Silent Storm Sentinels editor

Does anyone know how to get the editor in S3 to work? I managed to get the shit working in S2 and created some mods for it but I can't figure out how to get the editor to work for S3. It just acts like I'm modding S2 and doesn't let me access the S3 content.
Anyone?

Other urls found in this thread:

strategycore.co.uk/forums/topic/10295-new-s3-mod-all-uniforms-in-development-feedback-is-welcome/
s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=01906570763378430961&t=0190657076337843096110876
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is it with people playing silent storm all of a sudden ?
I played Sentinel with the Blunter Mod and that was pretty nice.

strategycore.co.uk/forums/topic/10295-new-s3-mod-all-uniforms-in-development-feedback-is-welcome/
(5 versions of Splittermuster 45 uniform, unique versions of existing weapons, multiple game play changes, all default REs are scripted now, new lighting, several new scripted REs, HE rounds are temporarily gone - converted to 'surplus' ammo instead, 3 new enemy classes ("Grunt", "Zombie", "PK Operator"), all PKs have been overhauled (stronger, better, faster, auto-destruct) and a Soviet Intel subplot featuring Lt. Colonel Mikhalev from H&S ~ 7 missions) + v 2.3 full (without HE rounds)

I don't know about anyone else but I'm tired of modern vidya and I'm on a old vidya binge.

I prefer Silent Storm to Jagged Alliance to be honest.
If only Silent Storm had as many gameplay options as JA and bigger maps it would be perfect.

Nival would have gotten their X-COM total conversion if the SDK were designed better tbh

An urban focused eastern front mod would do well with the SS engine. It would be nice if you captured/defended zones like in JA2 too.

Silent Storm : Stalingrad

Yeah it's a shame the SDK is so shitty and requires a SQL server to run and half the modding has to be done in a SQL database manager.

Blunter abandoned for causing irreparable crashes shit.

Edit the S3 core instead of the S2 core?

Edit this *whips out dick*

There is already Soviet based Silent Storm with the same dev. It's called Hammer & Sickle.

From what I managed to find I'm supposed to just put the mapedit.exe and tools in the sentinels folder and it should work, but it just copies the database from s2 and doesn't copy the s3 database. I tried renaming the s3 database and placing it in a profile manually but it just crashes the editor.
I'm thinking S3 uses a different mapedit.exe but I can't find it online, just the S2 version (which they say works for S3, but apparently not) and the H&S editor. I got the gog version and it didnt come with the editor included.

I'm serious though, you need to manually point it to the S3 core and repeat almost everything you did earlier for S2. And god help you if you mix S2 and S3 mod files.

OK, so that's probably it. I couldn't make the gog one ran either so I tracked down the original Gold version.

How do I do that? The directories are set up to use the S3 folders but it still copies shit from the S2 folders. Do I have to manually regedit or something?

Probably it then. Thanks for the heads up user, I'll do the same.

I want to play the good guys. Plus I've read terrible reviews about this game.

You do.

Yeah, the game is unfinished, short, buggy, and very low budget compared to SS. But it's probably the only true sequel to SS:S. It's pretty much plays like expansion pack of SS.

I think that mod support is more important when it comes to comparing JA and SS. Look how many mods JA has and just how much they add to the game.

Haha, almost had me there user.

That happened because the source code was released,. If the same happened for SS it would probably start a lot of interest in modding the engine, since the destruction system in it is still pretty impressive to this day.

Sure but JA2 legitimately has no mod support what so ever. Honestly, what the community managed to do is nothing short of magic.

Boys, too many boys.

Sorry user, I looked but it just wasn't there.

I just want to have fun in a destructible environement that encourages creativity

Can't think of any other game where if you hear someone out and about a floor above you, you can just unload your MG at him, break the floor and then have his lifeless Swiss cheese corpse fall through.

I didn't know pewdiepie finally offed himself :^)

OP with new ID here. As I thought the S3 editor is a different .exe. Here it is if anyone else has the GOG version and wants to use the S3 editor. Just put the files in the S3 folder. If you don't have the MSDE SQL you can get it from PCGW editor package for S2.

s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=01906570763378430961&t=0190657076337843096110876