Wintans

I guess i will just dual boot it with mint cinnamon
any of you anons allowed a yandere inside the house? send help

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lRvZipcnkQ4
8ch.net/tech/w7tele.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd tell you to just go Linux entirely but if it's a newer laptop it will probably have shit compatibility, enjoy using wangblows.

i will

Why the fuck did you buy Kaby Lake? There's no support for Windows 7 and minimal support on new laptops for Linux. Should have gotten a 6700k instead.

I didn't even see that it was 1050 based. You should have waited and gotten a 1060 based card, it would perform much better.

A little late now, I suppose.

yeah, now i know, didnt find any laptop with that cpu and the 1060 would be way to expensive to find and buy.

how long until the entire world is forced to use windows 10

Really, I would have said get a desktop, but I guess that's not possible for some people thanks to size.

i dont think Rise will force you to use windows 10 right?

What a lying whore, everybody knows her backdoor is wide open.

Why do I find Yandere Win10-tan amusing?

Ryzen isn't restricted to Windows 10, there's some some power saving feature or something that doesn't work on earlier versions of Windows.

Better than nothing.

Pick one.

Ryzen will be getting zero optimization for Windows versions that aren't Windows 10. All the fancy features wont work either. So basically you're forced to use Windows 10 or you've got a gimped CPU.

user it's a CPU you cannot "optimize it", it doesn't have drivers for the most part because the OS itself is the driver. The parts that do have drivers are not super important features you absolutely need.

uhhh, which laptop is good one that works win7

Ok mister Intel Goldburg.

None.

Laptops suck, don't even bother.

just get windows 8.1, it's windows 10 without all the garbage

can you like emulate and do stupid shit in SDK?

the only good windows got shut down, shit, now what?

You done fucking goofed, you could have gotten a bitching AMD laptop

I know Intel is full of jews but theres no reason to tell lies user.

The CPU will still work, but it won't get microcode optimizations for Win7 like it does for Win10.

Used Thinkpads run Win7 pretty well, as well as Linux. Hang yourself if you're looking for a gaming laptop.

If i keep waiting for the next big thing i will never buy anything.

The thing is that it doesnt let me install intel drivers and because I cant update it, the nvidia drivers wont install either, I just gave up at that point.

I spent too much money for a guy to try to install Win7 on my newer laptop to get rid the Yandere. I settled for Win8.1 instead. I barely use my laptop anyway… I'm going to upgrade my desktop GPU to a GTX 1060 soon which I think is it's cap.

My local electronics (tv/radio/computer) store has no desktops… only laptops.
*sad*

This is a troll thread you idiots

lmao what a gay

My work PC has win10 on it. It's annoying as shit.

INSTALL LINUX
Not even memeing here, it's a hell of a lot better than Windows. Sure, sure nogaems, but you can just use your existing partition every so often.

linuxfag please go

even though linux is a meme, it's a pretty good meme, i just install some packages and it just works.

It's a work PC. It doesn't belong to me. I can't change the OS.

My home PC has 7 and Mint, and my personal laptop uses Mint as well.

Its terrifyingly accurate to the actual Windows 10, especially the whole campaign MS had in 2015 or last year I think where they were desperate to force users to upgrade at any chance they could. And I hear even if you have Windows 10 you're pretty much trapped with her since apparently its a bitch to get rid of.

How? Just wipe the hard drive and its gone.

Win10 is voiced by Ai Nanoka… the yandere!
youtube.com/watch?v=lRvZipcnkQ4

Older OSs will lack features any new CPU could take advantage of. The AMD fanboys will shriek at this but it's an undeniable fact about any new hardware and unsupported OSs.
And I hate W10 and Intel so you can fuck right off with the shill shit.

There is always a way, faggot.

The best part is uninstalling skype and other garbage MS tossed in with W10 can corrupt the database file associated with the start menu, causing it to crash whenever you mess with the tiles. This is a known issue MS wont fix because they want you to keep skype and candy crush on your PC. I can't wait until the tech industry stops trying to make EVERYTHING like a fucking iPhone. Nothing gets better, it just gets gimped and dumbed down so bimbos and niggers can pretend they know what they're doing.

WEW

yep its fucked, I did a test of transferring stuff from win7 to a win10 machine and the start bar and tiles got deleted

specifically the old workhorse T420. Built by Lenovo off an IBM design, before Lenovo started designing the new plastic toy shit they sell now. Less than $200, runs old games well enough (the only games worth playing on a laptop, anyway), and great to do work on.

Install win 8.1 OP

Fucking hell, I could possibly, possibly forgive NSA dickings if it at least had the same interface as Windows 7.

today i will waste all my time installing win10.
what do you faggots recommend to make her look like win7 and stop her from calling her dad?

in my laptop, the UEFI or what ever that shit is called still wants to boot up windows 10.

Bleach, a gun, or rope.

This isn't vidya and HP laptops are shit. End your fucking life, OP

Install TempleOS, God's chosen OS.

I worked on a laptop that had some shit called "secureboot", and it was designed to only let CERTIFIED WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEMS boot on the machine. Microsoft pushed an update to windows 7 machines that made it no longer appear as a certified windows operating system and suddenly nobody could boot up thanks to the secureboot shit. The laptop I worked on has this fucking horrendous UI, and the only way to get anything to boot properly is to figure out the UEFI path needed to boot from the drive. I never would have figured that out, and I don't know how ANYONE figured it out, I had to look up online where the fucking UEFI boot path should be specifically for that system.

More.

Everyone going on about Linux, isn't it a fact that majority of games don't run on it? I've never seen the point of having Linux if you play vidya a lot.

My hard drive on the laptop started failing, and I wasn't able to do a full backup image of my current files/OS, so I decided to try Win 10. For speed and shit it worked nicely, like a fresher Win 7, but no matter what I tried I couldn't get any game to work properly. From Witcher 3 to shit like Volgarr the Viking, it would run at 20-40 fps max and have crazy issues. No game would reach a stable framerate even with all settings beign tinkered with and drivers odl and new tried. SO I went back to Win 7, and lo behold it worked like complete shit with my laptop. Got a copy of Win 8.1 off someone and got it back in, and now it works perfectly again. Weird world, but Win 10 is definitely not impossible to get rid of.

GNU/Linux is great if youre a nerd that likes to autisically customize your OS, write/compile programs, and shit like that. A lot of games are windows only, but many games (especially old ones) work under WINE. Furthermore, 90% of emulators are libre, so emulation isnt a problem. Not to mention libre projects like OpenRA, OpenMW, etc. which replace the engine with a free and better one.
I almost exclusively play old PC games and emulate regardless, so I have no problem with GNU/Linux. If you only play shitty games made after 2012, then yeah, you'll have a hard time, but ISHYGDDT

Well I mostly fall into the same category as you, but I do play some newer releases and a lot of indie pixelshit and roguelikelite shit like enter the gungeon. I'm guessing a dual boot of Linux and some Win OS is quite manageable?

I dual-boot Linux Mint and Windows 7. It's served me well for years. I haven't booted into Windows in months.

I'll definitely consider it when buying my next rig. Thanks m8

Daily reminder that if you run Win10 you are a gigantic retard and are no better than someone using a Mac.

did you even try to install the Intel Chipset package from Intel's website? or try their update utility?

I just re-installed Win7 and had to jump through a much of driver hoops just to get the OS installed on a M.2 SSD

ltsb

ps) you're lucky you bought one with both Intel HD graphics AND the discrete mobile Geforce. so in that case you can just install *NIX and use KVM + QEMU to setup PCIe passthrough for a Win7 virtual machine.

How would linux work with AMD CPU and an AMD graphics card? FX8350 and R9 390?

i doesnt let me install the intel chipset package, because i dont have the minimal required (windows 10)

Does anyone have the Arch - GNU/linux for pedos pic? pls gibe

Shit man, I'm sorry then.

The actual reason is because their "coders" don't actually code. They just pull from a database of existing code and piece together an OS that way. Of course 10 breaks when you fuck with the start menu, the pajeets that actually do the coding didn't account for that basic caveat and the DC offices are full of leftycucks that huff their own farts.

and vista?

Oh shit nigger what are you doing

At least post lesbians that aren't bottom of the barrel moe bait garbage

Someone should make a chart for who uses which OS. Like that one about the characters in Mario Kart and what people choose which character.

replacing my old laptop

There's the Dramatica article.

I need to play some SNES and N64.

But you can emulate those on Linux. :^)

That's what I was talking about u nerd.

i habe brought dishonoru upon my famiry
purease to sudoku now

here's what you do

go to your favorite piracy place and download Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB x64 v14393 [Generation2], write it to a flash drive using rufus, then install the pre-activated version

this is the LTSB version that does not have cortana, does not have the windows store, and does not support modern UI apps at all.

then use one of the myriad cleanup guides to use policy editor to disable automatic updates, windows defender, and the telemetry bullshit.

congratulations, you now have Windows 10 that acts just like Windows 7.

Why can't you just install 7 instead?

Is there a Windows 8.1 that acts like Windows 7? I wouldn't want to use Windows 8.1 but the computer I'm trying to work with doesn't have drivers compatible with Windows 7.

No drivers for new hardware. Also no support for WDDM 2.0, DirectX 12, etc. Windows 10 is also just better, believe it or not. It's faster, it uses less memory, and it uses much less disk space. It has native support for IPv6, etc etc. Just use it.

No. Why would you want Windows 10 Beta?

Because the computer was made for Windows 8.

So use Windows 10. I refer to Windows 8 as "Windows 10 Beta."

I feel like I'm getting shilled to.

yes, the person advising you to pirate windows 10 is shilling. ????

Okay, I guess you're right.

No, but I have this

Thanks for the tips, user.

Everyone I've talked to has said that "Windows Defender in Win10 is great, you don't need any other virus safety programs".

I've tried to ask them as to why Win Defender would suddenly now be good and not complete shit like previously, and they just say "It's much better than the old ones" but never explain how or why.

Would you rely only on Win Defender and maybe malwarebytes for Win 10?

Might as well go full Microsoft, then.

Use linux, faggot.

I’d just like to interject for moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

>>>Holla Forums

How about Linux ?

After i LOBOTOMIZED WINDOWS 10 from all the crap, it works pretty well thou

Thinkpad X220 (With Manjaro LXQt) owner here.
Thinkpads are god-tier for work and old games. Better to get a proper PC for gaming (or maybe a eGPU if you've got a decent CPU). Gaming laptops can be good, but are no worth the HUGE investment.

It's not that complicated really.
A motherboard's UEFI is actually addressable and reachable. All it takes is someone to dump it and find the data. Assuming it's not hardcoded because that means using a decompiler and looking through broken assembly.

AMD committed quite a bit of code for Zen to the kernel in 2016. It should already be well supported.

There will be some point in the future where I have to install linux but that might take a decade or two.

Good.

their newest architecture slightly beats out intel's latest performance-wise at less than half the price and without any of the bullshit "W10 ONRY" restrictions

You could dual boot it with win7 and get used to it

it wanted the disk path of the UEFI bootloader, which was completely alien to me at the time since I'm used to just being able to boot whatever I want and not have to do a fucking lookup on "how2bootlinux on X laptop"
funny part was that the bios could DETECT uefi bootloaders but only for windows installs

lol smh tbh fam

Oh wow, I sure do need drivers for my fucking CPU.
What the fuck is that?
Can't wait to play the 3 games that use it.
YYOU BETTER FUCKING INSTALL WINDOWS 10 NOW GOY.
Fuck off, shill

Plenty of old games for it, and Wine does fine for anything pre-2013.

using win7? remember she has a strict diet
8ch.net/tech/w7tele.html

top pleb

oh shit, and i also forgot to mention the simple compatibility with eGPUs that laptops have if an Expresscard/mSata/PCI-E/Thunderbolt slot is available

and business laptops can be improved with laughable ease

But that is not the missionary position!

That piece of shit will fry within three years, fucking kill yourself.

yeah been reading about Kabylake CPUs they just plain don't support Win7. you should still be able to do the *NIX native install using the Intel HD 630, and then setup PCIe passthrough with KVM (kernel module) + QEMU then install Win7 as a VM that uses the 1050.

should work great, but i know less about current state of AMD GPU drivers. if you're looking to do the PCIe passthrough i am also not sure what AMD calls their hardware virtualization featuers (eg, for intel it's vt-x and vt-d), but you might look for features that reference IOMMU

cry moar dirtball. i have a 7 year old core 2 HP pavilion 17" w/blu-ray for my HTPC. i keep my house clean and free of niggers and other gross animals. my newest is a 4 yeard old i7 HP pavilion 17" w/blu-ray

HP is known to have cooling issues, it has nothing to do with cleanliness. Some models were so bad that people were getting burned where the heatsink was in the laptop, a few cases where the plastic actually started to fucking melt on them. HP does not understand how to design with air-flow in mind.

Is there a Stallman-tan?

No, but there is a bateman for those ID numbers

How? I thought Kaby Lake didn't support Win7

Good job fitting in there.

He was talking about his, obviously.

You made a mistake.

Also, never use Windows 10. No matter what. For every imaginable reason.

Hell, even Linux is an objectively better choice for games. It's not like games work on Windows 10 anyway.

There are no Windows 10 exclusives that are worthwhile.

Forget about exclusives… do older games even run on 10?

Even just buying a PS4 is a considerably better choice than using Windows 10. Linux with Wine and VirtualBox let you at least play some cool stuff.

And why would anyone want a laptop for games? Why not a desktop?

Either I'm getting old or shit just doesn't make sense anymore. I still use Windows 7 and I emulate mostly XP for older PC games. My PCs are all new, because both my old desktop and my laptop died recently after 10 years of service.

If you check the PCGamingWiki or Steam discussions/reviews of games a few years old or more, they're usually full of Redditors having problems with Windows 10.

What is wrong with HP?

I have bought 3 HP laptops, one overheats if you play vidya, so you need a fan to blow air, the other its a personal heater, so you need a fan in summer and its battery died a few months ago, and the third one hasnt develop any pearks yet. Bought them using 30% off coupons.
A side from that they manage to survive until now.

L O L

O

L
before you fags jump on my case, I know you can easily disable this shit, but still

Its not even set that way be default anyhow unless you're using a weird OEM version. Why the shitposting user?

It will be in the upcoming creator's update in April

I thought it was for the cloud-only edition?

This is a free version of W10 that they'll be distributing for retards.

The actual retail version of W10 won't have anything like that.

Just get some shitty driver scanner or something.
Most of the time your laptop just has a bunch of older parts. You probably won't need anything other than an Intel or Qualcomm Wireless driver, a Realtek audio driver and whatever it is they call the Nvidia driver for your GPU.
Like Lenovo for example, I suspect they've been using the same Realtek audio interface in their laptops since 2000.

Even so you're still stuck using an OS that has an unacceptably high likelihood of killing your audio devices.

I would discourage everyone from using win10 enterprise or any other version of win10 unless it can be conclusively confirmed this issue no longer exists.

Sauce? Not that I don't believe you, Windows 10 almost burned my GPU once

show me a piece of consumer hardware right now that NEEDS w10 to work. i'm not talking about some four thousand dollar processor prototype or some retarded videocard, i'm talking consumer-end shit
what
there is one and only one reason that Vulkan has been picking up speed lately: literally fucking nobody wants to use dx12 and if/when microsoft makes that the "industry standard" even retarded companies like ubisoft and EA know that if the games they make are DX12 exclusive nobody will fuckin buy them
nigger you can go and buy a 3 terabyte hard drive for like a hundred bucks nowadays
again, you can buy RAM like it's going out of style
yes finally a point that makes sense you have no idea how badly i want a 128 bit IP address instead of my shitty old 32 bit one that has worked for literally thirty five fucking years and gave me a greater degree of anonymity

Happened to myself, twice. If you jewgle it you'll find a ton of people with laptops who have identical problems.

I have Win7 on both of my computers. Fuck Win10. FUCK IT

I think vulkan is really going to kill directx. The catch with opengl not picking up support is that it's harder to program for, microsoft's support is excellent and once that ball started rolling amd/nvidia driver teams didn't get as much feedback for the opengl drivers as they did for the directx ones so while opengl has always worked much better than directx the performance differences got muddied and the drivers were buggier. d3d12 and vulkan are for the most part actual copypastes of mantle, heavily similar, heavily different from previous apis and lots of people who have interest on graphics apis (game devs, manufacturers) actually have a say in things whereas with direct3d they're left at microsoft's mercy.

Arch is the best Linux you dummy.

>>>/facebook/

The world would be a much nicer place with only whites and asians.

it would be better with only jews