Already linked. Read the thread.

Eat shit and die

Holy fuck you guys are more obnoxious than internet aristocrat and mundane matt some of you sound like you have phlegm in your throat perpetually also you guys constantly curse its fucking retarded XDDDD WHAT THE FUK ARE YOU PLAYING XDDDD I SAID FUCK FUCK YOU OP FUCK YOU FUCK YOU YOU DUMB NIGGER KIKE

You could start by leaving the dead in peace from your faggotry

Fuck those cucks. That shit proved that they don't know what makes a good game.

this

Thats Vapors fault, we mostly don't swear much.

Stop reminding me man ;_;

I think your confused user. LGR is one guy and he reviews old computer games and hardware.

There's a Holla Forums podcast? I'm up for that shit. I have never listened to a video game podcast, but will have comments tomorrow after I listen.

You stop reminding me

Why not have a segment where Holla Forums can give voice to their opinions anonymously? So we either get ebin mey meys or something genuinely insightful.

We typically read the thread while the show is running. We haven't yet figured out a good way to do the stream and let random anons join in, because we're using youtube and google hangouts.

Either shitpost more or less. I haven't even listened to it but one of the two are usually the problem. Occasionally both.

It's that time again.

youtu.be/QfWDDsNy1yk

Maybe just:
KEEL-FUCKING-HAUL YOURSELF.
For starters.

Next would be to get enough life experience, or just enough fun stories, to make a good podcast. All of above solutions take a lot of time, so come back in a decade or so.
Recommend keelhauling yourself, it fixes everything.

Sellouts and/or people making private jokes, also people who act like if they were close to their viewers but in reality they don't give a shit about them.
I used to listen to TotalAssCancer and his sellout friends but since he has been slowly losing his mind, I don't listen to vidya podcast anymore. The only guy I like to listen to when I play vidya is the canadian guy with his prostate issues Brote
I think I listened to one of your shows. It was bad. Don't speak over someone else when all of you have shitty mics and/or connection.
Do you really need to do a livestream? Can't you just record your discussion, edit and upload it on jewtube?