SuperTuxKart on Greenlight

Do any of you even remember this shit? The faggot devs still aren't finished implementing networked multiplayer and it's already on Greenlight.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850895445

If this is the best the open source community is capable of for games then I choose capitalism and proprietary software, thanks.

I thought Greenlight was shut down recently.

if the copyrights bullshit won't be resolved any soon it's gonna be the only game you'll ever play once x86 processors get abandoned or superceded by better architecture

Most freetard games are hobbyist projects or stuff programmers make in their spare time. STK's engine is technically impressive (it has fucking realtime global illumination in a kart racer, not even modern AAA titles have that shit) but a lot of the assets are old holdovers from the game's original toaster-friendly design.

The only thing I remember about this game is the disbelief I felt when I played it and found out how shit it is despite all the freetard praise.

Getting the basic feel of using your software right seems to be some kind of an achilles' heel of free open source software, but supertuxcart fails in just about every way there is to fail. The levels aren't good, the gameplay isn't good, the graphics aren't good, and the game doesn't do a good job guiding the player along. The only thing it has going for it besides being free is that mario kart doesn't have a lot of competition aside this one.

Antarctica is a modded version of Irrlicht so they did not do everything from the ground up. I wish they would release it but they don't seem to want to.

Even further back the project was based off PLIB, and right now there supposedly isn't much of Irrlicht left aside from the scene graph and file loading utilities.
Release what?

Antarctica.

I'm glad we live in a society where things can be made such as this.
My only question is why a commercial release?

Damn, I can't believe there are still people working on this. I thought it died like five years ago

Nobody said it was going commercial, they just want to attract more players and modders.

Oh so it's a free to play title, I entirely forgot those were available on steam, which is odd considering I just downloaded Pink Heaven the other day.

Libre vidya can go on Steam as long as it's just using it as a distribution method and not actually integrating the game with steamworks.

The physics look so shitty holy fuck just emulate Mario Kart or Diddy Kong Racing or Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed

is nothing sacred?

People already install STK onto proprietary operating systems using proprietary browsers, all this does is give normalfags another way of downloading it through a proprietary client.

Looks shit. Tux Racer is still the best linux game.

They just added a larger fee. 5000 dollars I think.

JESUS CHRIST HOW PROPRIETARY

They announced that it will be shut down, but that hasn't happened yet. They're still debating on what the fee for the replacement program, Steam Direct, will be. The amounts they're considering range from $100 to $5,000.

You're both wrong, Greenlight isn't shut down and Steam Direct probably wont cost 5000$, I'm guessing it'll be around 500$.

But why would anyone buy this when they can just compile it for themselves?

That just seems wrong. I mean, good on them for wanting a larger playerbase since some good goys might donate, but fuck man. I'm just waiting for the inevitable "We're not Super Tux Kart, we're Ultra Kat Racing, releasing for $40 on Early Access thanks to Steam!"

They wish.

YOGSCAST
O
G
S
C
A
S
T