Xseed Ask me Anything

Xseed is having an AMA over on GOG with Tom if you're interested.
gog.com/forum/general/xseed_interview_bringing_japanese_games_to_the_west_fb8fd/page4

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.today/SZovM
archive.today/IBCfk
archive.today/epYIQ
archive.today/f0doc
archive.is/A9x1w
archive.is/K0yGj
archive.is/G1W5h
archive.is/Zu8dp
archive.is/Y2Oci
archive.is/80AFg
archive.is/4ARfd
archive.is/EVefo
archive.is/1ZTOf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tom is a nice guy but he can't answer anything of true value, only Ken could and he won't.

you mean "q&a" or "interview"? because only redditfags call it "ama"

We've had them before newfag

What, you mean shit like that Egorapter "ama" or the one about that shitty Q&A, or the anonymous SEGA employee that claimed Sonic was getting a reboot with all the characters except the most popular ones like shadow getting cut years before boom happened?

*indie game
Fucking autocorrect, I don't even know how you get Q/A from indie.

So do they explain why Falcom cucked them by handing Ys 8 over to Nisa?

We already know why. Falcom wanted the games out faster.

We'll just have to show them we'd prefer BETTER rather than faster.

how new are you?

The term "AMA" was around before reddit even existed.

Mark Kern
archive.today/SZovM
archive.today/IBCfk

Doug TenNapel
archive.today/epYIQ
archive.today/f0doc

Hatred
archive.is/A9x1w
archive.is/K0yGj

HuniePop
archive.is/G1W5h
archive.is/Zu8dp

LISA dev
archive.is/Y2Oci
archive.is/80AFg

Denis Dyack
archive.is/4ARfd

American Mcgee
archive.is/EVefo

Be careful what you meme it could easily happen.

Dont play with fire user.

dont worry, noone got any dubs

fuck you

reasonable, guess I know what to import next

You can catch Tom near-weekly at the XSEED forums, tho.

I already did, 15 years ago.

Will take jap audio over xseed's translation. YS games are for children so there is not much to be censored.

I've heard that Ys VIII has a MUCH bigger script than most Ys games have, so there's more to be worried about.

I can confirm, Ys VIII is called "Trails of Ys" and pic related was made, for a reason. It's got a pretty fucking large script.

Yeah I beat it. It's loaded with shitty plot. I don't care about Dana being Lightning from Falcom or the stupid pages and pages of text boxes for the other people you can "date" in the game.

It doesn't fucking matter whether or not the plot is great, games shouldn't be censored and filled with memes in the first place.

Does anyone know if Little Kings Story is their first Wii-to-PC game? I'm actually interested in the workarounds they had to do in order to make it function, apparently it was a buggy POS on release but it picked up quite a bit in quality with the patch this month
On that note anyone have a torrent link for the GOG version of the game?

Wasn't it due to Durante helping them out? And yes, to my knowledge, it was their first Wii-to-PC game.

Didn't really say anything of interest it seems.

have they ever?

What will actually happen

see

Tales is an old series as is Ys (thought not as much). They both have good music and mix a JRPG and action setting. They will attract the same people and I bet that the same people back in the day bought from both franchises and it's nothing new. I know I sure did.

Well the bad reviews already happened with one of the other Ys games from I think PCGamer.

Oh yeah, forgot about American coming.
That man has such a shitty life. Thank god he has video games.

Which one did they say was bad? If it was origins I'll ddos them now that cloudflare has an exploit.

archive.is/1ZTOf
There was also an image floating around that exposed the reviewer as being bad at games.

I can't see that because archive banned my vpn. Can you screencap a juicy part plz?

I remember that, it was Oath in Felghana. The reviewer couldn't find the gem to power up the fireball spell and got bodied, then he got the "consult an FAQ already" achievement and got triggered.

It makes me wonder how bad people are at vidya if Nightmare difficulty is considered the norm by most of the people here.
I mean I can't really imagine how pathetic some of the bosses would be on the easier difficulties.

I don't even remember what difficulty I played on. Usually when I'm given the choice, I'll ask which one I think I can handle and then go one up from that. Most reviewers just have no business being reviewers because they are almost universally bad at actual video games. Kotaku getting stuck at Blade Wolf, IGN's God Hand review, this Ys review, everything Polygon tries to play, etc.

While OiF isn't the best Ys game it's not anywhere near the worst in the series or worst in the hack and slash genre. It got tons of things right and should be held in high regard. This guy doesn't know anything. :/

If it was O I would have been forced to play my hand though.

You don't need to jack up the difficulty to see how good OiF is, even compared to 6. It has a lot of good design points and the updated version looks and plays great.

:^)
Cry harder.

Pathetic, right? I got it eventually, too. Against Death Falcon.

Believe me you or not in the majority user. People are BAD at games, like really fucking bad.
Think of a game you like then go to the Steam forum for it (if it has one or look up a gameplay video) I can almost guarantee there will be posts of people saying they're stuck at parts you thought were easy as shit. People who will drop games because they're too retarded to figure out how to play properly. People who love games you hate because they're a dumbed down insultingly easy piece of shit that requires no skill or thinking.

Streaming services have really driven this point home for me. I used to think I was average at best at games. I've now seen the actual average and feel much, much more confident in my gaming skills now.

Same. I'm probably pretty bad by Holla Forums standards but damn, these people make me feel good about myself.

I'm curious though, how are Ys 7, Celeceta and Lacrimosa compared to OiF, Ark or Origin?

Worse. They're playable but not nearly as cleverly designed. Ys games historically actually have been hit and miss but we in the US were blessed by 3 amazing games so we thought they all were good.

Oh wait I&II was also released around the same time so we got nearly all the good games at once. You see, 4 and 5 and the original 3 are pretty shitty. Dawn of Ys was fun though if you want a good version of 4 to play. But like half of Ys has been shit so it's only natural a few more games are meh until we get back to a good formula.

I don't go to reddit since they went radical on CP and I call it AMA too.

God help us all if Ys ever becomes the next Dark Souls.

Which is probably what Falcom wants to happen and why they gave the rights to Nisa.

Well Falcom clearly wants the LoH's to become the next Persona

Why are you thieves such collosal faggots you steal from the Ys fanbase?

I don't believe Tom at all, I think he's full of shit. Especially when you have EDF 4.1 published by two different companies and the PC version published by D3 themselves is dual audio, but Xseed's version is forced English dub only.

They ruined Sonic the moment they tried to give him character. Some characters should just be a colorful sprite and nothing more, and this is a great example of how something great can become a decrepit empire of shit.

Fuckoff IGN

The way it's going Ys will be like Musou and Legend of Heroes will be like Persona. It don't know why but they seem to want to appeal to a much wider audience so they're making worse games and throwing the charm out for more yennies.

What the fuck, they were supposed to go bankrupt years ago. Why are they still here?

How wrong can one man be, the current Tales fanbase is almost entirely comprised of entry level weebs and the same kind of autistic teenagers who like Kingdom Hearts.

NISA has been propped up by mindless fanboys for years, much like Capcom and Nintendo. "Gamers" are the most braindead consumers of any industry, so competition is reduced to a race to the bottom.

Do i need to remind you about the Marvel "cinematic universe"?

It's time to be realistic that good translations will probably never be a thing again and you can learn Japanese

I'm drawing a blank on this level of bullshit in film. When I go to a movie, I don't pay admission price for half a movie and then get told the rest of the movie is in three parts with each part costing half the original admission price. I don't have a daily mileage allotment from Mazda on top of gas costs. Other industries have their shitty practices, but it feels like none of them get away with half as much bullshit as video games, and like the other user said, it's the average gamer's fault they get away with it.