Nioh thread #5 Gold Armor Edition

๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น
What'cha grinding on Holla Forums? How's that kawari kubuto collecting going?

New quality of life patch incoming.
gamecity.ne.jp/nioh/update.html

Link to previous thread:

๐Ÿ‘บ

Other urls found in this thread:

media.8ch.net/file_store/2f2b05b54f9a325139e1a3b5904b5331856c20c7db75409e490bb47b02540fc3.mp4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fairly sure tengu aren't goblins though.

How do you do emojis again?
:stopnewfag:

Just copy and paste them is what I do.

Beat the final boss last night. Is there any guides about gearing up and how divine stuff works?

I told you he was Trump

Seriously though gold armor is gay as hell.

Fighting revenants is one of the best ways to get divine gear. You can also deconstruct divine equipment for divine fragments to craft your own gear.

It could be far, far worse.

Okay, is that a Venom Snake made of solid gold or a Venom Snake who spray painted himself gold and probably huffed some of it?

So this is Japan's answer to Dark Soulsโ€ฆ

This has to be bait.

The update just dropped. The gold armor has a money earned bonus on every piece. You get the smithing text too.

It's the same post every thread.

I hope this armor is also a smithing text because it will be useless for those of us that are being showered by divine gear by beating revenants.

If you read the description for that raven tengu tokku thing they drop one that decreases wind and fall damage taken it says they're goblins that are pretending to be tengu I think.

There's basically 4 steps to gearing up. First, decide what kind of armor you want, and farm a base divine set of it. If your desired armor or weapon usually comes with less than max ability slots kusarigama users face this situation on pretty much every weapon, then you need to farm a piece of it without an inheritable ability. You can soul match a new inheritable onto your piece of gear, and it will have more abilities than other versions of that variant.

Second, you want to get the right abilities onto your gear. This step can take place at the same time as the next one, but it is easier to do and provides a bigger powerup. For your weapon you'll want Change to attack your main stat (A- at 0 familiarity) and probably Familiarity damage bonus (A-) which gives 15% damage at max familiarity. Agility damage bonus gives the same amount when under 30% weight, but you've got more armor flexibility with familiarity and I hear that your ranged weapons agility damage bonus may count for your sword. For armor it's pretty obvious what to go with on each piece, but it's not so obvious what should be in the inheritable slot. You can put +attack in every slot for an extra 150ish damage or run speed which affects walking around rather than dashing.

Part three, you need to get your gear +10ed. You should work on farming the last missions in ng+ for this the ones where you fight two bosses. You can level your gear up to like +5/6 to make this easier, but these missions give out +3, 4, 5, and 6 gear. If you try getting +10 everything from forging a bunch of +1s together, then you are going to go bankrupt really fast. Once you're pushing for +10 sell or decomp for divine fragments to help reroll stats from part 2 anything +3 or below. There's a discount for soulmatching within a category, and this means you should mostly stick to soulmatching items from the same category. If you want to use +s from one category on a different one, then forge all of the items in the category into one high + level and then combine it. It's far cheaper to incur the extra fee one time by matching a +9 sword and +9 spear than it would be to just match items regardless of type.

Fourth, this one may have been patched out at this point, but the patch notes read like it might still be a thing. Forge a shit ton of weapons it used to be save scummable to an extent and hope one comes out of the smith as a critical success. If you'd finished the queen's eye in NG+, then the weapon would be level 320. Make sure all other steps are done then match your +10 with nice rolls to the 320 using the 320 as the material. Prices go up a lot for soulmatching and reforging once you're here so you really do want to do everything else first.

Farming revenants can help find the base gear to upgrade, nice inheritable stats to transfer onto your gear, and the money/mats to do everything. However, they aren't a source of endgame gear, and you'll need to do a good bit of pve to get that.

so the 1.05 update was just that? the new armor?

I haven't even played the game I just remembered that song

It requires kappa shells to make. I kinda like it.

No there were some ease of use UI changes and and now more than just elixirs get sent to the storehouse when you find extras. Also I think the save glitch has been fixed.

i cant think of kappas without remembering yoshihiko's episode

Just got the game yesterday and have been a slowpoke, haven't finished the first main mission yet because I like to screw around until I feel competent. Anyone easel really impressed with the map design? Sure it doesn't have an interesting aesthetic but I love the fact that their are shortcuts everywhere. I would love to see this formula iterated further.

remember to always carry plenty of ๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’ when swimming in Japan user.

By the way, the Gold Nioh is a golden version of the Nioh Incarnate armor that came as a pre-order bonus for the more expensive version.

I like the level design a lot too, the ninja mansion (with the Giant Toad at the end) particularly impressed me.

jesus christ this red oni li faggot is fucking invincible

So people who didnt buy the bundle arent really missing out?

Somebody haven't fought Shima sakon yet.

i kinda defeated him 5 minutes after making the post by abusing a trick with the kusarigama heavy stance strong attack pulls him to you and inmobilizes him for about 2 seconds, then you do a quick combo, retreat, and repeat

I fought him using a katana, he beat me like a rented mule.

Just cheese him with the staircase.
Get into a position where you can do a plunging attack and get back up the steps quick enough to do it on repeat until the problem is dead.
It isn't cheating; they made it this way.

i notice every revenant i fight uses katanas and heavy armor. whats with that?

That's probably just because katanas are just the most popular weapon type amongst the playerbase, same with the Warrior of the West and Red Demon armour sets.

Spears and axes a best

Must be based on the player style and stats.Lots of people tend to use katanas.

no thanks

How to get Nue claws without farming Nues?

I don't know, Super Satan. Please don't take my soul.

You took cat bro from me, now I take your life as payment.

Well there were also a few weapons and Nioh Incarnate has a set bonus, but it's nothing really special. Personally I think the Gold Nioh looks better.
Of course it also had the Sanada Crimson armor too, but considering the end of the game I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a hold of that set in one of the upcoming updates.

So I took your advice and picked it up Holla Forums. Fuck, I haven't played a game this good in a long time. I suck a massive dong at the boss fights still, but may go back and give Bloodbourne another shot.

Any tips for kurisagama? Working on getting Sloth, but haven't decided on a build yet. Just got to Rue.

I've seen a few bros wearing kodama bowls.

Forgot to ask, did I fuck up by leveling to 23 already going into Rue, or does it not matter?

You can buy this thingy that allows you to completely respec yourself, so no, I don't think so. If you're asking about overlevelling, no I don't think that matters, except when it comes to revenant farming, and you're far behind in the game to worry about that.

He's a big ninja.

amazing maymay my fellow redditor

Do you mean Nue?

Learn the skills.
High stance > sickle throw > leg sweep > stomp for humans/revenants
Low stance with high attack and Reaperman for youkai. Throw the weight at things that are too nasty to tackle up close.
A paralysis status kama is ideal. Or lightning elemented. Or pair with Spiderbro.
And remeber you have a buff move with the kama too.

For you.

Thanks a ton user.

I remember having to kill that guy 100 times to get his fucking smithing text, it was awfulgit gud user

Leg sweep and the high stance weight throw are both really good for humanoid enemies (and especially if you're looking to farm revenants). Reaper's good to have, I find it's most useful when used against yokai and bigger bosses that have run out of ki. Use mid stance when the enemy's relatively far away, either low or high stance otherwise (the latter two are very good for inflicting status effects on enemies with, if your kusarigama has elemental damage on it).

i have never gotten a single smithing text as a drop from any enemy.

i get them as quest rewards sure, but i didnt even know they could drop from people. either way, i'll level up, get a better kusarigama, and keep killing him the way i've been killing it.

also seriously? RNG drops in a singleplayer game? for shame and people bitch about RNG drops in let it die

Yup seems like you can get smithing text for all the human npc enemies/bosses. They're rare too, even with high luck they're still a pain in the ass to farm.

Phew.

Nue? Whatever the picadog is. Top tips, I've been sitting on a bunch of points, I'll put em in to those thanks.

Probably should've picked a better starting weapon, but always thought kurisagama were cool as fuck as a kid and the animations are great.

What's your second weapon?

Dual swords. The hibachi spinning charge shit is pretty useful to cheese as I git gud.

Question: on the sub-mission that ends with the raven tengu fight where the Umi boss was, is it not really supposed to be a fight?

I hit that bird nigga twice and he just flew off into the horizon. Then suddenly MISSION COMPLETE.

I don't feel like doing it again because holy fuck this game is starting to feel repetitive.

You get the Elephant Trunk Kabuto from that revenant, if you fight him in Three Gods mission.

i just did a "whistle" emote in front of a walleyes, it made a peace reverence and teleported away.

pretty nice guy that wallman.

The tengu probably missed his landing and drowned.

In that case you might want to avoid the side missions.

Are you working on a ninja build?

i was gonna ask for help killing a Nue (not the first one, the one that appears in Mt Hiei) but looks like the free ps+ week is over. too bad.

You don't actually have to kill that one if you don't want to.

but i do want to.

should i just skip it?

Unless you are just testing or practicing you skills or are farming for Nue claws I personally wouldn't worry about it. It's a bigger pain in the ass than the actual boss is. If you do decide to fight it try to clear out the surrounding enemies in case you need to make an escape and take a dip in the hot spring first. And shatter that big crystal first and do it quickly.

they must really like this guy since he shows up in like 10 different missions

You guys should take some in-action screenshots of limbs flying through the air.
It's difficult to do.
Makes for a great screenshot though.

He's just gay for you.

I like him too but I kind of wish that the little oni weren't common enemies. It makes them less "special".

I like the battle where this guy shows up to help you fight him.

Damn right. I've died more to falling off dumb shit than the enemies. I'm glad the dummy drowned.

1. DON'T GET SLOTH. IT'S COOL FOR A SECOND BUT IT'S A CRUTCH AND YOU'LL RUIN YOUR FUN
2. High stance is terrifying on Kusarigama. Your R1 combo will eat through any guard and decimate HP and Ki. Don't try to trade with it though unless you're running heavy armor.
3. Medium stance is for crowd control. The R1 combo is slow but has a wide area of effect with NO DEFLECTIONs on the environment this is why Kusarigama is OP
4. Low stance is excellent for getting safe damage of bosses. I would honestly say you should be in low stance every moment you can unless you know you can get high stance hits in safely.
5. The skill "Reaper" is horrific. It's the highest DPS skill in the game. Reaper is a bit hard to pull off but it is damn rewarding.
Overall Kusarigama are the strongest class of weapons in the game as their raw DPS can carry you through pretty much everything.

Pardon me, would "R1 string" be more appropriate? I hate people referring to stunlocks and strings as combos but dammit now I'm saying it

Oh wait, I play with a different control schemeโ€ฆ

you attack with square and triangle in this game buddy.

Or you use R1/R2 if you wanted to use shitty 'buttons' for some reason.

you can change the control scheme in nioh? didn't think that was possible

Go through all the options. There are some good ones in there including some new menu options added just today.

can i make L3 the running button WITHOUT also making it the dodge button??

this is very important

NICE
I hope they add an option to automatically pick up consumables but leave weapons/armor on the ground.

There's no reason to not pickup everything. You can just mass sell/decomp for money/mats. If you don't need to upgrade anything right now you can just sit on them until dlc launches.

OK so I beat Kelly and now I see two double-boss side missions that tore me a new asshole and a boat to go back to the England. Is that boat what triggers NG+ or can I go there and do something without triggering NG+ yet?

now to grind the last few blacksmith requests! I'm so close to the plat. I want a reason to play nothing but NieR for the next week (until Zelda hits)

Fucked up that sentence pretty good.

Don't worry about triggering NG+, you can switch between NG and NG+ on the map.

Hmm alright

Who wants to farm out the Double fights on NG+ so I can get some useless gear to +10, or alternatively who wants to farm revenants on bone bridge.
I'm just bored and want to dick around with someone

how do i use summoner's candle? they're always greyed out

you use them to recall your guardian spirit and the amrita it's sitting on.
Basically they let you get all your shit back from death, without having to go touch the grave

wish i had noticed that sooner

RIP a lot of amrita

i just beat japanese KEK

Hit boxes am I right?

the spear drop hitbox is actually around the SPEAR, not the frogs body.

its not a body slam, its a spear slam. once you figure that out and realize that you're better off dodging forward or to the sides than backward, you pretty much have him in the bag. only took me 5 tries. died to pretty stupid shit in the 2nd and the 4th.

also i think i should make another reroll. dual swords are a fucking shitty meme. they suck ass.

What? They easily have one of the best movesets. Watch any No Damage boss fights on Youtube, chances are they'll be using God of Wind because that attack is so good at going through blocks and eating away at the enemy's Ki. Fighting revenants is pretty much a trivial thing with dual katanas.
Then you have Mind's Eye which gives you extra i-frames at the end of your dodge in low stance, plus you get extra attack power after performing that move.
Sign of the Cross comes out faster than Iai Quickdraw (although it tends to do slightly less damage, it's a still a good move), Cherry Blossom is a good ender for heavy stance, and finally Water Sword which is one of my favorite moves to spam while an enemy is out of Ki or staggered.

Is the game worth 80 canadollarydoo? I'm itching for some souls like game.

This reminds me that I'm going to have buy up enough books to that I can test out every weapon with fully learned skill sets just to see which truly is the best. I'd especially like to do this before we get new weapon types.

I am so fucking sorry for you guys. For several reasons. Still you don't have it as bad as Australia.
Have you seen any game play or did you try the demos?

Yeah and I liked it a lot, I just wonder if it is worth the full price, I'm trying to cut back on vidya spending, not that I need the money but for the principle of not being swindled by DLC bait.

You'll have to make that decision for yourself, but as for me I can tell you that I bought it the first day and I don't regret it one bit.

Soulforging seems to make my weapon lose damageโ€ฆ? Can someone explain this shit to me, I'm retarded

Soul matching resets familiarity, so all your weapon's stats will be lower until you get that familiarity back up.

Oh I see. Does it even say anywhere that familiarity increases damage? I thought it just gave you more amrita when you prayed as well as some bonuses when you offered it.

Should I just grab the highest dmg item I can find and soulforge it onto it?

Soul matching takes a weapon, and gives it the level of the ingredient weapon, plus hereditary skills IF the Familiarity is at maximum value. Familiarity also gives your weapon bonus stats the higher it goes (basically the more you use a weapon, the stronger it gets, but only up to the maximum value of familiarity in said weapon.

have you noticed that equipment has levels on it? because i didn't the first time i asked that question that determines how strong they are.

if you take a level 50 weapon with full familiarity, and fuse it with a level 40 weapon, the result will be a level 50 weapon with 0 familiarity, since your familiarity goes back down, so does the damage of the weapon.

if you take a level 50 weapon and use a level 51 weapon as a material, the result will be your 50 weapon becoming level 51 and familiarity going down to 0, so it will lose most of its bonus stats, BUT will be stronger once you max out familiarity again.

truth is you shouldn't really bother with soul matching unless you want to pass an hereditary property into a new item. however if you're going to fuse a level 50 (exotic) weapon using a level 75 rare as a material, then the result will most likely outweigh the loss of familiarity and rip your wallet a new asshole, seriously soul matching gets far too pricey when the level difference between base and material is too high

Weapons have a familiarity value. Using them increases it. Weapon stats, including attack damage, scale with it slightly.
Soulforging an item resets that bar. If the level difference is small, you might end up with less damage than before, as base damage is dependant on level and weapon class, not rarity.

do book of reincarnations include reallocating your samurai/ninjutsu/magic points? i think i'm gonna go for platinum in this game and it would be quicker to just respec my 1kat/kusari guy into other weapons

Maybe its just me who's used to ds, and I'm early in the game still, but my damage feels real' lackluster with the raikiri. Five-six swings to deal with low-lvl regular trash, and that's with most of my points in heart. Does it get better, or should I just respec to kusarigama right away?

Yes, you reallocate everything

thanks m8, now i can try out mid/heavy armors too

If you go for Heavy armor, do axes. Axes Sinergyze amazingly well with going heavy since you will be able to poise tank through pretty much everything they throw at you

yeah, they reset all of your points, including those you obtained through hairlocks, and you get all of your amrita back to relevel.

i main kusari and it also takes me a few hits to kill even normal enemies. don't forget that they get stronger the further you go in the game. missions have levels to them for a reason. so you need to keep upgrading your weapons, try to favor higher level weapons over weapons with good properties, properties are mostly shit you want to min-max in endgame i suppose. and either way, you can reforge shitty properties into good ones, i crafted myself an exotic kusari earlier today, im level 67ish, and rerolled a few shitty properties into better ones (like Mid-stance ki dmg and mid-stance life drain)

The great thing about Raikiri is the stun effect and that lightning fucks up wind enemies.

Am I missing out on much if I don't do the Veteran Onmyo and Ninja missions in the dojo? I was going to respec to do them both them respec back to normal, but doing the Warrior one already got me the moves I was looking for.

you can survive with warriors alone, i didn't use any magic on my first run anyway

There is no weapon where fighting revenants isn't trivial.

Spears out-range them and spearfall splats them for an easy finsihing blow.

Axes destroy their block and kill them in like two hits.

Kusari-gama you just use Blade Spin until they die.

With katana one Haze is enough to kill them.

or murder loop them with legsweeps

That's what I was assuming, thanks.

at higher levels some revenant AIs seem smarter and won't run into your parries so easily though, but the leegsweep will always fuck their day

As a rule of thumb, I found that if I can kill a Dweller in low stance in about two normal combos (that is, by spamming Square for - I think - 2x5 times), my output is adequate for that level.
Remember to soul-match or forge your weapon regularly. Up until about level 50, doing it every 5 levels is affordable, though I'm not sure whether it's too helpful.
Starting with level 50, you should do it (approximately) every ten levels. I found that necessary.
Mind you, I'm referring to item levels.
In addition, consider that in Nioh, you generally do more damage when you're attacking the enemy's back, and especially the Youkai tend to have a specific weak spot to exploit (the Yoki's horns, or attacking the Wheel Monk's side during his fire breath).
You're never wrong in using the Raikiri. It's arguably the best sword until you have to really start thinking about your equipment - that is, way past level 100. Lightning is an incredibly useful debuff, and Spirit scaling means it outperforms most of your other options in raw damage, since you should level your Spirit to unlock your Guradian Spirits' skills anyway. Plus, it's cheap to make.

i barely used my living weapons, by the time i beat the damn game only then some one pointed out the trick to use spirit stones to activate living weapon faster

i beat nobunaga/yukionna without even charging my weapon

No worries, user. I never used my living weapon and i only got spirit to get all the benefits from Hi Komora

which one is that? i used the mizuchi (blue dragon snake thing) because it gave me more damage per enemies defeated at rank 1 and didn't really change it much

i have suzaku equipped in NG+ right now which seems fundamentally broken

Sorry, it was Aya Komora, the bat you get from Kobayakawa. At max level it gives you A damage bonus for agility (The lighter you are, the more damage you do). Plus, it gives 15% unlimited ninjutsu chance at base level

nice, that reminds me do those bonuses stack? i had a couple items with agility bonuses but didn't remember to check if they actually stacked or not

being a glass cannon fucking rocked in this game thanks to stuff like that

>media.8ch.net/file_store/2f2b05b54f9a325139e1a3b5904b5331856c20c7db75409e490bb47b02540fc3.mp4

I believe they stack, at least the defense ones like with the Yamabushi Apparel that can have a monstruous amount of defense just by leveling up your spirit because the pieces have a C increase in defense with spirit.

so i'm respeccing, my first build focused on 1kat/kusari and a little bit of jutsu, i think i'll go spear and keep 1kat in pocket. since i wanna use heavier armor i need to invest in some STR/STA this time, anyone know if there's desired capping points for those skills?

I don't understand.

Good news: I don't either.

Street is no good for equip load but stamina is. At around 26 or so you stop getting .5 -.6 points from stamina. I think you need around 36 to wear most heavy armor sets in b agility. Wearing sets like Karakawa, Obsidian, and Tatenashi honestly should be work in C agility. The investment for stamina to stay in B for those sets is too much (40+IIRC)

is it just me or does the fancy grapple animation for spear seem to do less damage than the regular grapple

It does about the same, but the special grapple leaves them on the ground, so you can do a final after it.
Shit's really strong if you do that

Wow what a surprise.

worse part is the way my build is going i'll probably have to use red demon soon, but i'll refashion it immediately. its not that i even dislike the armor that much its just everyone has it now

there, every human enemy in the game just became a joke.

I didn't say they were hard to beat.

it puts them into knockdown and speeds the process up

At least you can get a lot of divine fragments from them :^)

oh of course, i still slaughter revenants wholesale because its kinda fun if you don't always cheese them

I've got a question. Is it possible for revenants to drop a particular piece of equipment at a higher rarity than what their grave shows?

Your revenant won't show any refashion.

Also Kingo armor is much more common at high levels than Red Demon.

more reason not to die

i've been starting to notice this, but i don't like how that looks at all personally so if i use it i'll refashion or model swap for sure

Do refashions show in co-op? I know that model swaps do.

Yes.

Good to know, thanks.

My revenant probably looks like shit :^)

So I just got to the poison mine in the second area. Level 42, kinda jack of all trades-ing it as far as stats. What should I be doing for a kurisagama build stat wise? Far as anything else, just keep progressing and farming?

I suck large amounts of dick at this game.

Dex? there's nothing wrong with a little bit of everything in this game. KusariGama is strong even if your build sucks. Just have fun and play at your own pace.
If I had to give tipesโ€ฆ
Learn Flux if you can. Avoid crutches like Sloth. You don't have to have a Range weapon but I would recommend keeping a matchlock with you

Read that Dex starts to suck after 15. Can't unlock Sloth yet but will probably use it because fuck me.
I don't get the point of flux, you have to back out after half a combo most of the time anyway.

Try guardian spirit talismans together with Fuse-ushi.

If you're not using ninjutsu then putting points into dex is a waste. If you're struggling then putting points into body might be a good idea.

Nothing sucks after the soft cap. It all decays pretty softly.
Flux will get you Ki back to the point of being aable to perform practically unlimited actions. This early in the game you probably don't notice it as you can kill everything in one attack string.

its high and low stances are great for applying elemental damage especially

i just unlocked that shit to get the omnyo mystic trophy, jesus what a broken item

definitely wise advice, just for picking off archers or thinning the ranks of a group before you enter their engagement range

Why don't more people use the fanatic's set? That shit is insane. You get a 45% damage bonus just from the first and last slot together, and you can get much better versions of stat upgrades on your armor too. The 25%ish not sure what the actual cap here is critical attack boost turns into a mid to high 30s attack boost after the 50% boost from the 6 set bonus. You can stack the normal and critical versions of some effects. Putting a 10% close combat ki reduction and 25%ish close combat ki reduction critical gives you an effective mid 40s ki reduction. Additionally shit in this game stacks additively. This means that when I gear for it I can get 89% damage reduction which I am pretty sure is calculated ontop of whatever my armor gives when under 30% health. So, from 30% hp to 0 is effectively (3/10)/(1/10) or 3 times whatever my max health reads at. Also, because this is damage reduction and not a health increase healing that doesn't put me into non-critical is 3x as effective. Just stand in the oasis and you can face tank. Just be really careful not to put yourself into > 30% hp range. The jutsus are also really good for critical builds. The quick change scrolls put you at exactly 30% hp when you come back and those talismans that absorb a set amount of damage seem to be affected by my critical health damage reduction. Additionally, you get the bonuses of critical hp while using a living weapon, but you don't have to worry about low health. Critical health builds in this game are insanely overpowered, and they make sloth talismans look balanced.

I usually pump mine to 30 if I care about the spells. You get 1 attunement slot per level until 30, and then it hard caps. Make sure to also grab the passive in the tree that grants another 10 slots. In general ninja power and onymo power will never provide significant changes to anything.

Why is the framerate so shit in the second half of the spirit stone slumbers?

you read wrong, especially if you're focusing on kusari, i was using 1kat/kusari on my first run and pumped into heart/dex and i was still getting +2 to +4 damage on my kusari into the 40s, but sometimes you'll have to eat a +1 before you get the +2s

Some of the passives and action commands you learn from ninjutsu are pretty helpful even if you never use any of the "spells".

Yeah, I have the passives with 5 points in Dex.

Dex has a hard cap at 30, after which it doesn't increase your ninjutsu. Rate of ninjutsu power/level decreases slightly after 10. You'll get 2 skill points/level, no cap.
15 is considered another cap because you need it to be eligible for the quest to unlock every normal skill.

The stat that caps is your capacity, sorry for the ambiguity.

How many skill points are necessary to completely learn every ninja skill?

Damage scaling in this game is flat in pretty much all respects. You'll never see any soft caps all the way up to 99, and I think the bonus doesn't even scale with your weapon. Look for change to attack (main stat) A+, and just pump your main stat to 99. Grab utility first though (25 spirit for all guardians being usable, 30 dex/mag for maxed out equip slots, 40 heart for cheap ki points, etc); the utility will pretty much always be better than some more scaling.

I was the first person I know of that abused the hyper mode suzaku synergy they designed. I deleted that character because i was disgusted with how powerful it was

Yeah, I abused it to get glory and reach a high position on the clan battle ranking thing.

whoa
I didn't even realize I could go back to the tower of london until just now because I thought the symbol on the map was for going to the next region.

you guys weren't kidding about how much faster it is with high rank stuff, i'm gonna have to respec again to make a side weapon to upgrade for the trophies

axe or dualies?

axes a best

How the fuck do you get divine +1 weapons?

They drop from enemies (not from revenants) or sometimes as a result of forging.

Is there any axe better than the Kaido axe? I love that one.

Mononobe because it gets extra strength scaling.

That's interesting.
Is there any way to easily get a divine pickaxe? I just noticed that it synergizes well with gold armor.

Well mononobe so far maybe there's something better somewhere later in NG+ (I'm only in the second region)

For the pickaxe you could always refashion another axe to look like one.

why not refashion a divine axe into it

No I meant it comes with a +15% gold drop bonus.

Any weapon that doesn't already have scaling can get strength scaling and since Mononobe is locked at B+ base it's actually one of the worst axes in terms of potential.

However, since stat scaling is very costly to reforge to, Mononobe is great to use until you get to NG+.

If you have the deluxe edition and have the Nioh's weapons available they're easily the best suite if weapons in the game alone (exceptions being things like Iga Jonin weapons that require specific conditions). They come with 20% Yokai Close Combat damage and they have a wider window for successful purification.

how much do you think the DLCs are going to cost individually?

Probably $10.

how convenient their massive pile of red demon/kingo armor will fuel my divine fragment stocks

I assumed that would be the case, but where would you get A+ strength scaling?

have good luck reforging using divine fragments on axes.

So many if the armor sets in this game seem to have 1 or two pieces that are toughness efficientry for the weight and the rest are bad.
Ex: Saia Clan Hiyazori is 1.2 units for 13 toughness making it very effecient while the rest are around 1.1 to 8 or something comparable.
The advanced versions of the onmyo mage gear and Yamabushi have pieces similar.
Ex: Yamaguchi tekko is 1.1 to 9 toughness while the Gyousha tekko is 1.2 to 13 toughness (iirc)

I've got to stop posting from mobile

OH SHIT! In NG+ there is a book that will let you reallocate prestige points.

nigga im not even near NG+ and the book is sold by Danzo in the hidden teahouse.

So when it comes to Dual Katana builds which is better - Some other elemental effect or Poison?

Poison sucks.

Was afraid of that. I heard it did more damage than fire and was happy to get that rolled

Back to fire then

so do shurikens, but lo and behold, people keep using them.

shurikens/kunai take a lot of stamina, and they're useful for some bosses because they instantly stagger if you hit them in the air.

why does living weapon fucking suck so much? everytime i use it with whatever spirit, it makes all my attack these unskippable combos that pretty much leave me open for every enemy to rip my asshole in 2 hits. why couldn't it just power up your weapons and let you keep fighting normally? you know, like dodging in the middle of an attack (something i regularly do)

but nope, LOOK AT THESE WHACKY MOVES, AREN'T THEY SO POWERF- *oni nigger gives hits me with his palm and depletes my entire living weapon bar plus 95% of my health*

what a pointless special move

It's incredibly powerful if you spec into it. If not wellโ€ฆ it gives you a little extra HP?

i know its powerful, i got about 15 points into spirit (just to get all the bonuses from the spirits i like, like the bat with its AGI A+ scaling) but it turns you into a sitting duck. Onis won't flinch even when you hit them with it, so their carry on their anally devastating attacks while you carry on yours, but they've got the upper hand because their HP is fuck huge while yours has a hard time scratching the 2500 mark

If you're having trouble with the moveset you can spec some good skills for mid stance and just use them. LW locks you into midstance. Also, try pulling a spear before using it. Their light attacks are fast and great for area control, and the heavy attack hits at a great angle for getting oni horns.

What are you talking about, it makes basically every monster in the game flinch provided they aren't committed to an attack already.

Should I feel bad for face rolling everything when I get summoned by a lowbie

Gotta get glory somehow. About 1/5th of the people I steamroll for end up asking me how to do it themselves. I don't think they entirely mind it.

Idunno, I've killed white tiger twice before the host has even touched himโ€ฆ

Yeahโ€ฆ I'm "helping" people with ng+ twilight hino right now, and this vid related is pretty much how every fight goes. Really, I find that you need to make the boss fights go really fast or your host will experiment with ways of killing themselves.

well fuck. this one is going to take a while.

Post Willies

So i just got to ng+. Why is every fucking revenant using red demon armour? Literally every single fucking one of them.

Because it's easy to farm divines of

I hope all your weapons are lightning elemented.

THEY FUCKING ARE

i got this weapon with a hereditary property (yellow color) its at maximum familiarity.

how come i cannot pass the property to other items? no matter which item i try it just won't pass over, and its a really good property (agi bonus A)

I don't know why but I've had a similar problem with some skills/weapons. As far as I know there wasn't any conflicting skill on the target weapon either, I just couldn't pass it on.

there's gotta be a reason for it, maybe the yellow color means something

Yellow should just be the rarity of the skill. I've inherited purple skills many times, no problem.

well shit, why won't it pass over then?

for clarity, its a rare Hooked Kusarigama, im trying to pass the Agi Bonus A into an exotic Kusarigama of higher level, either way, it won't pass into any weapon, even if both weapons are at max fam

The bat has one of the lowest Might stats out of all the guardian spirits. Equip a guardian spirit like Fuse-Ushi if you want to facetank more than one punch.

Also, while activating at critical health does grant tenacity bonuses, there's a bug (maybe intended) where any hit that would normally kill you outside of living weapon will stagger you while in living weapon. Using an elixer while in living weapon will fix this, but you'll loose the tenacity bonuses.

That stat conflicts with other damage+ attributes. Make a save backup, and then experiment around with reforging attributes off your weapon and checking it again. Just go back once you're done and use your knowledge to get a decent sword without wasting tons of money trying to figure out their obscure attribute pools.

i'm on Spirit Stone Slumbers at level 132 on way of the strong using axe and it feels like it takes me 10 minutes to fucking kill any enemy, is this just the WotS being kinda poorly done or should i be reevaluating stats

STR is at 40 and my attack reads at 962

Make sure you're using a 150 divine axe.

i was, but i got max proficiency after finishing the level so i respec'd to dual swords to go max that out next

The more I play this game in co-op the more game-breaking bugs I encounter. I was going to post some WebMs but Holla Forums media server is slow as balls now, I can't load anything so I assume you folks wouldn't be able to as well.

So first I had the fight with Harvey Birdman where he got stuck in the floor after smacking him out of the air, and then he fell through the floor and could only be killed on the blocked off staircase, but that still doesn't allow you to truly finish the fight. Then yesterday I was doing it again with someone and this time when he died in mid-air the level became impossible to complete, you could not interact with him. I also noticed the fire didn't hurt anymore, because he was standing right in it when we tried to talk to him not sure if it's always been that way. I also noticed one of the doors back to the lower floor of the level was open during the fight, I assume this was done on the last patch to help with the problem in the first fight I mentioned above.

Then I was doing the final main mission, and the summoner went up the elevator without me. As I entered the elevator myself he opened the door to start the boss and the game teleported me on to the roof of the building, thus I was unable to help in the boss fight (and he died, RIP).

I've also noticed that some bugs from the Beta are still present in the game. It's rare, but once in a while I will try to shoot something with my rifle and my bullets phase through the enemy's head or land somewhere completely different than where I am aiming. With ammo being so scarce in the game it really drives me crazy when it happens.

whats with the dungball asshole? i gave him all the ones i found and he still won't let me in the door

It has. When you get a mission complete notice all sources of damage either disappear or cease to harm you. Even if you manage to kill yourself somehow (such as throwing yourself into the ocean) you'll just successfully exit the mission like if you select "Go Forward". If you ever get stuck with the objective achieved and no way to proceed then try the hikari sword.

You have to give him 30. You'll probably have to farm shitmonsters to get enough. But you get a nice kabuto out of the deal.

is the last kodama inside there? i cant find him anywhere else on the level and i have kodama sense item equipped

No. You don't need him to open the door to get back there either.

damn, where the fuck is the little green turd then, i got 5 out o 6 and kodama sense doesn't detect any more in the whole level

The Jews fear the Nioh guy.

Anyone learn something exploitable yet?

aside from using the sloth talisman?

What gear do you have to have to do crazy shit like that? I'm doing fine with a full divine Yatagerasu set, but I want to change it up.

Suzaku is the most powerful GS in the whole line up. With a full stock of talismans you can tear your way through enemies and her two passives makes you nigh invincible as long as you aren't completely reckless.

Sloth isn't nearly as good as the hype suggests. It's gotten me killed a few times because it's thrown off my timing. It's still useful when dealing with bosses in very confined spaces or when you are dealing with a couple of big guys at once and you need to separate them.

Hmm good idea.

Also, I've been disassembling unwanted Divine gear for Divine Fragments, where do I actually put them to use? I don't see anything using them in the Forge section yet.

In that video I'm using a +10 160 kusa from the iga set with Change To Attack Dex (A+) and 99 dex. I'm also utilizing the fanatic's set. I've got a total of 65.9% close combat attack (critical) and the 50% special effects up (critical) from fanatic. I burned a carnage talisman before going into the boss arena as well. You should have seen my damage before they nerfed my kusa down from level 320.

Any odds of this getting a GOTY release? Sat this one out since I recently got two games that will take their sweet time.

I played the alpha and last chance demos. I like the fact that weapons aren't made of styrofoam anymore, you can go five steps without finding a full set and enemies won't chase you to the ends of the Earth but they went way overboard on everything and by the last demo the difficulty felt unbalanced. Most of the game isn't all that difficult but it spikes up tremendously at some points. And from what I've seen and read, it seems like a remarkably easy game to cheese; I've seen boss fights finished in seconds with them eating about four flavors of debuffs before the fight even starts.

You hit triangle on the forge screen and you can use up to 10 fragments to boost your chance of making good equipment. With 10 fragments you have like a 85% chance of creating a divine item and a 0% chance of making a white or yellow rarity item.

I need to get +3 more on my kusa and match it with the 160 kusa I made (on my first fucking try at it since the patch)

thank fuck, all i have left to do to get platinum is just a handful of sorta grindy shit

Those boss fights that last only seconds are usually not the guys first attempt. This game is pretty slow going for your first playthrough. I put nearly 100 hours into the first beta, and it took me about 40 hours to beat ng I did all side missions too though. Once you hit ng+ the endgame is farming for gear, and there are tools to do that pretty quickly.

it certainly trivializes a lot of fights if you use it in tandem with other aspects

sloth + power pill + carnage talisman + a weapon buff + damage from behind. that combination will send a lot of boss enemies straight to hell

Power pill and carnage don't stack by the way.

well i feel dumb now for using that combo to blitzh through the final level again to get an orochi scale

Are you sure about that? Because I've completed every mission (Way of the Strong, and all Dojo missions) with the exception of Twilight and still haven't unlocked that trophy.

Nice, thanks.

i got the trophy and i know i haven't down all the twilight missions. but you did do all the proficiency missions right? cuz doing that unlocks one more mission in the last region

you can also tell from the region menu which little blue bar isn't full

Anyone know if Divine gear will show up in the Teahouse Trade system?

Lmao living weapon is OP friend. Here are some pointers though.
Most spirits fall under the category of it being your "Oh shit!" button or your "boss killer". Typically the way to tell this is by their Attack enhancement. The spirits with high attack enhancement take long to charge while the lower ones dont. This should affect the way you use them.

Ex: Daiba-Washi is very weak regarding attack power, but refreshes extremely quickly.
Kato has VERY high attack but lasts only a second and takes and minute to refresh.
Daiba-Washi is best used as an "oh shit!" button. When you get into a pinch just pop it. When you get out of a pinch you put it away so it recharges.
Kato is best used to finish bosses. When you get a boss down and you want to burst them before they get back up you pop it. The high attack power is enough to either out right kill or severely wound the boss.
The only other factors that really change how you use your LW is Tenacity . Tenacity is how buffed the LW get when you're and out to die. There are exceptions too too he normal LW archetype such as Suzaku and Paired Raiken. These are so fucking strong if you activate them at critical HP that any relative amount of LW or Critical mode buffs cause it to last for fucking ever. They both have A+ Tenacity IIRC.

All of this is coming from the guy who very well might be the first person in the west to make a permanent living weapon build.

It does in Way of the Strong

anyone know if theres a way to tell in a menu which of the 'high quality" items you haven't collected? i think its a nue claw i never got but i'm not sure, but i've farmed the first nue a few times now with now luck either

Can confirm. I got a divine Bellowing Tenryu that way. It looks bitchin' with the gold armor too.

I'm not in NG+ or Way of the Strong or whatever yet. Just kind of chilling in co-op before I hope the boat back to England.

What do you mean nerfed your 320?

They turned all the 320 items into 160 items.

Once you get to Way of the Strong you can easily switch back and forth to both modes at will from the map screen. Oh and btw you can get a lot of good equipment from the beach at Kuroshima.

eh that's a bit dumb. I mean it makes more sense than having a massive level jump but whatever. I haven't played in a few weeks. So 160 is the highest now?

Yeah.

That's unfortunate, but not like anything really poses a threat at 150+10 gear anyways.

So what's the EXTREME mode dlc nonsense all about?

What are some of the lighter heavy armor sets? Karakawa armor is heavy but seems to weigh what your typical medium armor does.

Hmm, maybe I was wrong about that actually.

Are there any stat differences between Yamabushi and Gyousha?

i recorded 1.46 minutes of video and its 90mb on mp4 format, how 2 webm? im retarded

Rogue.
Fanatic is medium but is really heavy for medium
Raging bull isn't very light but it's very toughness/defense effecient for its weight

I've been avoiding Red Demon set this whole time because 1) I want to stick to medium armor and 2) everyone else is using it, but hot damn during co-op I just received almost a full set of it as Divine and lvl 146 with impressive traits. So very tempting.

Yes. Yamabushi is lightweight by a tenth of a unit and is not as toughness effecient. It also has lower requirements though. Haven't tested it but I'm pretty sure Gyousha set has better spirit scaling too

Have anyone fought Giant Toad?

Plenty of times. He is pretty easy.

Aside from the sickle, do any other weapons pair well with ninjutsu?

Seems dumb to have only 1 weapon type scale with the stat while everything else has at least 2

someone needs to make a pepe edit of giant toad.

I really wish we could get Kosen's special version of Yamabushi.

Looking at equipment's effects takes way too much fucking time. There needs to be a more complex sorting function that works like this. Instead of cycling through sort options, it needs to be a new menu layer that's pulled up with a list of the sort options. One of these needs to be "Sort by effects" which should pull up another menu that alphabetically lists all the effect types that exist in your current inventory of whichever category of equipment you have selected. Say I want "Low attack ki reduction x%", that should be in the lists of available effects if anything I have in the current equipment category has it. It would then place all equipment with the effect at the top in descending order of the "x%", with some generic sort for the rest of it. There should also be an option to decide whether or not this sort includes inheritables, uninheritables, or both (default). This shit really needs streamlining. I like this game for the combat, not for the loot grind and autistically staring at numbers all day.

Hino-Enma is starting to aggravate me. I'm not gud enough for her yet even though I'm clearing the Yokai in the cave without breaking a sweat. Her tells are easy to see but my hands are not fast enough.

She's literally the second real boss. Git gud and bring lots of antiparalytic needles.

Side dodges and backside ravaging are your friend

Shoot her out of the air, and don't stay close for too long unless you want her to make out with her.

got the platinum, that was easy otherwise i wouldn't have bothered. are there any good rewards for beating way of the strong?

Who cares?

I'm dead before she can paralyze me anyways, I think I need to grind a little, she does a lot of damage and I don't do enough. I'll try again tomorrow, I've been playing all day and need a break.

Exactly my thoughts during her intro cutscene. Is there any good Ni-Oh hentai of the monstergirls and girl spirits yet? Can you unlock mothgirl? I haven't beaten the game yet and I saw her once at the battle sekigahara. I killed her partner, does that mean you don't get her ever?

You need to git gud. You'll never handle ice bitch like this.

i do, i would hope they have some cool weapons or armor in there to make it worth dragging through way of the strong

are you fat and/or american?

You've got to deplete her youkai ki. Also you can try to bait her to do her surekill attack and wail on her.
Are you wearing heavy armor?

No I'm thin and Canadian

Yeah it's like Demon Souls and Dark Souls, I'll try it again tomorrow, get it first try and wonder why I had problems with the fight in the first place. I still feel I don't do enough damage to her though.

It's suspected that she will be available as part of some of the upcoming DLC.

My boner could not be any harder. I need fluffy moth girls.

No. There's nothing special for beating way of the strong.

that's a bummer, it just seems like the further into it enemies just take longer and longer to kill instead of actually being more challenging

I'm still enjoying the game but without even trying. Just by spending Amrita to level up whenever I can, not losing any and doing all the side quest I am already 20 levels over the recommended level the game is suggesting I should be. Their is still some stuff that can be tricky but they defiantly went overboard on making it easier. The alpha demo on the other hand was brutal, because of the insanely low drop rate of elixirs and weapons breaking. Aside from Diablo 2 I've never been a fan of "loot fest" because I hate the inventory management.

Fortunately most of the loot can be safely sold, sacrificed, or disassembled.

I got bored of the mooks and started running to the end of reused levels and quickly killing the bosses/finding the macguffins. I also sometimes accidentally finish levels early. I'm about 20+ levels below the recommended value.

Run to the right or to the left and she misses you with the paralysis. Take your time and work her down to between 1/2 to 1/4 health and she then starts to use vampirism (don't let her grab you obviously) then unleash a Guardian Spirit combo and you should be able to kill her.
sage for double post

Fuck this googly eyed piece of shit boss.

I understand it's patterns, but what the fuck does it matter when every single attack it does is an AoE circle and you have to keep dodging.

Guardian spirits really feel like a crutch to me. I like their passive bonuses though.

which?

Wait for/try to bait lightning breath, run to either side of it, depending on your position, and slash the shit out of it's belly. If you stay too far wait, it tends to just spam lightning from the sky while not moving.

Pick one.

Thanks. I tried it out raw and it's pretty damn good. Not sure if I'm gonna stick with it though.

Either way is no deterrent to my erection.

the lighting tiger manticore? Nothing special just Stick & move.

I usually worry about challenging myself on my second play through. First runs I exploit every mechanic just to learn how all the systems work.

alot of good looking women in Nioh user. Nothing to be ashamed of. you are talking about Saoirse right?

My problem is the claw swipes that have hardly any startup. There's no way to tell when that attack starts until it's too late. What I've been doing is waiting for the thunderbolts and then dashing in and hitting its stomach, removing its lightning for a bit.

Holy shit nigga.

the mistake you are making is trying to DODGE them backwards it seems. In stead of RUNNING past them to the back legs.

Do not try to play this game like dark souls.

I just dodge those. Almost any direction. Not much too it. I normally stay out of their range anyways. You don't have to be that close to bait lightning breath.

Yeah that'd be my problem.

I'm way too used to Dark Souls for this game. I actually just managed to beat the Nue with low stance spear.

One answer. DLC

They are going to put out 3 mission expansions and each prob with new gear and stuff.

This game did well enough expect a sequel. Or a Spiritual sequel using the mechanics.

We're talking about Otani's mothgirl spirit that you don't get when beat him at Sekigahara.

Once I got out of DARK souls mindset and into the OLD Ninja GAIDEN black on XBOX mindset things worked better.

Even thinking more like devil may cry would work better.

If you are looking for a Visitor's Dragon Kabuto, there is a Revenant outside next to the door you open before walking up to the Nue fight. Make sure you lure him indoors to fight him so his loot doesn't fall off the edge.

Yeah PROB going to be DLC

Like what this user said.
In fact if you do dodge it's better to dodge to the side or occasionally INTO the attack.

Ogress was fun. Dodging into her attack was definitely the way to go.

i beat Honda Tadakatsu in less than 2 minutes, trying to webm it

not to be rude but that doesn't seem like a huge feat, if you stick to his ass so he can't use his regen he goes down pretty quick

i know but its nice to have some gameplay vids around

Was that the guy who was possessed that you re-fight and uses a FUCK YOU level of regen halfway through the fight? I was on his ass, beating the shit out of him and he still fully healed.

he's the guy who has the Deer spirit. the one you can beat easily if you destroy the 2 huge purple crystals.

Yeah, when you refight him he uses a retarded level of regen. Unless you can prevent him from using it in the first place, it's best to just hide at the top of the stairs until it runs out rather than waste time dealing pointless damage to him. Granted I haven't gotten to the point of optimizing builds for high damage output and was just playing through on NG.

Confession time, user.

I've only played maybe 30 minutes of DMC1. Haven't played any other.

you mean the duel against him? the one that doesn't have the crystals around?

thats the fight i recorded i think, but i cant webm it beyond 30mb so no uproading for me

Yeah, I'm in a similar boat. I want to go back and play DMC and ninja gaiden black, but my PC has a bit of trouble with ps2 emulation and apparently xbox emulation still isn't a thing.

meant for

Legit, either go naked and dodge everything or be heavy and tank everything. At medium you don't dodge far enough and you don't have enough toughness to block. A lot of the bosses on this game are really only hard for certain builds. Changing up your armor can seriously make all the difference

Its more like Bloodborne tbh

confession I don't like DMC1 because of the tank controls or DMC4 because of the platforming and never played Ninja GAIDEN black or Onimusha. DMC3 is good tho

that was a total pain in the ass

Make sure you've got anti paralysis equipment and needles equipped
Stick to low stance for best dodge, or mid if you prefer to block (one dodge is usually enough to get away, but if she does her wing twirl you'll need to dodge twice)
Bait a combo or grab, dodge away, dodge back in and get in one or two hits at a time
When she flies up into the air, hit her with projectiles inbetween her attacks to drain her ki and let you get some more hits in (kunai are best for this, shurikens can work if it's all you have)
Don't get too carried away after you've knocked her out of the air because she usually comes out of it with a grab

Took me 17 attempts to get past her. Learn the tells, when to dodge and don't get greedy when you're getting hits in.

You know I'm still not entirely sure how to beat the centipede the "right" way.

i just kept climbing up on the rocks and dropping on him for like 20 minutes, and thats cutting it short

batter his body and he collapses leaving his head free to attack, but on way of the strong the health pools are fucking huge so even with my maxed divine weapons it felt like i was just beating on a wall

1. Block the pincers
2. Dodge the spit
3. Hit the tip of the tail ( the tip because it will fall off and start emitting poison if you don't kill it first)
4. Dodge the spit
5. Hit the other parts of the tail
6. Dodge the spit
7. Hit the other parts of the tail until they fall off
8. Smack the head
9. Block the pincers
10. Dodge the spit
11. Drain ki through kicks/salt
12. Repeat 9, 10, and 11 until out of ki and staggers.
13. Smack the head.
14. When he runs away start back at step 1

How is your build that bad? It takes like a minute even at +1 weapons!

Hey man, it's more fun when it's a challenge. I best the giant centipede with a wooden sword and no points in heart

i have like 55 in heart and power pills, sword damage reads 930~

there's your problem. Power pills are garbage

Power pills are shut unless you have high Dex. They scale in power of off Dexterity

ah i didn't know that, luckily dex is my second highest skill in the 40s

well they ARE ninjutsu after allโ€ฆ

Power pills are just bad, you should really just ignore them and use carnage for how little they do even at massive dex.

next time i play i'll respec and sort that out i guess, although i might shelf it till the DLC since i gotta hit my backlog soon

but speaking of respec my roommate pointed out that the way its handled in this you could actually throw away all your amrita after respeccing, or only respec to a certain level if you wanted. i have a feeling that will be necessary by the time they add DLC everyone will probably be over leveled for it

yeah basically respeccing just gives you back all the skillpoints and amrita used for leveling/from items and puts you back at level 1

I'M SO FUCKING CLOSE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'm only in the 3rd region of the game too

where the heck did you get that sanada chest piece?

I pre-ordered and bought deluxe.

i didn't even know there was a deluxe, man i'm envious that's a good chest pice

The whole set is great. It's easily my favorite complete armor set in this game.

So what exactly does the +# on Divine weapons do? Does it work on armor too?

200 TOUGHNESS
A AGILITY
NOT EVEN HALFWAY THROUGH THE GAME
I'm happy

Are you using the clan that gives bonuses based on the amount of red demon's armor equipped?

I am. I also have 71 Stamina

Cool, the clan protection goes up depending on glory contribution. You should look into getting a yasakani magatama and using the chest piece once it gives 200+. I think clan protection goes up to like 2.5x original at it's max. So you might be able to get up to +20% toughness and +5% attack per piece. Might even be able to lose the monk's hood once you get high enough and if you go for toughness titles.

>He's Black
Was this guy a real historical figure like most of the other characters?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke

yep

He was probably the coolest nigga in Nippon.

huh neat, I thought they just threw one in there for no reason, but the game is good enough that I didn't care.

On that note anyone need a summon or anything, I'm getting a bit bored grinding 160 pieces

You working on getting 160 armor or the weapons?

Both, I'm just short in general. And as much fun as farming Bone Bridge at level 50 is to farm divine fragments to forge, I'd like to do something else for a bit.

You could work on getting some glory. Reset is soon, and you could have some nice buffs going into next week.

I guess, I never really found a clan I really felt amplified my play-style.

WE WUZ SAMURAI N SHEEEEIT

And I was the king of England. But I don't give a shit.

Date's bonus to LW is pretty nice, furuta gives good passives to have for anyone, todo is good for heavy builds, and you better fucking use Ii if you're one of the red demon hoard.

I'm yatagarasu, I've just been sitting on Toyotomi because I got nothing else.
I would try out Saika, but according to the tooltip it only affects bows, whichโ€ฆ are garbage

I really feel like toyotomi doesn't do much for anyone. The bonus money is only from enemy drops, and enemies don't drop very much gold. I get most of my gold from mission rewards and selling stuff. To me, that makes furuta's 10% price increase to the blacksmith much better. Also, the amrita gain is kind of useless in the long run because of how leveling works. You'll pretty much sit at level 200-300 until you decide to power level, and then all the amrita will come at once from spamming sawayama samurai/ demon king revealed and burning one of those sakes that increases amrita with every kill. Then, amrita is useless. The amrita that the 10% bonus builds up is never really going to be too great. On the other hand, gear is a constant grind, and you can find your endgame accessory/base gear from any kill. So, +luck from furuta is also very nice to have. On top of that, the two effects from furuta synergize. You find rarer gear which is worth more money, and the black smith will pay a higher amount for all items. If I was in a clan based on passive bonuses to farming, then I'd definitely choose furuta over toyotomi.

Saika affects guns I don't know what you're talking about. It affects guns quite a bit too.

Each time I survive a little longer, I'm starting to git gud, I don't want to coop for it since it is good practice. I was playing too much like DS and not enough like DMC /Ninja gaiden.

Fuck I love that game, it tears me a new asshole but it is legit difficulty.

TECHNOLOGY

I absolutely cannot get the hang of spears.

it'll take a minute. I mostly only use High Stance when it's something small that blocks. Mid stance is for the Heavy attack thrusts and I use Low stance for attacking big things like One Eye'd Oni and Onyudo. I have mastered flux though so this is all second nature to me. You might want to practice using Flux on an Axe (how I learned) before I tried it on a spear or Sword

It feels like they nerfed the shit out of low/mid dodge attacks on the spears. I used them in the beta, but they just seem kind of meh now.

protip for fluxes: don't look at the blue lights, look at your stamina bar whoops, i mean """ki""" :^)

after you finish an attack or a combo you'll see a portion of it highlighted in light-red, and a bright green bar covering said light red, when the bright green has almost completely covered the light-red, there is where you want to trigger the pulse.

if the bright green covers the red, your ki will begin chargin from the beginning of the bright green/light red bar.

if, at the same time you do the ki pulse, you switch stances/weapons, with the proper skills learned, you'll recover even more ki (about 10% more than the top of the bright green/light red bar). thats hard to master in situations where you're in a fast fight but its pretty easy to practice against yokai oni and such.

this has been a message from the Git Samurai Institute of Gud.

they seem normal to me but I literally only played High Stance Katana in the Beta with no skills. I have no idea how or why i did that. I even beat all the twilight missions like that too.

How do you activate the big "knock your opponent impale them and then slam them down" attack? It says when opponent is out of ki but it's doesn't seem to activate for me.

dunno m8, i don't play spear

those types of attacks you need to do when you see the enemy out of breath, get close and press triangle (you need to have the skill equipped first, make sure of that, and also make sure you are in the correct stance to use it)

they need to be out of Ki and standing for you to do those attacks.

At about 5:30 in this video from the beta,the guy uses a spear to kill hino. You can see him abuse the dash attacks a few times in there, and they really do look like they're a lot faster than what we currently have. I don't know why they would have nerfed the spear though. It just seems so odd.

Did you learned the grapple skill? You need that to do a grapple (AKA, impale them).

Also, if you do a grapple you can't do a killing blow (Down attack). If you land an attack while the enemy is out of stamina, the enemy will fall to the ground and you will be able to do a killing blow. This is, by far, better than a grapple.

are you in A agility?

There is a skill that changes the Grapple for spears to put them INTO the Final Blow/Killing Strike opening. If this is what you're talking about then you need to hit them when they're out of Ki (Humanoid enemies) and you will see a Red reticle on them. Press the heavy attack when you're close to them in this state and you will Grapple them. Usually it's a better idea to just hit them with a light attack as it knocks them on the ground and into the Final Blow/Killing Strike opening. The same happens in that state. They have a red reticle on them that you can heavy attack for higher damage. With that spear skill though you will be able to grapple them INTO the Final Blow/Killing Strike opening making it the most optimal punish for out of ki humanoid enemies.

don't you love it when the rules of the game apply to YOU but not to enemies?

i already defeated him but goddamn he pissed me off

Finallu removed hino-enma. Took me a couple of tries but in the end I was dancing around her. I got gud. Now for the next challenge.

Also is it time for a new thread?

I'm talking about Merciless Barrage. I just can't seem to get it to activate. It just does the normal grapple.

Do you have it equipped in your skill menu?

No I don't. As it turns out I'm a fucking retard.
Also that skill doesn't work on youkai does it?

Wew lad, I was wondering why I needed all of these.

Yeah, I stripped down completely naked.

I'd save them for the final region. They give a 10% drop rate bonus in omi, and you'll be getting +3-5 items instead of +0-1s.

If I use 10 per mission then I can do 94 missions. I don't think there are that many in the game. Plus I'm going to resume co-op later.

Plus, I can buy the suckers if I really want to.

Yeah, not sure what to do with my glory. I'm sitting on about 1 million of it right now, and I've boughten all the skins/emotes and spent about 400k on gear rolls.