Total War Thread

What mods you playan? Which mods do you recommend? How's your campaign going?

I finally cracked waiting for the crack and bought Total Wawa

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/total-war-warhammer/total-war-warhammer-2-sequel
1d4chan.org/wiki/Total_War:_WARHAMMER
steamcommunity.com/app/364360/workshop/
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191504/bretonnia-update-patch-notes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_General
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Steel Faith is the best non-autistic mod for Wawa and the only gameplay mod you need.

Is Europa Barbaroum 2 any good? I've heard that its pretty buggy but that was when it came out.

I've never had any issues with EB2. But several patches have been released. Even EB1 recently got patched.

pretty excited for Bretonnia tbh m8

The Bretonnian lands are gay as hell though because each duchy only has two settlements.

I'd like to recommend MilkandcookiesTW's YouTube channel. It's pretty damn cozy if you're a Total War and Warhammer fan.

Is Attila any good? I was thinking of getting it, I played Rome 2 and it was fucking awful, but Ive heard that Attila is to rome what Napoleon was to Empire.

Wait, how do you know this? Source?

There is no source and I highly doubt CA will pass on that sweet DLC money. Apparently there are going to be 3 sequels for Total Wawa, one of them being focused in the factions of chaos.

I'm on my phone, so I can't archive. Here's an article I found explaining CA's plan with Total WaWa.

pcgamesn.com/total-war-warhammer/total-war-warhammer-2-sequel

This kid sounds like he permanently has a Trilby glued to his head and will smugly try to correct you if you call him a "fedora-wearing faglord".

lel

I wish they'd hurry up and release the 1.5 patch for the Beginning of the End Times mod.

Yes. That said it's still not on the level of, say, Shogun 2 but certainly better than the trainwreck that is R2.

MY LORD, A GLLLORIOUS VICTORY APPROACHES

God I hope it comes with the DLC when the rest of the bundle releases.

Also why no Three Kingdom's Total War yet Holla Forums?

What mods should I install for HOI 4???

Is there a black ice mod for it?

bump :$

Did HOI4 get exiled from the GSG thread?

gsg is for autists

just pirate the DLC

Basically. It's irredeemably shit.

CA says there's not enough interest in Chink history for them to make one.

Has the dlc been cracked yet? Last I checked the game itself remains uncracked

Denuvo

This is acceptable in 2016.

They've recently released an editor for the battle maps though?

5.99$

No?

-Mods remove everything you're talking about
-Theres a map editor right now and its even fixing the shitty sieges
-All seven factions have unique units with unique animations and stats unlike most units from previous Historical based Total War games

The editor is free

Game?

Are you retarded or just pretending?

I would say I was merely pretending but I'm actually asking since the screen doesn't look like medieval 2 and I've only played mostly that from CA

Since you didn't chimp out and gave a reasonable excuse:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Total_War:_WARHAMMER

I started playing the third age mod + divide and conquer submod for medieval 2 and I'm having a hella fun time as isengard

That's why TWW sucks for me. I want big armies!

I played mostly Third age with Mos mod….is D&C really that different?

Oh…..well, I'm not a fan of warhammer although I've heard could be worth a try even if you know shit of the lore I will give it a crack

I'd say its pretty worth it for all the unique animations and fixes to Warscape.

Just think of it as Medieval Fantasy Warhammer 40K but with more variety and factions.

You can pirate DLC using CreamAPI.
You need to buy the game though

Focken nice, thanks user
Still, non Lizards, no buy

I'm playing on normal and Total WaWa is kicking my ass. I never played Rome 2 or Attila, so I'm not used to having few armies and not being able to recruit garrisons for the cities. I expand way too fast.

Official Medieval 2 Mod Guide
-Stainless Steel
-Darthmod
-Broken Crescent (can also poo in a loo)
-Europa Barbarorum 2
-Thera: Legacy of the Great Torment
-Third Age: Total War w/ Divide and Conquer submod
-Beginning of the End Times
-The Elder Scrolls: Total War
-Hyrule: Total War
-Game of Thrones: Total War
-Planet War (install sight-unseen for maximum effect)

What's this one?

Probably the most authentic historical mod available. The time-frame is set during antiquity. It's also available for Rome 1.

Bump

Okay, so I got a good orc campaign going and have reached the Archaon end game. The combat is easily the best it's ever been for the Warscape Engine. The occasional matched combat animations are only reserved for heroes and monster units, and the charges from infantry/cavalry feel like they have impact again. The sieges are pretty bad and you will find yourself building auto-resolve armies so you don't have to fight them manually. The campaign map is better than Rome 2/Attila, but not as good as Empire, Napoleon, or Shogan 2; which weren't as good as the Rome 1/Medieval 2 system anyway.

I'd say the perfect Total War game would take Total WaWa's combat and expand on Medieval 2's campaign/sieges.

is there any mods for any tw game that does ww1 or ww2?

There is the great war mod for napoleon, it comes with single player capaing and everything.

is it fun?

The only TW game I ever played was Rome 2. I'm enjoying it so far but I'm thinking of jumping into medieval 2 soon.

It's pretty good, but it's unfinished and development is dead.

unfinished but playable or..?

It's unfinished in terms of minor nations not having a full roster and there being some bugs. It's definitely playable.

ill give it a go, thanks user

Best song in the whole franchise, prove me wrong

Fuck, forgot the embed

Is there a europa barbarorum-tier mod for the middle ages?

Off the top of my head, no. Stainless Steel with submods is probably the best you'll get.

No contest

I'll just redownload shogun 2 while I wait for War to get cracked, like hell am I gonna pay for a dlcfest.

play Attila with me user

Warhammer is the gayest of the entire series. Such a dogshit fantasy universe

Kinda avoided it after the shitshow that was rome 2. How does it compare?

Only interested in Warhammer because of the setting.

-Warhammer is a great setting
-Total WaWa fixes most of Warscape
-Ur a fag

Its still dogshit lad, don't do it, stick with Shogun 2 if you must.

It's better

A fixed warscape means nothing if you can't mod it.

But you can, you massive faggot
Denuvo stopping mod support is a fucking myth you reatard.
The only truth to it is that its harder for fanmade mod support.

steamcommunity.com/app/364360/workshop/

Call me when there's something akin to the Third Age Med2 had.
You're trying too hard to fit in, you're too defensive of the creatively bankrupt CA Warhammer attempt and you reek of shill because of it.

Your corporate dicksucking besides, having Denuvo applied at all is enough to make this a no-buy.

Good.

Denuvo restricts modding. Just because they alow some level of modding, doesn't mean Denuvo isn't getting in the way. The biggest statement you're making here is that you love the taste of mancum and you just won't stop stroking that Denuvo dick.

Warhammer is a fag universe, game fucking blows dog shit

Darth (and Radious) are shit-tier modders.

I also enjoyed all the mods for far cry 3 blood dragon

Try Deus lo Vult. Though its less historical authenticity and more bloated to shit with scripts managing 1000 different things at the same time.

Yeah fuck off

Are you really so surprised? Average age of 4chan/8ch poster is 13-19. I perish the thought of an actual adult playing Warhammer Total War without finding it complete shit.

How about wanting a fun experience?

I never said you should buy it, you absolutely shouldn't.
But the game itself is good

I've been dicking around with Empire and Napoopan. How different are the non-gunpowder Total War games?

forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191504/bretonnia-update-patch-notes

Most people here who say it's shit haven't played it. I can't wait for it to get cracked so we can finally have talks about it. It's the best total war game to be released in the last 5 years but after rome 2 and attila, that isn't saying much. Also their blood dlc.

Fuck* their blood dlc

Cavalry is much, much more fragile and not as satisfying to use in Empire/Nappy, in my opinion. Personally, I think Shogun 2 (with Fall of the Samurai) does a better mix of melee and gunpowder combat.

Glad to hear the Bretonnia DLC is going to be free. Multiplayer would be great if it wasn't for the paid DLC units which are far more cost-effective than the regular ones. Also the shitty balance.

I've never played either of the RTWs, which one is this?

That's the Europa Barbarorum 2 mod for Medieval 2

I just know the moment I give in and buy TW Warhammer CPY will crack it.

I'm starting to think that, because of the complexity of denuvo, whoever will crack it is waiting for all the dlc to be released. Maybe you'll only have to wait half a year longer for the crack. Then wait for the expansions to be cracked.

So I've spent an hour or so testing Bretonnia and I'm am really surprised at how much they did with the faction. I figured it'd be "The Empire but with bad accents and more horses" but it's not, at all. You got to handle Chivalry and Peasants so you can't just ransom prisoners willy-nilly or make endless stacks of shit-tier troops. The research is more focused on dealing with other factions, so for example you can research a "Fuck Orcs" tech or a "Fuck Chaos" variety. There are events in place to make early rushes harder.

I'm waiting for Steel Faith to update but so far this is much more than I expected of CA.

get back into formation!

I wish that Great War mod for Napoopan wasn't ruined by the ludicrously expensive EVERYTHING and taking forever to move anywhere on the map.

Been playing on hard. Seems like the strategy is sit in your home province and fuck up beast men while you do the research to unite Britannia while making non-agression and trade pacts. Then confederate and take over the rest of the world because you're set and can take on anything now

I just want to play Isabella and Vlads romantic trip to take over the world.

Issy and Vlad are awesome.
Radious is doing a mod for TW:WH? I thought he kicked the bucket after rome2 fell apart..

Objectively correct. You can do most shit in that mod if you want to.

He's done mods for Attila and Warhammer, both are terrible messes of unbalanced units and broken economies.

His worst offense is his Warhammer mod though, he adds every kind of unit to each faction (Blood Knight Archers say hi) which makes each faction play the same, not only that you make like 10k a turn with 5 armies up, it completely fucks over balance.

Not long now. I know how to keep the shekels rolling in.

Also, anyone who bought Warhammer needs to go back to /r/gaming where you belong, there hasn't been a good TW game since Shogun 2

The fucking Scaly bastards better fucking be in the next game as a base Race or I'll start sacrificing IRL in the name of Sotek.

I've never played Total War before but recently picked up Total War:Warhammer since I'm a huge Warhammer fan, any advice to help me get into it?

This makes me happy Age of Sigmar is trash

So is it ok to say you actually enjoyed empire yet?

I guess I'll start posting on Reddit and here :^)

No

I enjoyed Empire with mods, I like the big campaign map and the faction choice, shame France is a single county though, tad weird.

jesus I could ignore some of the historical fuckerry he did in Rome, but what the fuck.
Good luck in your conquests user, I hope rebellion doesn't bite you in the ass like it did me.

More enjoyable than shogun 2 tbh.

empire, shogun 2, and toto wawa i play pretty evenly. empire just has a lot of bugs and crashes especially in boat battles but otherwise it's fucking amazing to spam artillery in that

Really, I just started playing Empire last week and although I dislike naval combat I've only had it crash once during a land battle.

It's only large land battles it happens in. You also have to take over the Istanbul area ASAP or turns take forever with Ai pathing fucking up trying to pass through there

Is this vanilla? Why are there no cities in Netherlands?

His unit mod is the most offensive thing I've ever seen and when people point out that he is raping the lore left and right he reacts with petulance like you'd expect of a mod faggot.

He also uploaded a placeholder for his mod before he even began working on it. He's that kind of tremendous pompous nigger.

But what about the individual units of chosen dedicated to each chaos God and the addition of chaos Dwarf riflemen? And how the mod essentially makes chaos great again and not just fucking terrible Christian metal band faggots

Again, lore fuckery.

So you are saying Shogun 2 is better than Warhammer?

Fall of the Samurai keeps crashing for me when I click end turn. Going to give it one last try tonight with no mods.

yes

How about you go back to prepping the bull for your wife ?

Thera

For those interested, this video discusses the future of Total WaWa pretty comprehensively.

Installed The "Great War" mod for NTW but it crashes everytime i try to start a campaign.
Any ideas?

Nice video cookie. Keep up the good work.

is it yout video?

I just shill his channel because it's pretty cozy and he discusses the lore.

Has there ever been a pike unit in a total war game that wasn't silly?

What's your issue?

Whatever do you mean? :^)

Play the tutorial :^)

I fucking hate that faggot and his mod so goddamn much, my choice of overhaul has always been Wake's Realism

As loath as I am to defend Radius, it IS Chaos Dwarf units that are their ranged units so the lore is fine since Archaon can force ANYONE who fights for Chaos to fight for him since he is the Everchosen

Installing mods for Napoleon and Empire is a pain in the ass, there should be a number of tutorials for it on Total War Center

Look at this faggot

shit, I am about to give up and give money to (((games workshop))) since it is the last day Total WaWa is for 12 dollars on humble bundle. should I give in and give money to denuvo ? is there a chance of their kikery DLCs being in the bundle?

Well, I'm fairly certain the older DLCs (Grim and Grave, Chaos faction and so forth) will go on sale when the next Summer Sale starts. Although I doubt they'll be discounted by much.

still, 17 bucks for one faction dlc? this shit is getting out of hand>>12047125

Rome Total War

They justify the price with the mini-campaign, but that's bullshit and they know it. Those campaigns are one-off stuff.
You don't really need Forest Niggers or Forest Niggers: Lelf Edition though, they don't really bring anything to the table.

total war 2 with divide et impera is amazing, it's also free (the mod, not the game)

I also heard tw: warhammer is good and that the devs have been taking player feedback and improving the game with each DLC, however it's also really expensive (base game does not include chaos in a world where the main conflict is chaos against everybody else).

Other than that it's bretty gud.

I'm pretty sure they're going to announce the next Total WaWa this E3 with a release date in 2018.

crack when

Now that the DLC is over, most likely soon.

That and CPY cracked older shit like JC3, Mad Max and Sherlock Holmes.

What the fuck happened to this board. All you Halfchan normalfags get the fuck out.

wut

The next TW will be called Endless Total War since Sega acquired Amplitude Studios.

Screencap this.

Say what?

Ultimate General series of games are his.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_General

new game to play

Who the fuck said that?
I've seen people shit on Radious, but not Darth.
Nice rec by the way, Ultimate General is top tier.
Civil War when?

^this faggot is a CA shill.

The only darth mod i've played is shogun 2 darth. Archers became shit and sieges broke

The best Darth mod I've played was for Napoopon. The improvements are staggering.

Didn't the guy who made that have an autistic temper tantrum over Hyrule Warriors or something?

Well that was a waste of time.

What did you expect?

The lord of the rings mod had factions that played differently.

Actually he played HW and said it was arguably the funnest game in the series, stupid but fun.

It's 4chan Holla Forumstards and every mouth breathing faggot from r/The_Donald. I warned everyone that Holla Forums was right. Getting 8ch delisted was one of the best things done for the site. Hotdud, Holla Forums and Holla Forums plans of inviting legit redditors and 4chan retards into the site is what is killing it. Jim appealing to normalfags for more revenue from his datamining is what is killing the site. Hotdud wounded 8ch, now Jim is finishing it off.

Holla Forums did nothing wrong.

I'm a shameless pirate, but I always understood that it was an arms race between pirates and game companies. It's not like Ubisoft's DRM that actually makes the game worse, you don't get to bitch that you can't illegally obtain a product.

Are there any others I should try? I should I let my memories of those fantastic nights stay unsullied? Plus I might not have the proper autism anymore.

Go back to warosu.

google creamAPI
you can pirate the DLC

That's kind of an exaggeration. I hope he does well with Ultimate General but it's an exaggeration to say he's competing with CA.

lol

Pull that out of your ass did you?

Clearly TW Wawa is the problem here. Clearly.

What? Total War games have never been autistic unless you mod them. Medieval 2 + Kingdoms is great, skip Empire, Napoleon is alright (very good with mods), Shogan 2 is good, Rome 2 is a shitshow, Attila is either good or bad depending on who you ask, Total WaWa is pretty good but way too expensive for all the content.

Atilla is still mediocre shit and its what Rome 2 should be, except you have to buy the game again.
Its shit

Are the fantasy mods in a playable state? Last I checked most of them were a broken mess of works in progress, but that was years ago.

Have no idea about Hyrule, GoT, or Elder Scrolls. BotET is currently a buggy mess, but the next patch is going to make major overhauls Soon™. Third Age has been extremely playable for a long time now.

So whats the hardest faction to play as in any total war?

All right. Gonna give Third Age a try, but I really wanted to play the westeros one…

Waiting for it to update right now. I use a few graphical mods as well.

Rome 2: Iberian, because the games such a cluster fuck and the faction got one of the worst infantry/archer combinations.
In a good game? I'd say Milan in ME:2, its a coin toss on being fucked over by the HRE, France, or Venice. But if you can grab cosica and sardinia early things usually turn out fine.

I've played pretty much all of them; Hyrule is in a pretty good state but I think previous versions of the mod, although less stable, were more fun.
There are like 20 GoT mods, pick your poison because more times than not the most you get is a vanilla reskin with a new map.
TES is probably a bit buggy, haven't played for a while, on the fact that you have to translate it from Russian
And BoTE is a buggy mess that will crash on every other siege battle, units that have wonky hit boxes, and lost a lost of that doom and tense feeling that the original Call of Warhammer had, might even be less buggy.
Third Age is fine, only buggy bits are the Fellowship campaign and hotseat

Shogun 2 - Ottomo and Ikko because religion
Rome - Seleucid Empire, you will be attacked from all your neighbours early on
Medieval 2 - Turks, same thing as rome but with mongols later

Well, that's exactly what I wanted since the Westeros universe is pretty much just medieval europe reskined anyway. Maybe a few new mechanics with the northern wall and stuff would be cool.

Do you have a good GoT one you would recomend? There just so many of them.

So… would you recommend just go with the original and maybe upgrade to BoTE once it gets boring?

best mods for shogun 2?

Age if Petty Kings has a lot of factions, including the Night's Watch, and has an even when the White Walkers invade.

Yes and no, the thing about the original is that it is a MASSIVE bitch to install, and if you don't do it right then you're fucked harder than with any other mod, but if you pull it off then the experience

Goddamn shit posted before I was finished
The original is really fun, it's hard as shit with the way the AI is handed free armies and territories while you're given dogshit; it's a constant struggle that requires you to git gud. And when Archaon invades it WILL fell like the world is going to end.
That being said the next patch for BotE

are you fucking fucking serious hatechan
Try BotE when the next patch comes out, just remember to have the 4gb memory patch installed on your Medieval 2.

That sounds cool as fuck, specially since I wanted a mod that would follow the books, not the shitty tv show.

Reminder

otomo is the fucking easiest, you get guns right off the bat, you're in an easily defended corner and religion makes an easy weapon too as long you slowly expand

I believe it's set long before the books, before the realm was unified

Yeah, the petty kingdons era was before the Targaryen dinasty. Looks like the author was working on a version of this mod set in the 5 Kings War (the one in the books), but he stopped to work on the End Times warhammer mod. What a shame…

Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion, Eastern Roman Empire. You start with a large empire but are attacked by all your neighbors and a massive financial deficit each turn.

I reckon other than that, some factions in Shogun 2 would be the hardest, but it's been too long to remember which they were. Shogun 2 has the best AI out of all the Total Wars and Legendary difficulty is actually a challenge.

The hardest campaing to date is western rome in attila total war.

You can cheese any campaign one way or another in TW. I cheesed the R2 Pompey campaign by fucking off to Britain for example.

The natives in MW2 Kingdoms can be pretty hard, as well as the Vikings in the Britain campaign since you have a shit economy and a weak foothold on the Isles.

the great war mod for NTW is not really fun
everything is way too expensive and units do their own thing in battle all the time

How do NTW and Empire compare?
Which is better/worse?
Which has better mods?

is totalwarhammer worth pirating?

What? Western Roman Empire is much harder nigga. ERE is still relatively rich compared to west.

not cracked

Hey does anyone have a link or guide to installing Stainless Steel for M2:TW? Also, can i use my steam version to get SS to run? I can't find a link to SS or a helpful guide anywhere. Thanks.

Pretty much. It could be a good game if I was able to afford to build anything but you practically go bankrupt every turn.

Only good thing about it is seeing thousands of men cut down in an instant.

what the fuck? just google "stainless steel m2tw" you halfwit. Its the first link.

U mad cuck?

>>>/cuckchan/

U mad I can here you're reeeeeeeeeeee's from here mane

>>>/halfchan/

Jesus christ dude, I'd say go back to reddit but I don't think even they'd accept you. Go to facebook or 9gag or something, just fucking leave and don't come back you genetic abberation.

I've forwarded your IP to the appropriate authorities :^)

Next time know your place kiddie

Well, it is the best thing to come out of the warscape engine and many issues from previus gameshave been fixed (like cav charges).
Factions are actually different from each other.

fuck you video game

Is there a mod that makes Shogun 2 fun? I mean just shogun 2s campaign and not the expansions. I always get to realm divide and shortly after that I become overwhelmed to the point I can't win even with superior nipponese steel and tactics.

You have warrior monks, you can deal with this.

How about stopping one province short of RD and teching up before triggering it?

So, with the new kikery they pulled in this last patch, you can't play with three Vampire Counts legendary lords anymore, unless you buy the DLC or do some convoluted/difficult shenaningans. Also you can't access any of the "free dlc" mercenary units stuff because you're locked on playing as Vlad or his wife, not the actual Vampire Counts faction.

That aside, what's the fastest way now to acquire a necromancer Hero(not lord)? With the change, I'm craving for some for that nice 20% building cost reduction.

Pretty sure one the quests spawn a Necromancer, otherwise it's entirely possible for one to spawn by complete chance via random event.

Steel Faith just released its Bretonnia update.

I'm disappointed there aren't any actual maps that feature star forts in Shogun 2 FOTS

You git gud and play the game at minimum taxes for that growth bonus so when realm divide comes you set it to normal taxes and then roll in so much koku realm divide is the only way Ai could keep up

I don't think there were any star forts in feudal japan though

Is the first shogun good?

Were there star forts during the meiji restoration?

FOTS takes place during Meji restoration, so there were a lot of new stuff been introduced. The defensive battle I played was in a city with a star fort, but the battleground doesn't actually feature it. I'm tempted to make it with a map editor to sate my autism.

At least one. Goryokaku was constructed during the Boshin War

Boy my graphics card was shit back when I took these